[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointments and Pleasant Surprises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Post your biggest disappointments and things that surprised you from the leaks

>disappointed
many new mons seem competitively weak
waifushit like Slutalit and Rimbobee seem strong
literally my mom's tucan seems strong
marowak is still shit (the most crushing of them all)

>surprises
good buffs to some old mons
some very interesting new moves
bug and ice type seem buffed overall
midnight lycanrock seems viable with no guard, I assumed only day doggo was going to be any good
>>
>>29760175
>Disappointed
Nothing really, the only competitive format I play is Randoms so team building or attachment isn't a consideration.

>Surprises
Plot seems fun and engaging if a little retarded. Trainers seem to actually have EVs, IVs and held items at last. Music and new Pokemon designs are pretty cool.
>>
>>29760331
I'd probably be happier too if I didn't care about competitive. You're doing it right anon.
>>
>>29760494
I wouldn't say I don't care about competitive at all. But I find that if you want to reach high in the ladders the viable strategies and usable Pokemon narrow in a way that becomes stale at a certain stage. I enjoy playing Smogon randoms because you never know what hand you're going to get dealt and it often leads to unique or inventive battles as you have to improvise on the fly.

But yeah I appreciate that randoms is the least competitive Smogon format. It's basically just for funsies.
>>
>Disappointments
Marokwak is still shit
Marokwak is still shit
Marokwak is still shit
Marokwak is still shit
>>
>>29761906
It really does hurt doesn't it?
>>
>>29761906
just give it 100 Special attack and speed GF you gays AAAAAAA
>>
>>29760175
>disappointed
Hoping for a plethora of familiar characters for the battle tree, not ~12.
Type: Null is post-game so an all Type: Null run or 3 isn't realistic without hax.
>surprises
Story seems actually decent
Z moves aren't just nukes exclusively
>>
>>29760175
>disappointed
Smogonfags will be shitting all over newmons for years because they still think competitive pokemon matters

>surprises
I was expecting Ninetales to be Moon and need to trade for it, now I can get my whole team in Sun
Pokemon League as a postgame rather than Sun2 Moon2
>>
Nightruff being on the slow side is disappointing. No guard is a nice surprise. I'll throw on a scarf and spam Stone edge desu.
>>
>>29760175
>disappointed
Alolan Raichu can't learn Surf
Anchor is Grass/Ghost instead of literally anything else

>surprises
Toucannon seems pretty good
A-Muk got a neat HA
Z-Moves are a lot more in-depth than expected
>>
>>29760175
>Disappointments
Pom Pom Oricorio looks like a half-peeled banana from behind. Dropped.

>Surprises
Writing is good.
Wild Pokemon summoning allies is neat.
>>
>>29762104
That's my plan as well desu

>>29762180
Yea Z-moves do seem surprisingly good I should have added that
>>
>>29760175
>Disappointed
Battle Tree famous trainers are few and they don't do a good job of representing their generations, or being famous
Most of the new pokémon are really weak
No new megas
Neither Red or Blue have a mega or a z-crystal
Not feeling SM soundtrack
Alola forms are weak as well
Totem battles are easy and lagged
Ultra Beasts are a fancy name for Legendaries, and we have too much of them

>Surprises
Minior, Golisopod and Sun-Lycanroc are looking good
The main game might be challenging because of trainers with efforted teams (but they also have weak moves)
A League to play and Gym Leaders (although they only have 3 pokémon, and that's after the campaign...)

I'm going to play before I take my judgment but SM might end up being my last games.
>>
>Disappointments
Sandalit's evolution. I fuckin looooved Sandalit when it was revealed and I was expecting something really cool, but that evolution is just so awkward looking and another case of "it just gets slightly bigger".
>>
>>29762686
>Alola forms are weak as well

Ninetails, Muk, and Golem at the very least are straight up better than their original forms and I'd say Sandslash is too.
>>
>>29762793
I think you mean
>it just gets allot sluttier
>>
>>29762884
Yeah, I guess that too. I don't usually meme about "slutty" pokemon but this one is weirdly sexually charged. I thought Sandalit's evolution would have some sort of bandit theme because of the thingies on its neck, so I don't know where this came from.
>>
>>29762972
Game freak pandering to their virgin weeb core audience
>>
>>29760175
>midnight lycanrock seems viable with no guard
no guard mean focus blasts hits 100% of the time. And they stripped its speed to put points into hp and defences but it still can't take a hit
>>
>>29763123
scarf + stone edge spam my man
>>
>>29760175
>Disappointed
Incineroar's speed
Dusknoir didn't get buffed
Battle Tree
>Surprises
Gale Wings nerf
>>
>>29763180
gale wings nerf feels like salt in the wound desu, they gave us so many tools against smogon bird they didn't need to make him totally useless
>>
>Disappointing
Fuck those trainer movesets
Fuck the Battle Tree for getting my hopes up
Fuck that leaker who said a lot of oldmons were being buffed he made it sound like there'd be more than what we got, but that one's on me
The stat spreads are mediocre

>Surprises
Trainers have EVs and frequently use Z-Moves on you on the other hand
A good story
I like the postgame league
The meta could be fun, but I feel bad for Talonflame and Quagsire, especially Quagsire.

>>29763272
This. I'm glad Gengar got hit so other Ghosts had a chance but the Gale Wings gutting since you can barely call it just a nerf was too much.
>>
>>29760175
>disappointments
Wishiwashi's speed.

Wimpod keeps its ability when it evolves.

>pleasant surprises
Marshadow's type is exactly what I wanted it to be.

Ribombee is good.

Poison type legendary (if you consider UBs as legends)

Poison/Rock mon.

Salazzle's speed.

Buzzwole's name.

MY GIRL PHEROMOSA TURNED OUT GREAT ABD CAN'T BE FUCKED BY BRAVE BIRB BECAUSE THEY NERFED IT TO HELL
>>
When will I know if my waifumon MegaMawile is getting nerfed?
>>
>>29763159
>It eventually gets headshash

Gamefreak PLEASE. I'd also appreciate high jump kick
>>
>>29760175
>waifushit like Slutalit and Rimbobee seem strong
>waifushit

The fuck?
>>
>>29763347
>The meta could be fun, but I feel bad for Talonflame and Quagsire, especially Quagsire.

What happened to quagsire?
>>
>>29764739
They killed Unaware hard dude.

I have a Quagsirefag buddy and he didn't deserve to see it get nerfed. It's not even doubles suited. They could have given Clefable the Gengar treatment.
>>
>disappointed
No Gladion rematch with a full team

>Surprised
Colress being in the battle tree. I actually wasn't expecting anymore trainers other than Wally and Cynthia because of pessimism, now I'm excited that I can team with the best part of Gen V
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.