[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they truly take out hordes and super training?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Did they truly take out hordes and super training?
>>
>>29772373
Hordes were annoying anyway. They were the laggiest part of the game.

Though for me, they were the only part that ever lagged. Not sure why that is.
>>
>>29772427
Shit man, that didn't bother me. I just don't wanna go back to how EV training was before hordes
>>
>>29772373
wait, fucking what??????! this game needs boycotting right fucking now.
>>
>>29772373
Wait, you actually LIKED Super Training?
>>
They took out hordes but Zubats keep calling other Zubats if you don't OHKO them. I must've fought like 10 Zubats in a single fight today.
>>
>>29772717
I wasn't fond of super training, but I'd still take it if hordes were no longer an option. I just dont wanna EV train like the old days, ya feel?
>>
>>29772373
Yes, but now all wild Pokemon can call partners to battle. It's pretty annoying.
>>
>>29772746
Do you think any other pokemon will do that?
>>
>>29772878
Oh okay okay. Well I guess I could get used to that. Better than nothing. Thankyou for the info
>>
>>29772854
hack it
>>
>>29772373
fuckin trash. fuck this shit
>>
>>29772881
They all call allies after some time, but the only ones I had trouble with were zubat because I didn't have any SE moves to OHKO them.
>>
>>29772972
I don't have access to PKhex. I would if I could
>>
GF sucks at coding. Hordes would destroy the system.

Super training is unforgivable.
>>
You know, I actually loved what Gen 6 did for things like IV Breeding and EV training and it made me feel like I truly could get any Pokémon I wanted with a reasonable amount of effort and time.

Here's Gen 7 and now I'm back to not fucking caring again and I'll probably just hack for max EVs and IVs.

Great fucking job, GF.
>>
File: 1475504864430.jpg (38KB, 428x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475504864430.jpg
38KB, 428x402px
>>29772373
Why would they take out super training? I fucking loved it.
>>
Somebody mentioned the Poke Pelago having an equivalent to Super Training in another thread. Must be the athletic equipment mentioned on the official website.
>>
Wow it's like they want people to inject.
>>
They probably took it out because Z-Moves with 5 enemies and 1 user on the field would cause the game to run at a silky smooth 60 frames per hour
>>
>no hordes
>no super training
>no hard mode

Can I hold down the left shoulder button to run?
>>
>>29772373
>No super training
this was something I was honestly worried about. I don't give enough of a shit to grind for EV's through regular battling, and Super training provided a more controlled way to boost everything. Oh well... how important are EV's compared to IV's?
>>
>>29773147
I hope thats true.
>>
>>29773449
Ev's are much more important for Min maxing. They add 63 stat points to what you choose. Then natures boost it more by 1.1x

Iv with levels of 31 give you 31 extra points at level 100. You don't get all of it at level 50 and why 30 Iv's are just as good. That's why there's different calcs for level 100 and level 50
>>
>>29772373
Surely they'll add another mechanism to make it easier, even if it's not as fast as hordes?

>>29773449
At level 100, IVs add up to 31 points, EVs add up to 64. At level 50 it's 16/32 difference.
>>
>>29772373
>removing features
This better be a meme
>>
>>29773548
If it is, I'm alreadyover it
>>
File: 1388864770267.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1388864770267.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>Introduce Hyper Training, which removes one of the biggest non-shiny reasons to hack pokemon (getting perfect IVs).
>Remove Super Training and Horde Battles, which had previously killed one of the OTHER main non-shiny-related reasons to hack pokemon (getting gud IVs).

I mean Super Training itself was shit, but it was something you could do if you couldn't check the wiki for the exact Horde Battle that would get you the EVs you wanted, and Super Training's HUD was still good for breeding and checking EV progress.
>>
>>29773723
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't EVs/IVs show up on the pokemon's summary screen now?

I only used Super Training to get detailed EV information, using reset bags and when I wanted to add very small numbers of EVs/finish off a pokemon's training without having to battle something.

The real loss is horde battles, if they are truly gone without a replacement EV training just took a gigantic step-back from X/Y.
>>
>>29773810
It's feasible that horde battles would go. How useful they were was an unintended side effect of what they thought would be a cool idea, so it's essentially an exploit.
>>
>>29773723
>implying evs are shit compared to breeding for perfect IVs
>>
>>29773824
Damn, thats true
>>
there's literally no reason to remove super training. gamefreak are retarded
>>
>>29774229
So, are we old school now?

Please tell me no and that there is some way to max evs without too much effort.
>>
>>29773883
Execpt EV's literally add twice as many stat points at level 109
>>
>>29774229
yeah, GF is definitely retarded. almost makes you wonder if they're japanese at all.
>>
>>29773824
>unintended side effect

impossible because there were routes that had specific horde enounters via sweet scent and all of the pokemon gave specific EVs. They did it twice for XY and ORAS. It would have been unintended if XY had the specific spots and ORAS didn't.

Gamefreak is just retarded and removes features, or keeps them in a generation to make the feel "unique" even though the generations are unique enough from each other seeing as they all take place in a different region.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.