[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 16

what went horribly wrong?
>>
Your Mom and Dad meeting and conceiving you OP
>>
Deliberate removal of features players have grown to depend on, like the national dex, means of getting HAs and hordes.
>>
>>29823063
You get HAs through chaining called mons now

you can EV train with one of the shops in the Festival Plaza and one of the Poke Pelago islands

no one actually depended on the national dex and you can use Bank for it anyways
>>
>>29823063
Global Link isn't up yet, I believe we're getting Dream World 2.0 this time for HAs.
Also we got Join Avenue 2.0 too, maybe that stuff will have an easy way to EV mons.

A real complaint is the breeding route instead, it's too small.
>>
no postgame. no speed
>>
>>29823176
>Expecting a whole entire game as post game

There is post game you inbred fuck
>>
>>29823036
Victory Road has no trainers again.
>>
>>29823283
Seriously?

What the fuck
>>
Reduced customization.
>>
>>29823036
> slowest gen
> boys get customization cucked yet again
> only good starter is rupauls drag mermaid
> desueye and cenaroar have garbage stat investments
> all this genwunfag pandering
> champions theme is literally just the opening menu from rby
> 11 exclusive z moves and two are pikachus
> they hype alolamons and the only one with a decent stat buff is ninetails (+9 speed)
>>
>>29823036
Alola forms.
>>
too many fucking cutscenes holy shit this is a video game not a movie
>>
>>29823283
Again?
>>
>>29823503
thats it? sounds pretty good then
>>
>>29823638
GSCHGSS did the same thing. However, as you approach the end you fight Silver, and in SM's one you fight Hau shortly after exiting.
>>
Removal of trainer encounter themes.

Fuck that
>>
>>29823036
Developed by Game Freak.
>>
Yet another primary pair in a new generation where move tutors are removed.

By the way, can regular NPC trainers be rematched? I got rather ticked when they ditched the VS Seeker for Gens V and VI, although thankfully ORAS kept the Trainer's Eye.
>>
>>29824149
Are they removed? There's a thread in the archive somewhere with text from the datamine that made it sound like Pikachu can learn Volt Tackle through move tutors atleast.
>>
Curious, asides Tabus, UBs, extra Cosmog and battle tree is there any other postgame?
>>
>>29823724
You fight Gladion right as you enter as well.
>>
File: 1478720905502.png (236KB, 1904x708px) Image search: [Google]
1478720905502.png
236KB, 1904x708px
>>29824175
Defending your champion title.
>>
>>29823503

Talk shit about alolan forms again. I dare you.
>>
>>29824173
Outside of the usual Pledge, elemental Hyper Beams, Draco Meteor, mythical signature moves that alter formes and several other ones, yeah they're gone. Sorry if I caused any misunderstanding, basically it's the tutor pools from PtHGSS, B2W2 and ORAS that are kaput again.
>>
they cucked zygarde, its just a petty side quest and you cant even keep the complete form

fuck you game freak

old farts out of touch
>>
>>29823036
S/M are nothing but "meta fixes" and some hastily made ones as well. Egomericans won a '7th gen", but was it really time?
>>
>>29824557
Why did they put all of Zygarde's Complete Forme boost into HP? Couldn't they have just made it so that Power Construct boosted its HP a little, gave it a hefty restore upon activation and spread the rest of the boost into the offenses and defences?
>>
>>29823102
>A real complaint is the breeding route instead, it's too small.

Please explain: there IS actually an hatching route? Like a circular path where I can just put a penny under the cirlce pad and auto-run?
>>
Well everyone was expecting for 2nd region to visit cuz its 3.2GB and i was like maybe they added more features and graphical changes thats why we got 3.2GB well guess AGAIN CUZ WE GOT 3.2GB CUZ OF THE FREAKING CUTSCENES
>>
>>29823276
>Not knowing to read and pulling shit out of your ass

Kill yourself you autistic retard
>>
>>29823283
Drayano's gonna make every damn encounter in that place a totem.
>>
What exactly is the Battle Tree? Is it like the Battle Maison where I can fight for the 50-streak wins again?
>>
>>29825457

Yeah it's the maison, but with extra 9 older NPC who can appear in there besides the normal story relevant characters like in XY/ORAS.

So the main point in this is still battling and collecting BP for items.
>>
>>29825457
Similar. Every 10 rounds, you fight an Alolan trainer like Guzma, Mallow, and Kiawe. Every 20, you fight one of the 9 legend trainers. You can spend bp to have npc's fight along side you with two mons from the team they used against you as well as for items. Npcs can use Megas and Z. After 50 battles, you can get a new pose for when your trainer throws their pokeballs. First time you reach 50, you get a stamp on your trainer card.
>>
>>29824611
they should just had made the perfect forme its own forme and not a zen mode gimmick, essentially it got no ability and should just had kept aura break with additional buffs that counter more fairy and dark types and not solely just xerneas or yveltal

but fuck no game freak wanted to make it shit and please casual scrubs with a fancy animation and shit stat distributions
>>
>>29825520
Oh okay thanks.
>>
>>29825432
Drayano needs to be hired by Game Freak, because every hack he makes is so based.
>>
>>29825580
Oh great, it costs BP to scout trainers?
>>
>>29823503
>your opinion though

I have heard many great things about this game on this board, mostly about difficulty and the totems being abit harder than gyms.
>>
>>29823036
>another gen with almost to non new pokemon
>focusing on their bad gimmicks (UBs) instead of the good ones (alolan forms)
>alolan forms numbers and lots of joke ideas
>UBs composing more than 10% of the dex
>nerfing the speed of almost a whole gen without nerfing the speed of other gens to compare, rendering almost all of them useless
>letting UBs outshine normal mons completely stat wise
>renaming gyms island challenges and giving us fewer of them
>story is mostly by the numbers
>yet another mostly barren postgame
These are overall my biggest gripes with it, Z-moves are the only gimmick they introduced this gen that i somewhat liked.
>>
>>29825621
Don't forget cucking the fuck out of Zygarde.

