[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HONESTY THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15

File: disappointment.png (873KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.png
873KB, 1200x630px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11608733/

Is there still hope for the future of the franchise? Not gonna lie, the last two gens have been straight up disappointing. I'm at a point where I'm even considering cancelling my preorder.

Dont get me wrong, I still love pokemon and I want to see it succeed but it's reaching a point where I can no longer recognize it as my favorite franchise of all time that as been with me my entire life. Oh well, maybe I'm the problem, not the games.

Thoughts? Is disappointment a justified emotion or am I being stupid? What are your overall feelings about Sun and Moon and the future of the franchise?
>>
>>29781179
This game will always suceed because its for KIDS
>>
>>29781179
First off you're a dumb frogposter so eat a cock for that shit

Second stop being a little bitch
>>
File: 1476557582845.png (3MB, 1960x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1476557582845.png
3MB, 1960x1728px
>>29781179
Game is good, you're retarded.
>>
>>29781261
it's not about commercial success. justin bieber succeeds, boy bands succeed. it's not uncommon for garbage products to be the most popular
>>
>>29781179
Currently playing it, I love it.
From what I hear the post-game was poorly done, but I like the main game so far.
>>
OP is baiting, but honestly the games have never really been THAT good. The best thing about Pokemon has always been its community.
>>
>>29781179
Ignore these underages throwing a fit and insulting because they don't agree with you. I truly believe that this game is taking a direction that is not even for kids, nor faithful to the original series anymore. And that's a bad thing.
>>
I fully paid my preorder back in June. I'd cancel it but the store I ordered it from keeps the initial deposit ($20). I'll just suck it up and keep it.
>>
>>29781323
>The best thing about Pokemon has always been its community.
This, just like MLP, Undertale, Sonic the Hedgehog, Five Nights at Freddies...
>>
>>29781179
what we have to realize is gamefreak is obsessed with this market for "kids" I don't how bad diamond and pearl were for sales but that really made them streamline their games afterward. Then they just got lazy after bw2 with the lack of extra content.
>>
I don't get the hate people have for XY.

I've put over a 100 hours into it completing the story and my living pokedex, the new region was amazing and the big city was different from what we've had before.
Put about 40 hours into alpha sapphire and still enjoyed it
>>
>>29781335
>that is not even for kids, nor faithful to the original series anymore.

Oh shut the fuck up you drama queen
>>
Played for about an hour and it literally felt like I was playing Yokai watch and got bored. I honestly wish I was baiting.

Good thing I didnt preorder
>>
>>29781354
how? there is nothing to do once you beat the main game except for breeding for perfect mons and battling online. there is nothing fun about the game itself except for that. and maybe the battle frontier thing
>>
>>29781362
Those words don't make an argument, you child.
>>
File: 1474691358400.png (33KB, 1170x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1474691358400.png
33KB, 1170x1344px
>>29781179
Honestly, we just need a generation of poor sales. If the games drop off in sales they'll reevaluate what's wrong with the series, and there's a chance they'll say "we need to flip off the older playerbase even more!" but there's also a chance that they'll look at things and come to the conclusion that they should try to rope in that older fanbase again, with the things the older fanbase actually wants (as opposed to only looking at things genwunners who haven't played a game since 1999 want, like Kanto pandering).

Or maybe we just need another game by Morimoto or Unno, all of their games were definitely aimed at the older fanbase.

That being said, I haven't gotten out of the tutorial in Moon yet. Holy shit how long does this fucking tutorial last? I feel like I've been playing for hours and I still have zero freedom in the game, this is a worst opening than BW2. BW2 got better after its overly-long tutorial so this probably will as well but holy shit stop.
>>
File: op_on_suicide_watch.png (85KB, 1033x799px) Image search: [Google]
op_on_suicide_watch.png
85KB, 1033x799px
You've already been BTFOd on /v/ today pokebarneyfag
Stop reaching
>>
File: 1477698271410.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477698271410.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
Can someone explain this "Gen VII is bad" meme? I don't see a problem with it besides all of the slowmons.
>>
>>29781392
well whats different about the past games, only thing i can think of is pokemon beauty contests
>>
The series is about collecting, battling and trading, and they never disappoint me with those
>>
>>29781419
>poll taken on pokemon board
>board consists mainly of 16 year olds that play the same game over and over again
>btfo

