[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wise words from Karen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: BKFWnO_CIAEHoVm.jpg (42KB, 347x640px) Image search: [Google]
BKFWnO_CIAEHoVm.jpg
42KB, 347x640px
In these trying times
>>
>>29740543
Fuck off Newfag/Karenfag.
>>
not right now boblak adults are talking
>>
>>29740543
Reminds me of a thread I saw where someone was asking for help in Platinum and someone asked why they caught and raised gible/gabite when they could have caught a much higher level one in Victory Road.

Min/maxing, pointlessly efficient, it's boring and especially unnecessary for the story mode.
>>
If you don't like to compete, you're a fucking low testosterone beta boy. Men's psyche have a built-in imperative to be competitive, because the percentage of men that never reproduce is much higher than women, so a healthy male gets a lot of fulfillment out of competition, and the genetic trash shy away from it.
>>
Someone post the old man from ORAS.
>>
It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokemon that can win rather than their favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>29740724
But what if I'm a girl, can I just enjoy the game then?
>>
>>29740989
>femanons
>>
legendaryfags should be gassed
>>
>>29740724
I bet you can't hold your breath for longer than ten minutes you little beta bitch boy. Prove to us you can, or are you a low test fuck?
>>
File: hwVPIJ2.png (770KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
hwVPIJ2.png
770KB, 1000x680px
>>29740724
I'm not saying don't compete dickhead, I'm saying that following the meta and min/maxing is boring, and it takes less skill.

Picture very fucking related
>>
>>29741213

If you find something worth using it becomes part of the meta. If you use something a skilled player found that others ignored it doesnt suddenly become less skillful just because others picked up on it
>>
>>29741213
I'm done having to explain why pika clone was a very good meta call and why anyone who thinks that this somehow justifies them using shitmons like shiftry is a moron.

Yes, blindly copy/pasting the meta is "boring" but in order to innovate and do something different that will actually work and be good you have to KNOW the meta and how it works. He didn't just pick it because "lol I like it and think it's cool" he picked it because he knew it would beat the meta
>>
>"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen, Elite Four of the Johto Region
>"You must never forget there is a place where everyone can shine. That goes for any kind of Pokémon, too. Spread that message in your own words. It's one everyone should hear." -Hall Matron Argenta, Frontier Brain in the Sinnoh/Johto Region
>"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." -Grimsley, Elite Four of the Unova Region
>"It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokemon that can win rather than their favorite Pokemon." -A random Gentleman in the Hoenn Region
>"No matter who wins, no hard feelings!" -Sidney, Elite Four of the Hoenn Region
>"What a Trainer needs is a true and virtuous heart. It is through their contact with Trainers that Pokémon learn right from wrong. The influence of their Trainers' good hearts helps them grow strong!" -Drake, Elite Four of the Hoenn Region

Which one is right, /vp/?
>>
>>29740724
That's a lot of shit you directly pulled out of your ass. Or maybe you do have some actual arguments to back up your claims, you pseudo-science enthusiast mongrel?
>>
>>29741396
As evident from actual competition, the random gentleman
>>
>>29741396
Karen is idealistic and retarded when it comes to battling, but ultimately right when it comes to pokemon as whole, competitive fags couldnt have hold and mantained this franchise together alone, just look at the FGC and their constantly dying games, it's the visuals and cool/favorite pokemon that make the series what it is. And trying to win with your favorites generates variety and new niches, which is good for competitive.

Argenta is dumb in the fact that some pokes simply outclasses others in every way, the only way they are useful is creating a place where they arent trivialized, which makes her point moot.

Grimsley starts good but ends retarded.

Random gentleman is right when it comes the competitive but also creates the mindset that stagnates games.

Sidney is right, in the end it shouldnt be taken so seriously, these games are for fun.

Drake is just spouting bullshit.

>TLDR version

>Right
Karen in a way.
Random gentleman in the other.
Sidney

>wrong
Drake
Grimsley
Argenta
>>
File: 1448406715350.png (229KB, 755x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1448406715350.png
229KB, 755x3000px
>>29741186
Fuck off there isn't a single person on this board more pathetic and beta than you
>>
>Proceeds to go with Umbreon, Houndoom and Gengar in GSC
>>
>>29742049
>Argenta
>wrong
>says this in the Generation that Sunkern becomes the God of Pokeathlon
>>
>>29742410
>that whole picture

wew lad
>>
File: The Daily Grimsley.png (211KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
The Daily Grimsley.png
211KB, 1500x1125px
>>29740543
Seize to exist, promptly.
>>
>>29740543
>try favorite mons
>bring them to endgame
>they get stomped because even with high levels their stats are fucking shit
Fuck this "power of friendship" bullshit, a truly skilled trainer isn't a trainer that just goes with his favorites, neither is an uncreative cocksucker who just copies the others, a truly skilled trainer is willing to try different shit because you never know when you might discover new talent, sometimes the shitmon with bad moves can be the key to support the other 5 bulky mons on your team
>>
>>29742615
Now you see "comfyanon" for the beta he truly is.
>>
File: 1448903669273.jpg (20KB, 235x503px) Image search: [Google]
1448903669273.jpg
20KB, 235x503px
>>29740543
Karen is right.
Everyone can sweep through the game with an overpowered Pokemon or a legendary.
There is no bigger joy than beating the game with your favourite, NFE mon.

Pokemon White 2 is getting both challenging and fun with my self-imposed challenge of using only non evolved Pokemon and gaining EXP only using trainer battles and not wild Pokemon.

>>29740956
Minmaxing is a must if you want to challenge real-life people.
But, again, if you're creative and lucky enough, you can always take advantage of cliché strategies and use those against them.
>>
I've only bever used my favourites in battle.
>>
>>29742410
>trying to guiltrip someone into talking to you, even when they have stated they are busy, because "m-muh depression!"
Are there people more disgusting than these?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.