[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they balance it, or is it still broken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: exp-share-pcl-art.jpg (58KB, 578x345px) Image search: [Google]
exp-share-pcl-art.jpg
58KB, 578x345px
Did they balance it, or is it still broken?
>>
>>29801435
Still broken, same thing than X/Y
>>
>>29801435
>Using EXP Share in TCG
For what reason
>>
It's balanced. Provided you don't grind, the leveling curve will make you stay within 5 levels of most NPCs.

However, most NPCs only have one or two Pokemon because GF think kids are retarded.
>>
>>29801435
Less broken, but still gonna keep you at some 3-6 levels over everything.

At least the scaling keeps it from going further.
>>
>>29801435

It's at least more balanced then Gen 6's, because the EXP system uses a mix of Gen 5 and Gen 6 as lower leveled pokemon will gain more exp, but switching still gives the participating pokemon the 100% exp.
>>
>>29801435
I never had problems with it ingen 6 because I trained a lot of Pokemon, and I want to do the same in moon.
>>
>>29801452
Energy heavy non-raindance teams? I don't know, honestly. I used it when I only had shit cards.
>>
From people who've beaten the game with it on, I've heard they had no problems with it this time around.
>>29801461
>However, most NPCs only have one or two Pokemon because GF think kids are retarded.
This isn't as much of a problem as it was in gen 6, NPCs have better movesets, IVs and AI this time around.
>>
>>29801450

You don't know what broken means.
>>
Wait a second.
The EXP Share isn't a held item, and you only get one of it.
Does that mean it goes on the trainer's head?
>>
>>29801435
It never was broken. Your whole party gains Exp, but
they also gain EVs, which makes it awful if you want to EV train your mons.
>>
>>29801667
It was definitely broken in XYORAS' during the story.
>they also gain EVs, which makes it awful if you want to EV train your mons.
Now I'm sure you're just bullshitting. The only good thing about the Exp Share is that it makes EV training a hell of a lot easier in the post game.
>>
>>29801740
In the post-game, yes. In the story, it's a detriment because you can only Exp share with mons who want the same EV spread.
>>
>>29801779
>EV training in story

What did he mean by this
>>
>>29801801
Do you not?

Have fun completely re-training everything you caught before the Elite 4.
>>
>>29801779
Who the fuck EV trains during the main story?
It's in no way needed to beat the game, and even if you do get the right Nature early they won't have the IVs to be competitively viable.
>>
>>29801435
I've been using it and I've found I've been overleveled for trainers and route trash but boss encounters have been somewhat challenging
>>
>>29801842
Because it's easier than using a million berries to reset my mons EVs just to grind for them in the post-game. Might as well do it while it's there. Also, you can catch Pokemon with good IVs.
>>
It's not a matter of balancing it, it's a matter of balancing the game around either having it on our off, while XY was somewhere in the middle. So far the game seems balanced around off but that could change.
>>
on a related topic, is there an easy way to level pokemon up to 100 for the iv thing? if the gen 5 experience system is in play, it'd make it really difficult.
>>
>>29801452
It's really good in standard now that there's no tool removal
>>
>>29801829
>EV training for E4
are you developmentally challenged?
>>
>>29801870
>Also, you can catch Pokemon with good IVs.
Not good enough.
If you're going to train competitive pokémon then at least make sure they are 5IV.
EV training your in-game team is not only a waste of time, the final result will also be worse than if you breed the pokémon properly in the post-game.
>>
>>29802185
>at least make sure they're 5iv

That's too much of a blanket statement. You only need 3IVs on a Chansey, for example.
>>
>>29801870
>>29801829
>>29801779

Are you related to the "proud of it's power" by any chance?
>>
It's not as bad because they went back to the Gen 5 EXP gain system. (Thank fuck)

If you feel you're getting over-leveled, switch it off, the EXP gain system should keep you on a steady level curve for the majority of the game.

Only use it if you're trying to train an underleveled Pokémon during the journey, is my advice.
>>
File: 397.jpg (63KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63KB, 447x400px
>>29801829
>EV training for the Elite 4

Why on earth would you ever need to do that, E4 never has and never will be hard enough to warrant it
>>
Overleveling with Exp. share is fixed, but that doesn't really matter because there are much bigger issues.

The problem of NPC teams with only 1-2 pokemon that are nothing but NFE shitmon with awful movesets is worse than ever. Even in major battles, the pokemon have no coverage and even their STAB moves are so awfully underpowered it's impossible to lose the fights, and the AI is so bad even in the boss battles they will use NVE moves when they happen to have SE moves available, heal you with pain split, use completely useless moves or spam setup moves without any intent to ever attack you until they get knocked out. It only gets slightly better once you reach E4.
>>
They changed nothing to it, but Gen 5 EXP scaling means that the curve will gently go upwards as the developers intended. Meaning, if they want you to be level 30 by a certain area, pushing level 32 by a certain point will be nigh impossible as the low exp yield rates will be split between 6 Pokemon, resulting in a VERY slow crawl. But its also the absolute best to gamble sending out a low level mon, and gain the ability to use it almost instantly in the late/post game. Basically, they implemented it far too soon, and the only way its going to be a positive is if they keep the gen 5 EXP formula.
>>
Pokemon in-game difficulty is non-existant anyway
>>
>>29803621
Wait, if Gen 5 exp scaling is back, then won't it be almost impossible to level mons to 100?
>>
File: 1436212635645.png (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436212635645.png
95KB, 640x480px
>sudden difficulty spike on the 4th island
this is nice
>>
>>29803699
It's not like there's any point in getting to level 100
>>
>>29803776
Hyper training.
>>
File: Secret Bases.jpg (751KB, 600x2544px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Bases.jpg
751KB, 600x2544px
>>29803699
I already miss ORAS
>>
>>29803874
This was the most perfect way to level up your mons. Triple battles even meant you could level up 3 pokémon at the same time.
>>
>>29803776
Anon, Level 100 Pokémon can now have their IV's maxed

>>29803874
>missing the worst games in the franchise just because you could monotonously grind a bit quicker
>>
>>29804463
>oras
>worst
>a bit quicker
>>
>>29803699
wtf are you talking about, it was easy as fuck to level to 100 in gen5, only gen6 was easier
>>
>>29804463
>the worst games in the franchise
That's not Pearl and Diamond.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.