Masuda: "Zygarde gonna appear in SM in a interesting way"

Zygarde is 100% a shitty gimmick 'mon and that wouldn't had been the case if the 100% forme was permanent and not summoned by a shit tier ability

Also, they hyped the shit out of it and it turns out to be not only a shit gimmick, but also mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>29823036
Trying to rebalance speed as a stat without actually redoing the speed stat of all mons of the past 6 generations

Completely idiotic
>>
>>29825694
Why do people talk if they know nothing?

Zygarde 100% is permanent, once you have every cell. Stop complaining
>>
>>29825721
Source?
>>
>>29825697
Will come in coming generations. The Alola Dex is pretty balanced in terms of speed. Only these will be available in VGC (bar UBs, legendaries, event).
In game if you want to battle online you can limit available Pokemon to Alola dex, which I guess most people will do for a while.
Everything else will be on you then.
>>
>>29825721
legit pictures and such would be great, if this is true then I can accept how Zygarde turned out, just as long as the perfect forme is permanent
>>
>>29825765
that's only vgc 2017
2018 will have all old mons and then no one will use these alolan turtles anymore
>>
>>29825759
playing the game is my source.
You can select which form you want it to be in. I chose 10% because I prefer the dog.
>>
>>29825782
upload a pic of the perfect forme here, then ill believe you also it has to be in the party and not mid-battle then you got solid evidence
>>
>>29824744
Yes. Fuck Cutscenes. There are way too many of them. Fuck those. Slowing down your game while pressing A constantly is not cool, GF!
>>
>>29825779
speculation.

Even if, they could be nerfed by then or Pokemon switched to the "Switch" changing the complete way to play the meta game online, as well.
>>
>>29825815
I hope you're right.
I just don't want them to now only make slow mons in the future yet leave all the old ones untouched, it would be ridiculous
>>
File: 1274377344158.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1274377344158.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>29825697
>mfw the games gets patched on the same day as pokebank is opened for SM
>everything from old gens gets a speed nerf, some new post game stuff is added, move tutors and some more z-moves
>>
>>29825827
What about the Ash Greninja?
It didn't have its speed nerfed at all and is already in the game, right?
Doesn't seem like they would later on nerf Greninja's speed then
>>
>>29825852
It changes nature when you transfer it from the demo to the full game
>>
>>29825827
>everything from old gens gets a speed nerf
I was actually thinking that they might do that.
>>
>>29825862
Okay, and?
It keeps the speed Greninja always had, though.
>>
hey, I started playing sun yesterday. it was 1am, game was fucking day time!!!!! there's even a cutscene where it says "the following morning" and duh, it is the sunrise.

I thought this motherfucking games weren't "sun always day" and "moon always night".

what the fuck happened?!
>>
>>29825892
Eventually time becomes normal.
>>
>>29825903
dafuq?
>>
>>29825827
Stop dreaming.
>>
>>29825892
Got the same. Moon is always night for me. Don't know why tho.
>>
>>29825916
It happens before your first trial, even.
>>
>>29825890
And that's it, if you get a Bold natured one or anything that boosts its defenses then it'll be worse than the one from the demo lol

Though, it was just a screenshot I saw 1-2 days ago and I'm really hoping its true, really wanna use Ash-Grenigger gonna be so fun
>>
>>29825782
m8 we need proof of this show us all
>>
>>29825827
>>29825879
>>29825922
It's honestly the only way they can justify this gen speed.
>>
>>29823056
FPBP
>>
>>29825922
I don't expect this to happen, even if that wold be the logical thing to do.
GF will never embrace patches/DLC.
>>
Why the fuck is this game so shit? There's only like 7 Pokemon total with decent size, design, and stats but everything els is complete trash while disregarding UB's.

Even some of the old features from all the other games were taken out. Literally any other anon can make a decent game that doesn't go out of it's way to displease not only the fandom but the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>29825968
i haven't played past getting my starter and beating the weak-ass rival. are you telling me at some point after this "morning event" (i saved right before the first kid trainer last night) ,somehow the game syncs with your system clock? why tho? why not make the game work from the start with the clock? I want to trust you, but I'm pretty much expecting this to still be day time the whole playthru now.

plus: i'm on an o3ds and the fucking black screen after each battle lasts 5 seconds. this is pure unadultered shit.
>>
i used to be really huge into pokemon and I was hoping this would be the first 3ds game to grab my attention but idk.
Before, Up until BW2, whenver I got a Pokemon game I would go crazy in it, playing it non stop until i did everything in the game I could and then I'd play some competitve.
But they feel so boring now. Idk if I've gotten older, my tastes have changed or if the games feel worse. Moon so far feels so handholdy and boring. Pokemon always had slow starts but this is just annoying. And I'm told the handholding never stops in this one.
>>
>>29823036
removing triple and rotation and pretending like multi battles are something new and exciting
>>
>>29823036

