[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all these, are any of them even worth anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1478642630384.jpg (210KB, 705x679px) Image search: [Google]
1478642630384.jpg
210KB, 705x679px
Out of all these, are any of them even worth anything?
>>
Masquerain may not be total ass anymore
>>
The Dugtrio and Swellow buffs are both really good.
>>
>>29767961
dugtrio is ou now
>>
Maybe Dugtrio?
>>
>>29767961
dugtrio is the obv kanto darling this gen
masquerain is well needed but still meh
the rest are still garbage, except maybe pelipper as a rain setter in lower tiers
>>
If Mantine got an HP buff, shouldn't Skarmory get one too? They are basically counterparts when it comes to stat distribution.
>>
File: 1471758914005.png (824KB, 816x739px) Image search: [Google]
1471758914005.png
824KB, 816x739px
>Farfetch'd

I'm glad that they threw my buddy a bone, but I'm afraid there's really no salvaging him with only a boost to Attack.
>>
>>29767961
Beartic with 130 attack and doubling speed in hail. If this was gen 5...
>>
>>29767961

I feel like people underestimate volbeat/illumise

They aren't the best pranksters, but I had some good usage out of them with thunder wave/baton pass/encore shenanigans, and now they are bulkier so they can do that job better. If the opponent uses any boosting move, you can usually come in and encore them, thunder wave them, set up a substitute REENCORE their boosting move, baton pass and that booster is basically fucked.
>>
>>29767961

Dugtrio and Dodrio will probably be pretty good now.

Cryogonal is an interesting case. A tanky utility set could be very viable, maybe.

Beartic and Pelipper got nice buffs, but only if you count in their new abilities.
>>
>>29767961
Beartic hail teams will be good in lower tiers
>>
>>29768055
No. Skarmory has a lot more resistances.
They did give Mantine Roost though.
>>
>Illumise and Volbeat defensive buffs

Yeah, great. Make Prankster shitmons take a little while longer to kill, that won't be a nuisance at all.
>>
>>29768083
At least Volbeat can stand a chance of passing a Tail glow now
>>
>>29767961

crustle was already worth using, its biggest obstacle was priority, which talonflame being out of the running helps.

Masquerain can MAYBE do some things outside of PU. It can quiver pass and use sticky web, but now it can double as an offensive threat.

Woobat was usable, the extra bulk is appreciated.

Qwilfish is surprisingly useful with its good typing and intimidate. It walled some OU stuff decently. I'm sure that new sea star pokemo nwill overshadow it though
>>
>>29767961
dugtrio absolutely
dodrio probably
mantine along with roost probably
swellow sorta
pelliper along with drizzle fucks yes
masqerain maybe in low tiers
volbeat absolutely
chimecho maybe in low tiers
crustle benefits but it doesnt really change anything
beartic sorta
>>
>>29767961
Best fish is atleast UU now
Dugtrio probably uu or BL
Illumise and volbeat alot better now but with baton pass banned i doubt there better
Dodrio buff helps
Dragon dance flygon
Hail teams might be more common so theres something for beartic
>>
>>29767961

>Implying this will make people use a special based Swellow just for Boomburst
>>
>>29768216
>Implying that's not what everyone uses Swellow for already
>>
>>29768216
People already do. Choice Specs is Swellow's first set listed on Smogon.
>>
>noctowl got a stat buff
>to sp.atk

Just move it to def or sp.def, he's never gonna be a damage dealer...
I mean a special wall with 100 hp and 106 sp.def packing roost sounds half decent

But no
lol 86 sp.atk
>>
>>29767961
Arbok got screwed with only +10 to its attack. Some of these other mons really should have gotten more as well like Ariados and Noctowl. Well at least they tried.
>>
>>29768216
Orb + Guts + Façade is overdone. People run Choice Specs Swellow now.
>>
File: 250px-166Ledian.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-166Ledian.png
44KB, 250x250px
wryyyyyyyyy
>>
>>29768389
+10 speed :^)
>>
>>29768069
Give him new moves and z move.
>>
>>29768315
not only that, they gave it moonblast as well. for all the good that is.
>>
>>29767961
>Whooping +20 to dugtrio
>Faster Dodrio
>+40 Masquerain
>>
>>29768389
Don't act like they would have done anything useful for Ledian, half of these buffs won't even change anything.
>>
>regular Dugtrio gets Arena Trap
>Alolan Dugtrio doesn't
Why?
>>
>>29768009
>Swellow
How? Fast, Specs Boombursts seems decent enough, but even the buff to Sp. Att it got isn't really enough to make it viable.
>>
>>29768544
I've always liked Noctowl's design but fuck the stats are just too awkward.
That +10 sp.atk is literally the 2nd worst stat boost it could have gotten.
>>
>>29768055
Skarmory already resist more shit.
>>
>>29767961
Arbok needed a +10 to speed but a coil set may still work

Dugtrio is now able to KO Gengar and friends

Farfetch'd is still useless but at least Swords Dance will be a lot more effective

Dodrio is now in the speed tier it deserves to be

Electrode is still fast but it now outspeeds M-Sceptile and M-Beedrill. Might outspeed some scarf users. Thunderbolt is still better than Electroball in most cases.

