[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still no fucking postgame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 9

File: 43645765467.png (544KB, 804x755px) Image search: [Google]
43645765467.png
544KB, 804x755px
>still no fucking postgame
>>
I actually dont mind lack of post game in games where it's the first game of the gen, since 100%ing the new region and messing around with the new Pokemon is enough post game for me

With ORAS it was inexucable though.
>>
>>29797285
It isn't excusable when the previous gen had no postgame to speak of at all. It should've rolled over into this new gen.
>>
>>29797235
The postgame is catching more things
>>
>>29797235
what about the battle tree
>>
>>29797235

>battle tree
>ultra beast quests
>catching the island guardians
>rematches
>defending your champion title

"muh no postgame"
>>
The post-game is dressing up Chicken-chan!
>>
>>29797235
The fact that you get to defend your champion title gives me a solid though.
>>
>>29797285
This was a problem with oras as well, the second and only other entry to the sixth gen.
X/Y was excusable because of converting existing mon to 3d and oras was made in one year.
Repeatable content is essential for the enjoyment of a monster capture game after the main campaign. .
>>
>>29797626
>Repeatable content is essential for the enjoyment of a monster capture game after the main campaign. .

I'd agree that it is absolutely essential, but not when Pokemon has one of the biggest competitive scenes with various formats to choose from (most popular being VGC Doubles and Smogon singles). There is basically infinite depth there.
>>
>>29797235

I guess, I won't have anything to do.
>>
>>29797656
Why not both?
Sure competitive has a lot of depth, but not everyone wants to go into it. The huge focus on competitive is one of the reason why youkai is a success, and why SuMo is trying to appeal to them.
>>
What are the teams of Red and Blue?
>>
>>29797996
Same as HGSS only Red has lower levels and both have movesets to accommodate Gen 7 Standards.
>>
>>29797656
Except not everyone is a competitivefag, and I say it as a competitivefag. Casuals have the right to enjoy something to do after the main game too. Why can't there be something for everyone? Besides, just because I'm a competitivefag it means that I don't enjoy post-game that's not competitive? I'm not allowed to have it either? That's bullcrap. There is literally no excuse but GF being lazy fucks.

>It's their first time with 3D!
>They are Rube and Sapphire remakes! Not Emerald ones!

What's the excuse now? It's the twentieth fucking anniversary game. They should have pulled out all the stops.
>>
What about quests/events? Didn't the demo have quests/events that activate after a certain date/ passed time?
I haven't actually played the game or demo, just asking.
>>
>>29798048
You wanna know the real reason they didn't pull all the stops?
Gen 1 Remakes on Switch to celebrate the 25th, which is infinitely more marketable and will allow Genwunners and Normies to play the game again without being reminded how dated RBY and arguably FRLG are.
>>
It's a new generation, you've got a pokedex to complete
>>
>>29798048
Looks like you played every part of the Plaza and Pelago features already. Probably you caught every UB already.
Damn, these people on here expect a full game to be more than 20 hours and still have double the amount for post-game. Get a life.
>>
>>29798077
I really have no hopes for a decent post-game ever again. People said the exact same thing for ORAS and said it again for SM. And look where we are.

>>29798096
There's been precedents of good post game in the Pokemon franchise. FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, BW2. All those games had extensive post-game overflowing with content.

So yes, whats is normal to expect for a franchise when it has done something is to keep improve on it, for a normal company anyway, GF has nothing to worry about and can keep being utterly lazy considering it has drones who have Masuda's cock shoved up their ass 24/7 like you.

>Get a life.
Ebin argument friend.
>>
>>29798048
What do you mean "casuals?" You still need to make competitive sets if you're playing in the Frontier, which by the way has only ever had one good extra mode. Casuals play the main story and battle and trade with their friends.
>>
>>29798048
>>29798027
>>29797235
>>29797285

They want you to do VC games.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/#pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon

>Once Pokémon Bank has been updated, you'll be able to use it to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

If you're smart enough to get blue version and GTS exists in SuMO, you can farm Mews and put them up for GTS to complete the dex if you haven't already.

