[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best they could do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

File: Jan.png (197KB, 567x328px) Image search: [Google]
Jan.png
197KB, 567x328px
Are evil teams a dead meme? I don't think we will ever get a real, authentic serious hardcore evil team with ideals of ending the world ever again.

Personally I think it all ended with Team Galactic. Literally the most based and deadly team out of all the 7 gens. This cannot be refuted.
>>
>>29808781
Sure that Team Flare didn't wanted to make a genocide.
>>
>>29808781
>I don't think we will ever get a real, authentic serious hardcore evil team with ideals of ending the world ever again

Umm....Lusamine is the only team leader that actually did it.
>>
>>29808781
>I don't think we will ever get a real, authentic serious hardcore evil team with ideals of ending the world ever again.

That only happened three times.
>>
>>29808781
Teemphlair was literally a doomsday cult
>>
>>29808781
Flare was as close to Nazis as you can get.
>>
>>29808781
But Team Galactic was bland as fuck, the worst out of all 7 like the rest of its shitty gen.
>>
>>29808814
>>29808844
>>29808931

Team flare wanted to wipe out a region.

Galactic wanted to and came close to wiping out a whole universe with the powers of GODS. The only thing that got in their way was the satan mon himself( going by Platinum lore) Where's your argument now?
>>29808834
But did she try to destroy a universe?
>>29808842
And it needs to happen more. 4/8 evil teams were shit.
>>
>>29809007
>But did she try to destroy a universe?

Not an universe, but Anabel's dialogue implies that most of Hoenn's population is dead. Pretty much only the Frontier Brains, Steven and Wallace probably survived.
>>
>>29809007
Team rocket was your average mafia and ghetsis was a jerk.
Im pretty sure the plot to destroy hole wurl would get pretty boring after a while, what are you even trying to say? That not annihilating a world or universe automatically makes you not evil?
>>
Team Galactic was fucking garbage
>>
>>29809066
I'm sorry but...what

Source? I haven't played the game yet. All I know is that Lusamine did research on some aliens and implied that she wanted to use it for some machine or something. But what the fuck
>>
>>29809066
>but Anabel's dialogue implies that most of Hoenn's population is dead. Pretty much only the Frontier Brains, Steven and Wallace probably survived.
Can you post it?

>>29809007
>you´re only evil if you try to destroy the universe

Lmao
>>
Lusamine is probably right next to Ghetsis when it comes to having a well thought out plan. All the rest were retards.
>>
File: 1478554110758.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1478554110758.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>29809066
>everyone I liked is dead
>>
>>29808781
Team Skull were legit thugs that did their thing for the lulz, the skull members say some seriously edgy shit before you battle them.
>>
>>29808781
>Team Galactic
>authentic serious hardcore evil team
Holy shit, I'm dying. Team Galactic is the least convincing villainous team the series has ever seen, and that's INCLUDING Flare. And both Plasmas.

>ideals of ending the world
What kind of a goal is "end the world," anyway? That's Saturday morning cartoon logic. It's a retarded "ideal" to hold.
>>
>>29809007
No Team Flare was gonna kill every living thing that isnt Team Flare.
>>
>>29809167
Part 1/2

She and looker are fallen
*From another dimension
*In charge of looker
*her hoenn was attacked by Ultra beasts
*Lost most of her memory
*in chargeof Looker

>My name is Anabel. I am the head of a secret division within the International Police. We are the UB Task Force.

>Faller... That is what the International Police calls them. Humans who appear from an Ultra Wormhole... and those who are bathed in a great deal of the energy that pours out from them. She had come through a wormhole. She was from another world. And she was put on our team to help draw the UB to us...

>... and the other one is Anabel. Though I don't think she knows it herself.
Nanu and I, we found her here ten years ago, unconscious on the shore of this very island. We'd just finished our mission here.

>She had lost most of her memories, but four things she could tell us. That her name was Anabel... That she came from the Hoenn region... That she had protected some tower there... And that she was a powerful Trainer...

>Then she was placed under observation by the International Police. All because they detected an insane amount of Ultra Wormhole energy from her.

>It may be that she was wandering lost in the wormhole for some time... Regardless of that, she then entered the International Police herself. And then got promoted right up past you, her senior, is that it?

>Perhaps something in her laments, whether she is conscious of it or not... Perhaps she feels some grief over the fate of the UB, which came to this world just as she did.

>But she is still a Faller. It is her fate to be targeted by the UBs. With a Faller right before them, the UBs will run wild with excitement. No matter how good she might be, everyone has their limits. That is why I had hoped to distract the UBs to divert some of their attention.
>>
>I don't think we will ever get a real, authentic serious hardcore evil team with ideals of ending the world ever again.

