[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1442917139703.png (338KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
1442917139703.png
338KB, 450x413px
Just dug out my old 3DS and I'm trying to run homebrew on it. Only problem is I don't know how. I read a bunch of walk throughs on how to get it up and running with Browserhax, only to find out that doesn't work anymore.

I'm on Ver. 10.1.0-27U. So can anyone tell me the best Homebrew software to put on my 3DS so I can get PKHex running by next week?
>>
>>29842845
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
>>
casual reminder that you are actually at a firmware version that allows you to set up a cfw and play pokemon sun/moon right now (well after the setup, so in 2h)
>>
>>29842932
Yea, I figured that, but I'm so retarded on how to set this shit up that I'd probably fuck it up.
>>
>>29842987
>>29842845
Follow this guide anon >>29842917

I really have no idea about all this hacking stuff but the guide was really simple. Of course it took some hours to finish, but it was worth it in the end. Playing sun right now.

You could go to /vg/ and homebrewgeneral if you have more questions
>>
>>29843045
There's no homebrew general
>>
>>29843150
Anon pls

>>>/vg/159888716
>>
>>29843257
I'm retarded, sorry

In my defense, I took sleeping pills and looked in vp and not in vg
>>
>>29843045
Thanks. I read through it and it looks pretty complicated. Really wish there was a youtube video on how to do this, since I'm way more of a visual learner.
>>
>>29843445
>Thanks. I read through it and it looks pretty complicated
It's not. It's really not. The process has become extremely streamlined and it takes less than one hour from the at least three it used to take. Man up and just do it.
>>
>>29843502
You're right. I'll tackle it tomorrow. Thanks for the vote of confidence anon.
>>
>>29843550
I read that shit like 10 times and every time noped out. But 2 days ago i just fucking did it. It took me more than 4 hours to be honest, but i didn't want to give up. Once you have successfully done it, it's not that hard at all.

You literally just download and copy files to your sd card and open some whacky programs on your 3ds and press install.

I actually did it to my second 3DS the day after and it went much faster than the first time. It really isn't as hard as it looks. Just concentrate and do everything that the guide says.
>>
anyone got a link to the cia?
>>
>>29843963
look for it on 3dsiso, best place to get them
>>
>>29843635
Hey, I've been trying to get Browserhax to work and I've been following the guide. But my 3DS keeps telling me I need to update in order to use my browser. The fuck is that about? I've tried like 20 times and it keeps telling me to update.

What should I do? I know I shouldn't update.
>>
>>29844242
firmware?

If you are on a o3ds >=10.7 or a n3ds >= 11.0 browserhax won't work for you
>>
>>29844288
Oh, yea I'm on 10.1.2-0. I'm following the guide for that particular firmware though. Should I just upgrade to 11.0? If so, how do I do that?
>>
>>29844381
no, don't fucking update until the guide tells you to. You are in the perfect spot for a fully hacked 3ds and if you update now you are fucking yourself over.

Follow the guide, there's a section that tells you how to get around the update nag (setting your datetime to 1.1.2000 and reinitializing the browser)
>>
>>29844547
>Follow the guide, there's a section that tells you how to get around the update nag (setting your datetime to 1.1.2000 and reinitializing the browser)

I've done that and it keeps telling me to update before I can use the browser.
>>
>>29844592
restart 3ds and do it again.

change theme
date to 1.1.2000 00:00

open browser and be fast with the initialize savedata
>>
>>29844650
Thanks, had to redo all of that all over again and just do it fast. Seems to have worked. Now I got to the part where you have to open up the menuhax manager thing. It's been downloading the "config via HTTPC..." for a while though. Is that normal or did it freeze?
>>
>>29844799
ah yea, that step is fucked because the server where it tries to dl menuhax from is currently offline

you can do the manual installation of menuhax instead:
http://pastebin.com/4e5AiK7s
>>
>>29844867
>http://pastebin.com/4e5AiK7s
Thanks, got it to get past the "downloading config via HTTPC..." stage, but then it took me to another step where it tells me it's Menuhax manager 3.1. It asks me to either install, delete, configure menuhax, install custom theme, or set up built in home menu.

When I select install, it asks me if I want to overide the detected system version and book until the intended home menu version is installed. When I select "yes" it takes me to a screen where I have to select my firmware. After I select my firmware, it started to send network requests...

Guessing all this is normal? Been doing that for a while now.
>>
>>29845111
>http://pastebin.com/4e5AiK7s

- + If you are prompted to "override the detected system version," press (B) to decline

make sure to read the guides you are following, if you just skip over steps you might end up with a brick later on (there's not many important steps that can brick you, but if you fuck up badly it can happen)
>>
>>29845189
Yea, I kinda figured that out. It said it installed successfully, but for whatever reason, it doesn't boot up into Homebrew launcher when I hold down on the d-pad during bootup. I can still get there from the book mark in my browser though. Guess that's good enough to get PKHex going right? I'm not that interested in emulation. Just wanted to get PKHex to work for next week.
>>
>>29845441
I know it's tiresome, but you really want to follow that guide till the very end. Chances are you won't be able to play sun/moon on that firmware and then you'll end up updating and regretting it in the long run (you might not be able to get pkhex going on 11.2 without cfw)
>>
>>29845498
Well I have 2 3DS's. My New 3DS hasn't been hacked. This is my old 3DS that I bought at launch. It was collecting dust in my desk drawer, actually. I only plan on using it to get pokemon through PKHex. I don't really have any other plans for it.

That being said, PKHex should work with this, right? I planned on using it for my Pokemon Sun game that I'm getting next week.
>>
>>29845565
if you get cartridge sun/moon you can use jksm (google it) and launch it from the homebrewlauncher to dump/inject savegames from/to your cartridge.

so you could use pkhex with that setup, yes.

However, I still recommend doing the full guide. If you end up with cfw on your o3ds you can use systemtransfer and a 5$ game from the eshop to downgrade your n3ds as well.

but it is up to you
>>
>>29845627
>jksm
Cool man. Thanks a ton for all your help!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.