[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else glad that our Rival is an asshole again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 243px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png (109KB, 243x599px) Image search: [Google]
243px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png
109KB, 243x599px
I feel as if recently Pokemon has been trying to give us "more relatable" rivals, yet they just come across as overly optimistic, and half of the times I forget they even exist. However, I find myself remembering the douchebags more than I find myself remembering the more recent rivals. Blue, Silver (Maybe Barry and Hugh if you wanna try really hard to gather examples) came across as jerks, but that just gave the player more incentive to wipe the dumb ass smiles off of their faces. Now, I just wanna shut them up half of the time, and while Hau comes across another one of these happy go-lucky rivals, I'm really digging Gladion's character, as he almost seems like a parody of Silver, while still giving off that vibe that makes him an asshat. Plus, his the fucking thing he does with his hands before he battles you cracks me up.
>>
>Gladion
>asshole
>>
Gladion is not a DUDE ASSHOLE RIVAL LMAO XD, he's a jerk with a heart of gold.
>>
>>29853924
He's not an asshole though and he's barely a rival.
>>
File: top_0054.png (93KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0054.png
93KB, 400x240px
He was what a rival should be
didn't take the roid rage to laughable levels and still cared about pokemon, but wasn't some happy go lucky retard like all the new ones are
>>
>>29853948
>he's a jerk with a heart of gold.
So hes shit then.
>>
>>29853986
It's better than being an angsty edgelord like Silver for 90% of his game
>>
>>29853924
>Gladion
>asshole
I guess you haven't played the game
>>
>>29854034
Silver is just a dick, hes not an edgelord.
>>
>>29854087
>I hate the weak. Pokémon, trainers. It doesn't matter who or what. I'm going to be strong and wipe out the weak. That goes for Team Rocket too. They act big and tough in a group. But get them alone, and they're weak. I hate them all. You stay out of my way. A weakling like you is only a distraction."
>>
>>29854087
No silver is an edgelord. Blue was the dick.

Blue was having fun at your expense. Silver may has well been cutting his wrists after losing a pokemon battle.
>>
If my favorite rivals are Wally and Hugh, how will I like Gladion and Hau?
>>
>>29854154
You might like Gladion but probably not Hau.
>>
>>29854123
The English script made Blue come off as much more of a dick than he actually was. He said the same stuff in the Japanese version, but the infliction made it a lot more obvious that he was just teasing you.
>>
>>29853924
The asshole rivals like blue and silver are garbage. The only reason they act the way they do is to push the "you didn't win because you don't love your pokemon enough" shtick.
>>
>>29854262
I honestly think that was a good thing, though. It's given English Blue a really interesting character arc. Between Gen I, Gen II, and Gen VI, we really see him grow up and mature in a way no other character does.
>>
>>29854330
You're analysis of blue is so wrong. Never once did he imply you had shitmons. He only implied you were shit. It's oak that suggests you care for your pokemon more.
>>
>>29853924
I want to ream his boypussy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.