Defending your title sounds awesome though.

Also Nintendo is renowned for adding patch updates or at least changing the data in interesting ways. Not everything Nintendo does is to /vp/'s disadvantage.
>>
>>29797235
>muh postgame
>muh difficulty
>muh lots of new pokemon
>muh good Pokemon
>muh horde EV training
>muh bike
>muh non-Kanto Alolan forms
>muh framerates
>muh dexnav
Disgusting how entitled you are. Gamefreak has worked hard to give us another based as fuck game and you crybabies just moan about stupid pointless shit. Go suck on your mommys tits baby ass whiners.
>>
>>29798096
>get a life
why buy the game at all? Just get a life bro
>>
I honestly don't get you guys' obsession to postgame to the point you won't even play the main game just to rush there.
>>
>>29798208
>gamefreak has worked hard
loving every laugh
>>
>>29798201
Nintendo is renowned for not making good games this gen
>>
>>29798208
All I want is difficulty options

That's basic stuff as this point but GF seems to hate the idea

Also the problem with non Kanto Alola forms is that Kanto has gotten too much attention when the mons were just mediocre

It's like every car blasting the same song for months on end, you get sick of it
>>
>>29798048
>Casuals have the right to enjoy something to do after the main game too. Why can't there be something for everyone? Besides, just because I'm a competitivefag it means that I don't enjoy post-game that's not competitive? I'm not allowed to have it either? That's bullcrap
I love when people keep saying that even if there's postgame, they don't like it so it doesn't count.
Maison takes as much time to complete as Platinum's Frontier. You ever see someone mention that? No, it's all "Frontier's much better" because the battles have gimmicks there so it's more "fun", regardless of lenght or difficulty.
>>
>>29798201
>Not legal Mews because they are obtained from glitches
>Mew can't be traded on GTS
>Not just injecting everything
>>
>>29798201
>sun & moon being half assed and unfinished is excusable because they put gen 1 on VC
Damn, never thought I'd see the day a nugen shill gets backed so far in a corner he has to shill the wretched gen 1 to defend nugen.
>>
>>29798345
What's wrong with wanting fun gimmicks?

Not everyone will willingly accept eating diarrhea after trying good food
>>
>>29798342
Sinnohkid bandwagonhopper, your opinion is not wanted.
>>
>>29798208
okay framerates do matter tho
>>
>>29798381
Where exactly did you get sinnohkid from difficulty options are more Alola forms?
>>
>>29798208
Holy buzzwords. Are you literally unable to write an argument without using one? I bet you are another liberal butthurt about Trump winning too.
>>
>>29797747
>SuMo
>This guy thinks that Pokémon hasn't always been geared towards competitive play

Can you just leave this site maybe?
>>
>>29798397
Don't try to deny it, Lucario.
>>
>>29798368
>What's wrong with wanting fun gimmicks?
Did i said that there was something wrong with it? Please point it out. Point it out.

>Not everyone will willingly accept eating diarrhea after trying good food
You accept a diarrhea completely covered in gold instead.

Again, why is a whole game shit on with "no postgame" because the facility doesn't have gimmicks?
>>
>>29798437
Shouldn't you be in /v/ right about now?
>>
>>29798463
Mainly because the main game tends to be a let down and the battle facility having fun gimmicks can make up for it
>>
Good, gotta finish this shit before 7.2 hits.
>>
>>29798497
Factory at least should be a standard facility of its own since Emerald and GF is cancerous for not fucking doing it.

