[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toucannon Thread: No Longer "Just a Toco Toucan"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Toucan Sam.png (71KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
Toucan Sam.png
71KB, 800x524px
Can we take a moment to appreciate one of the best birbs?

First, let's discuss the whole family line. I love how all 3 have their own special quirk. Pikipek is a woodpecker, plain and simple. Trumbeak makes loud noises by bending its beak (which you can actually see in one of its animations), and Toucannon...TOUCANNON. Just

Recent studies in the past few years have shown that toucan beaks have another purpose besides reaching for fruits on branches too thin to perch on. The beaks also function as thermoregulators, similarly to desert hare ears or elephant ears.

So Gamefreak did what only Gamefreak would: make its beak heat up with RAGE. Toucannon is an ANGRY toucan. How often do you see toucans portrayed as angry? Fruit Loops ain't got shit on Toucannon. And it shoots things from its beak. That alone is impressive.

In terms of stats, Toucannon has the same base attack as Staraptor, which is very surprising. And considering the fact that it has Skill Link, learns Brick Break, Flame Charge (a nice reference to the thermoregulating beak), Rock Blast, Swords Dance, U-Turn, Brave Bird, and Bullet Seed, and has Sheer Force as its hidden ability, it's sure to hit hard.

But it's other stats are pretty bad. Toucannon itself is more of like a worse Staraptor, so that's a bit of a shame.

BUT WAIT
It gets a signature move: Beak Blast!
Flying type physical attack; 100 BP, 100 Accuracy
>The user first heats up its beak, and then it attacks the target. Making direct contact while it's heating up its beak results in a burn
While turn-charging moves are very predictable, Beak Blast is still a really cool move imo.

Well, that's all I have to say. What do you guys think about Toucannon or Pikipek's entire family line in general?

The one thing I don't like about Toucannon is the fact that they never officially revealed ANY of Pikipek's evos. Why? It's the regional early route bird, isn't it? Don't they usually show those off first?
>>
>>29772876
is shit, like unfezant his attack is high but everything else is shit
>>
>>29772876
The fact that it is usually standing and not flying, and the beak animation sold me on it
>>
One of my favorite pokemon from this gen. Liked it even before the animation. Can't wait to train him and buy the merch of him.
>>
>>29772940
yeah it's unfortunate
>>29773049
>>29773109
ye
>>
>>29772876
So is it like focus punch but it still hits if it's damaged? His speed wouldn't be so bad then.
>>
>>29772876
Would Choice Scarf make him more usable?
>>
>>29773208
Yes, it's like FP, expect hitting it doesn't cause it to fail, and burns the opponent if they hit you. S'pretty okay move.
>>
Honestly I've always loved my mom's toucan, it's just that I want a 3rd stage woodpecker too.
Like, I'll still probably use it since I've used the bird every gen except 6, but it's a bit disappointing.
I had dreams you know. Dreams of a steel/flying woodpecker.
>>
If he wasn't Pikipek's evo it would be 10/10 for me. Since it is I give it a 8/10 because of lost potential...
>>
>>29773263
I appreciate this move mainly because it threatens a lot of physical attackers. Unless they have guts or are using stone edge/rockslide, most physical attackers will be hesitant to attack in fear of being burned. So it may force some switches, with the plus of being a pretty damn strong flying move, with really good attack to boost.

Normal/Flying mons arent usually much, but this move alone adds a touch of uniquness to Toucannon, which I am very happy to be using in my first run through.
>>
File: 1478591302960.png (610KB, 909x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1478591302960.png
610KB, 909x1179px
>>29772876
Bump for best bird
>>
>>29772876
The autism in this post is outrageous.
>>
>>29773645
Put that beak right back where it came from or so help me
>>
It doesn't lose skill link does it?
Which is better on it? Skill Link or Sheer Force
>>
It's honestly my second new favorite Pokémon. No one will ever bear my boy, Granbull.
>>
>>29774022
It doesn't lose Skill Link, no. Pikipek and Trumbeak's hidden abilities are Pickup, and Toucannon's hidden ability is Sheer Force.

What's odd is that Skill Link only benefits Fury Attack, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed, while Sheer Force only benefits Steel Wing and Rock Smash.

So really, Skill Link is better.
>>
>>29774076
I love Granbull!
>>
>>29772876
They probably hid it and Trumbeak from the trailers because they knew people would be disappointed over yet another Normal/Flying early route mon. Especially after getting Bravest Bird.
>>
>>29772876
Can i get a gif of the beak animation?
>>
One of the best? A literal fucking toucan? No.
>>
>>29775169
>he didn't read
>>
>>29775205
What? It gets angry? It has bullshit pokedex science that makes it do ridiculous things?

Who gives a fuck, it's still a god damn real world toucan. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>29775291
ok
>>
I was using it from the start, all the way back to Pikipek's reveal after a series replay since XY reaffirmed my love of the first route birds, was worried the stat leaks would ruin it for me...and instead I get a thermo howitzer kickstand toucan? Fuck yes.
>>
>>29775291
Shutup and take the toucan beak up your bitch ass
>>
>>29773767
Hey fuck you man
This is a good post
>>
>>29775291
I don't remember real world toucans having flaming beaks that shoot rocks like a cannon.
>>
>>29777441
It can do all the amazing bullshit pokemon nonsense it'd like to. Exactly none of that will change that it just looks like a real world toucan.
>>
>>29773767
>>29773767
>>29773767
>>
>>29772876
Soon after its reveal it was the Pokémon I hated the most. It has quickly grown in me after yesterday.
>>
>>29773227
so long as you're not running beak blast
>>
>>29772876
skill link >>> sheer force on this guy
>>
>>29775169
fuck off
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.