[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try surfing or fishing or grass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4951.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4951.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Should I try surfing or fishing or grass?
>>
Wait how can you catch Oshawott at all?? Does this game have ALL the pokemon????
>>
>>29827078
Go with surfing and grass. Are these QR event Pokemon rare anyways?
>>
>>29827771
Even after peoples explained it to me I still don't understand how it works.
What is an "Island scan" ?
>>
>>29827078
What. I thought Sun/Moon didn't have any National Dex pokémon avaliable.
>>
>>29827818
Only the entries are unavailable
>>
>>29827818
Oh, it's a QR code thing. never mind.
>>
>>29827800
You can scan 10 QR codes per day

Each code gives you 'points' once you scan the 10 codes you will have enough points to do an Island scan

Once you scan the island you're on a pokemon non-native to Alola will appear in a random place for an hour
>>
>>29827818
>>29827800
>>29827743
pokemongohub.net/pokemon-sun-moon-qr-codes/
>>
>>29827800
i hate this board
>>
>>29827835
Can you still hear their cries and see their animations?
>>
>>29827835
Well that makes no sense.
Or are the National Dex Pokémon avaliable only through QR Code scanning?
If so that's ok, but if they're found in swarms or other similar mechanic in the post game, having no National Dex is even more retarded than it already was.
>>
>>29827856
I finally understood how it works ! Thanks based anon !
>>
>>29827078
Walk in the grass, I got mine that way.

>>29827743
No, only a few, around 20 or so pokes. Samurott, Emboar and Serperior are the only evolved starters you can get with the QR scan. You can also get the gen 2 starters(Chik/Toto/Cyndi).

>>29827800
Summed up, you get 10 scans which refresh after 2 hours(only one per 2).

With these scans you scan QR codes that people get by opening their pokedex and scanning them, it gets auto added to your dex if you haven't encountered them and gives you 10 points toward and island scan. At 100 points(10 scans) you can do an "island" scan. This means depending on the island you're on, it generates 1 poke from a list of 20. So in the OP's case he got Samurott on Poni Island, now he can walk in the grass and encounter it, catch it, and keep it. These are not randomly generated, so you can soft reset if you save just before using it to see what you can get without wasting it. I.E. you can save, scan, got a shit poke generated? Go to a different island and get a new one generated.
>>
>>29827878
because you don't understand the island scan concept. Think of it as an event Pokemon that stays there for merely an hour, afterwards you can check the specific location as much as you want and the same rare Pokemon won't appear again, unless you get it again per island scan. These Pokemon differ every day though, and every island has different Pokemon available.
>>
>>29827883
Is it know if those island scan pokémon come with HAs? How do you even obtain mons with HA this gen?
>>
>>29827953
No, I'm pretty sure it is confirmed they don't come with HAs but don't quote me on that later on. The only way I know we can get HAs this gen is by abusing the ally summon mechanic, forcing pokemon to summon allies. When you chain high enough(anon yesterday made a thread on it) there's a chance for it to have higher IVs and an HA. Example shown by the anon was a skarmory which was on ally # 60 with the weak armor ability.
>>
>>29827972
What about Poképelago?
>>
>>29827987
Not a clue friend. So far in the pokelago I've gotten a Spearrow and a Trevenant to show up(think later today they'll be catchable/added?).
>>
File: 1478274319426.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478274319426.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>Get Luxio on island scan
>Find it
>Realise I have no quickballs
>Run
>Island scan has expired
>>
>>29827919
Yes, I understand that. That's why I said if the only National Dex avaliable are through the Island Scan, it makes sense you don't need a National Dex.

I was saying if there are National Dex Pokémon avaliable normally in the game, then the National Dex removal gets even more stupid.
>>
>>29827972
That's cool, I didn't know you could force it to call several allies. I thought they called only one each battle. This means you can EV train and search for a HA at the same time, then?
>>
>>29827972
Is there any Pokémon who calls for help other than totem?
>>
>>29828047
Yeah as far as I know this is the quickest way to EV train. The lower the HP of the pokemon, the higher the chance for it to call an ally each turn. On the same coin, there's also an item called the Adrenline Orb(give pokemon to hold) which you can buy for 300 which boosts the chances of them calling allies, though after the battle it is consumed.

>>29828085
As far as I can tell, EVERY pokemon can do that aside from legendaries.
>>
>>29828095
>As far as I can tell, EVERY pokemon
And how likely is it for them to actually do so?
>>
>>29828148
I don't know exactly. Pretty likely under the right circumstance?
>>
>>29827972
Oh, so this is the only way to get HAs? That seems tedious as fuck but it's not very different compared to the Pokeradar, I guess. So this means that starters HAs are locked behind an event of sorts.
>>
>>29828170
Yeah, incredibly tedious. Breeding also seems tedious, and it used to be my main shtick. They removed a lot of features which made things easier.
>>
>>29827078
Lol just wait for a different Pokemon, Samurott is shit.
>>
File: 1478058511133.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478058511133.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>29828210
>not catching them all
>>
>>29828095
>As far as I can tell, EVERY pokemon
What about those island QR pokémon?
>>
>>29828258
Probably shouldn't have said every pokemon, the island scan pokemon do not as far as I know.
>>
>>29828210
I don't really care, I just want an Oshawott
>>
>>29827856
Thank you for actually explaining it in a coherent manner.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs
>>
>>29828210
>Samurott is shit

Samurott is a great in-game mon for normal story mode play-through.
>>
>>29827883
This sounds like what happens in modern digimon games
>>
>>29827078
Why do you ask? Did you take a trip to California? Because I'd try all three.
>>
How far into the game do you have to be to start scanning?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.