[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Ok, since everybody is bitching about having no postgame again in Sun & Moon, why don't you put together your own postgame content that Nintendo should have put in? And what do you wish for upcoming reboots/generations?

Hard Mode:
> No Battle Frontier

Keep it coming guys.
>>
Nothing beats the POST GAME OF POKEMON HGSS
>>
>>29805235
I really liked the postgame in Diamond/Pearl. Some older routes had new areas to explore and the cool islands at the top of the map became accessible.
>>
>>29805639
this then BW2 although you could be done with it in a week
>>
>>29805701
Also I think there was some kind of swarm mechanic that let you locate some previously unobtainable pokes from other gens across the map.
>>
>>29805751
Shit, and you unlocked the ability to transfer pokes from gba games as well.
>>
>muh battle frontier
One shitty island with five one room buildings to fight cheating hacked NPCs in. Why is this heralded as the greatest post game ever? Battle Maison is literally the same thing streamlined.

Delta Episode, GSC/HGSS Kanto, and BW/BW2 are examples of fun and play worthy post games. Battle frontier is a meme.
>>
Platinum's was ideal
Postgame islands, new legendaries to capture, and rematches

But what's the point of a postgame anymore? Gamefreak has been rightly been focusing on the actual game
Anything reserved for postgame might as well be introduced as just a normal part of the game
>>
>>29805235
>why don't you put together your own postgame content that Nintendo should have put in?

I have more, but here are the basics;

- Vs.Seeker enables you to battle anyone you encounter again

- Meet Ash, enables you to battle and meet Ash with an extra cutscene if you have Ash Greninja on your team where Ash acknowledge 'you can keep Greninja as it thinks you are a good trainer'

- Defend your title, when entering a gym you have a high chance of encountering a previous game's champion who you will battle to defend your title as Champion

- Ultra Beast Campaign, once per day check a tv and discover an Ultra Beast attack, then defend the town they are attacking. These would be uncatchable and basically be a hoard battle with an Ultra Beast as a Totem Pokémon. Your party Pokémon would gain a specific medal each time you defend an individual town.
>>
Legendaries getting a sidequest where you can battle them in their own unique locations
>>
6 month timeskip.
Lillie comes back from Kanto as Champion.
Battling with Lillie!
Going on adventures with Lillie!
Date under the moonlight with Lillie!
Kisses with Lillie!
Sex with Lillie!
>>
Successor to hidden base, private island with gyms

You get an island after you become champion which you can put customize how you want

Release any Pokemon you caught on the islands so other people can encounter them, but you'll also have to take care of it so the population stays high

Releasing both male and female so they can breed
Items do stuff like make them breed more, make the levels higher, form hordes etc

Get some trainers that you can buy clothes for and give them their teams in your island gym

And every time someone beats you their gym badge count goes up
>>
>>29805235
Can someone who believes this to be a non-issue explain why the battle frontier is a bad idea?
>>
>>29805639
What the hell is HGSS post-game?
>>
>Ctrl+F
>no PWT

Step it up /vp/.
>>
>>29807847
They're the type of people who will be happy with 12 new Pokemon

They'll take anything GF gives them and call you ungratefull assholes
>>
>>29807874

Some people mistake Kanto as post game.
>>
>>29805235
Triple battles returning.
Rental battles for all formats.
Some sort of battle pike-like mode with your pokemons going back to lv.1 and inventory reset for the duration of the challenge.
Something like the XY restaurants (battles with time limits or gimmicks to them) but maybe more randomized.
Online multi challenge for coop action.
Something like dexnav coming back for HA/shiny hunts.

Basically lots of randomized content for "VS AI" gameplay in all formats. And something to do online that isn't just battles (everyone has the same ubers teams, it gets boring) or trading (everyone has injected/hacked pokemon).
>>
>>29807874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJLOCAWkRoc
>>
>>29807847
I don't think OP was implying it's bad, he's just pointing out that it's the go-to answer for what constitutes a good postgame and asking for other ideas.
>>
>>29807874
HGSS had the Safari Zone annd Sinnoh Frontier.
>>
>>29805235
>new cities( at least 3) and routes(at least 5)
>competitive area(like the Battle Resort), but must not be included in the new cities count
>easily accessible rematches with all the important characters
>Obligatory Battle Tower reskin
It seems good enough and respects the no Frontier rule. I didn't include Online and Legendary hunt since I consider them a given
>>
File: 55.gif (6KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
55.gif
6KB, 64x64px
Hey, I haven't been following the leaks about SunMoon. When people are saying there is a lack of postgame does this mean there is no endgame battling area? I put in a lot of hours in X and Y purely breeding, EV training, composing teams and fighting to get all of the trophies in the Battle Maison. The Battle Maison really made X and Y worth it for me because I had such a disappointing time online (kinda shitty connection, bad default rules and the same OP teams over and over). If you tell me there is something similar in SunMoon then I will get it but otherwise I probably won't. I've heard of this Battle Tree thing but it kind of sounds like it's just fighting 10 gym leaders or some shit.
>>
Anyone know where to go for that UB 01 mission?
>>
>>29808172
Battle Tree is a Maison reskin(no triple or rotation tho), but with 9 named characters included
>>
>>29808172
> When people are saying there is a lack of postgame does this mean there is no endgame battling area ?
No it just means they're overreacting. There is one (maybe two ? if the Battle Royale is one) endgame battling area which basically a better Battle Maison. (unless you really liked Rotation and Triples)
>>
>>29808293
There's more than just 9 named characters. Some anon just encoutered Guzma.
>>
>>29808293
>>29808336
Oh okay. Thanks that sounds okay. I never cared for rotation battles but I did enjoy the triple battles so if they have been cut then that is kinda sad. I think I spent the most time on triple battle mode. Especially because the format for single battles is usually 3v3 for some stupid reason so it wasn't as fun.
>>
>t-there's no postgame!
>when there's the battle tree
>when there's the tapu's and UBs to catch
>when there's DEFENDING YOUR FUCKING CHAMPION TITLE
>when there's the zygarde quest
>when there's GOING TO THE OTHER FUCKING VERSION'S GAME WORLD

