[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 7 is gonna be short as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

You can usually tell how long a gen is going to be by how many mythical Pokemon it has.

Gen 1 (1996): 1 Mythical (Mew)
Gen 2 (1999): 1 Mythical (Celebi)
Gen 3 (2002): 2 Mythicals (Jirachi and Deoxys)
Gen 4 (2006): 4 Mythicals (Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus)
Gen 5 (2010): 4 Mythicals (Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect)
Gen 6 (2013): 3 Mythicals (Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion)
Gen 7 (2016): 2 Mythicals (Magearna and Marshadow)

There's only two Mythicals this gen, and one of them already shared its movie with Volcanion earlier this year. That just leaves a movie for Marshadow next year.
>>
You forgot about the anime getting a special 20th anniversary movie next year where they give out Ash Pikachu.
>>
>>29823215
i'm sure this will be just for japan, gf motherfucker
>>
>>29823191
>implying UBs won't get separate movies
>>
>>29823215
How the fuck would they even do a 20th Anniversary movie?

Retell the Kanto arc?
>>
>>29823191
They are litterally all three years apart except Gen 4
>>
>>29823272
Are you serious

It's not just the 20th Anniversary of Red and Blue. It's the 20th Anniversary of Pokemon. Why the fuck would it just be Kanto?
>>
>>29823191
>You can usually tell how long a gen is going to be by how many mythical Pokemon it has.
There's no correlation between them at all judging by the list you posted
>>
>>29823191
>the longest gen had 2 mythicals
>the second longest gen had 4 mythicals
this doesn't tell us shit
>>
>>29823319
Because muh genwunner pandering.
>>
>>29823191
They could do a movie about Necrozma to buy time. A movie on Magearna was already done and they could do a retcon of Kanto where the Ultra Beasts attack that takes place a bit before Ash sets out for Alola.
>>
>>29823319
Because the story of how Ash and Pikachu first met triggers memories and they could have some story changes that stick to the game's lore.

Like when Bill dressed as a Pokemon and was stuck in the costume rather than accidentally transforming into one.
>>
>>29823191
But there's at least a Solgaleo/Lunala movie, Tapu movie, UB movie and a Necrosma movie.
>>
>>29823319
That's literally what they're doing with Sun & Moon. It's not the "20th Anniversary of Pokémon" games, it's the "20th Anniversary of Generation 1" games.
>>
>>29823191
>A movie featuring the Tapus, Solgaleo & Lunala and the Ultra Beasts.

>A movie featuring Marshadow and Necrozma.

>A movie featuring whatever shit happens in DPPt remakes with Arceus that connects to SM.

Basically the DPPt Trilogy all over again is what I expect.
>>
>>29823319
Most people don't know who red is, can't name a lot of later gen pokemon, and couldn't associate Serena with pokemon if they saw her.

Ash, Brock, and Misty are who they care about. To the general population the original series was good and everything after lost sight of,,, whatever they think was there.
I never liked the pokemon anime, but its not hard to see why smart marketing would be to leap back to the oldest episodes
>>
>>29823410
>That's literally what they're doing with Sun & Moon. It's not the "20th Anniversary of Pokémon" games, it's the "20th Anniversary of Generation 1" games.
this quote needs to spread everywhere.
>>
>>29823191
Full 3D yellow remake for Switch?
>>
>>29823987
It already is, retard

what do you think the entire community has been complaining about
>>
>>29823191
I predict:

Solgaleo/Lunala movie

Silvally vs UBs movie

Marshadow movie

New Gen 8 mon vs Necrozma movie
>>
>>29825181
>240 for 4 years
Nah. Also, the box legends always share movies with the mythicals
>>
>>29825218
Reshiram/Zekrom movie
>>
>>29825279
Victini
>>
They will do Pokemon Eclipse then leave Gen 8 + Sinnoh remakes for the 4DS
>>
>>29825298
Oh i actually forgot, nevermind.
>>
>>29823191
Necrozma will get a movie.
>>
>>29823986
I'm not the kind of person to go on and on about how the original series was the best, but I wouldn't blame someone for thinking the series lost it's heart after Takeshi Shudō left.
>>
>>29825440
I'm not a genwunner, and I personally think this.
>>
>>29823191
OP, did you even look at what you wrote? This is no correlation between the number of mythicals and how long a generation lasts.
>>
>>29823191
Is one of the UBs a mythical or did I read that part wrong from somewhere?
>>
>>29823298

Gen 3 was near four years (3 years, 10 months)

Gen 1 also (3 years 9 months).
>>
>>29823324
/thread
>>
>>29825322
You mean the Switch?
>>
>>29823191
Keep in mind we are guaranteed to be getting a movie for Silvally and the UBs.