>you have to play as a kid again
>most of Alolan forms are pointless
>too much shitmons
>>
>>29823036
>what went horribly wrong?
people started judging games they haven't played because being cynical is cool
>>
>>29826267
I dont have a hacked 3DS so Im out of the loop...Is the game really that bad? Worse or better than X/Y? I could not stand the amount of forced interaction in X/Y, or the forced friendship. The one thing I enjoyed was the slightly more involved role of the professor.
>>
You and everyone that bitches at everything new
>>
>>29826415
>>29826431
This
>>
>>29826427
The game is good, it's just /vp/ being /vp/.
There are long cutscenes at the beginning and again after the third island, though.
But the character are good so it'S fine.
>>
>>29826427
I'm not the best to ask, only played for 1-2 hours but its worse than X/Y handholding so far. I just wanna do my own thing, explore and have fun. But its so fucking linear.
>>
>>29826427
It's not bad, not the best in the series but easily better than both XY and ORAS. I'm at the E4 atm.

I realize the hypocrisy in saying this but don't take /vp/ word for whether it's good or not just yet, because most of the mouthbreathers spewing their opinions here haven't even played it and are basing everything on second hand (mis)information and >muh low base speed.
>>
>>29826427
Sun/Moon has a lot more cutscenes, the characters are always around the player. The story is better and less obnoxious, and the characters are a lot better, but being taken out of gameplay constantly gets annoying.

>>29826415
>>29826431
A lot of people have played the games by now, I'm not going to say I agree with all of the criticism in this thread but dismissing it because "people hate new things" doesn't cut it
>>
> adults expecting the games not to be for kids anymore
>angry because they're not kids anymore
>>
-Looks like old style RPG.
-Horrible animation.
-Too much cutscenes.
-They fucked up the Super Training.
-Hyper Training is shit.
-Ultra Beasts is Ultra Shit. Digimon tier trash.
-It's a bad game overall.
>>
>>29825613
but this board is full of man children who collectively thought Super mystery dungeon was the best incarnate when it was just downright shit trash.

Thats why i take everything with a grain of salt now when it comes to reviews from this board since they take GF's cuck happily down their throats.
>>
>>29826497
it does cut when most of the people hating it are simply bandwagoning on shit they read elsewhere and conveniently can't prove that they've played the game when asked to.

there is very obviously a certain few people who are trying to force a "SM is shit/what went wrong" mindset onto /vp/ by constantly making the same threads. most of the strawpolls posted show that the majority of /vp/ are actually positive and excited for it.

if the general consensus is "it's shit" after it has come out you can come back and tell me to eat my words, but at the moment the vast majority of it is mere shitposting.
>>
can someone please fucking comment on wether or not the day time is fixed in sun? I can't play until night today and it's driving me crazy.

also comment on whether or not the game has terrible load times after each battle on a NEW 3ds or if it's optimized.
>>
>>29826658
Yes it is fixed in sun and it is reversed in moon.
The game runs fine on n3ds. Terrible lag only occurs everywhere else.
>>
>>29823503
Naw Rowlet's stats are really good, you are just and autistic tool
>>
>>29826658
good load times but shit frame rates in anything past singles
>>
>>29824207
What is this? Has no one reached this point of the game? Guess it is long huh.
>>
File: 1478716367473.png (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478716367473.png
78KB, 600x600px
>Beldum and Goble are in the game
>they're version exclusives
REEEEE
>>
>>29826908
Gible*
>>
>>29823503
Do boys really have shit customization again?
>>
>>29826926
Geeble*
>>
Incineroar doesn't learn sucker punch, fire punch or agility
>>
>cutscene
>pokemon center
>walk ten feet
>cutscene
>pokemon center
>ten trainers with one pokemon each
>pokemon center
>cutscene
>pokemon center
>>
>>29826908
>gible, gabite and garchomp are version exclusive
now i really hate sun and moon

they can't get away safely after making my boy version exclusive!
>>
>>29826908
>Zygarde is in the game

>Zygarde got a new ability

>The new ability is shit

>The new form is only available due to the ability's effect after taking over 50% damage

>Zygarde's new formes also got new stat distributions

>The new stat distributions suck, especially when the final forme only fucking gains 100 base more HP

>Basically lackluster stat distribution for a supposed trio master

>Zygarde essentially got NO ability

>Zygarde got cucked hard

Fucking game freak cant do shit right
>>
What about flying? Is it similar to soaring in ORAS? No one has talked about the ride mons in general. I'm curious about them
>>
>>29826495
It's bad. Get over it
>>
>>29825613
Totems aren't especially hard, you can avoid one of their summons by killing them first, they just get a free stat boost at the start.
And since they replaced actual gym trainers with three single wild encounters, the overall difficulty isn't any higher.
>>
>>29827107
its HM fly
>>
>>29827107
No flying between cities any more. The rocket boots take you between launch areas and Fly is just a TM.
>>
>>29827135
Get over yourself, just because some people aren't cocksucking compet fags doesn't mean the game is bad, it's a game meant for kids and you people are crying like little bitches "wehhhh muh speed wehhhh"

Half of this board has the same attitude as you and I hope all of your families rot with fucking cancer and their genes die, let people form their own opinion.
>>
>No National Dex; half the species of Pokemon have no Dex data whatsoever, the game doesn't tell you if you caught it or not.

