[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUN&MOON DIFFICULTY THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
I've noticed a lot of people are saying that SUMO are a bit harder than other pokemon games. There was even some dude here that was angry because he couldn't beat a Lurantis using Dartrix and Salandit, lmao.

I'm excited about this, but i want to take this a step further. I don't want to nuzlocke the first time because i want to enjoy the game, and not worry about my pokemons dieing. So here are my special rules:

1) Can't use healing items in battle
2) Can use only as many pokemons as the opponent, if the opponent is a special trainer (captain, kahuna, e4, etc.)

This way you should enjoy the games with a good challenge, without having the pressure that comes from a nuzlocke. What are your thoughts?
>>
>Harder
nigger what the fuck have you been playing?

you get hand held by your fucking pokedex all game, before the first fucking challenge you have at least 30k dosh, you get given like 13 potions and like 20 pokeballs, the game fucking tells you which moves are effective/super effective so you don't even have to remember type differences, you physically can't explore till post game because again they block off anywhere apart from straight forward because yokai faggots might get confused, oh and obligatory exp-share whining

its only a harder game if you're too autistic to figure out that you can catch more than 1 pokemon
>>
>>29800734
That Lurantis fight is actually pretty nasty
It eventually summons a Castform with sunny day and weather ball which is pretty powerful that early in the game. It also has boosted speed, synthesis, solar blade and a power herb, which all works really well in the sun. Definitely harder than any gym leader has ever been.
>>
>>29800734
I think alot of difficulty is from people rushing through the game and not clearing the entire route of trainers before moving on, and maybe grinding five or six wild pokemon battles every now and then.
>>
>>29800807
>didn't play the fucking game
>>
>>29800807
>trying this hard to be funny
>>
>>29800807

i've been playing nothing, apparently you're too retarded to read properly.
i said that i've heard people saying it's harder.
also people said that the exp share is actually balanced this time around, so you won't end up with overleveled pokemons.
>>
>>29800807

>HardER

notice the "er" in the word Harder. This doesn't mean that Sun and Moon are Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja while your right hand is broken, it just simply means that SM are more challenging than other Pokemon games, specifically XY and ORAS.
>>
>>29800836
>>29800852
>>29800860
>>29800861
(you)
>>
>>29800812
I picked Trannyseal and I ended up chessing that with Grimer (Toxic+Protect).
>>
>>29800734
That has always been how I've played honestly.
You should at least add that you can only capture one specimen of any species, instead of looking for one with the right stats or ability.
>>
>>29800734
Its tougher than XY, which is good. It's around BW level difficulty.
>>
>>29800909
Great and productive reply, faggot
>>
Is anyone playing without EXP share? How is it?
>>
>>29800969
I went with owl and it fucked me up, didn't help that my next best mon was Charjabug. Most fun I've had with an unhacked Pokemon game in a while though.
>>
>>29801186
bad, as expected
>>
>>29801235
in what way? Does it just feel unbalanced?
>>
>>29801186
Really fun, I was always on the level curve except for the ending (4th island) where a fucking level spike happened and I had to turn the exp share on for a bit. Some of the trainers were kinda hard, like I whited out to some of them and others came close to killing me, I had to revive and heal my pokémon constantly. Also the final battle with Lusamine was kinda hard, because her Clefable just would not die and boosted defenses/healed with moonlight

Don't listen to shitposters like >>29801235, the game is fun and IMO the second best first game in a gen after BW
>>
>>29800734
>1) Can't use healing items in battle
>2) Can use only as many pokemons as the opponent, if the opponent is a special trainer (captain, kahuna, e4, etc.)
What kind of retard doesn't do this all the time?
>>
>>29800734
Sounds good to me OP. Matching the amount of Pokemon my Opponent uses is something I always try to do.
Maybe try to match type for type when you can as well?
>>
>>29801186
Be prepared to NEED spamming potions and to be bodied by glaceon.
It's fun.
I'm on about the same level wild pokémon are and trainers surpass me by a bit, but not too much. Also, Gen V exp mechanics make leveling a new catch easy and over leveling hard.
>>
Going to options and making the battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out + no exp share
>>
>>29801261
That sounds better. Thanks anon.
>>
I'm going to purge most of my team when I get to a new island.
>>
It looks like a lot of the convenient features is to help curb the challenge a little. It's not really hand holding, especially for things like the Battle Tree. And who cares how many items you get at the beginning? It'll save on cash and backtracking. It's a bitch running into a low encounter rate mon and you're out of balls.
>>
>>29801261
I'm convinced all the "this gaem sux" threads are being made by one autist who's unhappy about one thing or the other.

The game is fairly challenging, soundtrack superb, and the battle tree is really fun. Yes, the intro is slow as balls and I'm still confused about EV training but all else is well.
>>
>>29801351
Probably your everyday 4chan shitposter, yeah. Or even /v/ermin leaking here.

