[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Chicken Girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: Chicken (8).png (994KB, 850x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken (8).png
994KB, 850x900px
!!!QUESTION!!!

Does she show up (if you are not playing as her) and if so, what is her name?

Or are we looking at Leaf "NO CANON, NO NAME" 2.0?
>>
No. Not as a character, not even as a cameo, she's not an NPC.

It is literally Leaf again. No name.

BTFO.
>>
>>29806136
fug
>>
i want to FUCK her
>>
The names we're going by for them are Elio and Selene due to the trailers.

It's fits too because H[elio]s = god of sun and Selene = god of moon
>>
Maybe she shows up in the Battle Tree, like Hilda/Hilbert/Rosa/Nate did at the Battle Subway?

>>29806601
Yeah but the autist in me needs proper canonical names.

You say "the name we're going by", but that just doesn't work. Even today "Leaf" is referred to by like 3 different names. The vast majority of players will have completely forgotten the trailer by the time the games are actually out.

Point in case, do you remember any of the player character names in any of the other game trailers? Because I sure don't.

I would say "Sun" works for the boy because of the Demo, except Demo names have always just been placeholders.

Unless, however, we consider the demo Canon, with the female character being the Canon protagonist for the actual game (due to "Sun" having an alternate intro to the Region in the Demo)

Fuck gamefreak, how hard is it to not stick her as an NPC somewhere? They've done it in every game for the past 12 years, why stop now? It just makes things inconvenient for fans.
>>
>>29806734
Because the story was written too tightly focused on Lillie and an extra girl would have been crowd.
>>
>>29806123
>>29806136
Technically, until one of them show up in another game, neither of them are canon, like always
>>
>>29806734
No, she does not show up anywhere, holy fucking shit are you blind or something?

The names in the trailers are Elio and Selene. Nothing else.

Why the fuck are you so intent on forcing this? It's just a fucking name and doesn't impact the story at all. If you want every fucking protagonist to have an identity go read Adventures.
>>
>>29806774
The story this time was clearly written for the male PT.
>>
File: IMG_2569.png (100KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2569.png
100KB, 500x337px
>>29806814
Let me guess, you're claiming that because a female may have romantic feelings for the protagonist, right?
>>
>>29806849
Just like BW was written with Hilda as MC because N was in love with her in BW2.
>>
>>29806774
Right, you're not wrong, but this isn't even really the problem. The problem is that we don't have proper names for them, and if it's true that neither appear as NPC's then it would be the first time since Gen 1 where both characters can't co-exist.
>>
>>29806123
>no canon name

CHICKEN-CHAN LIVES FOREVER
>>
>>29806810
>No, she does not show up anywhere, holy fucking shit are you blind or something?
I haven't played the game, why do you think I am asking, jeez.

>The names in the trailers are Elio and Selene. Nothing else.
Yeah, because the trailers are about as canon as all the other trailers huh.

>Why the fuck are you so intent on forcing this? It's just a fucking name and doesn't impact the story at all. If you want every fucking protagonist to have an identity go read Adventures.
Because every single protagonist in the entire franchise has a definitive default in-game name, (except Leaf who isn't canon) and this will be first time ever where neither of the characters have names.

It's important because we need names to understand who we are talking about. If I say "Hey, I wonder where Hilbert went after the credits", you know exactly what the fuck I am talking about. But with "Elio", the vast majority of people won't know who the fuck you are talking about, because nobody has ever gotten a characters name from the trailers before.

It's also important for navigating websites and tags who use official character names, and right now all the websites I use are using different placeholder names, or no name at all. So yes, there is a fucking reason for wanting to know what their names are supposed to be anon. I don't give a fuck about the characters identity or personality, I just want their name.
>>
>>29806814
>>29806904
It's this meme again.

Stop
>>
>>29806734
If Bulbapedo enforces Elio/Selene, they'll stay in perpetual circulation. They're the ones who proposed Leaf in the first place.
>>
>>29806979
how come we don't call the male protag Fire then?
>>
>>29806904
1) N isn't in love with anyone but his Pokémon. He's apparantly searching for the protagonist of the previous games, but we don't really know his motives for it.
2) Romantic relationships don't have to be straight. Especially with protagonists that can be male or female. Or have you not heard of Fire Emblem Fates? Most recent and best example.
>>
>>29806994
Ask Bulbapedo.

Red *IS* referred to "Fire" by stupid tumblrfags though to separate his brown-hair counterpart from black-hair counterpart, but with SM's release it seems black hair Red is BTFO
>>
>>29806994
Because Red is already a thing.