Plus, the Ultra Beasts count as legendaries, just with a different name.
>>
>>29823383
Tapu will most likely just be in the main anime and perhaps a minor role in one of the other movies
>>
>>29823191
Or maybe it will be short because Nintendo's new console is coming out in 9months and it'd be pointless to make any more games for the 3DS?

fukin patternfags i swear..
>>
>>29823191
who said they would not do movies with the box art mons or UB's?
>>
>>29827405
OP said it

Read the post
>>
>>29825651
People thought Necrozma was because no one could find it at first. Turns out it's the new Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zycuck.
>>
>>29823191
UBs will get a movie

But I hope you're right. Let's move to a new console with more power that can fix most of the stupid stuff in this game, like the horrible scalling on some Pokemon, and give it a visual overhaul

That and because I love pre release hype and starter Pokemon
>>
>>29823191
Gen 1 (1996): 1 Mythical
>3 year gap
Gen 2 (1999): 1 Mythical
>3 year gap
Gen 3 (2002): 2 Mythicals
>4 year gap
Gen 4 (2006): 4 Mythicals
>4 year gap
Gen 5 (2010): 4 Mythicals
>3 year gap
Gen 6 (2013): 3 Mythicals
>3 year gap
Gen 7 (2016): 2 Mythicals

>m-muh patte-wait. No, no pattern, OP is just fucking retarded.
>>
What is the next movie about anyways? Or dont we know anything yet

Anyways, first movie about SM is guaranteed to be about Solgaleo and Lunala like always, Magearna has been used with Volcanion so they might add Marshadow or maybe one of the UBs like Nihilego or Guzzlord

Other movie about the rest of the UBs with Guzzlord as the "final boss" if is not used in the first movie

And finally a last movie with Necrozma and Marshadow, they could pull a Gen 4 and add Solgaleo and Lunala in the movies too since Necrozma is connected to those two
>>
>>29827633
That is assume the Ultra Beasts don't appear in the show as part of the Aether plot.

This could easily be a One Piece movie 6 or GX scenario where things starts off incredibly soft and harmless and slowly gets more fucked up as we go on. And both BW and SM did some legendary plots as part of the show. Genies and Zygarde respectively.
>>
20th anniversary will definitely include Ultra Beasts. I expect that they'll have every previous legendary return similar to the Hoopa movie. I expect it'll probably be split like the Black & White movie.

> One movie where its night time and you have the Moon legendary.
> The other where its day with the Sun legendary.

The twist being that the two movies have a crossover at the end where they merge and the Sun & Moon legendaries work together along with Arceus and the rest of the legendary Pokémon to defeat the Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>29828944
As a side note, Cosmog would be the main focus of the first half of the movie. Similar to Keldeo, it has to learn to be strong and it'd evolve in the last 30 minutes of the movie to help out with the other legendaries as they battle the beasts. The final 15 minutes would be the massive crossover with the Sun & Moon legendaries along with previous legendaries defeating the Ultra Beasts.
>>
File: nice.jpg (14KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
14KB, 320x272px
20th anniversary is a reboot movie
>>
File: 1463440685026.jpg (34KB, 532x414px) Image search: [Google]
1463440685026.jpg
34KB, 532x414px
>>29823191
Marshadow looks familiar in that picture....

OH SHIT
>>
File: 1463895320090.png (175KB, 752x729px) Image search: [Google]
1463895320090.png
175KB, 752x729px
>>29829112
Those were decent days.
I miss giant clown seal, I didn't want ballerina seal.
>>
>>29829047
>It will never be a movie set in Kanto where the Ultra Beasts attack and Ash reunites with the old team + the Indigo Leaders (Kanto+Johto) to stand as one against them
>>
>>29830651
I also want this board to be free of mouthbreathers, but we can't always get what we want.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.