[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burn Out saved Arcanine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: arcanine_by_tsaoshin-d5zhybu.jpg (100KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
arcanine_by_tsaoshin-d5zhybu.jpg
100KB, 1095x730px
So, turns out Burn Out actually makes you Typeless. Meaning you literally have no weaknesses.

Also turns out, Arcanine can be one FUCK of a wall if he has no weaknesses.

If you consider Intimidate and give him Assault Vest, his defenses become essentially 90/130/130.

90/130/130 (50% increases to final stats act as increases to base stats by a little more than 50%)

To put this in perspective, that's physically and specially defensive as Uxie or Suicune but with no weaknesses. No fucking weaknesses at ALL. He also gets much better Attacking stats on both sides.

Don't like Assault Vest? That's ok, you can still make him Specially Defensive with his EV's and Nature, and you can carry Will-O-Wisp and Morning Sun to make him the best fucking Support Tank ever, thanks to - you got it - NO WEAKNESSES.

Wish he was Fire Type again for whatever godawful reason you have? Just switch him out and bring him back in later - presto, he's Fire Type again and can use Burn Out once more.

The only issue at this point is his Speed, but as long as you aren't trying to use Burn Out on Excadrill or a Water Type (why the fuck would you), this shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>29822545
>typeless
i would have prefered normal for stab Espeed. Also, being typeless means no weaknesses but also no resistances.
>>
>>29822545
Wait, are you serious? Holy shit, this makes Arcanine and Typhlosiom so much more incredible.
>>
>>29822569
No Resistances is fine once you're already on the field - unless you have Steel like resistances, it's unlikely you'll ever actually be hit by a resisted hit unless you're switching in.

Normal Stab would have been nice though, yeah.

>>29822580
Typhlosion's at 78/78/85 for defenses, and he doesn't have Intimidate, and he has worse attacking stats, so it's not AS good, but it's still decent.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478834748053.webm
This is the only proof there is.
>>
>>29822545
The Morning Sun way to go is better. However, it's not going to be good just like that. Having no typing means no resistances, so it's easier to brute force through. Plus, losing Fire typing means it can be burned on top of the other statuses to wear it down.
>>
>>29822643
No resistances isn't as big a deal when you're already out - being able to get status'd is definitely going to suck though.
>>
>>29822545
>will-o-wisp stalling
when will-o-wisp only does 1/16 per turn this gen
>>
>>29822643
>Burn

You could just keep Flash Fire, since Will-o-Wisp will protect you from Physical attackers anyways if you're going the Morning Sun route.
>>
>>29822662
>stalling
>when you have 110 Atk

WoW is just used to make him bulkier.
>>
>>29822569
Normal doesn't have resistances either, so it's really just a win.
>>
>>29822545
What's Burn Out's base power?

Also...while it sounds OK defensively, It seems like a bit of a shame to lose out on offensive STAB from high base power fire attacks, assuming you run an offensive set....hell, even defensively, the extra 50% boost in chip damage can still make a difference.
>>
>>29822643
>Having no typing means no resistances
The alternative is being Normal type instead, as we all thought before this revelation, so Typeless is better nonetheless.
>>
>>29822710
>What's Burn Out's base power?
130 BP.

So with STAB, it's essentially a 195 BP Nuke that only makes you lose weaknesses and a Fairy resist (since despite Fire having 6 fucking resists, all the rest suck).
>>
>>29822545
>assault vest
lol

This is merely one more set on a mediocre at everything pokemon. Bravo.

>>29822710
burn out is base 130 with 100 acc.
>>
>>29822643
Burn doesn't wear things down anymore
>>
>>29822737
Arcanine would appreciate being Normal type though so it could use stab extreme speed.
>>
>>29822737
But normal would at least give us STAB extremespeed and ghost immunity
>>
>>29822746
>ice resist bad
>>
>>29822767
Source?
>>
Would've been tons better if Arcanine went to Normal type and could blast off STAB Extremespeeds after nuking with Burn Out.

He'd be trading 3 common weaknesses for a different common weaknesses, too, while gaining an immunity to ghost.
>>
>>29822747

Can't wait to 6-0 you with Burn Out Arcanine doing the most work.
>>
I sure can't wait for hackers to show up with their Wonder Guard Arcanines and Wonder Guard Typhlosions with Burn Up, a Leppa Berry and Rest.
>>
>>29822777
STAB Extreme Speed would be nice but not so nice that it's worth trading up a Fighting Weakness for it.

>>29822783
Ghost immunities are literally useless for everything except switching in, which Typeless Arcanine can't do - this is doubly true since Ghost/Fighting coverage is the most common coverage used by Ghost types.
>>
>>29822792
Ice resist isn't exactly "bad", but for Tanky Arcanine it's not terribly useful. No Ice Type will EVER be switching in, so we don't have to be worried about STAB Ice Beam, and any other type would be using their STAB move instead of Ice Beam anyways.
>>
>>29822809
I think most people presumed before this that Burn Out would remain for the rest of the battle, which I would've been quite OK with.

>>29822747
Physical or Special?
>>
>>29822795
>immunity to ghost
literally doesn't matter if you can't switch into ghost moves
>>
>>29822831
Physical. It would have been AMAZING if it had lasted the rest of the battle, cause whether it was Typeless or Normal he'd have lost his SR weakness - but instead, if he switches out we can just use our 130 Physical STAB attack again off of 110 base Atk.
>>
Stop trying to slap assault vest on everything.

Seriously the standard utility lefties/helmet wisp morning sun+ 2 attacks is the way to go, you just need to outspeed Jolly bisharp and you are fine and dandy in this generation thanks to wisp+intimidate.

Don't pull a Verlsify and slap AV on everything, that shit sucks major ass unless you tailor made it to a Pokémon to switch in/lure a threat. Stop with the fucking Assault Vest faggotory.
>>
>>29822875
>bitches about asspull vest
>op specifically mentions you don't need assbergers vest

I hate AV as much as everyone else too anon, but at least read before you shitpost
>>
>>29822824
Fairy and bug resist are great though, bulky Arcanine is great as a rocky helmet user thanks to intimidate bug resist and cucking fairies straight is great no matter where you are.

Burn out is cool, but if I team build I do it with Arcanine as a fire type, not as a sturdy shedninja type of archetype.
>>
>>29822545
are you reatarded? if its normal type, then it can still be fucked up by fighting types...

idiot
>>
File: MwMCEor.png (252KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MwMCEor.png
252KB, 1022x1024px
>>29822962
>>
>>29822962
Dude watch the webm here: >>29822633

Typhlosion was not hit supereffectively by arm thrust. You do not gain Normal type as a result of losing Fire type.
>>
>>29822545
Can Flareon at least move up to UU now?
>>
File: tumblr_lj9d6mC7fQ1qb6e5oo1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x144px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj9d6mC7fQ1qb6e5oo1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x144px
>>29823021
I am so, so sorry...
>>
>>29822800
lol
>>
>>29822767
I believe you are mistaking the scald burn nerf for a general burn nerf friendo
>>
>>29825376
Scald wasn't nerfed, burn in general was. 1/16 damage each turn.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.