GOOD
>>
>>29809007
Did Cyrus rape his children and succeed in destroying the population of an alternate universe?

Cyrus wants the universe to be autistic. Lusamine wants the universe to be devoid of everything she doesn't like.
>>
>>29809239
Part 2/2

The ultra beasts are pokemon from another dimension but they basically have a freak out from being pulled into another dimension and start brutalizing everything. The tears in the dimensional fabric they come through don't just let UBs pass dimensions, it lets human pass as well. Sometimes humans get caught up in this and fall out of portals from another dimension, these are called "fallers". The travel is strenuous on them they get charged with an extra dimensional energy that causes serious amnesia in them and UB's become attracted to that energy radiating from them, causing them to violently hunt fallers.

In a nutshell, the UBs didn't start off by attacking this dimension of Sun and Moon. They actually went and attacked Emerald version first and battle frontier brain Anabel tried to defend Hoenn but failed and was instead sucked through a UB portal into the SM dimensions. This is how Anabel became a faller but she isn't the only one, Looker in ORAS appeared on the spot where the battle frontier of this timeline would eventually be built with amnesia as well. So he appears to be another faller just like Anabel was and both of these things combined with what they tell us lets us know the UBs launched an attack on Emerald Hoenn region. Looker and Anabel both are part of the interpolice section designed to fight UBs because of this.

The UBs are overwhelming powerful the original timelines doesn't have megavolution or Z-moves and powerful trainers like Anabel aren't a match for the ultra beasts. We don't know if the ultra beasts actually successfully destroyed Emerald Hoenn but we do know they at the very least screwed things up there bad, the timeline just lacks anything to really stand up against them with. They could still be around but they certainly haven't been enjoying peace anymore that is for certain and this whole thing reeks of Gamefreak basically trying to give us an in-game reason as to why the original timeline was retconned out.
>>
>>29809170
Aside from teams 'lets drown/dry the shit out of the world what can possibly go wrong', what did the other teams have that made them retarded?
>>
>>29808781
>authentic serious hardcore evil team with ideals of ending the world ever again

Cyrus is literally just an extreme autist whose plan makes no fucking sense and culminates with him wandering around endlessly in a distortion world where nothing happens because "f-fuck emotions im nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor"
>>
>>29809306
"I feel nothing"
>>
>>29809239
>>29809268
What the fuck?

>fucking up the best version of Hoenn

RIP everyone.Deepest Lore.
>>
>>29809007
False. Team Flare's goal was to wipe out all humanity and pokemon to "cleanse the world". It would have left only Team Flare to survive.
>>
>>29809283
They were all blatantly evil. Ghetsis had his front with Team Plasma wanting to liberate Pokemon, while Lusamine had Team Skull who she claimed was the Aether Foundation's enemy when in reality they were working together. Lusamine had the best cover up out of any evil team really.
>>
File: lockstin.jpg (54KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
lockstin.jpg
54KB, 512x512px
>>29809268
well, one world did end after all...
>>
>>29809283
Giovanni's plans weren't really too coherent, but it's Gen I, so let's give it a pass for necessary simplicity.

Team Rocket in Gen II was basically calling out on public, traceable channels for a crime boss to come out of the shadows. Every law enforcement agency in the country knew where they were, and Giovanni would have been stupid to show up.

Literally everything about Team Galactic.

Team Flare isn't actually as retarded when their shtick is explained in detail...it just ISN'T in the games. The XY storyline was horribly presented. Especially if you were playing X, in which Lysandre is using the power of immortality to kill people?
>>
>>29809404
Ghetsis was blatantly evil too though, especially in b2w2
>>
>>29808781
Screw team galatic and screw mr. "End the world because pokemon made me autistic", they were a generic, dumb team.
>>
Isnt Lusamine just Cyrus but less insane?
>>
>>29809487
>Especially if you were playing X, in which Lysandre is using the power of immortality to kill people?
I thought it was more about making TF immortal in X
>>
>>29809528
She's a mix of Ghetsis, Cyrus, and Lysandre
>>
>>29809212
> Team Galactic is the least convincing villainous team the series has ever seen
This. I think Cyrus is a good main villain but Team Galactic was too scattered and unfocused to be credible as a threat as big as they are supposed to be.
>>
>>29808781
Team Snagem is definitely the best. Stealing trainers pokemon mid battle and then forcibly making them more evil and vicious. Too bad they didn't really have a goal.
>>
>>29809535
Xerneas is fueling the ultimate weapon.

