[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 6

>no national dex
>empty square land is just empty forever
>no new model for wally
>no new clothes for cynthia
>flysoar is just fly, nothing like oras soar
>no pss
few new models to fix few shit old models

wtf is happening with gf? some of these things aren't trivial things, they're the basics. this disappointed me
>>
>>29822889
Wait seriously? No National Dex at all?
>>
>>29822889
shit new common clothes for sina and dexio
>>
>>29822889
Enjoy the 20th annivesary game

GF did all they could, this is the top of their possibilities
>>
they know you'll eat up whatever they shit out so they put as little effort in as possible to maximize profit margins
>>
>>29822889
Gamefreak's staffed by middle-aged """"professionals"""" who're incompetent and out of touch with the actual industry because "m-muh smartphone apps!", never mind the fact that difficult and popular games like Dark Souls exist

Name me another company that has casualised their games.
>>
>>29822901
No, if you want a National Dex you have to pay for pokebank.
>>
>no National Dex
What?
>>
Those open spots are gyms in post game right???
>>
>>29822889

What if 6.5 fags were right all along, and we see Gen8 within 12 months of nintendo switch launch?
>>
>>29822927
THIS! But guess what?! It's impossible to buy nintendo credits in most areas in world because they don't update the buying system.
>>
>>29822927
Hold up. You don't receive the Dex from Kukui?
>>
File: ja.png (9KB, 320x208px) Image search: [Google]
ja.png
9KB, 320x208px
>no national dex

I'm trying... really hard to remain excited for this game. But It's getting really difficult to do so without seeming like some sort of apologist.
>>
>>29822938
NOT AT ALL, it's almost unbelievable, right?!
>>
>>29822889
Who got new models?
>>
>>29822957
Why does national dex matter
When there's no pokemon to fill it till January anyway
>>
>>29822963
>new models
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>29822889
I bet the empty square lands are the places for the future gym in S/M2.
>>
>>29822926
All of them?
But I do get your point which is that Gamefreak is obsessed with mobile and views it as competition when it isn't. You don't compete with software that isn't even on the same system. Other companies that think that DEVELOP FOR MOBILE INSTEAD.
>>
This is bait. National Dex is still in
>>
>>29822954
No, you only have an Alola dex that covers only pokemon found in the Alola region, any other pokemon will not have a dex entry unless you buy pokebank which will have entries for all mons.
>>
>>29822957
same here, bro. of course they have amazing new things, i thing it has potencial, but no national dex is like shitting on our faces, it's to basic. why not get rid of effectiveness alert and put this?

and more:

>they programed the game to sit, but just in ONE FUCKING CHAIR in first island
>>
>>29822942
This is exactly what will happen, I promise you. They're working on gen 8 right now, and if they rush it (let's hope they don't) it could potentially even be out within 6 months of Switch launch.

I will buy and play gen 7 when it comes out, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it even if I don't fall in love with it. It will keep me content with its new stuff until we finally get a main series RPG on a sweet Nintendo home console.
>>
>>29822989
No, national dex is for paying customers only
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/
>>
>>29822889
No national dex? It means no post-game?
>>
>>29822999
What's the story with that effectiveness alert thing? I've only heard vague whisperings of it.
>>
>>29822983
There's no oint of gyms because you can battle the captains with stronger teams anyway

Plus the island challenge IS the thing for Alola. island challenge is what gyms are
>>
>>29822975
That's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, don't you think?
>>
>>29822889
I don't understand why they keep removing so many good things and staples of the series, and half-arsing new features. Why don't they ever learn?
>>
>>29823016
>Still buying the Switch meme.

It'll cost the same amount as the Wii U, ya mong.
>>
>>29823029
In the moves screen during battle the game now tells you how effective a move will be against the pokemon you're fighting.
>>
>>29822975
because january will come one day and it will be shit

>>29822983
but it doesn't matter what they WILL do in future, is like kalos, they're missed opportunities. ok all first games are kinda incomplete (xy, bw, rs) but just why?

