[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soooo... Its shit right? Anons who have actually played through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: images (27).jpg (47KB, 529x278px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
47KB, 529x278px
Soooo...
Its shit right?
Anons who have actually played through it, whats your opinion?
>>
Yes. Now leave the board.
>>
nah, it's pretty good
>>
>>29808163
>>29808171
C-can, can you elaborate?
>>
>>29808223
They're good, but they could have been noticeably better.
>>
Much better than xy and oras
>>
>>29808136
I'm at the third island and I have enjoyed the game far more than either XY or ORAS. The difficulty has been stepped up at least a bit, the characters are more likeable, the music is top tier, and I'm pretty happy with the game so far.
>>
I'm about to finish it and my thoughts so far are
- game is mostly as easy as XY/ORAS (most NPCs only use 1-2 pokemon) but has occasional spikes and ramps up severely in the late game
- exp share is fixed and you are no longer getting overleveled and stomping everything
- plot is better than XY, about the same level as ORAS/RSE and worse than BW
- writing is actually good for being a pokemon game, with some seriously funny moments and interesting characters
- game is pretty hand-holdy and linear but that's nothing out of the ordinary in pokemon games
- pokemon variety is okay, apart from your staple zubats and pelippers most routes have their own species
- music is good and the world gains a lot from no longer being grid based
- the framerate drops (even with an overclocked n3DS) in doubles is absolutely despicable and is going to be a major annoyance when playing VGC (unless trainers are not present).

Overall, it's good. Better than XY and ORAS in my opinion but nothing mindblowing. Absolutely not as trash as people are trying to make it sound because they are sperging out over slowmons and competitive movepools before a metagame even has started to settle.

I've also never got the postgame complaint when Pokemon have always had unlimited content thanks to team building and playing online or against NPCs in the Battle Tower equivalent.
>>
>>29808136
I'm playing it, about to go to the third island
-The game is harder than XY, as well as ORAS to an extent. What I mean by this is that, while playing with the Share on, it feels about as difficult as playing through ORAS with the Share off. The generic trainers aren't usually much a threat except for the occasional surprises like one that Parafused me and then flinch stalled. Totems are an extreme pain, Wishiwashi summons a partner that uses Heal Pulse on it, while Lurantis has a power herb, and later summons a Castform that sets up sunny day.
-Storytelling feels like BW again, and going by leaks it looks like it doesn't really drop.
-The game still handholds you as much as XYORAS but its a bit less blatant about it, they do a better job of disguising it.
-World is easily the best so far, its hard to actually describe how the routes feel, but its not like any previous ones.
-Using my O3DS, framerate is actually pretty stable in singles, but bring in a third pokemon or more, and it goes to shit. bonus points when an aura is thrown in.

Overall, It may be my favorite introduction games, but it still won't touch Platinum, B2W2, etc. But I didn't expect it to so I'm not upset.
>>
>>29808324
>game is pretty hand-holdy and linear but that's nothing out of the ordinary in pokemon games

Comparatively it is. Even in small ways S/M is way more handholdy than even Gen 6, which had enough of a reputation.
>>
I actually really enjoyed it. My only real complaints are that it's too linear and the framerate is awful in some places.
>>
So can I play it on citra and use jk save manager to import the save when I get the equip official version?
>>
>>29808136
It's better than anything 6th gen gave us. I actually found it pretty fun and the plot, although not uncommon, was pretty nice as far as Pokemon goes. Really enjoyed the soundtrack too. It does lack a good postgame though, and the Pokemon are generally underwhelming with a few exceptions (UBs and Legendaries aside). Overall I would give it something like a 7,5-8/10, but you should really make your own opinion.
>>
>>29808136
Solid pokémon game and I think it's going to be a personal favourite, so I'll keep my pre-order.
If you like to replay and do different runs though it's going to be a problem because the replay value is shit.

Also playing on set without exp share is doing the trick for me regarding difficulty, lost there and there early game since my team was composed by shitmons. After I got coverage moves it became the usual cakewalk, but this happens in every pokémon game that isn't XY for me so I'm not surprised.
>>
Absolute garbage, dont even pirate it
>>
File: 1469874457839.png (116KB, 186x245px) Image search: [Google]
1469874457839.png
116KB, 186x245px
it's a lot anime-y with the Z moves and the constant cutscenes
still if you don't use Z moves the game becomes challenging, especially with the totem pokémons which are often harder than most previous gym leaders
>>
I don't usually mind linearity, but they gave us these great islands to explore, with many alternate routes and branching paths, but they literally had the professor and other side characters leading you along to the next point along your whole journey.

They could have easily let you have a bunch more freedom in choosing which order to take the trials, the levels don't even change that much between when you start and leave an island thanks to the EXP scaling.
>>
Can we get an estimate on your play times?
>>
>>29808136

Has the same issue that Gen 5 and 6 had as the game innterupts you a lot to shove a hamfisted story down your throat, but the pacing of the game is slower than Gen 6 so it doesn't end the moment you blink after a certain point.
>>
>>29808324
>>29808467
These are very informative. I may actually turn on the EXP Share this time
>>
9/10, and Alola is the best designed region by REALLY far, the interconnectivity with little wasted space makes the region a joy to play through, it's tightly packed as fuck.

