[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in the leaked Alolan Dex, Ditto is not listed as a pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 1475583149550.png (58KB, 373x104px) Image search: [Google]
1475583149550.png
58KB, 373x104px
So in the leaked Alolan Dex, Ditto is not listed as a pokemon you can capture. We don't know if Ditto will be unlocked via the national Dex in game, or if you're forced to transfer one via Poke'Bank.

If the latter is true, than this Winter's Tournament is going to be very interesting. Players with 6 IV perfect should be instantly recognized as hackers/cheaters, because there is no way they are going to spend time breeding for 6 perfect IV + good nature pokemon without the use of a ditto.

Was this Game Freak's plan to finally do something about the injectors in competitive play?
>>
Hyper training exists dawg
>>
>>29720907
iv can be boosted in game right now
>>
You can max out IVs with bottle caps. Why would you bother breeding?
>>
>>29720936
/thread
>>
pretty sure i saw ditto in the alolan dex. it was also in an earlier trailer too.
>>
>Players with 6 IV perfect should be instantly recognized as hackers/cheaters, because there is no way they are going to spend time breeding for 6 perfect IV + good nature pokemon without the use of a ditto.

Nigga, have you already forgotten about hyper training?!
>>
>>29720907
XY was able to get perfect IV's through breeding with out ditto though. There also Hyper Training.
>>
>>29720907
Actually you don't even need to breed because Hyper Training literally maxes out IVs. Welcome to 2 months ago.
>>
>>29720907
>No 6 IV without Ditto.
Hyper Training, m8.
>>
Ditto's in the third island dex...
>>
>>29720936
Oh, I legitimately did forget about hyper training.

/thread
>>
>>29720907

Why would GameFreak do anything about injectors, there's no difference.
>>
>>29720967
I bred 7 6 IV males(a male for each egg group) before bank was released during XY. its not even hard with destiny knot. 5IV is dead easy, and the last step(6 IV) is just getting lucky on a 1/32 roll.
>>
>>29720907
Its not like Injectors did anything bad. They didn't put illegal moves on their mons, they just sped up the process of getting 6 IVS or as I like to call it, cutting the fat.
>>
>>29720907
Yes it is catchable
>>
Even if it's not catchable and even if hyper training wasn't a thing. Couldn't you very easily trade up a six iv ditto and use it for breeding.
>>
>>29721179
Not until January, no.

But Ditto is catchable anyway.
>>
>>29721179
bank wont be available until January and the first round of the tournament starts in december
>>
>>29721217
Yeah, what the fuck is OP even saying?
>>
File: 245.png (4KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
245.png
4KB, 256x256px
>>
Hyper training you fucking pleb what year is this, 2015?
>>
>>29721238
OP is just a faggot as always
>>
>>29720907
Fuck off Verlisifag
>>
have you played 6th gen?
>>
>>29720907
>because there is no way they are going to spend time breeding for 6 perfect IV + good nature pokemon without the use of a ditto.
It ain't that hard.

Plus, the top tier battlers can recruit their friends to breed for them. Sometimes people will even gift pokemon to high status battlers. Remember that whatever-the-fuck-ball Aegislash that one faggot used?
>>
Tbh, even if golden bottle caps were super expensive, you'd just use the one free one you get on a ditto.
>>
>>29720907
>Players with 6 IV perfect should be instantly recognized as hackers/cheaters, because there is no way they are going to spend time breeding for 6 perfect IV + good nature pokemon without the use of a ditto.
Not hard with how egg groups work. There are probably Baby Pokemon available in the wild, and those are guaranteed 3+ perfect IVs. Start with two of those and a Destiny Knot (IE catch two 3IV Azurill and evolve to Marill so they can breed). You can use a Power Item instead of an Everstone because you don't care about the offspring's Nature. Eventually you'll have a 4IV baby, switch that out with a parent to get your incest on. When you get another 4IV, put it in the place of the second parent as long as you still have at least one perfect IV of each stat in the pairing, Eventually you'll get a 5IV. You could go further for a 6IV after getting a 5IV male and female, but that's a 1/31 chance and takes forever; i prefer to get a 5IV missing Attack and a 5IV missing SpA. One or two males per egg group. Then you can simply repeat this process with any female pokemon you want to breed: so let's say you have an Azumarill (M) with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and a Dragonite (F) with (x/x/x/x/x/x). First female egg that pops out is 31/x/x/x/x/x. Switch that baby out with the mother Dragonite and you'll have a better chance of 2IV, etc. During this process, prioritize mothers with the correct Nature and stick an Everstone on it. Eventually you'll have a nice 5IV Dratini.
>>
or we could just pokebank our 6IV dittos from XY and be done?
>>
>>29721736
Wait, what? Baby Pokemon with guaranteed 3 perfect IVs?! What?! Is that new, what happened? I thought only Legendaries or Safari Pokemon came with guaranteed IVs..
>>
>>29721846
If pokebank isn't usable until January, and the competition is in December, then that's not possible. However Hyper Training, Gen 6's easier breeding mechanics, and catchable Dittos exist.