>>29823030
yes, i agree, but why putting empty spaces? why not just don't shit in our faces?
>>
>>29823042
Because they don't face consequences for their fuckery. The games are selling well regardless.
>>
>>29823020
>already have pokemon bank
The update will be free, right?
>>
>>29823091
It should be unless they pull an Apple.
>>
File: o.png (160KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
o.png
160KB, 299x293px
Watch petting and the like be removed once we lose the touch screen.
>>
>>29823117
Pretty much guaranteed, specially since petting has now been around for two generations in a row.
>>
>>29823091
the update, yes, but the pokebank will still a paid system
i'm not a paid-dlc supporter, nobody should be, really, it's an terrible thing with the player

>>29823117
holy fuck, glob no please. no petting is like no day/night in these days
>>
>>29823029
It's the thing that tells you all type advantages, weaknesses, and immunities during battle against a Pokemon on the move selection screen.
>>
>>29823117
Even if we go back to one screen soon we'll still have a touch screen. Which would make it even worse if they did remove it.
>>
>>29823598
And how would that work while the Switch is in console mode?
>>
>>29823617
shiiiit, no portable
>>
>>29822986
We should all be worried that they now consider mobile games their biggest adversary.
>>
>>29823042
They are "learning" that their fan base will buy whatever shitty mediocre game they put out. Plus they are good at marketing in general, and always have. It makes them rich without them ever having to put any effort into their games.

And no they don't give a shit about anything but the money, stop with the denial.
>>
>>29823068
>>29822975
What's with january?
>>
>>29824388
pokebank will update
>>
>>29824354
I can't wait for the day they all get replaced my new people who actually care about shit. Do you think there's any chance of people or fans who are passionate about these sorts of things getting hired by Game Freak, or will their stagnancy be passed down from old staff to new?
>>
>>29824316
The franchise is doomed because of mobileshit pandering. It won't be long now until they go full microtransaction retard.
>>
>>29824454
Fans taking over isn't always good, look at the big two comic publishers.
>>
>>29824541
I know it's not always good, but it might provide SOME degree of hope for the Pokemom franchise. Fuck, even if it wasn't fans and just a whole different group of devs the games would probably be more fruitful.
>>
>>29823617
Either the joycons are motion sensitive and you can use them to point at the screen, or a cursor appears and you control that with the physical buttons.
It's not rocket science, I don't know why people point that out so much as evidence of no touch screen.
>>
Is it confirmed that there are no gyms and that those squares are nothing?
>>
>>29825129
The evidence that it won't have a touch screen is simply that a high quality capacitive touch screen with great colours at a high resolution is really expensive.
>>
>No National Dex in SM

Wait... what do you mean by this? That non- native to Alola Pokemon wont have entries, or that there won´t be ANY Pokemon unlocking after you beat the game?
>>
File: 30418560_big_p1.png (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
30418560_big_p1.png
202KB, 800x800px
>>29822889
>no new clothes for cynthia
This

I'd love new armpits
>>
>>29825442
You have to rely on bank for non-natives
>>
>>29822999
Three chairs. Anything that looks like a throne, basically
>>
>>29825502
Oh great, that means more than half the Pokemon in the series won't be available in SM.
>>
>>29823150
>glob
dont do this

>>29822889
This game seems to be good at large scale things but absolutely shits the bed at small details. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>29822889
add to your list:
>Nanu and Hapu two kahunas don't have battle models
>>
>>29825709
Because you don't battle them?
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 1334x750px
>>29825709
You fucking chump of course they do, but the thing is much like Gladion and Kukui they have fully animated intros that don't end with a static Sprite, the only reason Hala and Olivia get sprites is because the elite 4 does transfer to static sprites and in game when Nanu and Hapu were approached to join the Elite 4 they both refused
>>
>>29822944
Buy them online.

I live in the caribbean and can buy them, I'm certain you can get them where you live

>>29822975
Is this a new thing? Looking at something that was in like, the past 10 games before it and then saying it no longer matters once it's not in the most recent one? This is like Gym Leader rematches in ORAS all over again

