[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who will the next playable Pokémon fighter be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (561KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561KB, 1920x1080px
These are shaping up to be the three most likely candidates to be playable in the next iteration of smash, whether it be a port of smash 4 or an entirely new game.

My bet is going on both Decidueye and Buzzwole to be two new reps for pokemon.

Who do YOU think will get in?
>>
Definitely Decidueye but Buzzwole would be fun too
>>
>>29818942
Tapu for sure its the tapu with the most planned out design
>>
File: Marshadow.png (651KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Marshadow.png
651KB, 854x480px
my only choice.
>>
>>29818942
Post yfw it's Marshadow
>>
>>29818988
>>29818992
this
>>
File: IMG_3477.png (67KB, 225x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3477.png
67KB, 225x204px
>>29818942
>thinking owl will be in smash
>and luchalitten wont
>>
>>29818988
I'd like to be able to fight using the martial arts ghost Chao.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x500px
I could definitely see the duel repping of Decidueye and Buzzwole, since one is the most popular pokemon in the game (basically the greninja of this gen) and the other is a super popular character in a pokemon that isn't a pokemon, but a new species all together, opening the relm of posibilities and variety in pokemon representation through smash. Gonna be lit wither way, at least one of these two will definitely be playable
>>
Incineroar would be better than Decidueye based on it's design, but Decidueye is the pushed starter of this gen and wold fill the triangle so yeah probably it.

Alternatively by the time the next Smash comes out (assuming it isn't in a port) we'll probably be about at gen 8.
>>
thats if Gen7 is still relevant by the time Smash5 is in development, Just look at Edgy Lucario from Gen5 that would've been playable if Gen5 was the latest in the series but then Gen6 happend and Sakurai chose a new face.
>>
>>29819049
>>29819016
Just like Chesnaught got in over Greninja for being a fighter, right?
>>
>>29819049
>>29819053
If this is the case, then I can totally see Sakurai adding the gen 8 greninja equivelant, as well as Buzzwole to reb gen 7 and the UBs, since I kind of feel like they might not return in the future
>>
>>29819053
Lucario was in Sm4sh along with Greninja?
>>
>>29819053
aparentely there is a new smash coming in the next 6 months, most likely a remaster/directors cut from the previous game and wll probably have some improvements, and considering that Sakurai added Corrin as a way to push an unreleased fire emblem game is very likely that we get a new pokemon character in order to push Sun/Moon
>>
Which Pokemon is an anime swordsman?

Cause that one.
>>
>>29819092
He's talking about Zoroark
>>
>>29819145
Bisharp it is!
>>
>>29819053
There's been numerous reports that a Smash Switch is in development, its just a matter of whether it will be a pure port or an upgraded one.

As for a new Pokemon rep, if there is one, Decidueye is the most likely choice not just because of his typing, but also his unique status as a 'Sniper'; I imagine he'd play somewhere in between Pit, Bayonetta and 'Wing Kirby' from Superstar.
>>
>>29819092
i think he meant zoroark
>>
Zydog or Silvally have better chances than all three of those. Except maybe Tapu Koko.
>>
>>29819342
>Delusion
>>
>>29818942
Buzzwole is TOO BIG

Really though, I think Decidueye and Tapu have a better shot.

>>29819342
>Zydog
Haha OKAY, buddy.
>>
File: Silvally-Evolution.png (412KB, 670x669px) Image search: [Google]
Silvally-Evolution.png
412KB, 670x669px
>>29818942
Stats don't live up to the hype unfortunately, but it could work as a decent fighter.
>>
>>29819213
>Bisharp will never be playable in smash or Pokken
Feelsbadman
>>
>>29819419
I feel like Mini-Arceus is a better Smash character on paper than in practice, and his ability would be really hard to implement.
>>
File: KIqvC.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KIqvC.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>29818942
life as a squirtle main is suffering
>>
Here are our options, assuming that nothing before Gen 6 has any chances of being playable (looking at you, Pichu, Gardevoir, and Sceptile):

1. We don't get a rep for Gen 7. We get one for Gen 8 instead.

2. Decidueye is our Gen 7 rep, because it is the first fully-evolved Grass Starter. Much like Greninja, it is chosen *not* because of popularity, but because of executive meddling.

3. Silvally is our Gen 7 rep, being the first fully-evolved quadruped fighter with access to many different moves at its disposal, a design that emphasizes its jack-of-all-trades nature, and lore that doesn't make out to be as quite legendary as we thought, but still on the level of Lucario. Much less likely than Decidueye, but still possible. Worst case scenario, it's a Pokeball Pokemon not unlike Deoxys, Darkrai, or Genesect.

