[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x186px
Not really pokemon related, well sort of but can anyone tell me what are the pros and cons of having a modded software? I'm planning to have mine modded because after all the things that happened from the leaks, I don't think I would want to buy the gen 7 games.
Thanks anons
>>
Pros: free games
Cons: non
>>
>>29848939
What is the version of your firmware?
If it's 11.2 you're shit out of luck.
If it's 11.0/11.1, you may be able to pirate sun and moon when slowhax is released, unless you have a friend with a modded DS. So before we get into this whole discussion, you may want to actually check you could even do it if you wanted to, so you don't get your hopes up for no reason.
>>
>>29848939
>Pros
Free games
>Cons
if you can't follow directions you can brick it

go to home brew general for instructions
>>
>>29848939
I wanted to mod my 3ds as well, but unfortunately I fell for the pokebank meme and had to update my 3ds to 11.1

I don't want to buy or play Sun/Moon anyway. I'm going to play White 2, then my X run and then my Yellow run.

Hopefully by January there is a homebrew hack for 11.1. If not I'll just buy sky3DS.
>>
Just go to /hbg/ on /vg/ and they can tell you how fucked you are and yell at you to do it yourself. You're either not going to find anyone capable of doing it without fucking up if you updated to 11.2, or it's so easy you're paying too much for someone to play solitaire on your SD card.
>>
Since the game was leaked, there's been about a million people trying to figure out how to hack their 3ds's. I'd say the vast majority of them had updated 3ds's, and were just hoping there would be an easy way to get sun/moon.

It's better to inform those of you who are new to the 3ds hacking scene that you need to have firmware below 11.0 and chances are, if you have never heard of/investigated hacking before now, you probably don't.
>>
There are no cons except risk bricking if you're dumb
>>
>>29848939
Pros:
>free games
>Ingame screenshots
>Full control over the console
>Backups
>Resell for better money

Cons
>10^-17 chance of bricking
>No Warranty because you break the agreement
>if you get caught pirating(which won't happen) you get rekt
>>
>>29849032
Pros:
>free games
>Ingame screenshots
>Full control over the console
>Backups
>Resell for better money

Cons
>chance of bricking
>bullshit since a none-retard made a backup.
>bullshit
>>
>>29848980
i just downgraded my 11.1 without any issues.
Now I have Luma3ds on it and have both version.

I will still buy the games because I'm not a fag.
>>
always amazes me how many people bring the warranty argument - how often do you guys actually use your warranty on other items?
>>
OP here.
Well I talked to someone offering modding services and they told me they can reformat and downgrade my 3ds so they can hack it with arm9. Is this possible?
>>
>>29848939
>pros
Free games
non-nintendo utility software/games/etc.
In-game cheats
Save/whole 3DS backups
>cons
If you're retarded and/or can't read you could brick it
>>
there aren't even any cons, in fact once you've set up homebrew you have a 3DS that is even harder to brick than an unmodded one thanks to the way A9LH lets you load backups before the main 3DS firmware boots

there are no downsides
>>
casual reminder that a hacked 3ds can unban itself, both nnid and serial number ban.
>>
>>29850711
This.
The ability to have backups and having an unbrickable 3ds were the main reasons I did. Well worth the hour and a half spent following that guide, plus the nice bonus of video and image capture. I've learned it makes a nice emulator too.
>>
>>29850646
yes if they have a modded 3ds it is
>>
Thanks anons!
All the replies are much appreciated
>>
easiest way to get a 3DS hacked is find someone who can hardmod it for you locally
They tend to do it for dirt fucking cheap
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.