[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-11-07 19.06.13.png (120KB, 710x437px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-07 19.06.13.png
120KB, 710x437px
Is this good team?
>>
If you like your team, then yes it is a good team. Play with what you want.
>>
>>29716399
>3x weakness to Ice
>Once Charmeleon evolves, 3x weakness to electric

What do you think, OP?
>>
>>29716432
carrying about weaknesses kek, this isn't competitive faggot
>>
>>29716432
4 pokemon that are weak to ice as charizard is weak to it
>>
>>29716399
>>29716432
Also how can we anwser, without knowing DV and attacks?
>>
As much as I love Fearow, it's pretty pointless once you have Charizard imo. Maybe swap it out for one of the Hitmon's when you can.
>>
>>29716399
Not having a team of six Mewtwos
>>
>>29716399
Yes
>>
>>29716399
>benched blastoise
>>
>>29716463
You're right, I forgot about how the Gen 1 retarded mechanics worked.

>>29716457
We don't know what he plans on doing with his team. The game is so easy, he could probably breeze through it with basically ANY time. He asked if I thought it was good, and my opinion was that it wasn't because of all the shared weaknesses. How else am I supposed to judge the team?

No seriously, how else should I have judged the team? Based on how cool the sprites look?
>>
>>29716516
The type chart was different, not retarded
>>
>>29716399
>No Snorlax
>No Tauros

Are you fucking braindead Anon?
>>
>>29716548
Your opinion man. If I remember correctly, dual type Pokemon damage was hit or miss too. I seem to remember Fire resisting Ice, but Charizard too SE damage from Ice attacks just because it was part flying. Same with Venusaur; Earthquake would do NVE damage to it, despite it being part poison, all because it was a grass type. I also don't think 4x damage existed either, as in Gyarados wouldn't take 4x damage from electric attacks, just 2x.

I haven't played R/B/Y since the 90's though, so I'm probably wrong.
>>
>no Kadabra/Alakazam
How can this team be good without the instant win button that is psychic
>>
>>29716596
Dual-type damage works mechanically as normal in Gen I
It's just the UI that's fucked.
>>
>>29716596
You are partly right. The message displayed just referred to one type.
For example if earthquake hit venausaur it would display Super effective (or NVE i can't remember) but it did normal damage to it.

Woth charizard, fire didn't resist ice back then. And of course, THIS was retarded
>>
>>29716596
The damage is dealt correctly in gen1. When an attack hits a dual type mon there is a hierarchy in the code that determines the noise it makes. Grass is above poison on the list so a ground attack will base the sound on grass, making it appear nve. The calculated damage is still neutral.
>>
>>29716690
>>29716699
>>29716783
Never knew that. Thanks for that info anons.

And I'm not sure why I thought Fire resisted Ice in Gen one... At least they fixed it in later Generations though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.