[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Dark Void is shit, can Darkrai drop to OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Dark_Void[1].png (80KB, 286x168px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Void[1].png
80KB, 286x168px
Now that Dark Void is shit, can Darkrai drop to OU?
>>
No, the worst thing about Darkrai specifically is Bad Dreams. It's not like Darkrai is the only thing that can reliably sleep other mons. That on top of 135 SpAtk and 125 Speed is way too good for OU.
>>
>>29737127
>"(Pokemon) does (thing), (other thing), and (thing 3)."

>"Way too good for OU."

Fuck off.

It's possible, OP. Dark Void is now a worse Hypnosis in singles, so it's basically lost its reliable sleep infliction, and lessened the power of Bad Dreams.

It's basically a kinda frail mono-dark offensive mon. STAB Dark Pulse with Nasty Plot is good, but what else does it have?
>>
>>29739098
>135 SpAtk and 125 Speed
>>
>>29736996
>>29739098
Were you dropped on your head as a child? Darkrai still has insane SpA, Speed, and fucking Nasty Plot. It even has Poison coverage for Fairies.
>>
>>29739098
It actually does have a surprising range of moves for a Dark-type
>>
>>29739137
weavile has the same speed as darkrai, 120 base attack, Dark and Ice stab, and poison jab
>>
>>29739098
>Pokemon does 『Thing』, 『Other Thing』, and 『Thing: Act 3』
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>29739254
>ice
And that's what makes it a worse darkrai, aside from the whole 15 extra base offense thing. Taking 25% from stealth rocks, being 4x weak to fighting, 2x weak to fire, 2x weak to rock, and 2x weak to steel while darkrai even gets ice beam to deal with things that matter makes it overall a worse Pokemon.
>>
>dark void is shit

Wait, was that the thing that made pokemon fall asleep 80% of the time? darkrai was my lead in one of my teams just because of this. WHAT DID THEY DO
>>
It could if Tapus of Healthy Meta introduce even more power creep into OU, but it's still going to be really fucking strong.
>>
>>29736996
>Now that Dark Void is shit
What?
>>
>>29739115
this just in Alakazam is overpowered!
>>
>>29739098

it's still reliable in doubles with gravity support
>>
>>29739458
this just in Darkrai has 55/45 defenses!
>>
>>29739423
accuracy nerf to 50% + only usable by Darkrai
>>
>>29739281
Is that a JoJo reference?
>>
>>29739098
Boltbeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Calm Mind, Charge Beam
>>
>>29739526

lol and what about spore?

lol they can't even prepare decent moves without being raped by metagame

lol what a bunch of fucking losers

>A GAME COMPANY
>>
>>29739423
50% accuracy now.
>>
File: 1477802540681.jpg (25KB, 699x471px) Image search: [Google]
1477802540681.jpg
25KB, 699x471px
>>29739599
>>29739526
wowwww fucking gay who is supposed to be my massive annoying cunt lead now in my party goddammit
>>
File: 1478285165343.png (55KB, 462x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478285165343.png
55KB, 462x450px
>>29739281
I got that reference
>>
>>29739599
>>29739526
>>29739611
This. Is there another annoying lead ? I used to try shaymin flinch spam but that shit never worked
>>
>>29736996
Darkrai's staying Uber, though don't be surprised if he gets a lengthy suspect test.

135/120 is nothing to scoff at offensively, and 70/90/90 defensive stats, while not great, means he'll actually be able to survive a hit or two.

The big kicker is that he gets a fucking REDICULOUS move pool. While in Uber, there's no reason to run anything outside of Dark Pulse + coverage move due to the huge amounts of psychic types in the tier still, in OU he could run whatever the fuck he wants and it would be insanely effective. There's not going to be a single reliable counter to him, as he can still Nasty Plot his way through resists.

Basically, have fun with him in OU while you can, but don't expect him to stay there.
>>
>>29739458
Alakazam can't outspeed Greninja, Darkrai can.
>>
File: 1461444236990.png (509KB, 454x642px) Image search: [Google]
1461444236990.png
509KB, 454x642px
>>29739520
Yes, but Alakazam actually has an ability! Mark my words, Darkrai WILL Be OU this gen. It's balancing factor is that it has a completely dead ability. Darkrai is basically now Greninja, that is better and worse in some ways. Greninja has a more versatile movepool, and its coverage moves are stronger thanks to Protean. Darkrai has a stronger nuke (135 SpA dark pulse > 108 SpA Hydro Pump, though not by a ton), is a bit faster and can hurt Chansey.

Here's your OU Darkrai moveset

Darkrai @ life orb
Naive / Timid
252 Speed / 252 Spa / 4 Attack or HP
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off / Nasty Plot

Knock Off for Chansey, Nasty Plot otherwise to break through other walls. Here's why this is actually not overpowered.