>Game directed by guy who gave Rhydon an evolution that boosted its special attack, but decided Chimecho needed a preevo.
>>
>>29826470
It's about as linear as any other pokemon game, you can't progress further than they want you but before that is open season... are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>29827290
Its only open world for segments largest it gets during the main story is about as 'Open World' as the demo.
>>
>>29827247
Not everyone is satisfied with a children's game like you are. Some competitive people are annoying as fuck so I understand what you mean, but they are just trying to get more fun out of the games by competitive battling. Maybe you are able to blow your load over some cute graphics and finishing the game after 6 hours but others want a bit of stimulation before they can cum.
>>
>>29827212
Damn. So no cool ORAS tier flying graphics huh
>>
>>29823036
>No HMS
>No Gyms
>No good plot
>Evil team is complete shit
>Too many fucking cutscenes
>Its a shitty island instead of continental land like most regions
>Too many old pokemon there are more Kanto garbage than Alola mons
>Lillie Mary Sueness is Medaka Box tier
>Worst Elite Four ever
>Champion is complete shit
>Removed themes for trainer classes before you battle them
>Battles take 3 seconds to start
>Battles take too fucking long
>Trials are pointless miniquest
>Handholding to the next level
>A talking pokedex
>>
>>29827506
>No HMS
stopped reading right there
>>
Why are the cutscenes unskippable?
>>
>>29827506
>PS2 era RPG feel
>Level Design too generic
>Ultra Beasts (aka Digimons)
>Edgy as fuck
>>
>>29828112
PS2 era RPG feel doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.
>>
>>29828146
It is Pokémon, not generic RPG.
>>
>>29824744
>people who have no idea how video games work thought the larger filesize than XY/ORAS meant anything but more cutscenes and graphical effects

lmao
>>
>>29823036
Leaks
Not being a proper 20th anniversary game

That's it
>>
>>29823036
Speed
>>
>>29823036
Sinnohfoeti still haven't realized that gen 4 and 5 are inferior to gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>29825613
This board also worships Gen 5, thinks Hilda is one of the best Pokegirls, and will defend S&M even though it looks to be yet another hyped up disappointment this year.
>>
>>29828449
This board does not worship Gen. 5.
>>
>>29827506
>No HMs
>No Gyms

So basically, you're a whiny bitch who wants everything to always be the same?
>>
>>29828524
This must be your first time here because there are multiple threads a weak circlejerking about how BW/B2W2 are the magnum opus of the series.
>>
>>29828629
*week
>>
>>29823036
Not enough content that brings it up to par with games like HGSS and BW2
>>
>>29828629
That's because it's true :^)
>>
>>29828629
Because they are
>>
>>29828684
Except it is. There's a reason Gen 5 is the worst selling Gen despite being on the best selling handheld of all time. It's because they're not that good, and the only reason people on here say otherwise is because they are contrarians. You could probably find more people that like XY than the mediocrity that was gen 5.
>>
>>29828629
There are just as many people who hate Gen. 5 as there are that "worship" it on this board.
>>
>>29828713
I mean if you have shit taste than sure.
>>
>>29827710
Pokémon games have never had skippable cutscenes, GameFreak is behind several generations in terms of game development
>>
>>29823036
>ultra beasts
>no pokemon league
>>
>>29828752
Wrong.
>>
>>29827562

Well HMs does make the region feel more unlinear. Removing them completly wasn't the best idea fpr road blocks, route design etc.

Also less overoworld puzzles.
>>
>>29828756
>best story
>best Team
>arguably best music
>best trainer designs
>Pokemon has never been too difficult but Ghetsis is nuts if you're not prepared
>lots of new Pokemon while still mixing with old for good variety
>tons of content
>BW2 lets you fight every single champion and gym leader from previous gens with revamped music
>It has N

I dunno how people can hate these games.
>>
File: top_0080.png (136KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0080.png
136KB, 400x240px
>this is a gen7 strength puzzle
>>
>>29827393
So you must be one those people who don't play game and is whinning because what he saw on the leaks. 6 hours? Really?
>>
>>29828918
gen 5 had the worst designs for pokemon IMO. Honestly hate every single damn pokemon except for Volcarona
>>
i don't give a shit about the speed or the lack of endgame, what i care about is how poorly paced the start of the game is so far. it's not fun to play.

the first 3-5 hours you are led everywhere by lillie and hau and can barely move through one patch of grass without running into them again for another cutscene.

to make up for this the encounter rate appears to have been buffed, but it's like your slogging through quicksand for hours at the start.

also, the new 'realistic' character size and world space is wasted because the level design is shitty and boring. they would have been better off sticking with the traditional pokemon map type, because making it more like other games just reinforces what an ugly, boring level you're traversing.

man, i'm pissed at gamefreak, both XY and ORAS are way better than this so far.
>>
>>29828831
What makes the map less linear is the map and how you travel on it.
>>
>>29829518
it only gets worse when you get to the 4th island
>>
EVERYTHING
>>
>>29829550
don't you... don't you DARE say that fucking shit to me. fuck off, can't be true.

FUUUUCK
>>
>>29824680
This.
I've been dying to know.
>>
>>29829518
You telling the main character have friends and the matter for the plot?
>>
>>29829458
Damn that's a shame

That's how I feel about Gen 7, only care about like 4 Pokemon
>>
>>29829574
Underage found.
>>
>>29826415
Or maybe they're judging based on what they already know and saw.