See what I mean about how nonsensically the plot was conveyed?
>>
>>29809623
>forcibly making them more evil and vicious
That's Team Cipher, Snagem just stole mons. I mean yeah Snagem was just a periphery group of Cipher but still.
>>
>>29809007
And now I've just realised you're an edgy under aged.
>>
>>29809066
>>29809184

What the fuck, did Hoenn get rekt? What the hell is going in SM, I can't wait 8 days to get them ahh.
>>
>>29809535
The machine can kill people regardless of which one is jacked in.
>>
File: [laughter stops].jpg (6KB, 300x147px) Image search: [Google]
[laughter stops].jpg
6KB, 300x147px
>>29809268
>>29809239
Fuck this shit is dark
>>
Why didn't anyone in emerald Hoenn just use F.E.A.R Rattatas against the ultra beasts, if all else failed?
>>
>>29809603
To be fair, they weren't really credible until they started bombing lakes. Even Rowan was giving them shit for being rude little shits than super villainous

That's what made Cyrus a big contrast. Team Galactic were a bunch of Lady Gaga-looking freaks that came off more as a nuisance than a threat until the climax. Meanwhile Cyrus was always taken seriously
>>
>>29809268
Okay I have no idea what's happening, but from what I can gather, I don't think Hoenn was destroyed, since it has apparently been attacked TWICE by the Ultra Beasts.

The first time was a little after Emerald's events. That's when Anabel was sucked into the Ultra Wormhole and appeared in the megaverse Alola 10 years before SM (hence why she looks about 10 years older than she was in Emerald).

As for Looker, he was perfectly fine in Platinum and BW, both of which canonically happen AFTER Emerald, and considering Hoenn characters appeared in these games, we can infer that Emerald Hoenn was still fine even after Anabel disappeared.

But at some point after BW, Looker seems to have been attacked by the UBs and thrown into the megaverse Hoenn.

Anabel's timeline goes like
Emerald -> UB attack -> Alola 10 years before SM -> SM

Looker's is
Platinum -> BW -> UB Attack -> ORAS -> XY -> SM

So apparently Looker was not only transported to another universe, he also went back in the past.
>>
>>29808781
Why do people like Team Galactic so much? Cyrus was an edgelord faggot. His whole "destroy the universe" shit was retarded and obviously the result of the writers feeling like they had to escalate everything, which can be said about a lot of the aspects of Gen 4, especially the legendary Pokemon.

It's especially ironic to hear you say this when the most "real, authentic serious hardcore evil team" was probably Team Rocket. Ending the world is fucking stupid. Team Rocket were just a really successful crime syndicate.

Aether is cool because they're doing things for reasons other than "we're evil and we want to rule/destroy the world". Like, they're actually moving towards a goal that isn't villain 101-tier simple. They're trying to do something, they're just being villainous at the same time.
>>
Deoxys was the first ultra beast in hoenn
>>
>>29809784
No, wait, nevermind, it's possible that Anabel and Looker were attacked at the same time, both after BW2, but that would make SM Anabel over 30 years old.
>>
>>29809638
That does make sense, though. The Ultimate Weapon can be fueled by the life force of Pokemon and Xerneas is a wellspring of that shit. A power source being used for both beneficial and malicious purposes isn't nonsensical in the least.
>>
>>29809638
Turning Xerneas powers of immortality into death. I don't know I think it fits
>>
>>29809784
How do you figure? Couldn't the attack just have happened after BW, with Anabel still at the Frontier? That could also explain the aging.
>>
so I'm reading this and I'm thinking UBs are canonically stronger then Arceus/Legendaries?
>>
>>29809847
>>29809849
I didn't say it was nonsensical that Xerneas was being used. I was saying that the plot was poorly presented, in that it was easy for someone to walk away from the game confused by what Lysandre was actually doing.
>>
>>29808781
I still think Team Rocket is the best
they are simple, yes, but they did their job
>>
>>29809784

Or the simple answer is that there are multiple universes, and they come from two different timelines that got wiped out.
>>
>>29809922
Yup, I wish they had some presence outside remakes after gen II even if new villanous teams were the main focus, but I guess getting rid of Team Rocket was one more of the many radical changes made to Pokemon after gen II.
>>
File: I'm dissapointed in you Trite.png (398KB, 465x485px) Image search: [Google]
I'm dissapointed in you Trite.png
398KB, 465x485px
Every evil team post Gen 1 (including Gen 2 Rocket) was made up of retarded bumbling grunts with a leader that may or may not be an actual threat. It's hard to take any of the teams seriously when 90% of their representation in the games are legitimately brain damaged until you hit the last fight with the Boss. And even then the Boss might not actually be competent.
>>
>>29809887
Yeah, see >>29809845

At first I just though SM Anabel looked too young, since she was like 12-14 in Emerald, at least 6 years passed between Emerald and BW2, and after that another 10 years passed since Looker's UB attack/Anabel being found in Alola and SM.