>>29823016
The Switch is not a handheld. It's a portable console. We'll probably have a handheld dedicated Switch that has the same architecture but a handheld price being revealed soon. But people who game handheld only shouldnt be excited in having the price of their gaming device suddenly double in price, at least
>>
>>29825800
oh that's nice
>>
>>29825805
It's marketed as a hybrid. Time for separate handheld is over. Stick to facts, please. Despite the size of the Switch, it's not bigger than an ipad in temrs of screen which people use a lot for portable gaming.
>>
>>29825895
I'm pretty sure it's marketed as a console on the go, and that wording is important
>>
>>29822944
You know you can easily just change your device's location to another country in Settings and buy stuff using a VISA card? Caribbeanfag here.
>>
This is what happens when you go from 2D to 3D, things that were much easier to implement are now a hassle. Unless GF starts to stockpile every asset and keep and tweak the same engine for years we will be seeing less and less of good things being carried over from old games. New things added will probably be focused on quality of life things rather than visual things. The tweak era has begun.
>>
>>29825709
huge spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMBoTK8bd10
>>
So how long until we get a randomizer for the game(s)? I feel like that'd make the games a bit more enjoyable but no clue how it'd work given the island scan mechanic
>>
>>29825573
They don't have Dextext in SM either. The national dex is literally paywalled.
>>
>>29822983
BATTLE FRONTIER COMING SOON
>>
>>29825975
which is how handhelds have been marketed in Japan for decades... The 3DS is basically a console on the go.
>>
>>29826226
This is the company that removed the National Dex and put it behind a paywall in Pokemon Bank, I can't even joke about their ineptitude anymore. I wanted these games to be good so badly, but I guess that Game Freak isn't the company it used to be.
>>
>>29826327
cool. don't buy it.
>>
>>29825442
You can catch non natives in game, they just won't have a Pokedex entry
>>
File: image.png (982KB, 868x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
982KB, 868x912px
>>29826327
what is the need for a national des before poke bank if no Pokemon migrate to Alola at the eng of the game
>>
>>29826492
Honestly fuck you.
GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL means fucking nothing in SM.
Not having a national Dex is the most atrocious thing they could've done to the game and I hope it'll make a huge shitstorm when people finds out about it.
>>
>>29826492
It's the fact that the National Dex literally is not present in Sun and Moon. It's not getting added in January to the games, it's getting added to Pokebank, which is a paywalled app. A very cheap one, but it's still such a shitty move.
>>
>>29826548
>you have to pay 5$
>everytime you want to read a dex entry, you have to load a different app

How the fuck is this acceptable ?!!! I hope normies will make a shitstorm about it and force gamefreak to add the feature later on. It's not tolerable.
>>
>>29822926
>Name me another company that has casualised their games.

Literally every company in the industry you stupid faggot
>>
>>29826548
>5 dollars a year is too much
>a year
I don't know what I expected from Freebooters but it wasn't this also
>poke bank is the new national Dex, rotom never gets updated
Source on that shit my dude, because that's legitimately shit.
>>
>>29826528
You haven't been able to catch every Pokemon in the dex since like Gen 2
>>
>>29826656
Actually, since the beginning. Mwe wasn't available outside of Japan.
>>
>>29826631
It doesn't matter if it's 5$ or 1000$ for two reasons:

It's fucking terrible marketing-wise since most kids can't pay things online.

It's ethically terrible to force the player to pay MORE to get access to the MAIN fucking feature of pokemon from a fucking main game: CATCHING THEM ALL.

And they fucking removed POKEDEX and the ability to know something about all creatures from fucking Pokemon.
Can't you understand how terrible this sounds ?
>>
>>29826631
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/
I don't mind 5 bucks a year for bank, but having to load an external app just to see the rest of the dex is ridiculous.
>>
>>29826705
And in another part of the world kids are getting bombed by American drones. Boohoo Don't complain, stop using it. Resort to Gen V or formulate proper criticism that adults will not laugh at.
>>
>>29826756
>I haven't any argument so I talk about war and african kids dying because of hunger
fuck you chiller, it's unacceptable.
>>
No National dex was the thing that upset me the most in R/S/E and made Gen III feel even more like a reboot.
>>
>>29826756
>I'm not in mortal peril, so there's no point in having standards
>>
>>29826780
well, one argument would be that people don't need to waste time catching Pokemon they don't like anymore. If you have a complete dex in ORAS and XY already you can just move it over to bank and it saves you a lot of time.
Casuals won't ever bother about catching all 802 Pokemon anyway, which should apply to more and more fans, as well.
Dex entries aren't updated, anyway. Phantump and Trevenant, being part of the Alola Dex have no new entries for example.
The majority will welcome being able to finish a game without spending a whole year to catch every Pokemon there is.
Also, if you look in-game wise it just doesn't make sense that every region has every Pokemon. This one is for the fans who play multiple games and depicts the player as a traveller who visits several regions. It allows you to have very unique pools of Pokemon.
>>
Would it be fair to say that for those who inject their Pokémon, legitimately, that it wouldnt be as "precious" to have a Living Dex in SM? From a mild injector myself, I only ever inject event/legendaries and the odd egg move for competitive. But not having a national Dex just seems like a waste of resource :/
>>
>>29826631
>its literally always been free
>defending this change

