[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth to buy a 3DS just for Sun & moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: Rosa.jpg (33KB, 550x577px) Image search: [Google]
Rosa.jpg
33KB, 550x577px
Is it worth to buy a 3DS just for Sun & moon?
>>
Save money and buy a 2DS and lose nothing but some rarely used 3-D gimmick
>>
>>29798193
Not to mention Pokémon games are barely compatible with 3D as it is due to the framerate drops that are noticeable in 2D and fucking everywhere in 3D.

Shame the 2DS doesn't have a hinge, though. It's so bulky.
>>
>Is it worth it to buy a system for just one game?

The answer is always no.
>>
>>29798256
I bought a PSP just for Crisis core. It was completely worth it.
>>
>>29798173
I did, regretting it now. Still gonna play the game.
>>
>>29798291
>regretting it now

Why?
>>
>>29798173
It was already worth it for X/Y, then you also have OR/AS too and now Sun/Moon.
>>
>>29798173

>>29798193
>>29798232
This. If you don't have enough money / don't want to spend too much on a New 3DS, just buy a 2DS instad because it's a lot cheaper and you don't need 3D for Pokèmon games anyways.

Just keep in mind that load times will be greater and your game will lag a bit more too.
>>
>>29798173
Buy 3DS and then mod it.

You don't need to buy games ever again
>>
>>29798584
I thought that you couldn't pirate 3DS games?And even if you could, wouldn't the lag make them unplayable on pc?
>>
Yes totally worth it goy.
>>
>>29798173
i say yes

but the majority of my handhelds were bought just for pokémon anyway
>>
>>29798706
wow someone's really out of the loop

you can mod the 3ds to download roms and play them ON THE 3DS

Also there is a 3DS emulator but it's very very primitive. Plays ORAS just fine though, and SM too, if your computer is good enough for them of course
>>
>>29799128
Not everyone wants to be a nigger, anon.
>>
Won't the original 3DS have a lower price by now? You can always buy one of these if you want the absolute minimum.
>>
>>29799453
Yeah, original 3ds is cheaper than 2ds here
>>
>>29798193
This. Got a 3DS but I hate that wobbly screen. I rather have a 2DS now that doesn't have to fold open and is cheaper. 3DS is a waste of money when the Nintendo Switch comes out in March.
>>
>>29798173
no.

but you can play DS games on it.
>>
>>29798256
Every handheld I ever owned I got just for Pokemon. All worth it.
>>
>>29799489
Here, it depends

You can find used 3DSes for a cheaper price than a brand new 2DS, but brand new 3DSes are still slightly higher in price than a 2DS.

Still, yeah. If OP doesn't care about getting used stuff, he should get a used 3DS, or else just go with a 2DS.
>>
>>29798173
no the game is shit.
>>
>>29799888
this and nice digits
>>29798173
I don't know, I've done a good job of avoiding spoilers for SM but my 3DS broke a while after I finished XY for the first time.

I'd say it depends on you anon. With life etc right now I personally don't even have the time to play vidya so for most of my vidya I've just been watching LPs on YouTube while I eat dinner/lunch, likely will do the same with SM.
>>29799489
>>29800378
Where I live Nintendo doesn't even have a fanbase let alone official support so most of the consoles and games are imported, and even then I don't know a good place to find them (There was a store in the local mall that closed down a year ago that had ORAS).

I just looked online and 3DS w/ Wii is being sold at $75 total (5000 INR). Wish I bought that.
>>29800417
Reasons being?
>>
>>29800475
Here sometimes you can find used 3DSes for 80 euros, most of the time it's a little higher than that. Brand new 2DSes go for around 90 euros, it's pretty rare to find an used one tho considering how cheap they are, and even if you find 'em used it's not much of a bargain - so it's still better to get a new one.

And since you mentioned a Wii, they're cheap as fuck here too. You can easily find one (no box, but with cables and accessories) for like, 25 euros. Just to let you understand how cheap they are, sometime ago I've been able to grab a job lot of four partially working Wiis for 35 euros, shipping included.
>>
PSA- You can get a nintendo n3DS on black friday for only 99.99 .
Should i get it for only Y and Sun?
>>
Buy a n3ds not an o3ds and hack it the second you buy it, it's worth the value then. You can install gen 1-3 games onto the hardware and play them gloriously on your n3ds.

Hacking a 3ds doesn't cost any money and can be done by basically dragging and dropping. I wouldn't recommend spending any more money than the hardware
>>
>>29798173

No.
>>
>>29798173
No, buy a 2ds
>>
I preordered the new 3DS XL mainly for sun/moon, but i'm going to hack it so I can play luigis mansion and other good 3ds games.
>>
>>29802610
Yeah honestly 3ds's are only worth it if you hack them, the price of games is too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>29802632
You can always buy the games then sell them after for the same price if not more, that's what I did with some of my wii u games, but yeah I agree, not worth the hassle now that there's a way to play any game for free.
>>
>>29798390
Leaks have dropped. Game sucks. Rotomdex pesters you every fucking second holding your hand like a child. Its easy. Story is weak. Game is a literally cake walk. Pokemon are meh. The beast Pokemon reveal is so fucking stupid. It's just real mediocre. I'd regret it too.
>>
>>29798173
No, not just for Sun/Moon.

But, if you have a 3DS, you can now play every single generation of pokemon. Virtual console RBY, HGSS, ORAS, DPPt, BW, XY, and now SM. All 7 gens on a single console.
>>
>>29798173
You're going to be soooo disappointed.
Waste of money imo. Just watch a let's play or something.
The game is so linear that it's basically the same as playing it anyway.
>>
>>29798706
The idea is to put the pirated game on a flashcart so that you can play it on your 3ds.
>>
>>29798173
Yes. I bought a new 2DS for 79€ on amazon with fw 10.7 mainly for sun&moon. Really easy to setup cfw a9lh. Best money ever spent with possibility of playing any 3ds game basically for free. Don't judge me, but I'm a student with no job and I don't want to pay 40€ for one game with a 22% statal tax. When I buy something I want the best value for the money and always prioritize hackability.
>>
The beat reason to get a New 3DS is for the Virtual Console. Pokemon and amiibo support are icing on the cake.
>>
>>29798173
I would usually say get the 3DS because it's clamshell and the extra 3D, but get a 2DS (unless the new 3DS is on sale) since the game barely uses the 3D so that goes unused for you. It depends on if you want something to carry around with a design that protects the screen via clamshell or a cheaper model at the cost of it being bulky and no clamshell. New 3DS also runs the game slightly better (as the device is more powerful) if you are willing to spend the cash.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.