[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... We can all agree this man should stick to getting Masuda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

File: 300px-Shigeru_Ohmori.png (168KB, 300x482px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Shigeru_Ohmori.png
168KB, 300x482px
So... We can all agree this man should stick to getting Masuda his coffee and never EVER be involved in the making of a Pokemon game>
>>
File: games.jpg (576KB, 1262x2220px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
576KB, 1262x2220px
SM are literally better than all of Masuda's games
>>
>>29814114
This fuck needs to learn that more story does not inherently make a game better.
>>
>>29814151
Basically this
In comparison with other firsts games, this feels lackluster feature-wise
It doesn't feel like a gen jump
>>
>>29814151
You all whined about the story now want no story. Weird.
>>
>>29814151
It's nowhere near as bad as BW's story
>>
>>29814181
Are you kidding? The overworld is such a huge revamp in every way besides small familiar details they probably kept for comfort's sake like the sound effects and the way people still turn like they're sprites even though they're full 3d models that should probably be animated when turning. I have a hard time remembering it's a Pokemon game looking at the overworld. The in-game battles didn't change much aesthetically but the overworld had the biggest jump ever.
>>
>>29814138
He ended Masudas work. Only kept in xy in the mega verse. He actually uses rby in canon too with Reds age. The Ohmori universe is deeper yet also connected to the first games.
>>
>>29814181
It's literally the first game without terrible chibis and HMs

That alone makes it better
>>
>>29814138
>First person to make a first version of a gen since 3
>It's the best yet

A P O L O G I Z E
>>
>>29814235
>>29814257
People are LOOKING for things to bitch about
>>
>>29814138
please get morimoto back for the diamond/pearl remakes
>>
>>29814138
>masuda's games are some of the worst in the franchise

wow!
>>
>>29814257
That's not much though
I just had higher expectations
>>
Masuda is husbando.
>>
>>29814138
>Leaving out Green because it's not American
>>
>>29814114
t. speedcuck
>>
>>29814114
He did a good job with S/M
>>
>>29814349
What exactly where you expecting?

There's so many other details like trainers being in the battles, you for once not being the only person in the entire world with different types of Pokeballs, non-special trainers using gimmicks like Z-Moves and Mega Evolution, etc.
>>
>>29814257
>terrible chibis
kys
>>
>>29814433
You're a fucking stupid faggot if you actually think XY/ORAS Chibis were acceptable in any way
>>
>>29814302
>morimoto for sinnoh remakes
>not kawachimaru
Did you not play platinum
>>
>>29814413
It's executed in a really bland way and the world has a crap feel to it. I like all the ideas but want them in a more fleshed out game that doesn't feel like a hallway simulator without the hallways.
>>
>>29814447
You're an autist if you sperg this much about chibis.
>>
>>29814466
he's good at remakes
>>
>>29814471
Could you GIVE any more vague and totally abstract complaints besides "it's just shit"?
>>
>>29814475
They were shitty versions of sprites
>>
>>29814138
We need pre-Smartphone era's Masuda back. He was a good director until he thought that "people need easy games". Pokémon difficulty was always random but more easier than harder but we Smartphone era came, Masuda fucked up the franchise.
>>
>>29814475
You're an autist if you defend fucking chibis
>>
>>29814475
Looks like you are the autist here. No one liked that shit.
>>
>>29814528
You're an autist if you bitch about them. Looks like we're at an impasse, huh?
>>
>>29814528
There weren't even chibi in XYORAS, autist-kun.
>>
>>29814547
Kill yourself dude.
>>
Pokémon s/m best game of universe pokémon
>>
>>29814525
None of Masudas games are good

FRLG doesn't even count because it was a remake with lazy as fuck additions, even ORAS were better remakes of RS
>>
>>29814554
>>29814547
Shut your fucking mouth. Delete your posts.
>>
File: chibi.png (490KB, 1500x720px) Image search: [Google]
chibi.png
490KB, 1500x720px
>>29814554
Like 90% of the game was
>>
>>29814567
>>29814589
fuck he got me brb killing self
>>
>>29814589
hue
>>
>>29814603
delete this
>>
>>29814138
Its true. SM could be a lot better but it was still slightly better than XY.

What I need is for Morimoto to step up to the direction bat more often.
>>
pokémon sun and moon best game
>>
>>29814603
who thought this was a good idea in the 3D generation. probably fucking masuda
>>
so we need a combination of Unno, Kawachimaru, and Morimoto to get the perfect amount of post-game content then....