I remember calling anons retards for implying SM would have paid DLC, and here we are.
>>
>>29822889
Does it have wondertrade???
no pss??
step back man.
>>
>>29826756
>shitty game design is acceptable because people die
>>
>>29822957
>liking Soar

it was garbage because rather than taking you to your destination quickly, you have to fly through it

and no, outside of the islands, there were no 'secret" places to go
>>
>>29826876
There is literally no excuse for having to open an external app to view a core game feature that has been present in the game since day one.
>>
>>29822889
I was actually playing the game even if i don't like most of the new pokemons, trying to actually complete the dex for the first time but now that we don't even have a national dex i'm done. I really tried
>>
>>29822889
>no national dex

What the fuck? This is actually a dealbreaker. What the hell are they thinking?

I'll wait for the next game.
>>
>>29823150
>glob
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29827541
K. Dont buy the game then

Meanwhile me and the rest of the non autistic people will enjoy it, and in January we'll transfer our Pokemon and it'll be just fine.
>>
>>29827541
cool. Don't buy it, don't play it then. :)
>>
>>29822889
>>no national dex
>>empty square land is just empty forever
>>no new model for wally
>>no new clothes for cynthia
>>flysoar is just fly, nothing like oras soar
>>no pss
>few new models to fix few shit old models
>>
>>29822889
> slowest gen
> boys get customization cucked yet again
> only good starter is rupauls drag mermaid
> desueye and cenaroar have garbage stat investments
> all this genwunfag pandering
> champions theme is literally just the opening menu from rby
> 11 exclusive z moves and two are pikachus
> they hype alolamons and the only one with a decent stat buff is ninetails (+9 speed)
>another gen with almost to non new pokemon
>focusing on their bad gimmicks (UBs) instead of the good ones (alolan forms)
>alolan forms numbers and lots of joke ideas
>UBs composing more than 10% of the dex
>nerfing the speed of almost a whole gen without nerfing the speed of other gens to compare, rendering almost all of them useless
>letting UBs outshine normal mons completely stat wise
>renaming gyms island challenges and giving us fewer of them
>story is mostly by the numbers
>yet another mostly barren postgame
>Looks like old style RPG.
>Horrible animation.
>Too much cutscenes.
>They fucked up the Super Training.
>Hyper Training is shit.
>Ultra Beasts is Ultra Shit. Digimon tier trash.
>It's a bad game overall.
>No National Dex; half the species of Pokemon have no Dex data whatsoever, the game doesn't tell you if you caught it or not.
>Game directed by guy who gave Rhydon an evolution that boosted its special attack, but decided Chimecho needed a preevo.
>No Gyms
>No good plot
>Evil team is complete shit
>Too many fucking cutscenes
>Its a shitty island instead of continental land like most regions
>Too many old pokemon there are more Kanto garbage than Alola mons
>Lillie Mary Sueness is Medaka Box tier
>Worst Elite Four ever
>Champion is complete shit
>Removed themes for trainer classes before you battle them
>Battles take 3 seconds to start
>Battles take too fucking long
>Trials are pointless miniquest
>Handholding to the next level
>A talking pokedex
>PS2 era RPG feel
>Level Design too generic
>Ultra Beasts (aka Digimons)
>Edgy as fuck
>>
>>29822889
>wtf is happening with gf?

I don't get how you guys are surprised.
>Gen 3 = no rival, position taken over by neighbor
>Gen 4 = neighbor is now your best friend, evil gang is pretty fucking gay
>Gen 5 = sequels instead of 3rd version, ridiculously high amount of "legendaries", multiple "friends"
Gen 6 = friends literally follow you wherever the fuck you go, introduction of cutscenes, no 3rd version or sequels, god awful level curve (it shouldn't be so easy to have 4 Pokemon in their 20s/30s before you even beat the 2nd gym), EXP Share is opt-out instead of opt-in

Each Gen has gotten worse. This shouldn't be a surprise (it actually should if GameFreak had fucking made the games correctly).
>>
>>29822889
Either DLC, day 1 patch, or S2M2.
>>
>>29828567
>>Too much cutscenes

This trend is the one I hate the most since gen 6, even more that now the characters have actual expressions, and are always so goofy and dramatic. I know this is a game aimed at children, but the sprite era not having this kind of dumb stuff is one of the things that make it so timeless.