But again i ask: why does having gimmicks suddendly make the postgame "infinite"?
>>
>>29798557
because people are retarded shit eaters and think shallow "endless" modes are the pinnacle of game design

these are the people who would be amazed if super mario games had an unlockable flappy bird mode after you beat the game
>>
>>29798557
It doesn't make it more infinite, it makes it more fun

I stick to showdown because I like playing random battles and inverse over the other formats

I would love to be able to play it on the main game with my story team instead of showdown
>>
>>29798597
And how does "not fun" exactly make a game have 0 postgame?
>>
>>29798625
I'm not one of the people who said there's no postgame

Just that the postgame is disappointing
>>
>>29798346
Does the GTS even check for legal OTs?
Because otherwise there's no way for the game to tell what's a legal Mew and what's a glitch Mew.
>>
>>29798208
Man with the lowest standarts: The post.
>>
>>29798557
But Anon, you can use QR teams (not sure about in the Battle Tree, but definitely online).
How is that any different from using Rental teams?
>>
>>29798694
muh single player, i guess.
>>
wait... so the Pokemon League was just an ORAS Battle Tower meme?!
>>
>>29797538
About bloody time too. I wanted this for so long and it finally is here.
>>
>>29798851
More like battle frontier fags got cucked with only one frontier brain appearing in the game and apparently she's LITERALLY from the gen 3 dimension.
>>
Someone tell me what exactly the postgame consists of.

We don't get a proper battle facility, right?
>>
>>29798135
FRLGs post-game is shit when looked at critically
Most of the Sevii Islands are small and empty as fuck and the entire post-game is over as fast as DP's. It's still a neat addition and could have been great, but as it stands its about as lazy as a lot of other post-game areas in the series.
>>
>>29797285
>first game of the gen,
implying third games are still 'a thing'
(they're not)
>>
>>29798415
Except literally most of America is butthurt about Trump winning. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29800189
Battle Tree
E4
Ultra Beasts hunting
Champion Title Defense
completing the pokedex
finding all items and TMs
battle royal
online connectivity
breeding good teams
>>
>>29800432
what does that champ title defense look like?

some random trainer challenging you every so often?
>>
File: noname.png (15KB, 1136x491px) Image search: [Google]
noname.png
15KB, 1136x491px
you can literally not refute this
>>
>>29800412
Well he won so get over it I was mad a nigger won the election back in 2007 but I got over it in 3 days you liberals need serious mental help.
>>
>>29797235
Please stop giving attention to the post game fag.
In most pokemon Game, you always do the same thing, and the post game don't really exist, it's more like whatever is tailored to your taste, some people like training their mons, other focus on mini game side activity, other filling the dex ect....

The true post game of pokemon is that it's a social experience, you share you mon, your story and battle people, end of the story.

Nobody care about the battle frontier that much stop with this meme.
>>
>>29800560
>Nobody care about the battle frontier
what? I would love a ton of options to battle at a battle frontier in every pokemon game
>>
>>29800512
When people say that there's no good postgame they usually mean things like the Battle Frontier.

I wouldn't call Delta Episode 'postgame' either.
>>
>>29800604
but Battle Frontier is basically the pokemon equivalent of an endless mode. there's no depth to it

the only time pokemon has ever offered a notable post game with actually compelling was the Johto games
>>
>>29800514
Your country is now fucked, I really hope you don't think he's gonna save your country. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. 2020, he will be kicked out with a new president to take his place unless he gets assassinated first. Who knows.
>>
>>29800412
LMFAO
>>
>>29800661
>libtards already resigned themselves to the fact that you can't impeach someone for being mean
>>
>>29800666
Nice trips

>LMFAO
Must be 18+ to post here
>>
>>29798201
>T-they will patch it

Is /vp/ the board with most newfags right now? I swear only 10% of you were here for XY.
>>
>>29797501
Explain "Defending your title " pls. What do you have to do?
>>
File: Screenshot_108.png (4KB, 188x88px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_108.png
4KB, 188x88px
>>29800688
well memed
>>
>>29800637
Pokemon games don't need "depth", they need infinite replayability in the postgame with you getting farther and farther in challenges.
>>
>>29800686
Like I said
>unless he gets assassinated first

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened someday though considering how much of a retard he is.
>>
>>29800729
lel I'd love to see that then I can really bash fags in with President Pence
>>
>>29800725
>infinite replayability
I'll take "What is online?" for $400, Alex.
>>
>>29800751
One part of what there could be.