yeah ok
>>
>>29781430
Dataminers confirmed no postgame besides the Battle Tree (which is a Tower clone that includes less than ten older characters as a lackluster attempt to differentiate it) and catching Ultra Beasts. The postgame is as bad as Gen VI's despite them promising the Battle Frontier would come "soon" two years ago. I think a lot of people are just super bummed out about that.
>>
>>29781430
salty kids without homebrew who have to justify their saltiness by going "pheh, it's shit anyway! those people are just deluding themselves into thinking they have fun!"
>>
>>29781430
Because /v/ comes here when a new game releases and /v/ is full of depressed neckbeards who love to hate everything about their own hobby
>>
>>29781418
>as opposed to only looking at things genwunners who haven't played a game since 1999 want, like Kanto pandering).
Calling it now, the new nintendo console will have a third person kanto remake with aaa graphics and it will be the most successful pokemon game ever
>>
>>29781419
/v/ is casual cancer, what makes you think a poll made there is valid?
>>
>>29781470
>Battle Frontier
will you ever stop suggesting that BF is the be-all-end-all of postgame content?
it's literally five battle tower reskins with slightly different rulesets ranging from "okay, this is actually cool" to rng snorefests.

what post game content of note did Emerald have that wasn't BF? oh, that's right
>>
Once you start pirating you don't have to get so dramatic about it anymore. You aren't losing anything by giving it a try, and if it's bad you can just drop it and not feel like you wasted anything. It also drops the weight of your expectation, which has grown enormous by this point - $60 mediocrity becomes 'pretty good for a free game'. You also aren't rewarding a bad developer anymore.

Pure comfy.
>>
>>29781501
This
>>
>>29781179
I feel the same as you, OP.
I still am gonna play showdown and be dated with the metas, at least to some degree
I'm still gonna replay my fav games of the franchise (especially GSC, Platinum and HGSS)
I'm still gonna enjoy nuzlocke, and rom hackz
I will still love and enjoy my fav mons thus far but I'm in the process of accepting that most likely the franchise is dying for me, and I will never enjoy anything new it produces as much as I did before but it's ok, there is still plenty to life as a whole
>>
File: 1477356361781.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477356361781.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>29781515
We get it, anon, you played ORAS before Emerald. It's okay, we can't choose what year we were born.
>>
File: 1474826032041.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1474826032041.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>29781179
>Pre-ordering

Dumb faggot. Buying shit before it's released is the cancer killing games
>>
>>29781179
the UB powercreep is insane
>>
>>29781179
You aren't the problem, anon. Besides all the shitposting here, we need to agree: the games ARE good (compare it with games like Yokai Watch, it's still better), but when we compare the last two gens with the others, they look like shit.
>>
>>29781540
you could have actually addressed my post
>>
File: absolutetruth.png (11KB, 570x442px) Image search: [Google]
absolutetruth.png
11KB, 570x442px
>>
>>29781586
>gen 1
>quality
>4
>quality
>>
>>29781586
Gen III should be a bigger drop. It's one of the least-selling generations outside of the Kanto remakes, even Gen IV did better before the Johto remakes

I have some hope Gen VII isn't irredeemable shit if only compared to Gen VI, but I still refuse to pay for this game new
>>
>>29781354
Horrible pacing. I was like double digits of hours before I had even gotten to where the 2nd gym was and I was like "shit, this is gonna be 1 long epic adventure!" Same amount of time later I had beaten the e4. Like, how was half the game 2 badges?
>>
>>29781586
>gen 2 not improved over gen 1
bait
>>
Anyone care to sum up the major positives and negative of the game?

Not asking for an essay, just some of the things that people who've played have though were good and bad?
>>
>>29781179
Should have waited, released gens 6/7 together for a full new pokedex.
Win the league in france and get a hawaiian vacation where this ultra beast shit happens.
>>
>>29781389
Yokai Watch is a better pokemon game than the actual pokemon games.

