[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT.THE.FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: hawaiian.png (277KB, 570x442px) Image search: [Google]
hawaiian.png
277KB, 570x442px
ITT: Missed Oppurtunities

>Hawaii region
>no Phoebe
>no Bellossom
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29778911
Also no Tropius or Ludicolo.

Or Solrock or Lunatone
>>
>>29778911
It sucks, but at least Bellossom gets Quiver Dance now.
>>
At least they gave Bellossom Quiver Dance. Now she's a worse Lilligant.
>>
>>29778994
>Lilligant does not learn Moonblast
>Lilligant does not learn Sludge Bomb
>Lilligant has no coverage at all
Bellossom has a better moveset and more bulk.
>>
>>29778911
>Aurora Veil
>Aurorus doesn't learn it despite having Snow Warning
>Alolan Ninetails does
>>
>>29779044
>Bellossom has no speed
>implying it won't need to run Hidden Power anyways
>>
Or Volcarina and Heliolisk
>>
>Lusamine becomes ultra beast
>Has 5 Pokemon
>UB-Lusamine is not the final boss
>>
>Guzma isnt /ourguy/
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29778911
>>29778959
How did Game Freak fuck up this badly?
>>
I don't get it, why would an Okinawan be in Hawaii?
>>
I believe that male trainer doesn't get alo(l/h)a shirt.
>>
File: scott.png (43KB, 130x217px) Image search: [Google]
scott.png
43KB, 130x217px
>hawaii region
>no scott
>he even has a motherfucking hawaiian shirt
>and thus, no battle frontier

why live
>>
File: Forced Smile.png (2MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
Forced Smile.png
2MB, 1065x902px
>>29779629
>but Anabel got shoehorned into the game with a new personality and backstory
>>
They have unique niches. Belloseom is a bulky and has more widespread moveset, but Liligant is faster, can hit a bit harder and gets Own Tempo. When you can sweep some teams online with Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance and HP Rock you know you have a scary ass pokemon and hopefully belloseom can be a tanky all out attacker now with Sludge Bomb, Moonblast Giga Drain and Petal Dance in Doubles with the right sport. So I think honestly I could see Liligant more preferred in Singles and Belloseom get more love in Doubles. And while oddish line is not there for whatever reason, I still think it would be cool if in Sun you can just level up pokemon at a certain level who evolve via Sun Stone or with Solgaleo in your party and similarly in Moon
>>
No Tropius is retarded, why would it not be native here
>>
>>29779644
does anyone have the full detail of her relevance?
it seems so far like they're hinting to more stuff, but gf is known to cut off potentially good content at abrupt stops.
>>
>>29779682
Like looker, she fell through a portal with amnesia, and now works for the International Police.

That's basically it, just a shoehorned way to bring her into the current canon timeline, because she technically shouldn't exist anymore due to no Frontier.

They did that, rather than just bringing in a more relevant character to Alola like Pheobe, or even just someone the fans were asking for, like some old Rivals or Gym Leaders.

It's such a weird choice and I can't say I am exactly happy about it. Anabel was an obscure character from a single game 10 years ago that got retconned out of existence, 99% of the S/M players wont even know who she is. I'm thinking of all the other characters that would have been a better choice, that people would actually have been happy to see...

I bet Anabel was chosen as compensation for the lack of Frontier in OR/AS. Game Freak are clueless, if anything this will only make people more frustrated.
>>
>>29778911
Gamefreak is retarded. Makes you wonder if they're japanese at all...
>>
>>29778994
Bellawesome is actually straight up better especiallly those nice buffs she got in gen 6
>>
>no barefoot girls
>it's hawaii
>>
>>29779751
She might have been chosen because the Frontier Brains are the one thing the old universe had the current one doesn't so she was picked to show the difference

Why her is probably because she was popular back in the day because of her anime episodes
>>
Am I the only one who cancelled his preorder? This game is so disapointing
>>
>>29780051
Arent swimmers barefoot?
>>
>>29779674
because it's native to hoenn you retard. exeggutor is the native tropical tree.
>>
>>29780258
But Lucy was the most popular Frontier Brain and she also had a "popilar" anime episode.
>>
>>29780298
>exeggutor is the native tropical tree.
no

official pokedex:
>As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon.
>>
>>29780271
I don't have much else to play, and I don't want to be left out of Pokémon, it's been with me my entire life.