>>29721898
Since Gen 6.
>>
>>29721921
Was it new in ORAS (I never played it,) because in XY that wasn't the case outside of Friend Safari.
>>
>>29722116
It happened in XY also.
>>
>>29722147
So you're saying that ALL Scatterbugs I catch in the wild, will have at least 3 perfect IVs?
>>
>>29722286
No, just Pokemon that can't breed.
>>
>>29722286
No. Scatterbug isn't a baby pokemon. Azurill, Togepi, Pichu, etc. are though.
Specifically it's pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)
>>
>>29720907

Or Ditto can simply be found in post game, like in literally EVERY mainseries game that didn't have Ditto in it's regional dex.
>>
>>29722405
It's found in the regional dex anyway. So OP is super retarded.
>>
>>29722386
So pre-evos aren't baby pokemon? My life is a lie... >_<
>>
>>29722452
The pokemon that are added as pre-evolutions to the line are baby pokemon.
>>
>>29722386
According to Wiki, they stopped giving the 3 guaranteed IVs to non Legendaries/Mythicals in ORAS.. So they might not have it in Sun/Moon either.

(I guess they implemented it for Legendaries/Mythicals to get at least some decent IVs, and the babies got lopped in together since it was same Egg Group; but now they're doing it specifically for the Legends/Myths, and not the Egg Group?)
>>
>>29722116
Ackthually

I caught a regular Azurill and it turned out to have 3iv when I finally got to check it on Kiloude.

It seems that they programmed this into the egg group itself with the intention of having good legendaries without hassle, having the side effect of spreading the benefit to unbreedeable stage 1 pokemon.
>>
>>29722499
Oh. That I did not know. I did all of my breeding in X.
>>
>>29721736
The strategy to do this if you don't want to hack, by the way:

Start with a pair of Munchlax, evolve to Snorlax. (Monster Egg Group) Guaranteed 3IV+. Breed until you get a 6IV male, switching 3IV parents out for 4IV, etc. Offspring: 6IV Male Snorlax (will come out of the egg as Snorlax)
Breed that perfect male Snorlax with a rando Lapras, obtain perfect male Lapras (Monster/Water 1)
Breed Lapras with Psyduck (Water 1, Field), Tirtouga (Water 1, Water 3), Wingull (Water 1, Flying), Dratini (Water 1, Dragon).
Breed Psyduck (Water 1, Field) with Snubbull (Field, Fairy), Wailmer (Field, Water 2), Spinda (Field, Human-Like).
Breed Snubbull (Field, Fairy) with Snorunt (Fairy, Mineral), Cottonee (Fairy, Grass).
Breed Cottonee with Phantump (Grass, Amorphous), Paras (Grass, Bug).

Congratulations, you now can breed a perfect of every pokemon that is capable of breeding and being female.
>>
File: IMG_4402.jpg (1MB, 3226x3226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4402.jpg
1MB, 3226x3226px
>>29720907
>ditto not in alolan dex
yes he was. fifth row, fifth column.
Listed in NatDex order.
>>
>>29722852
If you want to cut these 13 Pokemon down to 7, Keep these from the first stage
>Lapras (Water 1, Monster)
>Paras (Grass, Bug)
>Spinda (Human-Like, Field)
>Snorunt (Fairy, Mineral)
>Phantump (Amorphous, Grass)
And then use your Tirtouga and Wailmer to breed these two.
>Archen (Water 3, Flying)
>Magikarp (Water 2, Dragon)
>>
Why would pokémon bank matter? Can't you just tranfer over from XY and ORAS? Or did GF say that it isn't possible?
>>
>>29723401
You can't transfer without PokeBank, and that's not enabled till January.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.