[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decidueye in competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

So is Decidueye really fucked in competitive or it's just shitposters exaggerating things?
>>
>>29725784
Hello red.dit
>>
It's worthless
>>
>>29725831
What's up?
>>
>>29725784
Both. Grass is not a good type, though Ghost is pretty great. It having low speed and average attack/defense isn't that great either. However, Spirit Shackle isn't too weak, and it does get priority, so there's hope for it yet. If it gets Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp, as well as Roost, it could potentially be decent.

I don't think it'll be as bad as Meganium though.
>>
>>29725985
This, also the huge number of weaknesses and low sorry means it's going to be revenge killed pretty quick and it can't take on the bulky waters it should be able to because most are faster than it and can run some kind of ice coverage
>>
>>29726293
Grass/Ghost has only 5 weaknesses and has 6 resistances/immunities
>>
>>29725784
It'll have a nice niche as an anti lead. That's it.
>>
>>29725784
We need to see move pool and HA. It won't be "le speedy sweeper" that's for sure but don't let the shitters on here make you think that makes it bad.
>>
>>29725784
Name a good slow non legendary/mega ghost type that isnt Aegislash
>>
>>29725784
It all depends on movepools and hidden abilities.
For all we know Primarina could very well end up being the best one of the bunch.
Please don't let Decidueye be another Delphox
>>
>>29725784
It's smogon fags thinking that their cult is the only that exists and matters

This thing could be good in VGC THE official competitive Pokemon community
>>
Hey does komala evolve are there more pokemon from the datamine demo
>>
>>29727252
Wrong thread m8 also no
>>
>>29726753
Chandelure is UU is he not?
>>
>>29726753
Gengar

>lel but Gengar has a mega xDDDDD
And is still amazing without it.
>>
>>29727748
>slow

>>29727762
>ghost
>>
>>29727748
>Gengar slow
>>
>>29725784
Depends on its HA. A broken ability can make most things way better
>>
>>29726962
>smogon boogeyman
With the exception of mega char-y and mega venu, starters consistently suck ass in VGC, even more so than in smogon rules. Depending on movepool and HA decidueye has a chance of being useful, but it's unlikely to be better than trevenant in any format.
>>
>>29728087
bullshit. Infernape, Blaziken, Swampert, Greninja were useful in vgc15. Props to Swampert and Infernape that are viable despite having shitty HAs
>>
>>29725784
He is never going to be in the big leagues.
>>
>>29725784
Bad defensive typing + low speed
mediocre offensive stats with decent offensive typing
grass type so guaranteed to have shit movepool
too fast to operate in trick room, PG2 completely counters him

HA is the decider for him, if it's not fucking amazing he will be NU with Trevenant and Gourgeist.

>>29726962
Notice how 90% of the pokemon Smogon banned from OU are tip toppity tier in VGC and battlespot? Smogon and Nintendo metas are working from the same basic playbook you tard. In fact Smogon's formats tend to permit weaker pokemon to flourish than Nintendo's do.

The problem is that even though VGC17 will have a massively reduced pokemon pool, it includes tons of shit that will just make Decidueye's life miserable.
>>
>>29727748
>110 base speed
>slow
>>
High elo here.
It really needs a great HA that either powers up its priority moves or fixes its speed issues and good coverage to make it the best of the three. Things aren't looking good for it but there's always hope.
>>
>>29728209
>Infernape
OK fair, I had forgotten about it. It does have a solid niche in 15 and even in 16.

>Blaziken
the superpower overheat hp ice set wasn't /bad/, but if you mispredict or fail to OHKO something then it dies so easily.

>Swampert
Mega-Swampert rain sucks relative to AV Ludi rain. Aaron Zheng worlds swampert is OK but gastro and milo have recover, and the latter has competitive to fuck lando even harder.

>greninja
So you were 1530 on battlespot, good to know. Seriously though, greninja was a trash mon.
>>
This question sort of has to do with the OP, but doesn't deserve a thread. I took a break from /Vp/ for about a week, we now know decidueye's stats? I can tell from all of the threads that it's slow, so what is the stat spread? Google gives shit.
>>
File: Enjoy.png (573KB, 636x694px) Image search: [Google]
Enjoy.png
573KB, 636x694px
>>29728433
>>
>>29726373
>only 5
To common attacking types.
>>
>>29725784
At least he learns Sucker Punch... I guess.

Goodluck getting much use out of Shackle though, unless you Scarf it, but that's not gonna help..
>>
>>29726373
> Weak to
Ghost
Dark
Flying
Fire
Ice

> Resistant/Immune to
Normal (immune)
Fighting (immune)
Ground
Water
Grass
Electric

Not great, not terrible typing
>>
>>29728433

>the superpower overheat hp ice set wasn't /bad/, but if you mispredict or fail to OHKO something then it dies so easily.
Even though it's frail, it was able to KO some big threats, and could do good damage to other things. definitely doesn't sucks ass

>Mega-Swampert rain sucks relative to AV Ludi rain. Aaron Zheng worlds swampert is OK but gastro and milo have recover, and the latter has competitive to fuck lando even harder.
Different roles anon. Swampert had access to wide guard to make it a good alternative to Gastrodon and gave no shits about thundurus which made it superior to milotic in some teams.

>>greninja
>So you were 1530 on battlespot, good to know. Seriously though, greninja was a trash mon.
1700s actually. I wouldn't call Greninja good, but outspeeding Mega Mence and having unlimited coverage options are always nice, definitely a viable 6th member for some teams.

Also, note how I said they were useful, not that they were great (though I do believe Swampert was indeed pretty good)
>>
File: 1477874554683.png (80KB, 630x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477874554683.png
80KB, 630x520px
>>29725784
I wouldn't give a verdict yet until its hidden ability is known.
>>
>>29726753
Regular Sableye is decent in UU.
>>
>>29729187
Well its ability kinda fixed the issue of it being slow.
>>
>>29725784
Just throwing this out, but assault vest with that hp and bulk with a 80BP trapping move doesn't sound half bad.
>>
>>29729355
It would be okay
If hes mainly special giga drain would be good
But he looks physical and horn leech is a scarce move as it is
>>
>>29726753
Jelliscent, Gorgeist.
>>
>>29731150
Jellicent is pushing it
Gourgiest is bad
>>
>>29725784
>All the Gen 1 starters are just ok
>Gen 2 starters are shit
>Gen 3 starters are p. good
>Gen 4 starters are good
>Gen 5 starters are unusable shitmons, Venusaur comes back to relevance
>Greninja and Chesnaught are good, Gen 1 and 3 starters and Serperior come back to prominence
>Gen 6 starters are apparently shit, Primarina doesn't look better than Azumarill, Luchatigre might be okay and Owlliver Queen is probably a shitmon with a just okay type
>>
>>29731575
Dont believe those stats floating around
We can only confirm decidueyes
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.