Soundtrack is really good, yep. I'm happy with this gen, and IMO, the region itself is the best one
>>
>>29801322
Also, if you turn the EXP.Share off when you get it, the "handholding partyheals" become something to appreciate. Alola doesn't fuck around.
And keep a Magnemite on the lead for 2nd island. para/poison spam Paras.
>>
>>29800909
>Wah anons called me out
>I'll do the overused (you) meme
You sure showed those anons, anon.
>>
>>29801294
Pretty much this, these "rules," are pretty much how people normally play anyway.
>>
>>29800909
(you) are doing that wrong btw mate
>>
Even the Totem Wishiwashi fight is harder than anything non-Battle Maison in X/Y and maybe even ORAS. It uses Growl so your Physical attacks get dropped and then summons an Alomomola(or whatever the fuck it's called) that backs it up with Helping Hand, Water Gun, or Heal Pulse.

Honestly if Totem Wishiwashi had a move besides Water Gun it would have been a real challenge.
>>
>>29801186
Ok. Fairly easy until Totem Lurantis where I had to resort to healing until Synthesis ran out. Kill Castform quickly and it's ok though.
>>
File: 283surskit.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
283surskit.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
Anyone who complains about the difficulty without using shitmons is retarded.
>DUDE WHY IS MY MEGA BLAZIKEN KILLING EVERYTHING LIKE THIS IS FOR BABBIES

One of my most fun playthroughs was Emerald using shit like Delcatty, Chimecho, and Masquerain.
Box your starters too. You grow to love mons that you otherwise wouldn't care about.
>>
>>29801476
Melkor the magnemite, MVP so far.
Fairyslayer, bird remover and fishfrier supreme.
>>
>>29801490
>b-but the game is difficult if you add a bunch of arbitrary limitations

You are the worst. Pokémon games should be designed around a party that has at least one starter and five Pokémon that weren't traded or given to you, otherwise it defeats the point of embarking on a goddamn magical journey with your pokemon partner.

I do agree that you shouldn't complain if you're putting a bunch of obviously powerful pokemon on your team, though, like legendaries or extra starters, but usually those become available late in the game. Gen VI was horrible in this regard though.
>>
>>29801634
I'm not bullshitting you, just turn the EXP.Share off this time and enjoy the ride.
The scaling is just right.
>>
>>29801634
>that weren't traded or given to you
You're the worst if you add a bunch of arbitrary limitations
>>
>>29801634
I'd prefer that too, but it's never going to happen. Even if you boycott the game or whatever.
Even if we grabbed every autist on /vp/ and wrote to Game Freak telling them to add a higher difficulty, they probably wouldn't.
>>
>>29800812
Holy shit that sounds awesome
>>
>>29801695
I keep telling you all.
Turn the helmet off and enjoy getting bodied.
Also, Mudbray is awesome.
>>
>>29800734
what if AI's can use revive/max revive
>>
The perfect level level of challenge is in BW2 where random trainers can maybe knock out 1 or 2 of your party and you WILL lose if you don't prepare for a gym.
I nuzlocke Dray hacks and I know how stupid it is when it's a must to get a certain Pokemon for 6 perfect smogon tier moveset gym teams.
You can probably get through X and Y without losing a battle but it sprinkles a few tough trainers around routes.
They only person should lose to in ORAS is Steven, anyone else and you suck at Pokemon
>>
>>29800812
AND THE MORE YOU KNOCK OUT, THE MORE THEY SUMMON TO A 2V1 BATTLE.
>>
>>29801634
I agree about the no limitations thing, or at least only sensible ones like no trading overlevelled Pokemon over.

That's why I've played Gen 6 with difficulty mod romhacks and it's so much more fun being challenged by legitimately tough teams rather than having your shit pushed in by vanilla shit enemies with 3 moves and no items just because you're using underlevelled awful Pokemon. Star Sapphire in particular was very well-done, with the EXP share keeping you generally 2 - 4 levels under gym leaders without grinding and the level curve going from 5 - 100 instead of 5 - 60 or 70 like the normal game.
>>
>>29801733
I don't think you can say anything about a game's difficulty when you put artificial limitations on yourself like nuzlocke. And if you don't nulocke, Drayano hacks are stupidly easy.

Play something like Eternal XY Insanity mode (1.3 and below because the author nerfed some teams due to whining about difficulty) if you want an actual challenge. Star Sapphire's Ace Trainers were also pretty good, better than the Gym Leaders actually since they weren't constrained by monotyping.
>>
>>29801186
Bullied by Glaceon
>>
>>29802425
HOW THE FUCK IT TOOK DOWN BRAVE CRABRAWLER IN ONE HIT?
No, really, I looked away after picking the attack and when I looked back I had to choose another pokémon
>>
>>29800734
I have been playing without exp share, not using any healing items at all, and doing every route and dungeon in one run without returning to the pokemon centre.

The game hasn't been at all difficult, obviously. It's pokemon after all. However, there were a few times things got tricky.

>Hau second battle
>teacher in the trainer's school
>Ilima battle before his trial
>Sina battle

Honestly feels easier than last gen sometimes, just because of how much exp you start to get when things out level you.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.