You can't simply bruise criticism off as "cynicism".
>>
>>29823036
Everything. The incoming horde of GF apologists from other sites makes it worse, too.
>>
>>29823503
>> champions theme is literally just the opening menu from rby
this actually sounds pretty fucking awesome if you ask me and i'm not a genwunner
>>
>>29829834
It all comes together.
>>
File: 1478298169234.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
1478298169234.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>29829822
>>
>>29825827
This isn't going to happen, since there's VGC tournaments before January, and there's still the old mons inside the alolan dex to consider.
They could do a day 1 patch, but I don't see that happening.
>>
>>29823036
Nothing. It's gonna sell well despite the entirety of it being leaked weeks before launch, and IGN is gonna give to no less then an 9/10.
>>
>>29824223
Gen 1 pandering, all have terrible/ugly designs save Vulpix, Sandslash and Marowak and there's not even enough of them to warrant it as a special feature of the game.
>>
>>29823036
The self-entitled kids who think their constantly-negative opinion should matter about a game they stole.
>>
>>29829978
this
>>
>>29828918
(You)
>>
>>29829978
this 2bqhwyf
>>
>>29828629
but they are
>>
>>29829978
And the people who believe their own hype.
>>
>>29829978
>Complaining about stealing in a nigger infested board

/vp/ was a mistake
>>
>>29824557
>you can't keep the complete form

What?
>>
>>29829894
Are you acknowledging being one anon?
>>
>>29829978
Fuck off, reddit. Shouldn't be here if you don't like leaks.
>>
File: 1478844336395.png (1MB, 981x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1478844336395.png
1MB, 981x1113px
Nothing. SM is seriously the best games yet.
>>
>>29830705
No, it's just a stupid way to dismiss an opinion you disagree with.
>>
>>29830729
What, did I hit a little too close to home?
>>
>>29825580
Is this all confirmed? That every 3 battles you fight a famous Alola character, and every 10 you fight a legendary trainer from a previous region?

Does that mean the famous trainers extend over 100 battles and more? And what happens when you recruit one? Does an other one replace him or...

Also, can you tell me ALL the trainers that you can challenge, and all the ones that can be your partners?
>>
>>29830023
That's a nice counterargument
>>
>>29831016
I don't see any other reason to be bothered by what I said other than indentifying as one, though.
>>
>>29831532
Yes, I'm severely triggered by autistic faggots who complain about leaks on leak central of the internet. Retard.
>>
>>29824680
Can't you use Festival Plaza?
>>
>>29829834
Not really, it's quite mediocre and lacks any sense of tension. It's just an orchestrated version of the title theme and its just anticlimactic as fuck.

It is gen1 pandering gone wrong.
>>
>>29829666

Well there are several spots because how much spanned out the routes are. Just a pain in the ass since there's no real bike or skates this time around except the Tauros riding. Haven't tried if breeding works while riding a Tauros, but the handling and turning is annoying due to the lag.

But no, I haven't seen a never ending circle like Lumiose center and Battle Resort yet.
>>
File: animal bird hug.jpg (63KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
animal bird hug.jpg
63KB, 482x750px
It feels like they're probably having trouble dealing with the sheer number of pokemon. This series may be getting too big for the current line of handhelds to handle. This gen feels like they removed vital/useful aspects from previous games, but didn't replace it with anything, and they're clearly having issues with compressing their game properly. Why this game file size is so massive for very little additions/new content is beyond me.
>>
>>29824744
This and the game is so fucking linear, no sense of exploration, where the fuck is the caves, and why the fuck is Rotom always telling you where to go next?
>>
File: pokemonreality.png (13KB, 564x377px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonreality.png
13KB, 564x377px
>>
>>29829685
Did you even play the game? If not fuck off, you have no idea how annoying these cutscenes are.
>>
holy shit guys, it's my birthday tomorrow and my 3ds is set 12 hours ahead to offset moon's time difference, when I walked into the Pokemon Centre the nurse wished me a happy birthday.
10/10 BEST POKEMON GAME EVER.
>>
>>29832087
Because it's seem silly to me to dismiss people who are praising the game from coming offsite. I'm fairly certain the majority people who came here to get the cia fucked off again once they had it.
>>
From my first impressions:

>Rotomdex was a huge fucking mistake
>The absolute slowest beginning for any of the games
>the removal of every single feature that would have meant that the game might have to display more than two pokemon at a time
>oh but we'll have them call in reinforcements unto infinity :-DDDD
>map has no zoom level between "map for ants" and "way too fucking close"
>>
>>29832112
I'm not complaining about leaks, you fuckstick. I'm telling you and a good number of others in this thread that you're jaded, entitled babies. Any and all complaints are nullified by the sheer fact that you guys DIDN'T BUY THE FUCKING GAME. It's like people who didn't vote bitching about Trump winning the election. You didn't make an effort and still feel like you should be validated.
>>
File: 1478748463446.jpg (222KB, 1280x841px) Image search: [Google]
1478748463446.jpg
222KB, 1280x841px
>>29823036
the lag in battles with more than 2 pokemon is fucking insane

in doubles you inputs have 5 sec delay
>>
>>29833115
In fact, I'm going to mention
>Rotomdex was a huge fucking mistake
a second time because this thing just seems wildly out of place.
It's obnoxious, its stupid face takes up half the bottom screen that could have been used for the menu buttons that they instead decided to hide behind X, and its ""witty banter"" just makes me think they awkwardly ripped the little shit out of a completely different series.
>>
>>29833189
>It's like people who didn't vote bitching about Trump winning the election.

