[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are their names?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0669.png (262KB, 640x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.png
262KB, 640x752px
I'm waiting on the official release, but I just want to know: what did Gamefreak dub these two?
>>
Shit and crap.
>>
>>29803130
La and Moa.
>>
No protagonists have canon names except Red, only the NPC's that use the same designs as them have canon names, and there are none in this game.
>>
>>29803130
They don't appear as NPCs, at all.
>>
Hugh and Chicken-chan
>>
Faggot-kun and Chicken-chan
>>
>>29803158
>>29803160
Isn't there a default name for them if you press start at the name screen instead of entering your own name for the character?
>>
Helios and Selene.
>>
>>29803192
Drop the H and S.
>>
>>29803130
They don't have official names because they don't appear as NPCs, just like Leaf.

So people will probably just use the demo/trailer placeholder names like Sun, Elio, Moon, Selene, etc.
>>
>>29803130
>girl has litten themed shoes
>litten evolves into a huge bars masculine wrestler

>boy has popplio shoes
>popplio evolves into a huge feminine pop star waifu

Alola confirmed for pokephiles
>>
Because the opposite-gendered character doesn't appear for the first time (excluding Gen 2 because only Crystal had a gender option and HGSS used Lyra and Ethan) and the game does not give any default names, we are forced to use prerelease names seen in screenshots.
Those are Elio and Selene.
>>
>>29803211
Elios and Elene?

Sounds terrible.
>>
Sonny and Cher
>>
>>29803893
Elio and Selene, I'm retarded tbqh.
>>
>>29803130
jeff
>>
>>29803158
Bull

shit
>>
>>29803220
Did Ethan/Kris appear in Crystal? Because if not this argument is bullshit.
>>
>>29804583
I'm fairly certain Kris was named by the manga or some other side thing.
Ethan was Gold was until HGSS.
>>
>>29803130
Apollo and Diana
>>
>>29804781
Oh shit that's good.
>>
>>29804583
Her name appeared in the boxart of Crystal's US version, and variations of "Kris" were also the first default name for the female player in all languages.
>>
>>29803130
Gamefreak at some point would name these two in some promotional stuff I think.
>>
File: 1478412214962.jpg (320KB, 995x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478412214962.jpg
320KB, 995x700px
>>29804965
They already did. Sun/Moon, Elio/Selene.

These were all initially dismissed by us though because "pre-release names don't count" (which had some basis I guess) and we were all waiting for what names they would have in the final game, but since they don't appear as NPCs anywhere, it's back to those names, since those names are the only ones we have for them whatsoever.

This situation hasn't really happened since ""Leaf"" in FRLG, and Bulbapedo covered us on that one.
>>
>>29803130
They have to be in the battle tree or something, but nobody has beaten the game yet so we can't be sure where we'll run into them. Gamefreak WOULD NOT be as dumb as to let their main protagonists go without a canon name.
>>
>>29805034
>Sun/Moon
>Elio/Selene
No. These two names have an obvious theme to its versions. Aside from gen 1, none of the names the protagonists were given had any sort of theme, they were just random.
They started giving official names without fail after FR/LG. At some point they will give them actual names through promotional stuff etc. like Kris. See >>29804915
They did give Kris a name even though she and her actual name is not present in the game if you play as the male character instead.
>>
>>29805458
>Aside from gen 1, none of the names the protagonists were given had any sort of theme, they were just random.
Well, they do have themes, like "light" for Dawn and Lucas and "fight" for Hilda and Hilbert, but these themes have nothing to do with the game titles.
>>
Leo(n) and Luna
>>
Chip and Munk
>>
Elio and Selene
>>
>>29803130
Sony and Nintendo
Coca-Cola and Pepsi
Mario and Sonic
Smartphone and Tablet
Pixar and Dreamworks
>>
>>29806998
Smartphone and tablet aren't competing companies.

You may be thinking of Google and Apple.
>>
Tidus and Yuna
>>
They need names I can't take anymore "CHICKEN CHAN CHICKEN CHAN"
>>
Isn't it just what the versions are called?
Sun and Moon
>>
>>29803130
Dude and Chicken-chan.
>>
>>29803158
>Ethan
>Kris
>Brendan
>May
>Dawn
>Lucas
>Hilbert
>Hilda
>Nate
>Rosa
>Calem
>Serena
>>
I'm thinking Tyson for the boy, and Phoebe for the girl.
>>
>>29806998
CIA and Bane
>>
>>29803130
Cutie and Patootie
>>
Wayne and Garth
>>
>>29803188
I tried on emulator, and it doesn't allow you to do that.
>>
>>29805458
Most have a theme, but it's not always apparent.
Gen 2 - Ethan/Hibiki, Lyra/Kotone. Sound/music theme.
Gen 3 - Brendan/Yuuki, May/Haruka. Bravery and spring, but no shared theme between them.
Gen 4 - Lucas/Kouki, Dawn/Hikari. Light.
Gen 5 - Hilbert/Touya, Hilda/Touko. Battle. Nate/Kyouhei, Rosa/Kyoumei. Resonance.
Gen 6 - Calem/Calme (or Karume if you want to get picky, but it's intended to be Calme due to how Japanese works), Serena. Calm/serene.
>>
Jim Jam & Sunny
>>
>you can go to the other game's dimension in the post game
>opposite gender doesn't show up
This was a perfect opportunity to include the opposite gender protagonist and let you fight him/her and they messed it up.
>>
>>29812286
Cry more, waifufag.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.