[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the rumors of old Pokémon being buffed (or nerfed if the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Chesnaught yells at bird.png (134KB, 674x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chesnaught yells at bird.png
134KB, 674x500px
With the rumors of old Pokémon being buffed (or nerfed if the Gengar thing is true) and this generation's Pokémon apparently having shit stats as far as we can tell, is it possible that Gamefreak is just testing this generation's Pokémon before they buff/tweak them in the next one in order to avoid a case where one or two Pokémon ended up overshadowing the rest because they were too good?

Maybe Gamefreak don't want a Talonflame 2.0 that overshadows all of its fellow Pokémon from the same generation because they made it too strong. I wouldn't be surprised if there's artists working for Gamefreak who were upset that their designs were barely used because some of the other Pokémon ended up being too strong.

Or am I just being a hopeful fool?
>>
I believe that you are correct. Decidueye will be buffed by having Keen Eye as a hidden ability.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 605x1322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 605x1322px
>>29729438
Gengar will NEVER be nerfed. It's Sugimori's favorite and loved by hordes of genwunners and normal players. Next to anything Ash has caught, it's always been insanely popular. Oh, and it's been OU since the first gen.
>>
>>29729438
What rumor? I haven't heard anything about this. Do you have a link to a past thread or something?
>>
>>29732581
This thread >>29711931

It called Toucannon's name before we learned of it.

>shitload of pokemon got boosts
>GENGAR LOST LEVITATE
>Gigalith with Sand Stream, Vanilluxe with Snow Warning

Losing levitate is a nerf unless it gets something better as a replacement. Which wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>29729438
The only way Gengar is losing levitate is if they give it something better, or if it's just a second ability and it still can have Levitate
>>
my boy ledian bout to go from FU to NU
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah and fuck yall who kept makin them johto shitmon threads last week
>>
"rumor" is giving it too much credit. It's literally one guy making shit up without evidence.
>>
>>29732971
NU might be NU but at least it's lightyears better than FU. I'd be happy if Ledian did get significantly buffed, because that would give me hope for shitmons with decent to good designs in the future.
>>
File: laughingmetagame.png (174KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
laughingmetagame.png
174KB, 800x714px
>>29732004
>loses levitate
>gains 3 new abilities
>speed boost, huge power and magic bounce
>still has shadow tag on mega
>>
Base stat tweaks can easily happen like XY but they will be no more than tweaks
>>
>>29729438
What if Gengar's just getting a second ability?

The only times Game Freak has outright changed a Pokemon's ability is when that ability isn't available in-game.

Chandelure had Shadow Tag, but it wasn't available in a Grotto or the Dream World. Same with Zapdos and Lightningrod.

Game Freak has a real hardon for continuity.
>>
Then Sugimori has lots of side hoes cause he said that about Flygon and thus why he couldn't do it's Mega justice.

And that's true, and that's not bad if it cause heck it might get something weird but awesome, like an ability that does what Big Root does or something (aka making it more like a vampire kind like it's inspiration is)
>>
>>29733320

Maybe but GF almost never gives pokemon with levitate a second ability. Bronzor, Bronzong and Duskull are the only exceptions to date.
>>
>>29732971
That post with Ledian is bullshit. Aside from the fact no new Castform form exists in the demo with the old forms, Lurantis leaker confirmed Milotic is still pure Water.
>>
>>29734194
and now I'm depressed again. Castform and Ledian are literally my two favorite shitmons
>>
>>29734095
In other words, they do give Pokemon with Levitate second abilities.

This could be how they get around the Gen 1 transfer. Gastly caught in RBY remain weak to Ground, because they have whatever the new ability is.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.