Hillary won the popular vote, bro.
>>
>>29833296
you don't become a president by pop vote bro
also, the millions of illigal who voted in california are not american citizens
>>
>>29833296
Which also counts for nothing, but I digress.
>>
>>29833389
illegals*
>>
They refused to keep features that had become accepted standards last gen.
They also did the unprecedented and removed features that had stuck around for multiple gens, like National Dex and 3vs3. Now removing pretty much anything is fair game.
>>
>>29823036
I don't know, it doesn't come out for a week still.
>>
>>29833189
>didn't buy the game
>it makes the game great by default
>>
>>29830760
>liking a rubbish mess.
consider (You)'d
>>
>>29824680
>>29823102
I thought Poké Pelago has hot springs for hatching anyway?
>>
>>29826967
yes
>>
>>29823063
You are a fag.
>>
>>29833505
More like chastising those with a false sense of entitlement. Unless Nintendo sent you a review copy of the game, your 'review' means nothing for the next week.
>>
How is everyone playing it? I thought it comes out 18.11?
>>
>>29833840
Citra or hacked 3DS
>>
>>29832393
Wait, what vital aspects have been removed?
>>
>>29829960
>if it sells a lot then it's a good game

Shit, I guess Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare are good games then.
>>
>>29833840
it got leaked 3 days ago

i mean you did hack your 3ds right? there was no reason not to
>>
Just a question; how hard are those games?
>>
>m-muh based Ohmori will save the franchise! You'll see!!!!!

LAUGHING
MY
FUCKING
ASS
OFF
>>
>>29829043
That was pure bullshit
>>
>>29834055
National Dex, for starters.
>>
>>29833231
>makes me think they awkwardly ripped the little shit out of a completely different series.
yes, in fact character they ripped off is none other than yokai-watch's very own ''pokedex'' whisper
>>
>>29823063
Wait, they removed the national dex? What does it mean to catch them all anymore, then?
>>
I'm on the 3rd Island and I don't think I've come across a trainer with more than 3 pokemon, the average being 1/2. I know pokemon had been simplified but this is insane, waiting for romhacks to make Alola great again.
>>
>>29835209
Yeah, people thinking that pokemon needs to be saved is hilarious.

>>29835827

Oh no! The pokedex was such a useful tool that everybody use a lot in-game! How are we suppose to play without that?

>>29835955

You can catch every pokemon, they only aren't registered in the dex of game, the national dex is now in the pokebank.

>>29836091

The amount of pokemons the opposing trainer have most the time only defines the amount of time it will take for you to defeat it.
>>
>>29833231
I though rotom was suppose to be a pokemon translator what does it do?
>>
>>29833226
Well this is an actual problem.
>>
File: 1477349191134.png (78KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477349191134.png
78KB, 375x375px
>>29836505
Man, is GF's cock that delicious?
>>
>>29823503
>shit talking kukui's theme
Neck yourself, that shit was hype as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOdIPQk7Ig
>>
>>29836505
people mostly dislike the ntional dex entries being behind a pay wall.

if the bank dex actually 'imported' into later versions of games so after having caught them all and put them in the bank you effectively 'always' had credit for it in every new gen the second the national dex would normally unlock, that would be a huge convenience for people, but still bullshit it cost money.
>>
>>29836633
I'm flying to japan and paying Hiro to make "GF + Cock" an autoban
>>
>>29836633
Problem are were they are, removal of hordes and lag in battles, not in the fact you can't get a text of silly info you never read to begin with.
>>
>>29836808
That would be pretty pointless since Hiroshimoot lives in paris.
>>
>>29836735
Well, I had not realize this, it sound like a pay DLC that is not DLC, but like I say, the dex never was useful, especially now with the internet, even thinking it is a staple of the series
>>
>>29823036
>Pros
-Good difficulty with or without the exp share (seems like exp gain was balanced right)
-NO HMs!
-movement feels smooth as butter
-Pokemon refresh is pokemon amie but WAAAY better/faster for pokemon engagement
-Team skull is the most entertaining evil team hands down
-Probably has the best cast of side characters in the franchise (they cover all the bases well unlike gen 6)
-comfy vibe sort of like gen 3 but more segmented
-Totem pokemon/Kahunas are great additions that lend more variety of tasks than ever before
-Ride pokemon are fast and work well
-Z moves suprisingly fit well and dont hurt the balance much
-Plot/bad guy team is solid and is used to flesh out other characters better than any other generation
-Solid post game this time
-Quality of life changes: PC box, type effectiveness on screen, dedicated pokeball button, send caught to party option, etc.

>Cons
-Cutscenes EVERYWHERE. You cant vist even 1 new location without cutscenes
-Slowest start of the franchise probably by more than tripple the length of Diamond and Pearl's beginning
-Pretty much EVERYONE for most of the game dont use more than 2-3 pokemon (it is balanced well EXP wise but it's still annoying)
-Fishing rod is shit
-speed nerf
-Alolan form pandering as well as plenty of regular gen 1 pokemon pandering (why did they need so many regular gen 1 pokes if there are tons of alolan variants? Poliwhirl? Slowpoke? For what?)
-No national dex (seriously?)
-no sitting in chairs

Seems like there's more good than bad at least. And some of those good totally and completely outweigh most of the bad.
>>
>>29836946

>Solid post game

Yeah sure.
>>
>>29823503
> champions theme is literally just the opening menu from rby
That's neat though, battling Kukui is meant to be a nod to Professor Oak being a trainer in the code of R/B and his being scrapped at some point later in development as being the strongest trainer.
>>
>>29823056
/thread
>>
Can someone give me a time estimate for this game?
I'm a Euro so with this coming out 5 days before FF15 I want to manage my time a little.
>>
>>29837878
You can comfortably beat it in 2 days, so even if you take your time you have plenty time.
>>
>>29838043
Just 2 days? Reading the thread a little someone said it's about 6 hours.
Is that right?
>>
Friendly reminder that Sun&Moon will get a third version or a sequel:
>GF still has another 3DS game on them
>GF won't do a full remake of a region on the 3DS, it would be a waste of effort when the console is already dying (so DPPt deconfirmed)
>there will be another game on Gen 7, otherwise it will be gen with just the first two games
Eclipse/Rainbow, here we go!
>>
>>29838291
I rushed through the game and it took me 40 hours. I just completed the post game UB catching.
>>
>>29838712

Then you're taking things very very slow.

