[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DECIDUEYE IS THE FAVORED STARTER OF THE GEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Based Hoku of Good Taste.png (579KB, 855x481px) Image search: [Google]
Based Hoku of Good Taste.png
579KB, 855x481px
>mfw you realize Decidueye can just trap a Pokemon, set up to kingdom come with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass to an ally for sweep

UBERS
B
E
R
S

SHITTENFAGS GET FUCKED
>>
>>29740926
not with that base 75 speed LMAO
>>
I'm sad that all we're reduced to is shitposting endlessly. Wish we would get the CIA already so we could actually play the fucking game.
>>
File: IMG_5694.jpg (94KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.jpg
94KB, 640x607px
>>29740926
Ignoring the gross exaggeration here, this does seem like a niche with some utility. Baton Passing a Spirit Shackle lock is not something to be taken lightly, and Decidueye has both +2 boost moves. There's always a chance that the widely-swinging nerfbat this gen hit Baton Pass and prevented lockpassing, which would defeat the whole purpose of Decidueye learning it. Seems like a very GameFreak move to pull, honestly, but we will see.

In Smogon terms, I doubt it'll make OU but UU seems possible. Maybe a set with ShacklePass and Swords Dance with Leaf Blade could function as a wallbreaker who can pivot nicely to an ally, potentially allowing them to set up even further.

I would trade the viability of my other favorites to swap its Speed and Sp.Attack, though. Such a waste.
>>
Spirit shackle is a debuff, the enemy mon is trapped for 5 turns, you can switch without batoon pass and the enemy is still trapped.

There, ubers at d1.
>>
>>29741039
better than fucking BASE 60 YOU DUMB FUCKING CATFUCKER
>>
>users

Retard spotted
>>
>>29741677
>>users
what?
>>
Kek

Rowletfag since day 1

We did it!
>>
>>29743029
>We did it!
Reddit :^)
>>
Is everyone stuck in Gen 3 or something? It'll work like Mean Look, ie you can switch once the Spirit Shackle user leaves the field.
>>
>>29743123
Which is why you trap something that isn't a threat to Decidueye and just set up till you're confident your main sweeper can finish or do major damage you mong.
>>
>>29743193
How are you going to trap something that isn't a threat to Decidueye? Why would something stay in? It'll limit defensive mons, sure. You're not going to get up a free hazard with Ferrothorn on it but at the same time you're not supposed to stay in versus mons that grant a free switch anyway.
>>
>>29744029
Because its faster than...
I guess you could trap primarina?
No, moonblast.
Hariyama, maybe?
>>
>>29744110
This isn't about it being slow, anon. This is about trapping something unfavorable. How are you going to do that?

>Anticipate a switch
No one's going to be switching in something that doesn't deal with Decidueye into Decidueye. Like, you know, every other Pokémon in the game.

>Do it on the switch
Unlike something like Mega Gengar, you can't trap something on the same turn that you enter the field. You need to spend a turn doing so, during which the opponent is free to switch into whatever he wants.

This isn't to say that Spirit Shackle won't see usage - oh it will. It will be useful for giving to an easy switch to a TEAMMATE, but it won't be Ubers.

Example:
>Decidueye is out on the field
>Opponent has a Primarina out
>Fearing the Grass-type move, Primarina switches out into Salandit2
>Decidueye uses Spirit Shackle on the incoming Salandit2
Now Salandit2 is trapped, so Decidueye gets a free turn to switch into a counter, such as Tyranitar. But once Decidueye leaves the field, Salandit2 is free to switch if needed.

Decidueye won't be able to use it to set up itself unless the opponent is really, really stupid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.