It's so frustrating that everything is so anime these days... Ace Attorney is another one that fucks me with these stupid cliches, but that's another unrelated topic.
>>
>>29828574
>(it shouldn't be so easy to have 4 Pokemon in their 20s
...but the second gym itself has level 25 Pokemon...
>>
>>29828567
>boys get customization cucked yet again
stopped reading here, shit gen, dropped
>>
>>29828787
I don't understand this "everything is so anime" meme.
You do understand this was always a Japanese franchise chock-full with Japanese clichês, right? Even in the sprite era that was always pretty fucking obvious from dialogue.
>>
>>29822889
Why was anyone even expecting that? I thought it was pretty clear soaring wasn't returning. Fuck they ever mentioned so in a interview.

Is it true nothing is done with the empty lots? But their positions is so conspicuous, there has to be something relating to them.
>>
>>29822995
Huh... will the bankdex have their entries from previous games, or new ones?
>>
So I take it there's no certificate for catching all Pokemon? Since the game doesn't keep track of that kind of 'silly' thing anymore.
>>
>>29828787
So being stopped at every single route in IV and V was a-ok in your mind but not when VI did it?
>>
>>29822889
At least it's more complete than XY, I guess..
>>
>>29829027
Seeing as Gen VI already recycled a lot of entries, I'm guessing they'll have their old ones.

It would be pretty cool if the Bank had all existing Dex Entries for the pokémon, but I doubt it. Keeping the Dex Entry from the game it originally came from (including the mons that come all the way from Gen 3) could be also pretty cool.
>>
>>29829368
My attitude towards SM as a whole is like this. There's a ton of problems but it's a big improvement over Gen VI in several aspects. Especially the ones that bothered me the most in XY: characters/story, difficulty and postgame. Granted it isn't great in any of these aspects either but it is better.
>>
>>29826528
This
>>
>>29828567
>copying the exact same wall of text from the post where you openly admitted to not playing the game
>>
>>29829578
I played, and I collected the thoughts of other users.

It is general opinion.
>>
>>29829606
>collecting complaints from several different people while ignoring people who like some of these points somehow makes a general opinion.
>>
>>29829695
Fuck, some of the people you collected those complaints from probably said something good about some other feature your post addresses, since that post complains about literally everything in the game.
>>
>>29826786
In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, the Pokédex is upgraded with the National Mode after the game trades with Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald.
>>
>>29829746
But isn't it in the game data already, just inacessible? The problem here is that dex entries for all National Dex pokémon are nowhere to be found.

And it isn't like Gamefreak to add something via patch, so the chances of an update once first syncronized with Bank or something along these lines is very slim.
>>
>>29822889
I've been really depressed since I finished the main story on tuesday. I literally wanted to cry. 10 months waiting for these games and they were so underwhelming. They do have some redeeming qualities like removing HM's and trying to change the formula. But everything else was just so lackluster.
>>
>>29829864
just wanted to say dat you can technically complete the national dex in Gen III.
I agree with you and i'm really angry about no national dex in SM, for me is part of spirit of the game, remove it and the game lose a part of is soul. (Sorry for bad engrish anon)
>>
>>29830432
I didn't get as mad as I expected to. I don't know, managing the boxes when completing the dex was starting to get really annoying.
I also don't mind the idea of the Bank being your living national dex where you will store your pokémon from every region and such. It's better than having to pass they on to every single game. This way I can transfer what I will use and not every single shitmon I have not touched since the DS games just for the sake of dex completion.

How it was implemented is the problem. I really dislike is not being able to check this dex in the actual game. There could easily have been some synchronization feature so your status on the Bank National Dex shows the respective entries in the Alola Dex. Having no access to the dex ingame is retarded. I'm expecting this to change in future games as it will be a pretty big complaint about SM. Not unlike it was a big complaint in RS.
>>
>>29822926
Funnily enough, the slow start and handholding probably turned off a lot of new or young players because they just want to play the game.
>>
>>29826192
I honestly miss when you could migrate mons with some in-game mechanic.
>>
>>29826349
>responding with shitposting
>>
>>29828134
Does this mean that if you transfer all of your Pokemon from bank to SM and they're not in the main rotom dex that they won't be recorded at all? So it's actually impossible to complete the full dex in game?
>>
>>29831261
Yes. Not actually impossible to complete because it's not there in the first place. The only thing to complete is the Alola Dex.

Maybe the Bank will give you something for completing it's National Dex, I don't know.
>>
>>29822942
Those are holy unrelated, but we probably are. S/M are the first and last games of a new gen, if it even should be called that.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.