4. Alolan Raichu, or some other Alolan 'Mon that isn't Ridley-tier. Don't be surprised if Game Freak wants to shoehorn more Gen 1 stuff into a Smash game.

5. My wild card: The Pokemon Trainer, except he/she jumps into the fight themselves. I spoke about this in another thread once where they use a different assortment bag items and HM moves for attacks and mobility, and come in various outfits referencing the default wear of the male and the female in each game. It's literally Villager 2.0 in quirkiness with a dash of Wii-Fit Trainer in athleticism.
>>
>>29818942
Kartana would be cool, unfortunately the UBs are bound to be very divisive so I don't think any of them will be chosen.
>>
>>29818942
>Buzzwole
I really doubt that considering its version exclusive. Silvally and lycanroc seem more likely considering GF are pushing them.
>>
>>29819049
>but Decidueye is the pushed starter of this gen
Game Freak really doesn't show it then

I doubt Gen 7 is going to get into Smash anyway
>>
>>29819077
Chesnaught barely even qualifies as a Fighter. Steel would have suited it far better.
>>
>>29819049
>Decidueye is the pushed starter of this gen
>Ash has Incineroar and Rowlet in the reference sheets
>Litten is always the one the male character picks in trailers/commercials
>that completely unnecessary typing and signature move overlap with Dhelmise
Decidueye is definitely not a higher-up's favorite.
>>
In Smash? It'll probably be Decidueye or Incineroar.

In Pokken? If they make a Pokken 2 I can easily see Incineroar and Buzzwole.
>>
>>29818942
Mimikyu
>>
>>29820117
>>29820215
As far as the game is concerned, Decidueye makes the most sense since Kukui will use the one strong to yours in the championship fight, and he has a luchador thing going on.
>>
File: Bill.gif (465KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.gif
465KB, 500x280px
>>29819038
>the other is a super popular character in a pokemon that isn't a pokemon, but a new species all together
Except the Ultra Beasts ARE Pokémon
>>
>>29820315
>pick litten
>inceneroar is a heel, basically a bad guy
>kuikui is a face, the good guy
>you are the antogonist
>>
File: Silvally Reveal.png (534KB, 670x669px) Image search: [Google]
Silvally Reveal.png
534KB, 670x669px
>>29820215
Ash getting Incineroar isn't confirmed. Might be Mallow's since she uses its belt to cook.

They've shown the male character picking the other starters too?

I think any competitive shortcomings Pokemon have just boil down to incompetence on GF's part.

Some evidence for Rowlet being the pushed starter:
>Ash confirmed gets, is even his first Pokemon in the region
>Silvally's reveal art showed him as a fire type
>Kukui gets the starter strong against yours, Incineroar easily fits him the best
>>
File: 59598248_p1.png (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
59598248_p1.png
1MB, 3000x3000px
Tsareena so they can have it stomp the cameraman when it wins/loses.
>>
>>29820416
>I think any competitive shortcomings Pokemon have just boil down to incompetence on GF's part.
I dunno about that. I feel like after Greninja they tried to make sure the starters weren't too good. This is especially apparent with Primarina's HA, which feels like something they went out of their way to make useless.

That aside though, I think I remember them showing the MC picking Rowlet at some point.
>>
File: portrait03.png (135KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
portrait03.png
135KB, 670x402px
i cant shake the feeling this guy has a chance, if a really tiny one

>already getting merchandising
>all over the promotional videos
>Team Rocket's and Lusamine's main Pokemon
>>
>>29818942
Currently there are no type overlap with the pokemon roster
Pikachu-Electric
Jigglypuff-Normal/Fairy
Mewtwo-Psychic
Charizard-Fire/Flying
Lucario-Fighting/Steel
Greninja-Water/Dark
Incinaroar would overlap
Buzzwole would overlap
All Topus overlap
Decidueye does not overlap and he's something they don't have.
I'm sure it'll be him IF they add new character for a SSB4 port on switch or if they make a new Smash for switch before Gen8
>>
>>29820519
Why isn't Tsareena Lusamine's main? She's literally tailor made for Lusamine.
>>
>>29818988
>>29818992
Pokeball Pokemon and you know it

And that's even if it's revealed by then

It took them 3 fucking years to officially reveal volcanion
>>
Buzzwole definitely is leading in terms of "fighter designed" for this gen.

...Now I wanna see a Buzzwole and Mewtwo beat the shit out of each other.
>>
>>29820797
this works further if you look at the final smashes that turn pokemon into megas
Mega Charizard X-Fire/Dragon
Mega Lucario-Fighting/Steel
Mega Mewtwo Y-Psychic
Why not Mega Mewtwo X? Because it's a fighting type and we already have one with Lucario
>>
>>29819053
Greninja was made for smash Bros before pokemon.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.