Games should have both AI challenges like battle facility as well as online play (btw, only having 3v3 singles is retarded)
>>
>>29800741
He'll get it too, he's worse than trump.
Trump is his puppet.
I don't live in your country anyway so at least I'm safe.
>>
>>29800780
just wait until trump gets his hands on the nuclear codes my man
he'll start wwiii with russia, his closest ally during the election
>>
>>29800759
which it does. Battle Tree has three modes (singles + doubles + multi), plus the Battle Royal facility which is basically a fourth mode.
>>
>>29800725
...so any battle facility?
You're saying all the "no postgame" fags are all talking shit?
>>
>>29800914
I'm not saying SM doesn't have postgame at all.
But it could have more for sure. We only get a few modes at the tree league.
>>
>>29800935
but the thing we're asking is why does content have to be post-game exclusive to be considered worthwhile? you have four battle tower modes for offline players, a vast array of modes and ladders for online players, pokedexes to complete and teams to build. that is the same amount of content that pokemon has always had since gen 4 at least, and it's a lot compared to other games.

so why isn't it enough?
>>
>>29801097
Because gen 3 had more.
>>
options - fixed
>>
>>29801146
gen 3 didn't have online
gen 3 had a small as fuck dex
>>
Going to options and making the battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out + no exp share.
>>
File: Pee-ukumuku.png (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pee-ukumuku.png
30KB, 500x500px
>>29798208
>THAT quantity of Buzzwords
>Begin THAT kind of Gamefreak apologist
also
>muh non-Kanto Alolan forms
>defending Kanshit THIS hard
STOP IT, this is supposed to be the 20 ANNIVERSARY OF THE FRANCHISE, NOT ONLY KANTO, other franchises represents All of the eras of their games, A really good example is Sonic, Generations Has Classic/Genesis Sonic and Modern/Dreamcast/Modern era Sonic, Gamefreak Was sucking Kanto Dick THE ENTRIE YEAR, giving Little attention to the rest of The gens

Stop posting
>>
>>29797501
m-muh frontier is the only thing that matters to /vp/ wait until it and some minor features gets cut and they'll be sucking SM's dick in no time.
>>
Remember, if there isn't a battle frontier then there is literally no postgame whatsoever.
>>
>>29802541
Or a PWT
>>
File: Raeta.png (2MB, 2488x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Raeta.png
2MB, 2488x1616px
>>29798208
>>
I've been out of the loop and haven't visited /vp/ in a few weeks. So you'll have to defend your champion title and the league doesn't exist at the start of the game? Shit, I totally called in an early discussion thread, wish I had saved it.
>>
ITT:
>m-muh RNG frontier REEEEEE
>>
>>29797538
Elaborate?
>>
>>29798330
Have you ever made a game?
>>
>>29801146
>no online
>more
wew lad
>>
>>29798201
>Also Nintendo is renowned for adding patch updates or at least changing the data in interesting ways. Not everything Nintendo does is to /vp/'s disadvantage.
Nintendo doesn't develop Pokemon, they only publish it.
>>
>>29800304
>implying third games are still 'a thing

I didn't imply that at all. ORAS is still a mid gen game retard.
>>
I'm glad that you'll be able to skip the zygarde cell collection once bank comes out since you can just destroy your 2 xy zygardes to get power construct.
>>
>>29798048
>Casuals have the right to enjoy something to do after the main game too.
Casuals never bothered with the Frontier when it was in the game. The Frontier is just AI-controlled competitive play, and the reason it hasn't been showing up in recent games is that online play means that you'll never be sitting around without access to an opponent.
>>
>>29805014
Not really, Frontier had special rules in place to spice battles up.
>>
>>29805103
I really wish they would implement special rules in the multiplayer.

