[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 6 mons worth using >a huge chunk of megas >smogfrog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 1458172269300.jpg (47KB, 426x389px) Image search: [Google]
1458172269300.jpg
47KB, 426x389px
>Gen 6 mons worth using
>a huge chunk of megas
>smogfrog
>smogbirb
>smogsword
>luchabirb
>diggersby
>sylveon
>chesnaught
>boo-boo keys

Meanwhile, there is not a single fucking non legendary/UB introduced in gen 7 that will get past UU. Salazzle has a niche as stallbreaker for being able to poison heatran or skarmory but I can't expect stall to be as bad this gen with the nerfs to clefable and quagsire. I guess the new sea urchin and pallosand might be able to break into UU but everything else is ass. The alola mons are more or less all garbage.
>>
>make a clone of arceus
>it's a worthless shitmon
>somehow the fastest thing this gen

why was this allowed
>>
>>29814017
>Meanwhile, there is not a single fucking non legendary/UB introduced in gen 7 that will get past UU
except beauty
>>
>>29814017
Lycanroc-Day, Golisopod, and whatever the anchor is called all still have a shot at UU I'd say.

And what about Morelull's evolution? I still have yet to see anything about it.

>>29814440
Read what you just fucking posted you rube
>>
>>29814440
Beauty isn't a non-legenendary or non-UB. Everything else added this gen is shit. Dhelmise gets 3 stabs and all of them are middling at best. The best starter is just a shittier version of it. Alola forms are all ass. This did nothing to slow powercreep, it just ensures that pokemon like garchomp continue to dominate for more and more years

>>29814502
Emergency Exit is just a marginally improved Defeatist and Lycanroc Day's only mvoes are Crunch, Stone Edge and Accelrock.
>>
>>29814502
whoops that non slipped past me, still no reason to be a cunt
>>
>>29814017
>Palossand

How the fuck
>>
>>29814502
I don't think there's much hope for Lycanroc Day. It has the right stats but its coverage is so ass. Electivire had higher attack than that and couldn't coast by with elemental punches. Lycanroc has to rely on elemental fangs and Crunch, it's not gonna make it to UU even with Accelrock.
>>
File: 1476141240620.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476141240620.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>29814552
>how could a bulky ground with four immunities and reliable recovery possibly be good????
>>
>>29814552
It has a new move called Shore Up that's basically Synthesis but for sandstorm
>>
>>29814017
the new sea urchin is 100% ou, you retarded op
>>
>>29814017
>smogonbirb
Dead, sneaky pebbles make gale wings 100% useless now.

Also stop spouting everything being shit, we've had the game for like two or three days. Toxipex alone looks like a new OU staple.
>>
>>29814548
Emergency Exit also passes on stat boosts apparently
>>
Dumb Trumpposter
>>
>>29814587
Seems alright to me, or am I misinformed that Accelrock is a Rock-type Extremespeed? Don't tell me I've been lied to and it's only Rock-type Quick Attack...?
>>
File: 1478620155984.png (794KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478620155984.png
794KB, 1366x768px
>>29814408
>silvally has 95 speed
>fastest alola mon
Excuse me? (^:

Even then I believe there are at least three or four pokemon faster then it this gen.
>>
>>29814681
>>>/tumblr/

go whine somewhere else, fag
>>
>>29814627
This. Toxapex pairs great with Ferrothorn. It'll be a staple on stall teams
>>
>>29814627
the only way it can inflict damage is if it manages to toxic the foe. Even Chansey has Seismic Toss. What does it do? Baleful/Recover/Toxic Spikes/Taunt? Is that it? Is that the set?
>>
>>29814693
It's only Quick Attack Rock.
>>
>>29814730
Liquidation yo
>>
>>29814732
That fuckin blows. Still if he gets the fangs that's most of his weaknesses covered...damn. Probably still won't be UU. That's a huge bummer, I wanted to use him with Arcanine.
>>
>>29814017
Top most laff, OP.
>>
>>29814739
What does Liquidation do?

>>29814761
It gets thunder and fire, but not ice. Your best bet is Stone Edge/Accelrock/Crunch or Sucker Punch/Your choice of a fang or SR.
>>
File: 1462665403091.jpg (24KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
1462665403091.jpg
24KB, 277x296px
>"""""Competitive""""" Pokemon

Theres been nothing of value since Jun Park won with Pachirisu and LITERALLY nothing from Smogon

Who fucking cares, you're not going to fight anything but copypasted sets from Smogon on battlespot anyways
>>
>>29814804
Most people don't take it that serious and just play for fun. Taking competitive serious for a turn based game with a lot of RNG is pure autism.
>>
>>29814804
you don't have to be a smogonfag to realize this gen is full of shitmons

>>29814739
>Liquidation instead of Scald

explain
>>
>>29814830
True. But as long as people keeps using copypasted Smogon OU sets or the usual legendaries, it's not very fun for those who just play for fun with pokemon they like.
That's why Smogon is fucking cancer.
>>
>>29814856
Who fucking cares, you can use any of them in the story and in the battle tree or in fights against friends
>>
>>29814716
Baneful Bunker/Toxic Spikes
Recover
Venoshock
Toxic Spikes/Scald/Taunt/Liquidation?
>>
>>29814794
Why the fuck would it not also get Ice Fang??
>>
>>29814885
In what way is it smogon's fault that people only use strong mons? VGC and battlespot have nothing to do with Smogon and the only things there are primals and mega milf