The FUCKING LEAF didn't really exist back then
>>
>>29807018
And he was black haired in gen 5. Literally goes back and forth.
>>
desu the fact that we have three threads up asking for their names proves GF fucked up

But there is nothing wrong with Elio/Selene as is, it's just a matter of spreading these names as wide as possible so that everyone (most importantly image tags) start adopting them
>>
>>29806926
>male_protagonist_(pokemon_sm)
>female_protagonist_(pokemon_sm)
Do you know how many RPGs have protagonists with no names? Maybe look to their fan bases as an example and stop being such a whiny fucking baby.
>>
>>29806994
Wait, do they seriously call him Fire?

>>29807018
The redesign has been used in every appearance of Red, in-game (HG/SS, B2/W2) and otherwise.

I don't get why people would ever still try to cling to the old design, or why they would try to come up with different names
>>
>>29806916
>first time since Gen 1 where both characters can't co-exist
>hilbert/hilda
>>
>>29807056
Pokemon has always been an exception tbqh. It and its fanbase parades itself as "not like those OTHER JRPGs!"
>>
>>29806123
Leaf 2.0
>>
Her name is CHICKEN!!!
>>
>>29807072
Hilbert and Hilda do co-exist dum dum, you meet the counterpart at the Battle Subway.

Same thing happened in B2W2
>>
>>29807072
But they do exist both

>>29807075
They are retarded then
>>
>>29806849
Having played it, they did the whole "swap him for her" thing. To be absolutely sure I'll need to play through as a boy but I don't want to burn out before getting the real thing.
>>
So either the playable characters will never talk. Imagine if Red appeared in FR/LG and talked if you took Leaf ?
>>
>>29807072
Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa appear in the Battle Subway. In fact battling alongside Nate/Rosa is a required fight in BW2, why do you think we even know their names at all?

Course I forgive you for forgetting Gen V is trash anyway
>>
How many characters do we get? Can I just call her Chicken-chan?
>>
>>29807116
There is literally just barely enough characters for you to call her "Chicken-chan", hyphen included.
>>
File: 1362594728431.jpg (17KB, 555x406px) Image search: [Google]
1362594728431.jpg
17KB, 555x406px
>>29807114
>Gen V is trash

Delete
>>
>>29806904
N grew up isolated and lonely with only hurt pokemon and his crazy father + lackeys, you think he even conceives of straightness beyond procreation? N is in love with you whether you're a boy or a girl.
>>
>>29807113
Every game between FR/LG and S/M let's the protagonists talk to each other. It's how we even learn the characters official names. That's why "Leaf", and seemingly our two new characters, don't have actual names.
>>
She will always be Chicken-chan to me
>>
Why does it matter? They're supposed to be you, not set characters. This is a fact that's been proven ever since the beginning of the franchise.
>>
>>29807294
Image tagging most importantly. It's already been said numerous times that we don't care if they have "character" or not.
>>
>>29806814
>>29806904
Sure

>>29806916
>and if it's true that neither appear as NPC's then it would be the first time since Gen 1 where both characters can't co-exist.
This is more annoying to me than I'd like. Same with the lack of canon names.

>>29807056
This is not something that you should be so mad about
>>
>>29806994
Because Red isn't called "Fire" in Crystal and Sun/Moon, he's called Red.

This shit isnt hard.
>>
>>29807328
>This is more annoying to me than I'd like. Same with the lack of canon names.
I am glad I am not alone here.

Especially about the characters not co-existing. It gave me a lot of delight to see the other characters show up. Like in B2/W2 where you bump into Rosa/Nate and you team up with them. They even have the Starter you didn't pick!

But now, for the first time since FR/LG, we are in a situation where the characters don't actually exist in the games, aside from you playing as one of them. The one you don't pick simply doesn't exist, and neither have clear names. It's annoying.
>>
>>29807294
>since the beginning

So why did they establish Red's name as Red's? Same thing with Nate, Rosa, Hilbert, Hilda, Lucas, Dawn, the list goes on and on.

Pretty much every protagonist has an official name besides Leaf, Elio, and Selene.
>>
>>29806814
>The story this time was clearly written for the male PT.
>clearly
You gonna need some proof on this statement.
>>
>>29807460
With Leaf, it was less of a bother because she was always non-canon next to Red.

But the new characters not showing up/having names is really frustrating.
>>
>>29807447
Wouldnt it be great if the other character lived in a different town and revealed they just moved from a different region? Missed opportunities
>>
Are you sure they aren't in the Battle Tree? Someone found/fought Guzma and Guzma wasn't on the famous trainer list from yesterday.
>>
>>29808425
Oh shit for real?

I now have hope, not just for Chicken, but for other characters
>>
File: 1478806622314.jpg (44KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
1478806622314.jpg
44KB, 490x276px
>>29808923
>>
>>29809005
.... Is that Blue hair, or just Black but with weird lighting?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.