We're just going to have to accept that GF are going to half-ass their games from now on.
>>
>>29780314
Lucy was already in ORAS thinking of it
>>
>huge ocean
>no diving
>no surfing
>no exploring ships or even having a boat where you battle trainers
>no hidden treasures

seriously, talking of lazyness, we got to a whole new level
>>
>>29778959
>Ludicolo
Mexico has nothing to do with hawaii though
>>
>no alolan forms for other Hawaiian wild life mons like mantine because GENWUN ONLY LOL
>>
>cynthia wearing ridiculously warm clothing for hawaii instead of a sexy bikini
>>
>>29779751
>because she technically shouldn't exist anymore due to no Frontier
What? No, the Frontier Brains still exist in ORAS Hoenn, but we didn't see them because the Frontier was still going to be built.

A guy in the maison mentions Scott and Lucy, and the Volcanion event unlocks some TV news about Brandon searching for Volcanion in other regions.

This Anabel is probably the same from RSE, but that doesn't mean there isn't an ORAS version of Anabel.

Hell, for all we know SM Anabel could even be ORAS Anabel herself, that was sucked into the UB world and lost her memories, with no relation to RSE Hoenn and its Anabel.
>>
Did you mean

>Lost Potential: The Game

Because I think you meant that.
>>
>>29781302
>What? No, the Frontier Brains still exist in ORAS Hoenn, but we didn't see them because the Frontier was still going to be built.
Yes, although I am pretty sure there was text found suggestion the Frontier still hasn't been built. The characters you know as Frontier Brains aren't Brains since OR/AS changed things.

>A guy in the maison mentions Scott and Lucy, and the Volcanion event unlocks some TV news about Brandon searching for Volcanion in other regions.
That's neat. Again, obviously the characters still exist. They're just not Frontier Brains and are basically irrelevant outside those nods and references.

>This Anabel is probably the same from RSE, but that doesn't mean there isn't an ORAS version of Anabel.
She is the same from RSE, that's basically confirmed. Obviously there is an "OR/AS Anabel", but said person is living an entirely different life now.

>Hell, for all we know SM Anabel could even be ORAS Anabel herself, that was sucked into the UB world and lost her memories, with no relation to RSE Hoenn and its Anabel.
Nah, there is literally nothing suggesting it's any of this. Anabel in S/M is clearly supposed to be from the old RSE universe. They basically said "Hey, we heard your cries about the Battle Frontier not being built anymore, so we pulled this girl from the old games, remember her?!"
>>
>>29780314
anabel is the cutest
>>
>>29781450
>They're just not Frontier Brains and are basically irrelevant outside those nods and references
The guy in the maison specifically said he had recruited Lucy to be the Pike Queen because Scott had asked him.
>>
>>29781548
Ok? Still doesn't matter if the Frontier hasn't been built yet anon
>>
Bellosom > liligant

Liligant SUCKS
>>
>>29781560
The Chatelaines say they'll move soon to Kalos' Battle Maison because it had become more popular than Hoenn's. Meanwhile, Scott is already scouting people to the Battle Frontier that's going to be built "soon".

In XY the Chatelaines are already working in Kiloude, that means they have already left Hoenn's Maison. And considering that ORAS takes place years before XY, and SM some time after XY, don't you think it's safe to assume that the Frontier has already been built by the time SM happens?
>>
>>29781691
Yeah, those are very convincing points.

I mean, it doesn't matter much because Game Freak are too lazy to actually give us a playable Frontier again, but yes it can be assumed that the Frontier is probably built by the time of S/M. It has been approximately 10 years since OR/AS in-universe after all.

It's possible that in this hypothetical canon universe Frontier, Anabel would be a Frontier Brain there. But the one in S/M is still clearly supposed to be an amnesia-stricken RSE Anabel who fell through the portal into our current universe. And due to her having amnesia like Looker did, she'll probably never realize her true identity or even realize she has a famous clone of herself.
>>
>>29781768
>the one in S/M is still clearly supposed to be an amnesia-stricken RSE Anabel
They made that pretty obvious because her battle theme is the same from Emerald and not the ORAS remix
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.