[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overworld Graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: sun-moon overworld.jpg (27KB, 594x376px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon overworld.jpg
27KB, 594x376px
Anyone find the overworld graphics to be really ugly in this game?
It's the one thing I've seen being praised about the game, but idk... I've been watching a playthrough and everything just feels empty and most areas look really similar to each other.
All the low-resolution textures and and lack of stuff you can interact with makes it feels like a Playstation 1 game desu.

The battles look great, but I'm really not feeling the overworld.
>>
>>29806016
>I've been watching a playthrough
It's harder to be immersed in the world when you're not even playing the fucking game
And are autistic
>>
>>29806039
im barely immersed coming from someone whos playing, im too busy focusing on the shitty minimap telling me where to go because whenever i go to explore on the top screen im cut off because story
>>
I don't expect any more from the 3DS, really
I do think they may as well have kept the 2d grid and sprites though given the system hardware and how badly it handles even the graphic quality that is there
>>
It's not even about the 3DS limitations honestly, the art direction they went for is pretty off-putting.
>>
>lets bitch about a game we pirated
>>
>>29806298
Do you think the game is going to be any different when you buy it?
>>
>>29806322
I just dont see the point in bitching like little fags who pirated the game only when you fags couldnt wait afew more days.
>>
>>29806398
So any complaints about a game aren't valid until the game is officially out, even when you've already played through the entire thing?
This is some dumb-ass reasoning anon.
>>
>>29806298
One of the dumbest shit I read on this board.
>>
>>29806439
>>29806439
Not really the very fact that you pirated the game makes your complaints not valid.
>>
>>29806486
My complaints are only valid once I've wasted $60?
>>
>>29806016
If that screenshot is what you're looking at, no, it looks WAY better than that
>>
>>Not wanting a glorious ps1 era experience

Pleb, HD graphics are for post-millennial crybabies.
>>
>>29806486
You make 0 sense anon.
I get that you want to preserve your illusion of the game not being utter trash, but you're just delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>29806016
you have 5 seconds to explain how these graphics are any worse than Gen VI or V
>>
>>29806503
I've seen all of the game up until the second island.
Granted the screenshot here isn't the prettiest area, but there are lots of places equally as ugly in the game.
As far as I've seen towns look nice, but routes are pretty bad.
>>
That black character is really ugly.
>>
>>29806560
its called realism
>>
File: 1473270738056.png (133KB, 642x288px) Image search: [Google]
1473270738056.png
133KB, 642x288px
>>29806016
>everything just feels empty
The price you pay when every route needs to be able to fit Ride Pokemon
>most areas look really similar to each other
I was hoping this wouldnt be the case

>>29806298
>>29806398
>>29806486
>pic related
>>
>>29806556
The actual screenshot and video is in low quality

Have you actually played the demo yourself? Overworld looks crisp
>>
The city in the demo felt really barren, so it wouldn't surprise me if most of the region felt this way. It didn't look too different when watching gameplay of the full games.
>>
>>29806066
I have no interest in actually playing the game at this point. At least watching someone else play it lets me skip the boring parts.
>>
>>29806486
I'm pretty against pirating games you don't plan to eventually buy, and even I can see how flawed and ass-backwards this reasoning is.

Their opinions matter just as much as anybody else's.
>>
I just hate the aerial camera because i cant see where the fuck im going. It'seriously confusing
>>
File: sm overw.jpg (24KB, 586x374px) Image search: [Google]
sm overw.jpg
24KB, 586x374px
>>29806617
Yeah, I was watching the video in 480p when I took the screenshot.
I went back and took another one in 1080p. Looks a bit better, but not by much imo.
>>
>>29806716
Mind you, youtube's compression is still probably making this look shittier than it does on the actual 3ds screen, but I don't even think it's a resolution issue as much as an art direction issue.
>>
Only thing I hate in this game is the map.
>>
Also, I'm curious. How many towns are in the game? It doesnt look like much. Also seems to be a lot of Pokecentres in the middle of routes by a few buildings, that still arent towns for whatever reason
>>
>>29806710
thank god im not the only one with this problem. its really frustrating sometimes but the bottom screen map helps a little bit
>>
File: pokemon sun moon ranch.jpg (23KB, 593x376px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sun moon ranch.jpg
23KB, 593x376px
>>29806016
Another thing I've noticed is that either the camera is way too close to the character or that things are too far apart. This leads to lots of shots where you can't really see anything around you other than grass.
You'd expect bad mapping like this in a bad pokemon fangame, not in an official game.
>>
>>29806439
Its like a disrespect to the company, really this makes me mad
>>
>watching a playthrough

3DS games look horrible on capture/streaming, horrible.
>>
>>29807083
>thinking game freak deserves any respect at this point
>>
>>29807019
This is one of the biggest problems I have with the game. The camera should be way further from the character, it's basically impossible to ride the Tauros without having to stop every few seconds to process where I am by looking at the map.
>>
>>29807019
>>29807163
This
The graphics are fine, but the mapping is horrendous.
>>
>>29806016
>All the low-resolution textures and and lack of stuff you can interact with makes it feels like a Playstation 1 game desu.
I second this
>>
I've been watching the same playthrough and you couldn't have picked a worse picture if you tried.
>>
>>29806578
Kek!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.