It seems Global Link will take a few steps towards that with a mode with special rulesets changing every few months, but we don't know how far they'll take that just yet.
>>
>>29797235
Is there side content that continues into post-game?
>>
File: fling.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fling.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck, GF
>>
A post game is supposed to be an epilogue of sorts. Still lots of meaningful content, but just not indicative of the main story.
BW2 did it perfectly, not sure why they can't get this shit right.
>>
>>29800780
>>29800794
Hillshills get out, you lost.
>>
>>29797235
>Muh Postgame

I gotta ask. What other version BESIDES Gold & Silver has ever had a good post-game?

>Muh Battle Frontier
Just a bunch of endless battles with a few gimmicks.

>Muh Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament.
A bunch of endless battle just like the Battle Chateau and Battle Tree.

How the fuck has this ever been different with the exception of Jotho? It has always been "find remaining legendaries and enjoy your endless battle mode" every gen.
>>
>>29807365
>Pokemon World Tournament
>Endless
C...A...S...U...A...L

A

S

U

A

L
>>
Can someone please explain what defending your champion title involves, specifically?
>>
>>29810159
Every time you beat the Elite 4, the champion portion involves a random trainer challenging you rather than just fighting Kukui every time
>>
File: Cosmog.png (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmog.png
1MB, 1600x1600px
Anyone know where/how to get the second Cosmog post-game?
>>
>>29810201
Ah cool, thanks
>>
>>29797235
>complain about lack of postgame
>really complaining about lack of Battle Frontier

I understand your pain but get the fuck over it. The Battle Frontier just randomly being in Alola, a distant region that doesn't even have a Pokemon League at the start of the game, would be fucking retarded.
>>
>>29800716
You're the first Alolan Champion.
You get to fight NPCs who want your job.
>>
So apparently

>The Battle Tree also features characters from the game like Guzma, captains, etc.
>Generic trainers in the battle tree have access to mega evolution, Z Moves and legendaries
>>
>>29798208
>let me trivialize all these important features with "muh" as if that constitutes an argument
>>
>>29810234
(moonfags only)
bring lunala back to the altar when its sunny ingame, go through dimensional rift

head to lake of the moone with lunala and there will be a little cutscene where you get cosmog
>>
>>29810419
>When its sunny

Fuck. It's morning here so its gonna be night for awhile. Does changing 3DS clock work?
>>
>>29810467
yea that works
>>
File: 1423105087734.jpg (70KB, 594x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423105087734.jpg
70KB, 594x480px
>>29810257
>using lore as an excuse to have less features

Nobody cares if it's the actual "Hoenn Battle Frontier™" you fucking moron. Call it something else if you're this autistic, make it another stupid tree, who cares. People just want the formats back, like rental and AI battles.

There is NO excuse for having less gameplay modes than your previous games.
>>
>>29810257
>the battle frontier now has a fleet of ships going through all the regions to bring the best trainers to the island

Problem solved
>>
>>29810275
Is that conirmed? It sounds pretty cool.
>>
I can't believe Victory Road has no trainers in it like GSCHGSS.
>>
File: d2734.gif (985KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
d2734.gif
985KB, 480x200px
>>29798208
If this is a clever ruse you are to cease immediately.
>>
>>29797235
Everything I see is "MUH POSTGAME, WORST GEN" why the heck do you want a post game? isn't completing the main story or 100%ing the game not enough? Why do you need to be sent to another random place to do wathever they tell you? there has never been a "good postgame" in Pokémon besides GS/HGSS since everything you get is to catch the other legendaries and go to the battle facilities, that's it
>>
>>29811858
It's the only part of the game that can be challenging. Otherwise it's just playing through the same setup of beating the evil team and becoming champion with different faces for another dull story.
I enjoy breeding and training new pokemon and trying out different sets and I would like more ways for them to be put to use and experiment even further. Online battles are usually people using the same teams but offline battles can have more variety and unique rules. Only having Battle Maison gets too tedious.
Inverse Battles could have also been a thing for the Maison and I would have liked it if contests had online multiplayer in ORAS. What I would like most would be to use rental pokemon again.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.