But then I remembered that Lusamine is over 40, so detective Anabel being 28-30 is perfectly possible.
>>
>>29809007
t. sinnohfetus
>>
>>29809239
>Nanu and I, we found her here ten years ago, unconscious on the shore of this very island. We'd just finished our mission here.
Who is saying this? Looker?
>>
>>29810038
Well at least this time it makes sense for Skull to be a bunch of bumbling morons, and Aether (not just Lusamine) does feel competent to me.
>>
>>29809804
Dont forget he wanted to create a new world too, somehow. He was basically edgier team flare
>>
>>29808781
>hurr durr braindead team that only have actual goals instead of being a caricature of a nihilism sucks
why is galactic and its fans such a cancer team?
>>
>>29810047
How fucking underage are you? What do you think people in their late twenties look like? SM Anabel looks just right for her age.
>>
>>29809977
>Yup, I wish they had some presence outside remakes after gen II
Oh sweet more gen 1 dick sucking, kill yourself.
>>
Galactic did nothing wrong, so they are not an evil team.
>>
>>29810185
Cyrus wasnt an edgelord he was an autist an extreme autist to the point he wanted to make a universe that was autistic or operated on only logic absolutely no irrationality at all, so it would basically be the universe without life in it in a sense.
>>
>>29809727
Focus Slash didn't exist in Gen 3. Only a 10% chance of working using a band.
>>
>>29808781
Galactic were a bunch of clowns outside of Cyrus.

Aether and Plasma > Galactic
>>
>>29810334
Either that or a universe where is so comfy and perfect that there's no reason for fear and irrationality. We'll never know.
>>
>>29810304
Please no bully, I'm not an expert in anime girls
>>
File: IMG_5502.png (92KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5502.png
92KB, 480x280px
>>29810047
Holy fuck I just went and looked at Anabel's SM model for the first time
literally pic related
>>
>>29810401
Best anime girl.
Was around for two games and a series, had a satisfactory resolution to her story. Pokegirls are an inescapable limbo of suffering.
>>
>>29809239
What part of that dialogue says original Hoenn was attacked? She could have simply get sucked into an Ultra Wormhole on her own (and Looker as well).
>>
>>29809268
This is the worst story in a pokemon game ever
>>
>>29809784
>>29809845
>>29810047
There's also the possibility they plan on retconing Looker's role in the Sinnoh remakes.

I really don't think they discarded all games as a part of the old universe. I think they're doing so only to the games that have already received remake, and will keep doing so as more new remakes are made. For all intents and purposes the events of Gen IV and V as we know it are valid in the Megaverse, at least for now.
>>
>>29809066
Bullshit. That would imply the original universe got retconned.
>>
>>29809239
>>29809268
How the hell is the manga going to do this.
>>
>>29810985
In other words, I think the "current" universe gamefreak uses when creating connections and references is made of whichever are the most recent version of each generation's core games.
>>
>>29810989
Not necessarily. Now that we stepped into multiverse shit for real, it's entirely possible there's both an universe where the original gen 3 games happen and contact with the UB never happens, and a Gen 3 universe where contact does happen.
>>
>>29811008
with the power of autism (I'm not hating on Spe but some of the things they do are kind of autistic).
>>
>>29811053
I guess sinnoh remakes will have us save another world
>>
>>29809268

I miss the single R/B lore. This new lore sound like a edgy fanfic from some underage
>>
Lusamine is just crazy, not evil. She didn't have any real grand plan, she went wild after her husband disappeared due to Nihilego's poison affecting her brain.
>>
Save Hoenn from eco terrorists
Get slaughtered from UB's
>>
>>29811079
Yeah, they wouldn't go there. Knowing TOCi they're going to make it less dark.
>>
>>29811072
>att one point in the Sinnoh remakes you venture into a parallel Sinnoh
>it's actually the Sinnoh from DPPt
>>
>>29811251
>>It switches to 2d graphics and mega-evolution and z-moves are disabled.

Would be neat actually.
>>
>>29811086
>not evil
She has no issue killing her own children and you as well which is what her tentacles were gonna do to you had Lunawhatever not fight her back.
>due to Nihilego
No shes just a horrible person since its implied she treated Lillie and Gladion like shit since they were young.
>>
>>29811086
Is her husband called namely? As in is he ingame?
>>
>>29811483
I don't recall if it is 100% confirmed to be the same person as her husband, but a Professor Mohn who went missing researching the dimensional hole the UBs come from is mentioned.
Mohn is the guy in charge of Pokepelago, though with all this dimension fuckery going on it's hard to tell if it's the same guy or if the Mohns got swapped somehow.
Or even if it is the guy, whether or not he remembers who he is, or if he lost his memories like Looker and Anabel.
>>
>>29809066
>Hoenn is gone
Wait, so Lusamine is good after all?
>>
>>29811879
Fuck off
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.