>>29814903
Nobody is fucking talking about the story you goddamn retard
>>
>>29814681
That's President Trump for you.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE PIC OF TRUMP KILLED ME WOOOOOO LORD
>>
>>29814932
Because Smogon sets are always the same shit. Very limited variety of both pokemon and moves. If you see certain pokemon you just know what moves they are going to have, even if they have moves that would allow for some variety or more in-depth strategies.
So it's either unfair because overpowered or the opposite, boring because predictable.
>>
>>29814903
You can use a Farfetch'd in the story, that doesn't mean anything. You think when kids played against each other in R/B, they used Farfetch'd? Fuck no. This is pretty much the same shit.
>>
>>29814932
No matter what competitive mode you play it's going to be dominated by copy pasted sets that make everything unfun, so why fucking play it?
>>
>>29814856
if you're running toxic spikes and baneful bunker, liquidation is probably the better choice
>>
>>29815013
then don't play it? I don't like football, i don't go up to people who like football and bitch about how it's gay.
>>
>>29814017
But half of the gen 6 mons you listened are shitmons, OP. Hawlucha, Diggersby, Sylveon, Chesnaught and Klefki are competitively trash.
>>
>>29814702
Yeah

the only pokemon to break 100 speed are a Bee, pika clone 5.0, and Route 1 dog
>>
>>29815010
Hey don't shit on my broduck. It actually got a nice buff that while not spectacular, somewhat makes it not suck so much. It might even be able to do something useful with Z-moves.
>>
>>29815060
All of those are BL or better, except for Chesnaught, which is UU. You don't hit shitmon territory until you get to lower RU

>>29815062
Togedemaru or w/e it's called doesn't break 100 speed
>>
>>29815100
Please tell us how your broduck will be worth using in any capactity over Staraptor or Dodrio
>>
>>29815100
I'm just saying this gen has been disappointing in terms of mons. They look fine, but most of them don't seem very effective. I'll try to make them work but I don't know how well it'll go.
>>
>>29815140
The power of bros can make miracles happen. I've swept teams with megas using a maractus, the other player isn't always perfect controlling their ubers.
>>
>>29815062

Also salazzle has that crispy 117 speed. I could see UU or BL, maybe OU.
>>
Kommo-o is going to pretty good when we get move tutors. Dragon Dance/Drain Punch/Outrage/Poison Jab lets it hit everything at least neutrally except for aegislash

So let's hope Pokemon Eclipse gives it Drain punch
>>
>>29815302
Lol eclipse it will be DP remakes son.
>>
>>29814017
Can't wait for full dex tournaments to start so everyone shits on SM and alolautists get BTFO big time.
>>
>>29815346
They're going to skip Gen 4 remakes and give use Pokemon Grey

the name of the game now is "do the opposite of what the world is expecting"
>>
>>29814660
alone is right lmao
>>
>>29815114
Nigga even NU mons can be competitively useful. Quagsire and Gastrodon are awesome and underrated.
>>
>>29815386
Shit I think you're right. No one's guessed what the next games were going to be since Platinum at this point. Even ORAS came a gen later than most people expected.
>>
>>29815302
Get real, it will get close combat added to its egg moves, outrage, maybe thunder punch and aqua tail, but drain punch is unlikely.
>>
how is emergency exit like defeatist

a one-time switchout isn't a permanent stat debuff

emergency exit can actually work to your advantage with all the priority it gets IF you can leverage a potential switchout versus the opponent doing something non-offensive on his turn
>>
>>29815486
Quaggsire is shit now
>>
>>29815517
The only non-fighting quadruped to get CC is arcanine, so that's unlikely. The stage 1 form is pure dragon. It's guaranteed to get Superpower, but CC is unlikely as an egg move. Drain Punch doesn't seem so farfetch'd considering how vast your average dragon's movepool is.

>>29815562
>emergency exit can actually work to your advantage with all the priority it gets IF you can leverage a potential switchout versus the opponent doing something non-offensive on his turn
Because it's slow as dick. What's going to happen is this:
>Comes in
>First Impression
>Then the opponent outspeeds it and takes it below 50, and it's forced to switch out
>Your new mon comes in and takes SR damage
>Golisopod comes back and takes SR damage
>First Impression
>It dies

that's it. That's all it can do. It's going to have one gimmick set of FI/Aqua Jet/Sucker Punch/Filler
>>
>>29815629
Mudales and Staraptor learn Close Combat dumbass.
>>
File: 1402271686868.jpg (58KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1402271686868.jpg
58KB, 720x439px
>>29815712
>implying staraptor is a quadruped
>>
>>29815629
yes it is fucked by SR but that is every bug type without steel in it's typing

I see events more like:
open with FI, get hit or provoke switch. IF hit and dropped to less than 50% (probable against a poor but not disastrous match), free switch to counter. If enemy switches out, you can essentially make an assessment about whether or not you want to ping him turn 2 with priority, or if you think he expects you to switch.

The thing about this ability is that your opponent knows if he bonks you hard enough you auto switch, so this increases the chance he might pull some setup junk expecting you to switch pre-emptively, which gives you the chance to crank him one. If after the setup he now has the power to kill you, oh well. If he just has the power to fuck you up badly... well you just got that free switch into a check.

This is what I'm thinking anyway. I know this sort of process can wind up in weird logic loops but I'm sure this can be used tactically
>>
>>29815563
Not according to >>29814772
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.