[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's literally no reason for this thing to be in ubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-386Deoxys-Speed.png (553KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-386Deoxys-Speed.png
553KB, 1200x1200px
There's literally no reason for this thing to be in ubers
>>
It looks cool, thats enough of a reason anon.
>>
you're not the first person to say that. Every generation since IV we've had Deoxy-S in ubers for a certain period of time before it inevitably gets banned. Get ready for it to happen again in Gen VII.

Fun fact Deoxys-N was legal in OU for a brief period at the start of VI, that was fun.
>>
>>29731505
> ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY BASE SPEED
>no reason to be ubers.

Are you for real
>>
>>29732259
>Pancham used Sucker Punch!
>>
>>29731673
Seriously fuck anyone who says we need to bring Deoxys forms down to OU, Deoxys-S OU was literally the worst period of gen 4.
>>
>>29732289
>Deoxys used Extremespeed!
>>
>>29732289
>But it failed!
>Deoxys used Spikes!

moran
>>
Doesn't this happen every single gen?

>Group of new players form a collective thinking that because Deoxys-S has average attacking and defending stats that it should be dropped from Ubers.
>They clearly have not played any prior gens because they would remember that this happens at the beginning of every gen
>Deoxys is brought down
>Used on every team
>Gets sent back to Ubers promptly
>>
Deoxys has been in OU time and time again, and in due time he always finds his way back into Ubers.

It destroyed some metagames in the small time window he was allowed in.
>>
>>29732289
Never mind the fact that it doesnt get sucker punch.
>>
Remember 5th gen Deoxys-D in OU.
>>
>>29731505
180 speed stat doesn't belong in ubers?
what are you fucking gay?
>>
I love this thing and wish it could be OU but I can't see it being balanced. If Azelf can maintain OU usage in the era of Mega Sableye this thing would be everywhere.
>>
>>29732732
>he
>>
>>29731505
that thing can rot in ubers for all i care

though its still a travesty what they did to deoxys-n
>>
File: avilio.gif (1MB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
avilio.gif
1MB, 500x381px
>>29732289
>accelgor used final gambit!
>>
>>29731505
Damn straight. I don't care how drunk he is, it's only two blocks to his place.
>>
>Ninjask used protect
>Ninjask's speed rose
>Ninjask used x-sissor
>>
>>29731505
You don't play much competitive Pokemon, do you?
>>
>>29732289
>Sucker Punch
enjoy the sneaky pebbles
>>
>>29734152
kek
>>
>>29734256
Speed doesn't make for average attack and piss defenses
It's only really good as trap setter,which klefki can perform better
>>
>>29731505

You do know we literally go through this every generation, and EVERY time, people like you are proven wrong?

Gen 7 won't be any different. Deoxys-Speed is a blight on the Singles OU format. It always has been and always will be.
>>
>>29734341
Klefki doesn't have stealth rock, skill swap or taunt. And the speed lets it revenge kill things decently well too, offensive deo-s was a very cool set in ou
>>
>>29731505
>free rocks and layer of spikes
>outspeeds any potential taunter and can therefore outtaunt
>extensive move pool and massive 140BP move augmented with its perfect speed stat make it the best (and unwallable) revenge killer in the game

Yeah gonna have to go with no on that one.
>>
>>29734341

>piss defense

you do know Deoxys-S only needs to invest in 16 speed to be able to outspeed every single pokemon in the game barring retarded shit like Scarf Electrode/Accelgor, right?

You do know that means it now has 494 EVs to invest in literally anything it wants to right?

Now them 50/90 defenes aint looking too bad now when you can invest 494 into its HP and either defense stat, right?

So now you have a revenge killer that can always set up at least one layer of spikes that has bulk on par with a uninvested Mew, right?
>>
>>29731505
There's literally no reason to play by Smogon's rules and tiers
>>
>>29734016
>Deo-N will never have 50/110/110/110/110/110 base stats
My instincts tell me that life shouldn't be so horrible.
>>
>>29734152
Took me a second.
>>
>>29734397
This was all before M-sableye though
>>
>>29734545

Yeah M-Sab is a pretty hard counter to Deo-S but if Deo-S is unbanned then M-Sab starts to get slapped on teams even more often than it already is. It's too centralizing. Mega Slowbro, Flygon and Lando-T can counter or check certain Primal Groudon sets, does that mean it should be unbanned? No.
>>
>>29734545
>>29734683

M-Sableye isn't quite a hard counter - Skill Swap and you're good to set up hazards

Same for Mega Diancie
>>
File: popest kek.jpg (242KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
popest kek.jpg
242KB, 700x504px
>>29734152
Wow, lost.
>>
>>29731505
No. Legendaries have no place in lower tiers unless they're crippled by awful typings or movepools or whatever.
They muscle out competition by virtue of sheer base stat advantage. This isn't a big deal in OU where many pokemon have base stats comparable to your average legendary, so the gap isn't as major, but in UU and below it's absolute bullshit. Suicune is the perfect example. Suicune IS the UU metagame because it has 100/115/115 bulk AND 90 Satk and 85 Spe, meaning that it functions simultaneously as a wall and a sweeper because it just has shitloads of stats and can do whatever it wants with no real weaknesses. Your only options against it are
>Wall it with water immunity and hope it's one of the variants that only packs Scald
>Phaze it out and hope you can deal with it later
>Trick a choice item onto it so it's at least manageable
If you team doesn't have Suicune and/or a dedicated Suicune counter, your team is garbage and you will lose consistently. That is what overpowered means, and is why legendaries should not be allowed outside of Ubers.

If you let Doexys back into OU, it would do the same thing Suicune does to UU.
>>
>>29732304
>Worst Period of Gen 4
>Not talking about Sand Veil Garchomp.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.