>Can be revenge killed
OU has some serious Mach Punch users, and plenty of choice scarf users or speed demons could easily threaten Darkrai. What's great is that dark is weak to bug, so revenge killers with U-turn take little risk in losing momentum by attempting to stop him.
>Lots of potential switch ins/walls/checks
Mega Mawile, Klefki, Conkeldurr, Diancie, Keldeo. Hell Sdef Mega Venusaur makes a good wall to the knock off set, and could easily stall it out. Of course you could drop Focus Blast, or Sludge Bomb for Psychic, but then you're leaving yourself completely walled by fairies, or at the mercy of Tyranitar/Bisharp, and nothing really gets around the Mawile/Diancie/Klefki problem.

Is it powerful? yes, but it has real switch ins, and it can be checked without much trouble.
>>
>>29739340
>implying defensive typing matters on a fast, frail physical attacker.

lol
Ice typing is what makes Weavile worth using. That STAB Ice Shard and Icicle Crash is half the reason to use it.
>>
>>29739590
>lol and what about spore?

this is the most baby league question i've ever seen asked here
>>
Now if only they'd nerf Spore too.
>>
spore is balanced by a limited distribution
>>
>>29739590

Spore is limited to mushroom mons + Smeargle, and doesn't work on Grass-types, or Pokemon with Overcoat
>>
>>29739726
No, you're severely underestimating Nasty Plot. It's not going to be OU. The only things that resist Dark, Fighting, and Poison are the Toxicroak line. And of course there's Chansey, but by that logic invite back every Ubers Special Attacker.

Your understanding of the metagame is outdated. Breloom is the only viable Mach Punch user left. U-Turn doesn't mean shit if the mon in question will just die to +2 Dark Pulse. Those mons get severely dented or outright die with lack of recovery barring Venu. I think you're delusional if you call those switch-ins 'real'. It's lacking for counters.
>>
>>29739372
50% Accuracy
>>
Any decent lead to replace darkrai on my meme team? I haven't done team building in ages idk who could replace them as a lead
>>
>>29740205
Top kek

On top of now Electric Terrain being a thing.

RIP in feces Smeargle
>>
>>29739905
>>Your understanding of the metagame is outdated. Breloom is the only viable Mach Punch user left
your view is unimaginative. Conkeldurr was always on the cusp of viability. It becomes very good if it can counter a top through
>U-Turn doesn't mean shit if the mon in question will just die to +2 Dark Pulse.
They're revenge killers. Scarf Lando, Beedrill, Scarf Genesect. Good U-turn based revenge killers. They don't have to take any damage, they're checks that take little risk losing momentum.
>Those mons get severely dented or outright die with lack of recovery barring Venu.
Who? Diancie, and Mawile? Darkrai doesn't do shit to them, unless it both successfully predicts and also hits a Focus Blast.

Do you know what a counter is? It's something that can switch into any move, and win 100% of the time. Mawile and Diancie completely satisfy those definitions. They can take 2 focus blasts (though the probability that both hit, and that the Darkrai user successfully predicts is well below 50%), and KO in return. Heracross and Conkeldurr also the satisfy the definition of counter until Darkrai takes Psychic, and then it becomes countered by either all Fairies if it drops Sludge Bomb, or, practically all Dark-types if it drops Focus Blast.

Here's another counter; Specially Defensive mega scizor can live a +2 Dark Pulse Life Orb Dark Pulse and KO with U-turn 100% of the time. Though the probability swings in Darkrai's favour if stealth rock in the field, Scizor wins 40% of the time.

Before you reply, I've thought about it and I think Darkrai is actually still going to be Uber. I only replied because I think your argument is constructed like trash. Basically, it is very hard to fully wall, so it is a pretty good stallbreaker, while still being incredible against offense. It's a jack of all trades, and master of them all too.
>>
>>29740246
Smeargle can't learn it anymore either
>>
>>29740508
>your view is unimaginative. Conkeldurr was always on the cusp of viability. It becomes very good if it can counter a top through

Cut the shit. You have the XY meta in mind, just admit it. Things have changed since then. Conk and Sylveon are no longer OU. Conk wouldn't rise just to handle Darkrai. Mandibuzz sooner satisfies that role, but as with Hoopa-U (which you wouldn't know about either), when Mandibuzz rose in usage, the Thunderbolt set rose in usage.

If you're only talking checks, that's insufficient. You can end up losing a mon every time you want to bring one of those in.

Mawile gets dented as fuck by Focus Blast, are you kidding? It's virtually a 2HKO. And even then, they're unreliable since they lack reliable recovery, i.e. they just get dented down until they can't switch in anymore.

I feel like your recitation of what a counter is is meant for yourself rather than me. A counter has to deal with all usable sets of Darkrai, not a particular one. SpDef Mega Scizor is far from a counter since as you said you're assuming it's coming in at 100%, when hazards are always a reality.

I'm glad you've come to that conclusion. It's like saying Ho-Oh is ready for OU because of Stealth Rock. You should understand how your argument looks to anyone up to date with the meta.
>>
>>29740246

oh, but you know that smeargle can do many other combos to fucking trap you, to baton pass and shit you right? :3( sleep never was a thing anon
>>
File: IMG_0493.png (120KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.png
120KB, 800x768px
>>29740205
no fucking way
>>
>>29741327
>>
>>29739868
Don't forget safety goggles too. So literally any mon can be resistant to Spore. (Not that that's generally the best or even a good option.... but it's there.)
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.