It's a shame that digimon continues to be blatantly edgy as hell, part of the drawn-in to it was the idea that it was just a cute simple game but now they don't even try to hide the drama and edginess.
>>
>>29781686
Maybe they'd feel like full games then. Game Freak doesn't want to sell full games

They want to give it to you piece by piece
>>
>>29781576
Fine, then.

First of all, Emerald's Frontier, a.k.a. the one people like the most and the one ORAS hypothetically would have had, has seven battle facilities, not five.

Second of all, even the smallest changes to the facilities' rulesets affects the way you play. The closest non-Tower facility to the Tower in the Emerald Frontier is the Dome, whose ruleset change is basically "Team Preview is on, battles are now two Pokémon each." Team Preview is a quite large change to how you play; instead of bringing a well-balanced team of three Pokémon to the facility, you're going to bring in three specialized Pokémon designed at least somewhat for specific threats, and then pick the ones you want to use based on what you see in your opponent's team.

The Arena is also a big change, in the sense that it's split into three 1v1 battles (when a Pokémon is KO'd a point is given to the victor and its opponent is removed from the battle, then each trainer's next Pokémon comes out). That, combined with the turn limit of three and ties being determined by how many hit points of damage were dealt, create an extremely hyper offense playstyle

The Factory, Pike, and Pyramid should all be self-explanatory in how they're unique and valuable.

The only facility that really sucks is the Battle Palace. Nobody likes the Battle Palace. But pretty much every other facility in the Frontier is worthwhile for either its subtle changes or its major changes. Even the Tower in Emerald has something going for it that the Maison in ORAS doesn't, because you can train a computer "apprentice" who asks you questions and watches you battle, and who tries building a team from your advice and performance.
>>
>>29781686
This actually sounds amazing. But then again this only helps me realize that main pokémon games are just not the same anymore.
>>
You should never preorder games.
>>
>>29781516
So what do you think of the game?
>>
>>29781739
BTFO
>>
>>29781323
>community
FUCK no
>>
>>29781739
Palace was okay if you like seeing how RNG works.
>>
>>29781559
Comparing Pokemon Sun and Moon to a game you've implied you think is shit doesn't make Sun/Moon good.
>>
>>29781739
But at the end of the day they are extremely shallow minigames, which makes it so weird that they are hailed as the greatest thing ever. There's no story to be found here, no/next to no unique interaction with interesting NPCs, nothing that makes the world of Pokemon feel more fleshed out. Battle Tower and its relatives are simply endless challenges against faceless NPCs thrown at you in a very methodical way. I'm not denying that there is no fun to be had here, or that the different rulesets force you to tackle things differently, or anything, but if you look at them objectively, that's all they are -- endless challenges.

If the main story in a game was a platformer, Battle Tower and its cousins would be F2P endless runners you find on the app store.
>>
>>29781586
>Gen. 1 the best
>With Mewtwo around
>No post-game

Kek. Fuck out of here.
>>
>>29781907
say what you want about gen 1 but it still has the most artistic merit and integrity
>>
>>29781717
So then you pay full game price. Kek.
>>
File: 1382957020372.png (285KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1382957020372.png
285KB, 500x375px
>>29781943
>artistic merit
>>
>>29781943
>artistic merit and integrity
what are those words even supposed to mean in this context?
>>
File: this.jpg (5KB, 400x75px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
5KB, 400x75px
>>29781879
>>
File: 140814_cinematic_garroshcalm.jpg (205KB, 585x318px) Image search: [Google]
140814_cinematic_garroshcalm.jpg
205KB, 585x318px
>>29781717
I was just kind of shooting the shit, but honestly while it would be cool, all that might actually seem a little bloated together. Would be cool to win a vacation for winning the league. Lumiose's big ass could probably be a bit to blame.

