[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick Question: Who do YOU play as?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: moonbox.jpg (31KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
moonbox.jpg
31KB, 300x268px
Do you name your MC after yourself? Or maybe you just go for something cool/cute? Does anybody else name that characters after their official name or is it just me?
>>
>>29835893
after myself, i like self-inserting
>>
In Gen V I named myself 'Nochet because Pinochet was too long for the game to accept
>>
I give my character the canon name in every game from Gen 1-5, but since the introduction of customization I just try making a shitty self-insert of myself because the default costumes for the XY/SM characters suck.
>>
where is that chick that wanted to see rockruff? I forget where she is.
>>
Are there canon names yet for the SuMo protags? I usually like to use those, but I can't seem to find them online.
>>
I've always named the MC after my online handle.
>>
I self insert, normally!
>>
>>29835893
I use a shortened version of my usual screen name. Randoms online don't know my real name, but friends can still easily find me.
>>
File: 1466647617270.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1466647617270.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>29836041
does i anyone know what im talking about???
>>
>>29835893
I always pic the girl and name her Gert.
>>
Always my name since I played when I was a child.

Also, I only train Pokémon with my name in the OT.
>>
Red in Gen 1, my real name ever since then

Though I always give nameable rivals/other character their canon names
>>
>>29836051
>SuMo
>>
>>29835893
If I pick a boy I name him Tyrone, Bob, or some other generic name. If I pick a girl I name her qt, cumslut, or something along those lines.
>>
I still name the MC after myself and call the rival something unpleasant. I just wish the rivals still deserved it. I miss asshole rivals.
>>
I played as boy and use my real name Makai for all games except BW2 and up.

After that I decided to continue playing the games as girl starting from White 2 with my name being McKayla since It wouldn't make sense storyline wise as me playing as myself again from White and having Cheren/Bianca/Prof. Juniper all grown and not not recognising me and talking to me like I'm new.

n-no homo
>>
File: 1477190757451.jpg (14KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
1477190757451.jpg
14KB, 487x423px
>>29836041
PLEASE
>>
>>29836243
>Still getting triggered by this
>>
>>29835925
>Self inserting
Kek
>>
>>29835893
I just name it after myself.
>>
>>29836041
om the cliff near the yellow meadow
>>
>>29836885
bless
>>
>>29835893
usually i go with the male protag with the canon name, or self insert for the games with customization
i picked dawn and rosa over lucas and nate tho
>>
I look at them and name them something I think is appropriate. I never use my real name. I named the male Moon protag "Cadin".
>>
>>29836051
Elio and Selene
>>
>>29835893
i always name the protag after myself.
>>
When I play as the boy, I just use my name

When I play as the girl, I have a handful of different aliases of some sort, several alterations of my name that would fit a girl for example
>>
>>29835893
I always name the pc after something related to/in the game title (Ruby, Noir, Luna, etc)
>>
>>29835893
I name him after myself, and if there is customization I make him look like I do. That's the point, no?
>>
>>29835893
I like to use the default names (either Pokespe or game names) most of the time. In XY I selfinserted because of customization. In SM I'll be playing male because I want to dress up a guy this time.
>>
Always was called Harry, but since ORAS it's been Lux after Luxray and my YT
>>
I usually just put in my own name.
At least on "my" adventure through the game. Later playthroughs and romhacks I make up a name
>>
I dont even know. I just pick a boy and make whatever looks cool on it. Girl is the same
>>
>Old game

Canon protagonist name

>New game

My name because of online.
>>
>>29835893
I usually self insert, but since I'm a guy and I'll be playing Sun as Chicken, I'm gonna have to come up with a new name.
I was thinking of naming my MC 'Caitlin'.
Or Vivian.
I dunno.
>>
>>29836236
>I only train Pokémon with my name in the OT
That's a little autistic, Anon, not gonna lie
>>
File: 1410650124027.jpg (66KB, 456x556px) Image search: [Google]
1410650124027.jpg
66KB, 456x556px
I always name the characters by their canon names because when I see that character I just don't see them as a "Sam" or a "John", I see them as their real name.

For Sun and Moon, I'm naming my character Elio because it's the closest thing we got to a canon name.
>>
>>29835893
I've never been much of a one for self-insertion, but this Gen going back to explicit preteens makes it pretty much impossible. So as usual I'll go for the official or most popular fanon name.
>>
>>29837006
>Elio and Selene
Where did these come from?
>>
>>29839049
From the trailers.

It makes sense because H[elio]s = god of the sun and Selene = god of the moon
>>
I use my in-games name for all, so pokemon isn't the exception, Bijoh all day long (This come with Mist of Pandaria launch, I want to play a monk and start to looking for something fitting, before was Okereke).
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.