Many say it's around 18 hours long. Also can confirm that.
>>
>caring about opinions what are being said by people who pirated the game
>>
>>29823532
Biggest problem in the games industry nowadays. Let games be games and stay games.
>>
>>29823532
Well, now you know how an average Level-5 developed game feels.
If you thought that was bad, wait till you experience JRPGs.
>>
wait what's all this about the game not having a National Dex? Does anyone have the full details of that, like is it not possible to have a national dex at all, or is it just that you can't get it until you do something outside of the game?
>>
>>29836735
>people mostly dislike the ntional dex entries being behind a pay wall.
They're not.

>if the bank dex actually 'imported' into later versions of games so after having caught them all and put them in the bank you effectively 'always' had credit for it in every new gen the second the national dex would normally unlock, that would be a huge convenience for people,
This is how it is.
>>
>>29840173
No National Dex in S&M at all.

Instead, it'll be added to Pokemon Bank in January.
>>
>>29837405
>More and better post game than X/Y & ORAD
>Solid? Yeah Sure

Lol, kys you little fucking faggot.
>>
I'm cool as long as I can dress up my trainer
>>
>>29837054
/thread
>>
>>29837054
You are almost correct
>-Ride pokemon are fast and work well
the suits are a mistake though. What's the point of customization when you use the rides pretty much all the time and the ugly suit is still visible in battles?
You also didn't mention massive drops in framerate, especially in double battles, and the input lag, especially in fucking double battles holy shit totem fights were a pain because of that. You legit get few seconds of a slideshow between you doing something and it actually happening
>>
>>29841392
I'm assuming this is on the OG 3DS or even Citra because the demo had no issues on the n3DS
>>
>>29840881
That's not much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>29823036
/vp/
>>
>>29840881
not an argument, underage.
>>
>>29823063
I just want to know how many boxes we have. Fuck the national dex as long as we can still have them all without needing to store them in bank
>>
>>29840208
where is your source?
>>
>>29823056
Jesus
>>
So there's only one fishing rod in this game? Everything I'm catching are Magikarp and Wishiwashi
>>
>>29833777
>didn't buy the game
>it makes the game great by default
>>
>>29841749
Anything is an argument on 4chan. Like I could argue the fact that you don't know how to fucking capitalize a letter at the beginning of a damn sentence!
>>
>>29825827
>Game Freak
>patching something that isn't a bug or exploit
>ever
Why do you want to hurt yourself, anon?
>>
>IM GOING TO KANTO
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>29843243
So did you buy Red, Blue, or Yellow?
>>
>>29827004
What the fuck
>>
I hope these games are ported to the Nintendo Switch. Overall I think Pokemon needs to be moved into a more powerful system to work to its potential.
>>
>>29843320
It DOES get the now 80 BP Leech Life. And Fake Out as an egg move.
>>
>>29823036
Nothing I had fun
>>
>>29843334
Sooo, the Vita?
>>
>>29828341
Gen 6 is inferior to fucking Pokemon Dash, it's the worst Gen bar nothing.
>>
>>29843317
I'm talking about Lillie
>>
>>29823036
>new mons have shit stats are are often rare as fuck
>no national dex
>>
>>29843408
Your opinion has not only been noted, but it has also been discarded.
>>
Awful single player and low fps killed it for me.

I don't even want to play the other version. Thinking about going through 10 hours of bullshit and lag again makes me vomit.
>>
>>29829538
That's the thing though, in Gen 7 it's literally worse than Gen 5's linearity, you can't explore shit and you can barely WALK without triggering another cutscene.
>>
>>29829518
The idea of ORAS being better than anything terrifies me.
>>
>>29829960
No Man's Sky sure turned out great huh anon.
>>
>>29832175
Can't ride Pokemon on it, and with no Bike it means it takes ages.
>>
>Small dex
>Poorly designed Pokémon
>The Alola Region
>Lags
>No sitting
>No camera angles
>No national dex
>You can win only by pressing A in all battles
>Alola forms could've been a good idea
>Battle Tree could've been good
>Rotom Dex is just pandering to Yo-kai Watch fans and adds nothing to the game.
>Almost no competitive new mons
>Genwun pandering
>Almost no postgame
>Gyms get a replacement that takes less time to complete
>Even more legendaries than Sinnoh
>>
>>29836505
>putting a mainline feature in an external app that you have to use separately from the game
>good for any reason
>justifying game freak being lazy enough to just not put in the rest of the fucking dex entries
Honest question: why are you like this?
>>
>>29843723
>small dex
it's the 2nd largest only beaten by kalos
>>
>>29836946
But there's still 0 good reason to remove it from the game and make it an external app. Literally nothing excuses this amount of laziness.
>>
I actually don't mind cutscenes that much, but the way they are paced in this game is absolutely horrible.

It's like you get thrown into a cutscene every 5 steps you take, and by the time you get control over your character, some unlikeable NPC comes and takes it away again.
>>
>>29839947
>paying money for something erases the many glaring flaws it has
>>
>>29829518
I MISS XY ALREADY.

