[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how easy are the new games? Same difficulty as XY/ORAS, or harder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: rival_ing_by_gabasonian-d9eca90.jpg (471KB, 800x1147px) Image search: [Google]
rival_ing_by_gabasonian-d9eca90.jpg
471KB, 800x1147px
So, how easy are the new games? Same difficulty as XY/ORAS, or harder?
>>
>>29805681
Much harder.

EXP scaling fixed the games. Some of the early totems are a bitch too.
>>
>>29805681
Harder because the trainers have actual IVs and Stats.
>>
>>29805681
They made this game much harder :). You struggle on some battles... with some interesting trainers lol. Nuzlocking is going to be a bitch
>>
>>29805755
>that random ass fisherman with an Aqua Tail Gyrados in the rain
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Harder than XY/ORAS, but still fairly easy until late game. Not the hardest game in the series.
>>
Definitely harder. I just lost twice to Totem Lurantis. Never died at all playing XY/OTAS.

>>29805755
I tried Nuzlocking, I died right at the beginning against the teacher, her Magnemite's thundershock did over 50% to my Litten, and paralyzed it. My only other pokemon was a Pikipek. Also routes are too big in the game for Nuzlocking I think.
>>
>>29805681
Blue literally does this.
>>
>>29805837
I just lost to Lurantis twice also, that little shit constantly making it sunny for solar blade bull shit. I appreciate losing though, haven't struggled at all until now.
>>
>>29805837
Go by map divisions not just routes. If you look at the map some routes are divided into multiple sections
>>
>>29805681

Harder than XYORAS

Remember, it's still pokemon so overall it's still an easy game, it just not braindead easy like Gen 6/
>>
>>29805866
Except he doesn't. Every time you fight him you've had a chance to heal or potion up beforehand. If you forgot to do it or don't have enough potions on hand well that's your own fault.
>>
>>29805866
Wrong.
1st encounter after lab going towards victory road, you can go to Viridian city heal
2nd encounter is nugget bridge, and you can go to Cerulean City to heal.
3rd encounter is on the S.S Anne, which you can use the empty bed room on the boat or Vermilion City to heal since the boat only leaves when you get cut
4th encounter in the tower you can heal in Lavender Town
5th encounter you can heal inside Silph.Co. or just heal in Saffron City
6th encounter is the same as the 1st.

Point is, unless you deliberately forget to heal up and never played the game, he will surprise you. I generally healed in every town I entered in, so I never was at a disadvantage.
>>
>>29805997

Weird. I found it a little easier overall.
>>
File: oh yes.jpg (32KB, 389x244px) Image search: [Google]
oh yes.jpg
32KB, 389x244px
ITT
>People who all complained about XY and ORAS being too easy now struggling because Gamefreak took their advice and made the game difficult.
>>
>>29807439
But most of this thread is pleased with the outcome
>>
>>29807439
No one is complaining though. People just expected a cakewalk and were pleasantly surprised, though that resulted in a loss.
>>
>>29806160
There are two instances, the SS Anne and Silph co, where it's easy to bump into him unprepared if you haven't played the game before, and even Silph has a healing point right before it. (SS Anne does too, but it's not hard to accidentally trigger the battle before finding it)
>>
I've heard that keeping the exp share on only puts you a few levels above them instead of the massive 20 level difference in previous gen 6 games. Is that true or should I turn it off the momwnt I get it like normal?
>>
>>29807496
It's true because of the gen 5 exp curve.
>>
>>29807496
It doesn't inflate your mons 10+ levels anymore.
Your choice as to whether you want to keep it on or off.
>>
From the sounds of things, it seems Totem Lurantis will be a huge wakeup to anyone who expect a cakewalk, which is good.

>>29807439
>I didn't read the thread
>>
>>29805681
Kinda decently hard, just recently beat Moon.

Starting a nuzlocke on Sun right so this should be fun
>>
I hope this game is actually not a cakewalk like you guys are saying, it's definitely hyping me up.
>>
>>29807496
True.
Balance your team to an even level and turn it off.
Else you WILL be murdered.
And don't underestimate Sina.
>>
>>29805681
Hau asks you to battle and you CAN refuse.

If you'll agree to battle he'll heal your pokemon without even mentioning it.

Other than that is as easy as XY/ORAS

Besides i still laugh how people want to shit on gen 6 difficulty when people lose gen 6 nuzlockes. Many youtubers lost XY nuzlockes
>>
File: 1472156539998.jpg (149KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1472156539998.jpg
149KB, 720x540px
>>29805681
>crushing Serena's spirit over the course of X and Y
Was the absolute best feeling
>>
>>29805681
Fun fact

This comic doesnt fit XY But it does fit SM because thats literally what happens in the game
>>
>>29807762
It doesn't fit R/B/Y though, Blue never ambushes you after a gauntlet, closet thing is in Silph Co. and you literally have to walk by the healing beds RIGHT before he shows up.

Wally is the asshole who ambushes you at the end of probably the hardest cave in the series.
>>
>>29807863
Yup thats true aswell

Ironically enough its similar in XY Shauna ambushes you on route to Snowbelle and you have to battle her and Tierno without a break and then Trevor heals you before his battle
>>
File: 1474290898381.png (104KB, 358x242px) Image search: [Google]
1474290898381.png
104KB, 358x242px
>>29807863
>tfw when I played Pearl for the first time, instead of healing before I took on the League I just went over to the guards to say hi
>all of a sudden Barry
>>
Totem Salazzle fucked me up bad, I love it
>>
>>29808096
i want salazzle to fuck me
>>
imo, fire red was the easiest nuzlocke I had to do in all of them
>>
>>29808027
>>Not immediately healing up an stocking up on healing items whenever you go to a new location

Fool.
>>
I think they should have upped the difficulty more, considering you don't need HMs or HM slaves anymore your team during the story gets much stronger than before.
>>
>>29808573
pokemon is an easy series, i rarely ever need to do that
>>
Well this is good to see because I'm just past the trainer school and I'm just been pressing A and letting EXP share train my bench.

When do these fuckers leave me alone and let me play the game?
>>
>>29805681
Harder than XYORAS, easier than 5th gen

not great, but an improvement
>>
I just don't get why there's no challenge mode. There's no way it's not economically feasible for them since there must be tons of people like me who wouldn't mind getting it as paid DLC.
>>
Harder.

Gen 5 exp curve means it's really hard to overlevel too much even with the EXP share on, and Totem Pokemon present a greater challenge than XY's pitiful gym leaders.
It seems to follow a BW philosophy to difficulty, where it's a bit harder than normal but they give you everything you need to beat it easily basically for free, just check out how many fighting types there are before the first trial which is Normal type.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.