[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why I think Gen 8 will come in 2018

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: HPUJrL5.png (359KB, 743x411px) Image search: [Google]
HPUJrL5.png
359KB, 743x411px
First and fore most: there are only 2 mythicals this gen and as we know mythicals are used for movies promotion and movie distribution.
We have Magearna and Marshadow.
Magearna was already used for gen 7 promo this summer (qr code is already avaible)
Marshadow is for next summer
And thats it the dont have anything more

Well TECHNICALLY there's one more mon: Eternal Floette with the most powerful Fairy move Light Of Ruin. Yes AZ Floette is in SM aswell although i doubt it it will be used in SM because why would they since there's no AZ or anything

I can see another gen 7 game next year with some new forme for Marshadow and gen 8 in 2018

Question what game though? GF said they want to surprise people and Eclipse/SM2 is way too obvious since tons of people talk about it already (plus SM has less loose ends than gen 6 and even 5). Kanto re-remkes wouldnt make sense a year after the 20th annivesary and Sinnoh remakes seem to early
>>
>>29823209

>Gen8 on switch.
>SM was a side-project to buy time
>Masuda returns as director. Scraps refresh, customisation, pokeride, and Z-moves.
>Megas stay gone.
>70 new pokemon
>Somehow manages less content overall compared to SM despite a larger budget and more dev time.
>>
>>29823285
probably what will happen.
>>
>>29823285
>XY was their first game on 3Ds so it's OK if it's shit
> ORAS was a remake of RS so it's OK if it's shit
> SuMo was a side project to buy time so it's OK if it's shit
> G8 will be their first game on Switch so it will be OK if it turns out to be shit

Kek
>>
>>29823209
There will never be an 8th gen because "It's all finished when 7 become 1"
>>
>>29823209
Next games are Sinnoh Sequels, and they can just change up gyms and add totems or something since it'll be a sequel to sun and moon as well
>>
>>29823209
And you had to make 2 threads why?
>>
>>29823467
This is how we rationalize here. Don't poke fun at us guise
>>
>>29823718
Nah they wont change thee original too much

Besides its too early for another remake

I think SM2 or some crossover with XY
>>
>>29823209
Honestly, I think it'll be DP then gen 8
>>
>>29824871
I highly doubt we'll get DP remakes this Gen, it's too soon after ORAS and it seems like they want Gens to be shorter from now on so we'll reach the point where games are being remade less than 8 years after they came out if we get a remake each Gen. I think we're going to get two Gens per console from here on out with only the first Gen getting remakes.
>>
Thing is SM story is done and there's not many unfinished things

What would they do for SM2? They already revealed Necrosma in CoroCoro and already are hinting at its relationship with Solgaleo and Lunala. As far as i remember they tried to avoid talking about Kyurem and Zygarde for a long time
>>
>>29824960
This. Gen VII will be short.
>>
I think they could do a Kanto revisit following Lillie as the SM sequel. Two birds one stone.
>>
>>29823285
>>Masuda returns as director. Scraps refresh, customisation, pokeride, and Z-moves.
Customisation is the only one I would mourn
>>
>>29823209
can i have magearna's qr code?
>>
X sun, Y moon
Pay me GF.
>>
>>29824920
>too soon after ORAS
nah, we'll have one dry year, then DP, then another dry year, then gen 8
>>
>>29823285
Switch is confirmed to have Poke game on start - So it means March.
>>
>>29825997
Switch Pokemon game was never confirmed as a launch title, where are you getting your info from?
>>
>>29825624
But if they wanted a Kanto revisit 2016 was their year

Besides there's no point with RB having VC conection with SM
>>
>>29825938
That would make sense but...
>>
You forgot Ash-Pikachu and Mew's Z-Move.
>>
>>29828921
They're hardly movie-worthy

Ash Pikachu is probably some anime 20th anivesary shit (anime isnt just movies) while Mew z-move will be probably some minor stuff
>>
>>29823285
New dex:
9 starters (incl. evos)
5 commons (2 stage rat thing + 3 stage hummingbird that evolves into an ostrich)
2 pikaclones (electric rat + non electric pikachu fan)
3 bugs (worm-cocoon-flying)
1 normal type gimmickmon
3 pseudo legendary dragon line
9 3-stage mons (3 lines)
16 2-stage mons (8 lines)
5 single stage mons
20 legendaries
2 eventmons
>>
>>29829318
>I CAN DREAM, HAROLD
>>
Wasn't there a rumor about Game Freak working on Pokemon game for Switch that will come out about 6 month after console release? Of course I could be misremembering and it's not GF's game and something like another version of Pokken.