I felt like I was being led by the nose in this game. Either by Lillie, or by the inevitable cutscene between the start and the ending of a route or city.

If only they dragged me into trials, but not even that. Half of the game is dealing with Lillie's mommy issues.
>>
>>29840881
Fucking Pokemon TCG the vidya had better postgame than XY/ORAS, it's not an accomplishment to be better than literally nothing.
>>
>>29843346
It seems tailor-made for Fire and Sucker Punch though, so it's just baffling.
>>
>>29829960
And GameInformer gives every Call of Duty a perfect score. What's your point?
>>
>>29823036

Ohmori did.

He got rid of features that were in the very games he previously made.
>>
>>29843978
There are literally more Kanto pokemon than new additions.
>>
>>29844106
I can't believe we'd be missing XY of all things. Pokemon's dead after all. I'm honestly sad.
>>
>>29837054

you forgot to add there's way to many pokemon with 1-5% encounter rates in the game as a con.
>>
>>29827090
I've been hearing that you can make Zygarde permanently 100% if you collect all 5 cores and 100 cells first
>>
>>29841852
an anon on another thread said it was 32, like ORAS

If you want to have space for a living dex with alternative forms, you're fucked, probably gonna take all the boxes and you won't have space for anything else
>>
>>29827154
Doesn't Lusamine have an entire team of totems?

Doesn't that at least mean the hacks are going to be stupidly hard?

Makes me kind of wish Gamefreak would put out some sort of mods market - block mods that toss in the event Pokemon and items, then let people go nuts with things like difficulty and clothing mods
>>
>>29845033
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY IGGLYBUFF

FUCK
>>
>>29845827
That would require Game Freak to understand what a modern games industry looks like, though, and they're unfortunately clueless.
>>
>>29823036
islands
>>
File: Pokédex_(1).png (210KB, 570x338px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_(1).png
210KB, 570x338px
>>29823036

It only have 81 new Pokémon and We can't The National Pokédex from Professor during Post-Game.
>>
>>29830729
I'm pretty sure /vp/ is where reddit goes to complain. Half of the Pokemon Reddit is /vp/, half of /vp/ is the Pokemon Reddit
>>
>>29833115
How long does it take to get to the Pokemon center and access to the boxes? OrAs takes about 8-10 minutes if you really rush through, XY takes about 15-20 minutes, and I mostly want to know for the sake of planning out restarts for farming wifi events
>>
how big is the map compared to the other games?
>>
>>29836091
From what I've read, it seems like the game's Evil Team climax is about midway or a little past midway through the game, and you hit island three before then, so that sounds normal

...Which is really weird as you'd think Island Two would be the halfway point since one of the first two islands is also by far the largest
>>
>>29845776
Shit

Especially since I also wanted to get all Arceus and Silvally forms. But worse, that implies that they are going to stagnate on the number of boxes and eventually expect people to use bank if they want a complete living dex even without forms

Guess I'd better figure out homebrew
>>
>>29846042
go away Richard
>>
>>29847104
>le rodolfo maymay
>>
File: this desu.jpg (43KB, 293x223px) Image search: [Google]
this desu.jpg
43KB, 293x223px
>>29846042
>>
>>29823036
>tfw just want to explore, catch and train mons but all the cutscenes put me off
Who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>29846945
....but if you have 32 boxes you have like 80 spaces free after completing a living dex with all forms.
>>
File: 1463060610429s.jpg (8KB, 214x249px) Image search: [Google]
1463060610429s.jpg
8KB, 214x249px
>>29823056
Agreed.
>>
>pokemon actually gets its JRPG game together for once
>even better, no voice acting to butcher with a dub
>unfortunately this makes Pokémon's nature as a barebones linear piece of shit JRPG series a million times more apparent, and no skip or fast-forward options are in place, so replaying the game will be spine-warping
>in addition, the slowdown from gen 6 is back with a vengeance and they didn't keep dexnav or hyper training when they were probably the best additions to the game in years
It's a mixed bag
At least its less of a pussfest than XY
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg (307KB, 436x2498px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg
307KB, 436x2498px
>>29847553
No. You shut up.
>>
>>29840130
But, this IS a JRPG.. right?
>>
>>29823312
Like gen 2
>>
>>29833189
You make nosense.
>>
buyfag waiting till the 18th here. you guys have set my expectation so low that I will probably be happy with whatever so I guess that's good.
>>
>>29823081
>implying all of it is bad
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg (263KB, 440x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg
263KB, 440x2190px
>>29850726

Role-playing Game about collecting and understanding Pocket Monsters.
>>
>>29823036
The same thing that has been going wrong for generations now.

>shitty developers
>cluster fuck of ideas
>fixing things by further breaking them
>not fixing the obvious and expanding in the obvious direction fans have wanted since day 1
>the people who keep buying this shit
>>
>>29828629
Asside from the pantsu on heado retarded characters and plot (which at this point has become the standard since DPPt), those games were a good standard. Content, features, etc.
>>
>>29829518
How could you guys be in such denial leading up to this game. We had a whole generation of this kind of sloppy bullshit and what the hell do you think changed?

Didn't you guys see the previews of the games. It was pretty obvious it was going to have a lot of hand holding and that the wilderness sections looked linear as fuck.
>>
Die
>>
>>29827506
>complaining about lack of HMs

t. "5 slaves 1 charizard" trainer
>>
>>29828918
>it has N
meh

>arguably best music
I prefer gen 4

>best story
pfffthahaha
>>
>>29823056
Triggered
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.