[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked up SM Stats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: sunmoon stats.jpg (1MB, 1783x2880px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon stats.jpg
1MB, 1783x2880px
>Rowlett
Higher HP than Litten and Popplio. Decidueye doesn't gain HP upon evolving. Primarina ends up being the one with the most HP.
>Incineroar
Loses 30 speed points upon evolving
>Lycanroc Midnight
Gains defense rather than speed upon evolving, which makes its "signature" move (Counter) less effective since it receives less damage from moves that don't OHKO it (because even then it is pretty frail). Also Counter has negative priority so it being slow doesn't help with it at all.
>Crabominable
Loses Speed upon evolving and its defenses aren't that great, making it a slow, frail ice type which is a death sentence to any pokemon.
>Lurantis
Slow pure grass type with subpar bulk. Its signature is a physical solar beam yet it'll hardly ever survive two turns since it has tons of weaknesses
>Morelul
Base 50 HP and base 130 defenses makes Innnars Out really hard to use since lots of things can't OHKO it, meaning they won't get much damage when it faints.
>Palossand
Base 75 Sp.Def makes Water Compaction nearly useless since most water types are special attackers
>Zygarde 100%
Only stat that changes is HP, which is not really a good thing sine Power Construct activates when 50% Zygarde's HP goes below half.
What's up with all these weird stat changes upon evolving and awkward stats distributions that go against the pokemon's intended gimmick?
>>
File: awooooo.png (178KB, 680x785px) Image search: [Google]
awooooo.png
178KB, 680x785px
No no I appreciate the fact nightruff isn't abysmally slow like most of gen 7. I'll happly take scarfed no guard stone edge over even less speed
>>
>>29814784
>Lurantis
>Slow pure grass type with subpar bulk. Its signature is a physical solar beam yet it'll hardly ever survive two turns since it has tons of weaknesses

On top of all that, it's completely outclassed by Tsareena, another Gen 7 pure-grass type, in every way.
>>
>>29814784
Is there a similar list for moves and abilities?
I want to know the new moves/abilities and the buffs and nerfs for old ones.
>>
File: 1461110564247.jpg (35KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1461110564247.jpg
35KB, 325x346px
>>29815186
Its just not fair...
>>
The one I'm disappointed in Pyukumuku. With its ability, I thought it was going to be like Wobuffet, having high HP and low defenses. Instead, it has low HP and high defenses. It also has a pointless base 60 attack stat, which all it does is make itself hit itself harder in confusion
>>
>>29815186
>Tsareena
You mean Serperior right?
With contrary but worse stats it's just UU serp.
>>
>>29815186
Let's not forget that the only move it gets to abuse Contrary is Leaf Storm despite it's best stat being attack.

Seriously if it had 90-100 speed and Superpower/Hammer Arm you'd have a decent mon but this is bullshit. What were they thinking. I'm legitimately upset about some of these design choices. Vikavolt being a close second.
>>
>>29814834
You're that one fag that was saying scarfed nightshit is better than a Machamp with Stone Edge a while back aren't you?
>>
Not even a tourneyfag but most Gen 7 generation are utterly abysmal

They big majority have one of the following or a combination of some of them and sometimes even ALL of them

>Slow
>No bulk
>No offense
>Slow and no bulk but tons of offense
>Barren movepools
>Shitty abilities
>Cool abilities but no way to use them properly

If you aren't a Tapu or a Ultra Beast you are most certainly a shitmon.

I seriously have no idea what the fuck Gamefreak was doing this generation. It's Gen 3 all over again in terms of Pokemon stats quality.
>>
>>29815186
tsareena only has 70 speed too, i was expecting a grass mienshao
I really don't know what they were thinking
Low speed is ok if you have the bulk to back it up, which just isn't the case with the majority of alola mons. The ones that do have high defensive stats all have shit hp so theyre not as bulky as theyre seem. none of it makes any sense
>>
Do we know about egg groups yet?
>>
>tfw Araquanid will only be good in the eventual SM difficulty hacks

Such a cool design marred by crap stats. It's not even that good as a support or setup Pokemon outside of using Spider Web.
>>
>>29815719
No? And technically it would be better than machamp in that case considering the mutt gets stab from stone edgy and more speed. Bulk wise...not so much
>>
>>29815721
Keep in mind that for VGC Doubles, all they have to worry about is facing anything found in Alola. In that case, the slower, more 'balanced' stats aren't quite as terrible.

I'm guessing Gamefreak FINALLY noticed the terrible power creep that ruined Gen 5 and pervaded the sixth and are trying to balance things, but it's half-assed.
>>
>>29815991
And then it becomes meaningless because VGC18 will allow NatDex and will most likely also bring back Megas too.

Quality "balance" there.
>>
>barely any of these pokemon introduced that arent a tapu or an ultra beast are practically guaranteed to be UU or below on smogon tiers
>or outright useless in VGC despite many of these pokemon designed to be used in the fucking official format like passimian or oranguru
>even the boxart legends are meh at best with lunaala threatening some things in ubers now that darkrai is dead on arrival
>VGC will be plagued with gainsquitos and mega salamence because practically nothing is fucking usable

i honestly hope whatever godawful set of games we get after this dont bring more pokemon into the metagame. we wont see a single gen 7 mon if we can go back to genies and pdon
>>
>>29815721
I miss Gen 5 stat layouts.
>>
>>29815721
At least gen 3 gave us a lot of great mons and a lot or good mons like Salamence, metagross Blaziken Swampert Milotic Breloom Manectric Sharpedo ludicolo etc. Gen 7s cover legends don't even look good.
>>
>>29815991
There is zero point to trying to come down off the power creep because they're not going to fix the Pokémon that already exist because of it. Nerfing Bravest Bird and Mega Mom isn't going to do jack shit in the long run because the power creep has existed since Gen 5 but honestly things only went to shit in Gen 6 with Megas.

GF literally has a single brain cell and evidently it wasn't on site for SM's production.
>>
Wait for gen 8 for GF to add+ 30 speed to many gen 7 pokemon
>>
oranguru is going to be outstanding in vgc
>>
ARISE!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.