It's extremely polished and I'm enjoying playing it a lot, I think these are the strongest first games ever made in the series and if they make a SM2 like BW2 and make it chock full of post content then it will be my favorite gen. Even if that doesn't happen it's still really good for a first set of games, much better than XY.
>>
>>29809705
24 hours and I haven't summoned/caught/whatever Lunala yet.

Mind you I've been fucking around with side content, but if you fight most trainers and don't just rush through it you'd probably reach my point in the game within 16-18 or so hours. So probably 25-30 to complete the game.
>>
>>29808265
What does that even mean
>>
>>29808136
fuck off, I couldnt even play
>>
the hand holding is too much imo, there's a cutscene every few steps.

The world feels alright, lots of stuff to explore, but it feels too compact (too much stuff close together, less open spots).

Difficulty so far has been easy, lots of 1-2 mon fights... the occasional spike is hard then (some totem pokemon, later bosses)

All in all I enjoy it (and I'm in for the wifi part anyway... waiting till launch though)

Haven't seen postgame yet but soon I will
>>
My biggest issue with the game is how close the camera is, making it hard to see anything in the direction you are going in most routes, as well as the camera angles.
>>
>>29808136
The story is pure shit I know that much
>>
How are the towns? I like the ones we've seen in pre-release material, they all had personality
>>
>>29811076
they're rather small
>>
>>29811217
Small doesn't matter to me - are they themed? Well designed? Comfy or cool?
>>
>>29811258
honestly they all look the same
>>
>>29811311
someone didn't even play the game yet
>>
>>29811311
>The three or 4 towns we've seen in pre-release stuff are all different
>Bruh they're all the same

Kill yourself.

Also, learn to type with capitals and proper grammar.
>>
>>29811321
I'm currently in the second island and I'm having a hard time remembering the towns' names and what's inside them because they all look the same
>>
does this game have a psuedolegendary?
>>
>>29811368
Jangmo-o
>>
File: (You).png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
194KB, 448x468px
>>29811358
>>
>>29811365
so you've seen two cities so far, damn
>>
>>29808324
>plot is better than XY
Lillie's mommy issues is barely a plot.
>pokemon variety is okay
87 generation one pokemon
>>
>>29810573
It's shit, he doesn't want to admit though because he's a GameFreak Certified bootlicker.
>>
>>29811258
most of them are distinctly themed, ranging from decent to cool.

most of them are pretty small and there's not much to do in them, though.
>>
>>29808324
>worse than BW
nothing is worse than BW and its ham-fisted writing.
>there are literally Plasma members who say "I repeat! We won't tolerate anyone with different ideas!"
>they push the idea that Plasma being good is a facade so hard that they literally show two grunts kicking a baby
>>
>>29811417
>If you like the games you're a shill
>The only emotion or opinion you're allowed to have towards anything is cynicism and contempt

Kill yourself.
>>
>>29811399
Lillie's mommy issues are so much more interesting than "hurr i'm ginger hitler but everyone thinks i'm a good guy but i was evil in the end" and "hurr i'm gonna flood/dry up the world oh shit everything went to hell".

Variety refers to how distinct each routes are. Do you want another Hoenn where half of the routes all have the exact same fucking pokemon?
>>
File: 1476462571895.png (76KB, 210x150px) Image search: [Google]
1476462571895.png
76KB, 210x150px
>>29811358
>>29811452
Wow anon, you look pretty mad. Is there something you want to talk about?
>>
>>29810623
this. the fuckin cia file won't convert to either 3ds or cci,
and no one has it for download ready to go.
I'll just wait another week. No worries.
>>
>>29811472
Lysandre is not Hitler mate, he more like jews who wish to kill all nonjews to repopulate the earth with the chosen people of God.

If you think mommy issues is a good plot then fucking kill yourself.
>Do you want another Hoenn where half of the routes all have the exact same fucking pokemon?
YES BECAUSE I WANT NEW FUCKING POKEMON.
>>
>>29808136
It's pretty fun. I enjoy checking for new effects on the Z-Status moves. Festival is a good time. Been playing it pretty casually and it's been fun. I think if you just burn through it without stopping to smell the flowers, you won't enjoy it that much.

Just take your time and enjoy the experience.
>>
>>29808136
I'm about 10 hours in right now in the Aether Paradise raid part of the game, I'd say it's a decent challenge but I've been rushing through without exploring or fighting much. My team right now is Incineroar, Tsareena and Alolan Dugtrio.

Things that swept me so far: Totem Wishiwashi (I picked Litten), Guzma 1 (Razor Shell -> Emergency Exit -> Fel Stinger from Ariados -> +3 Shadow Sneaks) and Nanu (didn't expect Power Gem on 2 of his mons)
>>
The game's not as easy as last gen but the railroading and handholding is so fucking bad I lose the desire to play everytime a character interrupts me for small shit. Gen 6 wasn't this fucking bad.

Why the fuck do they design these routes and regions when you get handheld the whole fucking way. Shit isn't fun.
>>
>>29811496
>stock 4chan rebuttal
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.