[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nlg/ - Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0655.png (448KB, 5000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.png
448KB, 5000x2000px
Are sun and moon the hardest games in the series to nuzlocke?

And on that note, Nuzlocke General.
>>
>>29838576
Buyfag here. Do you guys recommend playing with EXP Share on or off? I hear that it's not broken anymore, and wonder if turing it off with make the Nuzlocke too hard?
>>
>>29838703
Play with it on. Overleveling isn't as big of a deal when Z-moves can kill most of your Pokémon.
>>
made it further this time than my previous best
(best before was Sina, just lost to the totem Salazzle)
>>
it's fine to save before getting the starter right? This shit is D/P again with 1 thousand years of dialogue before you get a mon
>>
>>29840140
yeah, i also heard the best place to save is after the bridge (i read this as a spoiler-free tip, so can't confirm)
>>
I'm about to start a Sun/Moon nuzlocke, is any starter preferred over the other?
>>
>>29840257
Rowlett helps you get through the second island IMO, if it survives that long. Since the order of the trials is Water > Fire > Grass, each one should give you a Pokémon for taking on the next until Lurantis wipes you, so it helps to get the started to work through the start of that.
>>
>Nuzlocking with all the cutscenes

Fuck that.

You can guarantee a gyrados and tentacruel. I see the biggest stumbling block being totem lurantis if you don't get a zubat.
>>
Yo, buying both games a nintendo world's midnight launch. Should I do a normal run for my first playthrough or nuzlocke?
>>
>>29840669
The nuzlocke will probably be more entertaining, until you get absolutely bodied by one of the totem mons, probably.
>>
File: 1478298252965.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
1478298252965.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
I'm currently doing an omega ruby nuzlocke while waiting for the games to release, and I've been seeing a some people post that nuzlocking sun and moon is actually difficult. I can only imagine what that means considering the amount of times I tend to get screwed over in locks.
>>
Depends on the Nuzlocke rules you set yourself. You'd probably need to train your Pokémon quite a bit as soon as you can primarily because of the water totem Pokémon.
>>
>>29841629
Grass totem can also fuck you up. And even Fire if you don't kill him before Toxic, I suppose.

Another problem are the Z-Moves, if an enemy uses one you will have one death guaranteed.
>>
>>29841467
It's because the totem pokemon actually put up some semblance of a fight, everything else is still largely simple. The fights themselves still aren't that hard but they'll easily knock out some of your pokemon if you don't type match well or deal with the adds (though in some cases I found it better to just go straight for the totem and ignore the add, since they'll summon a second stronger one if you beat their first one; totem Mimikyu for example starts with haunter but will summon a gengar if you beat the haunter).
>>
File: Capture.png (399KB, 697x484px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
399KB, 697x484px
2nd attempt Moon nuz stream going on (obviously don't come if you don't want spoilers)

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
File: 1458393510923.jpg (418KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1458393510923.jpg
418KB, 1536x2048px
>tfw don't get a Zubat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.