Exeggutor won't die as fast unless its a 4x attack. Still think it should have gone up to 85 SpD

Noctowl is still average

Ariados still relies on rare moves.

Qwilfish is now physically bulkier and will probably be seen in UU more.

Magcargo can do damage and maybe survive some new attacks that aren't 4x effective

Corsola is bulky enough to pull off a support set, not sure if it has the move pool for it though.

Matinee is bulky enough to serve as Skarmory's counterpart, although it would have loved hurricane since it was usually in the rain.

Swellow is being pushed as a special attacker even though it only has heat-wave, hurricane, and boom burst.

Pelipper can now play the offensive or defensive role in rain teams with Hydro Pump/Hurricane/Defog/Roost/U-turn, etc.

Masquerain now has the stats for a quiver dance set

Delcatty is still not as great as the other cats.

Volbeat/Illumise can pull off support sets better now.

Lunatone/Solrock are still PU

Chimecho might see more use as a support role if it gets a better move pool.

Woobat??? This might be Swoobat and Swoobat can now survive some more hits allowing it to setup more frequently

Crustle might see more use but I still think the boost could've gone to speed for the shell smash sets

Beartic is stronger and might be faster if hail becomes a thing; don't know much about its move pool

Cryogonal doesn't die from most forms of priority now
>>
>>29767961
>>
>>29768203
>baton pass banned

stupid sheep
>>
>>29767961
Weather setters is nice but weather is not nearly as good as it was in gen 5 and gen 7 is shaping up to be about terrain, not weather, because of the Tapus.

Dugtrio is the most viable one on that list, though it was already one of the most viable on that list anyway. The Masquerain one makes me happy but Bug/Flying will almost never be good anyway.
>>
File: haniwa IN SPACE.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
haniwa IN SPACE.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>29767961
The Dugtrio buff is actually legit. It might actually end up in OU, depends how its Alola form is with that steel type. It has to directly compete with Excadrill.

That speed buff on Delcatty is actually a big deal too. It can now at least outspeed some slow stuff and tie other things, it's used in the lowest tiers but in those tiers a 20 point boost in speed is actually really good.

Beartic also got a massive buff. It now has Swift Swim but for hail, and that attack boost gives it a really high attack. Hail teams might actually be viable at some level now?
>>
>>29768203
BP isn't banned, passing speed and other stats is banned. Volbeat/Illumise usually only live long enough to pass Tail Glow.
>>
>>29769042
Alola dug won't have Arena Trap so I doubt it will be as used as normal Dug.
>>
>>29768812
I'm glad that most of the boosts are okay enough. Would have liked more for Noctowl though
Even if Corsola, Magcargo and Qwilfish are something now
>>
>>29769138
True, forgot about that. What's its ability again?
>>
>>29769161
Renamed Gooey I think.
>>
>>29769186
Wow, that's shit. Oh well. With its BST deficiency compared to Exca, without arena trap it probably won't have a niche. Oh well, maybe in lower tiers.
>>
>>29767961
In my heart they are. Gamefreak cares a favorite shitmon of mine, that's good enough.
>>
>>29767961
>Mantine got a pre-evo (which does nothing) and Skarmory was overlooked
>Mantine got +10 HP and Skarmory was left untouched again
When will Game Freak stop sucking Mantine's tail?
>>
File: 1378958346469.jpg (133KB, 805x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1378958346469.jpg
133KB, 805x1001px
>>29768069
Maybe they should have thrown him another Leak.
>>
>>29769254
when mantine stops being shit compared to skarmory
>>
File: 1396055402787.png (279KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
1396055402787.png
279KB, 470x469px
>>29768315
still no calm mind or nasty plot
pffft
johto getting bullied again

also

>ledian
hahahahahaha oh wow
>regis and regis master STILL overlooked
>kyurem and the shitty ching chong unova cover duo also got nothing

STOP
THIS
GAME
FREAK
PLEASE
>>
>>29768216
>implying you know jack shit about competitive
It was aleady the most common set
>>
>>29769329
why would they buff box legendaries, are you serious? yeah they can't compete with Arceus or primals but they're still way better than most Pokemon
>>
>>29769254
Skarmary got SR and Spikes, thats huge for a Stall mon
>>
>>29768116
>>29768757
doesn't matter
they are counterparts, a duo
it's not a race to make mantine better
skarmory requires more hp too with the recent promotion of offensive strats
>>
Chimecho could be good with those defense buffs
>>
>>29768055
well mantine has a pre-evo too, so i guess they arent counterparts
>>
The swellow buff is pretty huge actually, just for reference
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 237-280 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Infernape Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 231-273 (67.7 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 268-316 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hit stronged than a base 104 SpA, and is just like 10% less power than a base 129 SpA, and that is thanks to how stupid Boomburst is, he dont even have to worry about missing unlike Keldeo or other high tier special atacker when using his nuke move
>>
>>29768669
Fast, Specs Boomburst that hits ghost types.
>>
>>29769577
I hope so. I don't think it will be but I've always liked Chimecho.
>>
Arbok should have gotten +15 or even +20 instead of +10 to atk
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.