>>29781757
>>
File: 1415982439434.png (5KB, 277x271px) Image search: [Google]
1415982439434.png
5KB, 277x271px
>>29781943
>say what you want about gen 1 but it still has the most artistic merit and integrity
>>
>>29781988
again, you could have addressed my point. proving to everyone that you can't even debate is only helping my posts look reasoned and rational
>>
File: consider a load of this.jpg (94KB, 516x445px) Image search: [Google]
consider a load of this.jpg
94KB, 516x445px
>>29781994
Game Freak are retarded with the pacing and don't exactly know how to make good games anymore if Kalos is a reference point. Having the max level be 100 is starting to be very limiting to how much you can put in the game if it's so easy to reach it by just playing the game as is, mostly thanks to the EXP Share

It would be bloated and probably a little poorly paced like Gen II Kanto, but as it stands all the new gimmicks and content added to Gen VI and VII are making the games feel less and less well thought out and more like Japan's autistic mentality for designing games where it's okay to repackage the same shit over and over if you slap on a gimmick to it

I would say Gen IV feels like the last, big change to the series. Shit's stagnated hard
>>
My enjoyment of vidya has also diminished overall. I dont think you should blame the games OP
>>
>>29782107
Unless I'm forgetting something, after 4 we've just gotten tweaks and new battle styles.

I know we got a new type as well, but it didn't really do THAT much to flip the script. Not like a phys/spec slit did.
Megas didn't really do much, but make some of those pokemon more dominant than they used to be, for better or worse.

And yeah, if they were to put in both, alola would have been revisiting kanto x10 with how long XY's story went on. Nothing would have been a threat even if you didn't get exp share.
>>
>>29781988
He's not wrong. I went to the Battle Frontier in my playthrough of Emerald and got bored of it about as quickly as I did with the XY Battle Maison. It doesn't advance anything or matter in any way.

I was shocked when /vp/ started going on about muh Frontier when ORAS came out. I had never found it engaging in the slightest.
>>
>>29781460
Way to dismiss a poll that doesn't share your views.
>>
File: 1448466708879.jpg (16KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448466708879.jpg
16KB, 296x400px
>It's a pokebarneyfag thread
>>
>>29782427
It's because it was never engaging, they just want something to complain about. If it made a return you know they would complain about it not being the exact same and how that makes it worse.
>>
>>29781879
They're endless challenges the same way battling randoms online is an endless challenge. You're not going to be interested in either unless you like battling. Obviously playing online is going to have more intelligent players than the AI (usually), but I still prefer the single player Frontier because of the variety in rulesets. If online play had all the rulesets of the Frontier adapted into multiplayer, I wouldn't need the single player Frontier, but it doesn't.

>>29782612
That's completely wrong. /vp/ is not one person, I specifically have always advocated for the Frontier (though the PWT was cool too). I have a list of things I want out of a Pokémon game, and that list has been pretty much consistent for about ten years.
>>
>>29781907
>>No post-game
the actual game is more important than muh meme-game
>>
>>29782612
>implying that they can't make it worse.

You sound like a full-blown Game Freak apologist.
>>
>>29783067
The actual game is boring. Every Pokemon game after Gen. 1 is better than Gen. 1. It's not hard to be better than Gen. 1 either considering how bland Kanto is.
>>
>>29782107
I'll be honest, I'd be 100% okay with stagnation if it had a lot of solid content along with it. Megaman is the most stagnant series in history regarding its games (in the Classic series I mean, obviously the spinoffs change things up) and I love them because they're consistent in quality. The issue is Pokémon games aren't as consistent, sometimes we get huge games like BW2 and sometimes we get lackluster games like XY, and Game Freak constantly removes older features.

If Game Freak kept everything added to a Gen when they made the next Gen, occasionally polishing a not-so-well-regarded feature to be better, there would be a constant, direct increase in the quality of games per generation (barring some catastrophic game-breaking change that completely destroys the battle system).
>>
>>29781288
Eh, it's subjective.
>>
>>29783346
That's not even hard, they pretty much rebuilt all the assets they can use for like four generations in a row thanks to XY

It's a shame SM is as lackluster as it is. The fuck happened
>>
File: UltimateKek.jpg (177KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateKek.jpg
177KB, 533x388px
>>29781340
>being dumb enough to pay for preordering
anon...
>>
>>29781879
>muh story
>muh cutscenes

keep that shit out of video games please

go fucking read a book or watch a movie if you want that
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.