How the fuck is this bad? This is more post-game content than X/Y by miles. How?

Plus there is text found in the datamine that folks haven't found in-game yet... we're still finding shit.
>>
File: battle frontier anime.jpg (42KB, 385x599px) Image search: [Google]
battle frontier anime.jpg
42KB, 385x599px
>>29805235
Normal Mode: Include the Battle Frontier, and then do everything in Hard Mode.

Hard Mode: PWT/Battle Tree area with tons of old NPCs, except actually add TONS of old NPCs and not just nine trainers. Every Gym Leader, every E4 member, every Champion, every rival that isn't the opposite-gendered player character, possibly even some of the player characters if you wanted to give them canon teams. Include some extra characters not included in the above like Frontier Brains, reformed villains like Colress/Maxie/Archie, one-off NPCs like Benga, etc.

Make a sizeable amount of optional areas you can only explore after beating the Champion. Include Legendaries from past games, but actually give them unique, large-sized dungeons that you have to travel through to get to them, as opposed to talking to a ring floating in mid-air and a Legendary just popping out. Put a large number of older Pokémon in these areas (think 50+ Pokémon you can't get in the normal game) and a bunch of high-leveled trainers.

And while this isn't directly postgame, side-things that you can access in the main game (Contests, Sinnoh Underground, Secret Bases, etc.) should all be deep and polished enough that you'll want to revisit them repeatedly after beating the game. Include some type of Habitat checklist/Dexnav feature where you can scan through areas in the game and see if you've caught everything there, to make catching 'em all more exciting and less dependent on a guide if there's some rare Pokémon that isn't used by any trainers in the game that has a low encounter rate on one route, so that you know where to look.

>>29805938
>Anything reserved for postgame might as well be introduced as just a normal part of the game

If everything above were introduced before beating the Champion, I'd be just as happy as if it were after the Champion.
>>
>>29805235
So why are the file sizes so huge if there's no real postgame? Is Alola seriously that big of a region?
>>
>>29808899
There actually is a post-game. It's a meme from people that aren't playing the game. See >>29808444
>>
>>29808933
The other version's game world? Is there a huge difference besides the time of day that is very noticeable?
>>
>>29808444
>when there's GOING TO THE OTHER FUCKING VERSION'S GAME WORLD

What's the point of this feature?
>>
>>29808987
You catch Cosmog there, and non-legendary version exclusives. Other than that, we don't know yet. The truth is, we don't KNOW everything in the post-game yet, even with the datamine. If anything, the datamine implies there's more out there we haven't found yet. Even if this was it, we've got a gen-4 tier post-game already.
>>
>>29808423
I feel ya anon. I wasted like 400 hours of my life in maison triples. I loved them so much and trained all my pokemon with triples in mind. With all the cool possibilities sunmoon would have added to it, it'll be sorely missed.
But it seems the 3ds can't do any more, it already lags a lot in doubles. Hopefully they return for next console or after GF optimizes the shit out of this engine.
Going back to doubles is such a downgrade, but still better than singles, I guess.
>>
>>29805887
>30 minute long fetch quest is better than hours upon hours of replayability

No.
>>
>>29805639
jesus fucking christ the namefags name choices are worse than ever. fucking attention whores.
>>
>>29808899
>why are the file sizes so huge

Uncompressed audio, most likely. Optimization is a lost art, and Game Freak wasn't very good at it in the first place (could barely fit Johto on the game cart before Iwata stepped in).
>>
>>29808423
its 3v3 because of gamefreak's "muh time limit", six v six is where its at.
>>
>>29809229
Yeah man, I put so much time into making triples comps. I hope the double battle is at least 6 mons per team to allow for greater strategies but it'll probs be 4 like usual :/
>>
>>29809880
Oh fuck I didn't think about that. Fuuuuuuuuck.
>>
>>29805235
>Cut out "elite four/champion" battle at the end
>add 30/40 or so UBs
>time skip, Alola league finished
More Ultra beasts are unleased on the Alola region, 3 stagers, 2 stagers, etc. (can't breed with normal pokemon, slightly harder to catch, weird abilities, separate dex)

Main quest is an another runthrough the Alola region, now witha proper Alola league, with the main sidequest being to collect and integrate the new UBs into the pokemon world
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.