Ohmori's already made a vast improvement through SM by getting rid of HMs. That alone is a good start.
>>
>>29814138
Is this chart accurate? I remember Masuda being Platinum director and while he directed FRLG, Tajiri looked through everything, because it was the remake of his games.

Theres no answer for SM yet because people are still discovering shit. Give it a month and we will see.
>>
Why do you westernfags hate chibi so much? Are you afraid you'll lose testosterone if you like cute things?
>>
>>29814674
Probably the same person who thought keeping Hoenn's blockiness in 3D was a good idea

>>29814683
That slap whoever thought it was a good idea to spend two games alluding to lore and new content before just dropping everything and starting a new gen.

And stop bringing up the Battle Frontier if you're not going to re-implement it.

>>29814710
I don't hate it, but SM's is so much better that I don't miss it at all. It's great seeing my custom trainer's full sized model at all times.
>>
>>29814138
Morimoto Unno team up WHEN
>>
>>29814151
This has part of true, although I really enjoy the SM plot. Is simple and I've seen it a million times, but it is cute and comfy, and I need no more in that regard.

I think they had good ideas and were more or less headed in the right direction, but they need to go even bolder without going overboard. This gen has been kind of a mixed bag between bolder and overboard. I do think future gens will be good.
>>
>>29814800
Yeah, i know, that was just a damn, unnecessary tease in ORAS I couldn't stand.

The only thing I could think as to WHY the BF wasn't in ORAS, was because that was Emerald exclusive.
I promise you though, the BF has to return for DP remakes. It just fucking has to because that's the generation it really took off, more so than it did in Emerald.

And the Underground. That shit better return cause I can get fucking lost in there for days, enjoying treasure hunting.
>>
>>29814114
Yes.
>>
>>29814710
It's not even cute, just ugly.
>>
>>29814827
Those two + Kawachimaru. Keep Ohmori around to make sure HMs don't come back.
>>
>>29814888
>underground returns
>it's just a reskinned festival plaza
>>
>>29814683
The first games of a Gen will never have a good postgame regardless of who directs it since they keep all the cool stuff on the backburner to sell third versions and remakes, but those 3 know how it's done. Just don't expect the first version to have anything more than a short episode postgame.
>>
>>29814888
They said it was because they thought it would be too intimidating to the smartphone generation

I personally don't believe that and think they just couldn't be assed to do it with the amount of time they had to make the game.

Having a character from the Emerald BF reappear while still not bringing the feature back was something I was not expecting and comes of as completely tone deaf given how much shit they got for it last time.
>>
>>29814948
DON"T DO THIS GF, DON'T OHMORI
>>
>>29814888
ORAS had a pretty rushed development, it was made from scratch in less than a year. My money's on the BF not being there mainly because there wasn't time to make it so they slapped the Maison in again and called it a day. Same for the blockiness, there wasn't time to redesign the general aesthetics of routes so they just remade them 1:1 with the GBA games to save time given all the other shit they had to include in a small space of time.
>>
I'd pay so much money to see Tajiri make another game.

I'm not a genwunner, I just love the guy and would love it even more to see what he would come up with this side of the millennium.
>>
>>29814952
I'm glad they at least added gym* rematches this time. ORAS was was the finale of Gen 6 and they couldn't be assed to do that.

*yes, they're fucking gym leaders, that's what they functionally are
>>
>>29814114
I want Kawachimaru team-up with Unno to do gen IV and V remakes
>>
>>29815146
Is SM the first ever first-version to have Gym Leader rematches?
>>
>>29815017
Ugh, fuck the whole "can't design games like how we used to because smartphone generation". As if the smartphone users are gonna even play, let alone buy the system required for the games. Nintendo needs to keep that demographic separate and away from their home systems. Toxic bunch anyways.
>>
Do we know what those empty lots on the map ended up being for?

>>29815169
XY had them, but they were really half-assed. SM is the first to have the kind you would expect from 3rd versions
>>
>>29815197

Go talk to Masuda on twitter about it. When S/M comes out say you love it but wish it was longer or that there was more content. I'm 100% serious if enough people will do it GF will accommodate. They might be scrappy devs sometimes, but they are eager to please and genuinely want their fans to be happy with their games.