Anyway, I think 2017 could be filler DP remakes (Nintendo will NEED a big game for 3DS to soften the blow from possible bad Switch sales) and either 2018 or 2019 will get Gen 8.
>>
Gen 8
Pokemon this and Pokemon that

001 grass animal
002 bigger grass animal
003 very big grass animal
004 fire animal
005 bigger fire animal
006 big bipedal fire animal
007 water animal
008 bigger water animal
009 very big water animal
010 mammal
011 big mammal
012 bird
013 big bird
015 entire different specie of bird
016 caterpillar
017 coccoon
018 bug
019 electric rodent
020 dragon
021 dragon
022 dragon
023 Box legend 1
024 Box legend 2
025 event waifu
026 le edgy third trio legend
027 event chibi

20 old mons recolors/fusion/reburst synchro/mega/new gimmick.
>>
>>29823209
naw it's probably like

movie for main legends
movie for marshadow
movie for ultra beasts/necrozma
movie for something already out and something from gen 8

the first one would be out in 2017 so that could get us to gen 8 in 2020/2021
>>
>>29829967
Nope thats not how they handle the movies

Next one most likely will be Solgaleo+Lunala and Marshadow then 2018 will be Necrosma and gen 8 mon
>>
>>29830182
either way that's 3 years
your prediction doesn't mean anything
what makes you think there wont be an ultra beast movie?
what makes you sure that there couldn't be multiple?

there's going to be at least 3 movies so chill
>>
>>29830249
Becauseeach movie gets a mythical. Gen 7 has only two mythicals, one was Magearna

Only Marshadow is left
>>
>>29829967
No, they nonsensically throw legendaries together in each movie to cut it down. Diancie appeared in the movies with Xerneas and Yveltal even though it has no relation to them. Same with Hoopa and the ORAS legendaries and Magearna and Volcanion.

It'll probably be one movie about Solgaleo/Lunala and the UBs and another movie about Marshadow and some Pokemon from gen 8
>>
>>29829757
it'll be an incompatible side-game like Trozei or the detective series
>>
>>29824960
Can you even catch necrosma in the game?
>>
>>29830596
yep
>>
>>29830645
when/where? I already did ultra beast subplot
>>
>>29830692
It seems its random but people catched him, there were several screnshots on this board
>>
>>29823285
not even close to what will happen
>Gen8 on switch.
>SM was a side-project to buy time
>Masuda returns as director. Scraps refresh, customisation, and pokeride as well as every alternative way of EV & IV manipulation, and removes easy breeding items so its just like the super successful gen 4.
>no new Megas or Z-moves both are only available as expensive BP shop items.
>battle facility is a gen 2 battle tower rip
>battle royal removed triple and rotation remain gone.
>new gimmicky unenjoyable battle mode added.
>50 new pokemon Including 10 legendary pokemon, and 10 regional variations that are poorly designed and unnecessary, and a pointless random past starter upgrade and 3 pikachu reskins
>all unusable even in VGC
>trainers only have 2 pokemon gym leaders and E4 included, champion has 3 all severely under leveled
>only 6 gyms
>maximum gen 1 pandering
>Evil team aren't evil just misunderstood levels of writing
>zero post game outside of tedious grind facility
>Adopts Sakurai level of arrogance
>>
>>29831716
10/10 would buy 10
>>
>>29829967

The last three gens movies were about mythicals mixed with some other legendary of the same generation.

So we can expect the same for now. Probably a Solgaleo/Lunala + Necrosma movie and then the Marshadow one. Maybe even tied already with a gen 8 mon.
>>
2016- Sun and Moon
2017- Nothing
2018- Diamond and Pearl Remakes
2019- Gen 8
>>
>>29823209
Unsure about this. Why? Because you have Solgaleo & Lunala, Necrozma and Marshadow that you can distribute to three different movies, which happened with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion in X/Y. Remember that 3DS announcement and 3DS game announcement for Pokémon had years between them, and I believe we will at least get to see a DP remake next year, just like ORAS to XY.
>>
>>29832727
What?

No

Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrosma arent mythicals

Only Marshadow is
>>
>>29832727
Even though they're far more "modern" games, I can definitely see D/P remakes happening now with all the parallel universe shit in S/M.

>>29832803
They don't have to be mythicals to get movies made about them.
>>
>>29832821
Every movie since Jirachi has a mythical
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.