[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Refresh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Eevee in Pokemon Refresh.gif (2MB, 680x507px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee in Pokemon Refresh.gif
2MB, 680x507px
Can we talk about how much of an improvement Pokemon Refresh is to Pokemon Amie? I never used Amie much before aside from to play with some of my favorites sporadically, but actual backgrounds and being able to cure your Pokemon's status ailments without Medicines is pretty nice.

Who else is liking Refresh?
>>
Are the effects of it still as major as they were in X and Y?
>>
How do you obtain food now? The minigames seem to be removed.
>>
>>29805910
yes
>>
>>29806487
Talk to the guy at the cafe in the pokemon centers
>>
>>29805879
I'd love to use it, but at the same time I don't want the battle advantages that Affection gives you.
>>
>>29806487
Aw really? I kinda liked those minigames, I was hoping to see some new ones this gen - oh well.
>>
The way your Pokemon looks back at you during battle when he accomplishes something, and the little messages that they add when your Pokemon likes you really get to me.

I don't know why I like those little touches so much.
>>
I'm actually sad they took out the minigames, those were actually pretty nice to pass the time.
>>
File: 1476100739147.png (198KB, 944x708px) Image search: [Google]
1476100739147.png
198KB, 944x708px
Is there a point to fondling your pokemon further once you reach max affection? Does it decrease over time or something ?
>>
I know this is more about Pokemon Refresh, but

Is the "petting your pokemon in-battle" still a thing?

Like, when your pokemon is max affection and you make your opponent faint, if you rub the screen at the right time, a hand (yours) hovers and pets the pokemon you're using?

I liked using that to praise mine.

Especially to Pangoro.

Also, we need more Pokemon Refresh webms.
>>
>No new minigames, and they didn't bring back the old ones.

What the hell? Why would they do this?
>>
>>29805879
>We can rub and pet Pokémon all over their nodies, even the humanoid looking ones
>That's perfectly fine
>Can't fucking pet my wife on Fire Emblem because that's too weird
Why the fuck is this allowed
>>
>>29807885
I can still pet my fox wife :3c
>>
>>29805879
I miss the minigames. It was fun playing with my mons.
>>
>>29807830
They removed entire battle formats from SM, mini-games, super training, horde battles, PSS passerbies...
But they bought back the Join Avenue and improved it, added a new QR scan feature (don't dismiss this, it's fun and it can yield extremely rare Pokemon), added Pokepelago, and other things I haven't come across yet.

GF literally randomizes what features they keep/throw away, and cycle between them to sell sequels. They're retarded.
>>
>>29805879
Does curing your Pokemon increase its affection? I don't want to level affection, just makes the game even more braindead.
>>
>>29807885
>neo FE
>>
>>29807723
is this real?
>>
>>29808002
>I don't want to level affection, just makes the game even more braindead.
>still curing status without items
Anon?
>>
>>29808118

Here's a video of the feature in XY and how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpB2bFc35M
>>
>>29808118
Yes, it was real
I seriously hope it wasnt cut
>>
>>29808157
kek
>>
>>29808168

If I remember correctly, I think there's also a certain period of time where your pokemon looks to its right, as if looking for appraisal, before the EXP message appears? I think you can do the rubbing motion during that set time too.

It only works with 4-5 heart affection pokemon though.
>>
>>29807885
What measure is a non human
>>
>>29807473
Petting a Pokemon when it did a good job and KO'd something was so fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 614x1257px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 614x1257px
>>29805879
i want to use refresh to cheer up my absol from its third degree burns
>>
>>29808157
>using free cures when you have unlimited money anyway is braindead
>just as braindead as making your Pokemon invincible

Answer the question, fag
>>
>>29807972
They've outright stated in interviews that they start every game with a clean slate in terms of features, then implement whatever they feel like during development. They're stupid.
>>
>>29805879
Can you even use it without winning in a battle?
>>
>>29809162
Pokemon needs new developers.
>>
>>29807885
((fire emblem)) you mean
>>
>>29807885
Im screencapping this
>>
>>29808157
You're mistaking affection and happiness values. The latter goes up when you use items. It's a separate thing from the affection from petting/feeding/etc.
>>
>>29807708
Pls reply
>>
>>29807972
>>29809162
It's GF's way to keep games "unique". They decide on momentary inspiration. In their minds it's artistic freedom and not mediocrity.

It infuriates me. Any other developer would accumulate improvements. GameFreak does not feel the need to do this because they have a monopoly with Pokémon. No competition allows thems to act dumb.
From Yokai Watch they updated the graphic style, but there was no pressure on the mechanics department
>>
>>29810020
No.
>>
>>29810211
Do you think this will ever change as old employees leave and new ones join?
>>
>>29807885

Because Pokemon does what Fire Emblem don't
>>
>>29807466
Yeah, I'm sad they're gone, too.
>>
What level does yungoos evolve
>>
>>29810555
Early twenties, in the morning.
>>
Is there an equivalent of the pokefinder from oras?
>>
>>29807723
Wait, you had to rub the screen to make that happen? I thought it just occured randomly. Huh.
>>
>Amie is still in, rebranded as Refresh
>Super Training is out

The fuck? How can I EV train now that hordes are gone?
>>
>>29805879
I love features that make this children's game even more comically easy.
>>
>>29812004

I'm trying to keep myself from being spoiled (not clicking plot-related threads), but from the things I barely know about, Pokepelago is the method involved. Not sure how honestly.
>>
>>29812142
pokepelago is only to force your pokemon to collect berries/items for you (and you can invite new pokemon randomly, mb that's how we get HA pokemon)

EV training is in the festival plaza (the wifi area)
>>
>>29809895
In what way did he confuse affection and happiness? He was pointing out that curing statuses without medicine is the same type of easy(er) mode as the benefit you get through affection.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.