[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exp. Share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Why do we hate it?
>>
but i like it
>>
People who don't realize the Gen 6+ EXP Share is designed to make it easy to use a revolving door of Pokemon, as opposed to simply used for your main 6 throughout the adventure, hate it. Everyone else with a brain doesn't.
>>
File: Manectric Mega Banana.png (227KB, 760x750px) Image search: [Google]
Manectric Mega Banana.png
227KB, 760x750px
>>29848722
Only smogonfags and genwunners hate it. Everyone else is cool with exp share.
>>
Ohh why you hated it? Cuz u think the game was so easy because of that SHIT? Why not turning that shit thing OFF, and your problem will be solve
>>
Because the game isn't balanced around it properly.
>>
>>29848788
Gen 7 is.
You don't actually end up overleveled.
The level curve is weird as fuck so it can feel like it, but all the major bosses are a few levels over you.
>>
>don't use it
>spend an unnecessary amount of time grinding because your team ends up underleveled
>>
I don't. As someone who plays VGC it's vital for training multiple Pokemon at once. Especially now that EV training has been nerfed so fucking hard, it's really important.
>>
>>29848722
/vp/ doesn't know how to turn it off
>>
>>29848801
>grinding
>ever for any reason
Just suck up and play on hard mode.
>>
>>29848809
you can EV train mons passively in the Poke Pelago, and get several copies of the Festival Plaza shop with EV items, and chaining mons increases the amount of EVs you gain
>>
"Ugh level up is too easy. EXP share sucks. I'm a pussy."

"Why would you EV and IV train, it's too hard. Don't be a pussy. "

VP in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1392957463445.jpg (54KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1392957463445.jpg
54KB, 350x350px
It's fine on its own, but if you level a pokemon's affection even ONCE they start getting boosted exp gains and it gets out of hand.
One or the other is fine.
>>
S/M is designed around it for the most part. You'll only be a few levels higher than certain trials/areas at best, and it's convenient if you switch up your team every once in a while to get newer mons up to speed
>>
>>29848722
We like to complain about the lack of a difficulty option when it's right there, under a different name
>>
>>29848923
It's not a difficulty option though. You apologist faggots just like to say it is just to suck GF's cock and pretend it isn't a terrible design. It's like saying the PokeMart is actually some ebin hidden difficulty option and if you want hard mode you're supposed to not use it.

If they wanted a difficulty option they would show it explicitly on main menu or in the options like they did literally the game before XY. I can't go into a game BLIND and guess for shit to arbitrarily not use just because the devs couldn't balance the game properly themselves.
>>
>caring about difficulty in a single player story mode
>>
>>29848963
If you don't see a 250% increase in EXP as an advantage you might be retarded
>>
>>29848759
i like it and im both of those
>>
>>29849039
Obviously it's an advantage you retard, but the assumption by any average player is that the devs BALANCED THE GAME around this advantage. I can use the free Lucky Egg in BW with no downside but I sure as fuck don't get overleveled because of it
>>
>>29849026
This, I immediately turn off exp share after the main story so I can go online
>>
>>29849098
Luckily SM is balanced around it so you can finally stop bitching
>>
>>29849104
How is this connected? Exp share is a great tool to raise Pokemon for competitive
>>
I used both the Exp Share and got my pokemon to two hearts in refresh for the Exp boost and still ended up slightly under or matching champion levels. And I fought every trainer I came across
The game does a great job of making you think you're overleveled like >>29848797 mentions but really the bosses can still surprise you or completely kick your ass.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.