The problem is they see their audience like this:

New Players = Young kids with limited attention spans, Yokai Watch market, smartphone/iPad generation

Veteran Players = Genwunners.

Masuda and co honestly think they're pandering to the hardcore fans when they drop Gen I references, they don't see the two as being different, so when the reviews roll in and praise the Gen I pandering and say it 'offers something for old fans', they genuinely think this is the case.
>>
>>29814657
>slightly

It's significantly better
>>
>>29814276
Fuck no.
>>
>>29815539
name one thats better
>>
>>29814114
Yes
>>
I want both Ohmori and Masuda to fuck off

I want all of Gamefreak to fuck off, I want Pokemon to be in hands of a competent developer who can actually make proper games and not a half-baked mediocrity

Why must Gamefreak of all companies had to be the one striking a goldmine with Pokemon. Goddammit all.
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>29814221
because you clearly know what that exact anon wanted and wrote
>>
File: evss.gif (528KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
evss.gif
528KB, 160x160px
>>29814114
>b-but it's not his fault about ORAS. It was Masuda who was behing the curtain all the time
Never change, /vp/
>>
>Ohmori's first order of business is getting rid of HMs
>finally gives us the poison legendary and dark gym
He's alright by me. SM was a pretty good effort for his first time building a Pokemon game from scratch.
>>
SM is likely the best gen introduction/first pairs of games ever made.

I'm not joking, when you take a cold hard look at the polish that went into it it's hard to deny this. I still hate them for taking out Dexnav and easy EV training, but the games are a joy to play.
>>
>>29815372
Which is ironic, since Yo-kai Watch is known for being really fucking slow-paced and full of side content (usually fetch quests, though).
>>
>>29814114

All of them suck.

Satoshi Tajiri needs to be the director of Pokémon now.
>>
To be fair I am only sad about the removal of triples and no Lana in the Battle Tree (at least, that we know). Other than that, every other complaint is quite minor. (Super Training, DexNav, Hex Maniac). The rest is all pretty good all things considered.
>>
>>29815685
>I still hate them for taking out ____

I really GF would make a game where we don't have to make a caveat like this, it's the most frustrating thing about them
>>
>>29814138
Here's an idea:
>take the bottom four guys
>put them in a room together
>see what they come up with
That's how you make the best possible Pokemon game.
>>
>>29815598
>competent developer who can actually make proper games and not a half-baked mediocrity
Is there even one that actually fits the criteria?
>>
>>29815774
If they ever do that it'd be for the Switch
>>
>>29815771
Yeah, for every nice feature they add they have to take out another.

Join Avenue from BW2 is back and nicely integrated into the online interface now. In fact, the plaza IS the online interface, kind of weird but I got used to it and now I think I'll enjoy it.
As a side-note, the NPC trainers in the plaza when you are offline have random clothing and customization options, and from my time with it there is a FUCKTON of stuff in the game to wear, plus you can create your own colors to dye white clothing with using berries.

If there's one thing that they seem to have nailed is the character customization, it makes XY's look like a joke in comparison.
>in b4 customization is gone in gen 8
>>
>>29815077
I think if he attempted a new game, there would be more emphasis on mmo esque/open world features, and less of the jrpg route other directors like Ohmori and Masuda have taken.
>>
>>29814840
My problem with the story is that you get stopped every few minutes to sit through really long cutscenes the entire game. I actually enjoy the game and the story, but they should really tone down on the frequency of cutscenes. Even replacing most of them with normal dialogue would be better.

I'd prefer the next game to be a little less linear but it seems that linear with heavy plot exposition is where the series is going.
>>
>>29814114
Someone else should step in and make B A L A N C E and regular P A T C H E S
>>
>>29815809
The boy is still really lacking despite being better than Calem. I'm not looking forward to my Sun playthrough because of that

>>29815828
This is the most annoying thing for me so far, everybody wants to keep showing you shit
>>
>>29815828
Yep.

The region is so good this time, so tightly packed with stuff and it all connects beautifully. Best region design by far.
However, when you are stopped every few steps for a cutscene it kind of takes me out of it. After I was done with Melemele island and got the Tauros, running around freely in circles and checking how everything connects and finding out hidden areas and stuff was the most fun I had yet, during the story itself they prevented me from getting that exploration experience fully.
>>
>>29815816
actually, that would have been really cool
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.