[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pre-evolutions have a clear amorphous/slimelike body, while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-706Goodra.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-706Goodra.png
49KB, 250x250px
>pre-evolutions have a clear amorphous/slimelike body, while it just looks like barney the dinosaur with a bit of slime dripping off its arms
>sligoo becomes blind, drops that for no reason upon evolving
>dex entry mentions how good of a puncher it is, despite having a higher special attack and not learning any punching moves in XY

Why is Goodra such a mess?
>>
>>29716280
it was a forced dragon. there wasn't a "final slime" evolution so they took into account the "slime dragon boss" and said so. the design is an issue but it's really not too bad of a pokemon.
>>
Because it was clearly rushed at the last minute just like the entirety of XY
>>
>>29716280
Cutest pseudo
>>
>>29716280
Should have been a fairy.
>>
Somewhat fixed
>>
File: 1478545704356.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478545704356.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>29717593
>>
>>29716280
>Why is Goodra such a mess?

Different artists, Goomy and Sliggo were designed by gaijinbro while Goodra was designed by that senile hack called Ken Sugimori.
>>
>>29717020
Please die
>>
>>29717616
remove the mouth
>>
I like Goodra and Dragonite tbqh
>>
>>29717625
This
>>
>>29717348
should have been poison.
should have been able to learn rest.

I hope GF, buffs this mon, because if it wouldn´t be so weak it woul definetly my fav pseudo with dragonite and tyranitar.
>>
File: UAGMaLi.jpg (62KB, 466x629px) Image search: [Google]
UAGMaLi.jpg
62KB, 466x629px
What could have been
>>
>>29717847
I meant recovery..

>>29717625
>>29717764
this whole line was designed by a girl. Saya Tsuruta from pokewiki( german bulba).

Is this wrong?
>>
>>29716280
I don't see how anyone thinks it looks like Barney. Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>29717625
This is wrong infromation. The entire line was made by a Japanese women.
>>
>>29717852
Damn.
That's fucking great.
It could have been a damned split evo if Ken wanted his derpy barney 2.0 so much.
>>
>>29717918
If anything dragonite is much closer to barney.
>>
>>29717852
Much better. Would train.
>>
>>29716280
The Goodra line becomes more solid as it evolves. Starts as an nondescript blob which evolves and gets longer and a more solid snail like form until it eventually becomes a squishy dragon thing with long antennae.
>>
>>29717852
Not cute/10
>>
>>29716280
She is cute along with Primarina.
>>
File: 1404998291567.jpg (274KB, 784x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1404998291567.jpg
274KB, 784x1020px
>>29716280
>love snails since I was a child
>Sliggoo is my favorite gen6 mon
>tfw the evolution dropped everything the line had going
At least I can still use eviolite, r-right?
>>
File: No Bob.png (194KB, 307x400px) Image search: [Google]
No Bob.png
194KB, 307x400px
>>29718014
Do you think I was born yesterday?
>>
>>29718227
It didn't though. It built upon it.
>>
>>29718273
I hate to be that guy, but I'm really having a hard time to believe you're serious.
This has to be bait.
>>
>>29717020
>>29717348
I couldn't agree more.

>>29717683
Ow the edge
>>
>>29716280
Why was the line Dragon anyways?
>>
>>29717852
im sorry but, that goodra doesnt even look like a pseudo not even looks bulky enough.
it looks pretty trashy imo.
>>
>>29718535
hon hon baugette eiffle tower snails are dragons.
>>
>>29718557
Still miles better than the official one that is pretty much the MLP of Dragon-types
>>
>>29718273
In the 1% chance you're not a troll, elaborate

>>29718535
It's based on Lou Carchol which is a really obscure monster dragon snail from french origin. Actually pretty cool, unlike the real Goodra
>>
>>29718557
>implying there's strict guidelines on how pseudos should look
>when metagross and, wouldn't you know it, goodra exist
>>
>>29718315
Not really. The only thing that is kind of suspect is the blindness thing, but that was always kind of weird how it randomly became blind anyway.

Goomy starts off as a weak gelatinous pudding slime with long antenna. It evolves into sligoo changing its body type almost completely and becoming more snail like, but gaining tiny arms and a relatively long neck. It's antenne also grow longer, particularly the back ones. The form is more solidly recognizable, but still incomplete. In the final form it gains it more typical dragon like form, evolving legs, longer arms and the former soft shell on its back becoming a snail shell like tail. The neck grows longer and the antenna become a main form of attack rather than being used for locating things as it can now see again. It maintains its gelatinous but solid form making it good at repelling special attacks. The nature of this Pokemon is very friendly, explaining its simple form and innocent child like expression. It is a Pokemon that protects the weak as it knows what being weak is like, which is why it is more defensive.

This is largely pure theorycraft obviously, but it makes the most sense to me and is why I like the entire line.
>>
>>29717852
I know you guys wanted your cool monstrous dragon snail thing and I get being disappointed when expectations aren't met, but that does not seem like what it was supposed to be. It's a weak but friendly dragon with slime elements. Personally, in a sea of badass and cool psuedo's, I appreciate getting one that goes for something a little more typically cute.
>>
>>29719030
I never wanted it to be badass myself. I just wanted it to keep the charm of goomy/sliggo. It should have looked derpy and more slime-ish. But no, anime eyes must be on EVERYTHING!

Chinchou had the same unfortunate fate.
>>
>>29719100
>Lanturn
>bad
come on

Chinchou's eyes are cool and all, but Lanturn's fit more for its build.
>>
>>29718870
And here's why you're full of shit

>Goomy
>start weak and gelatinous.
>Uses the antenna as some sort of detection system to move around
>vestigial eyes

>Sligoo
>goes blind
>antenna grow larger for better detection system.
>remains fragile and gelatinous, grows a shell for better protection
>elongated neck for better detection

>Goodra
>suddenly HUGE ANIME EYES
What was the point of going through the trouble of a pokémon having poor eyesight to being blind to suddenly growing huge fucntional eyes
>antennas are now stylized pigtails that acts like whips
What was the point of setting up antenna only to drop the whole thing. Also this line is supposed to be physicially weak, why would they risk their antennas?
>drops the shell
You could argue that the shell becomes the tail but Sliggoo already had an extension on the backside, so what was the point of growing a shell to just drop it? I'm starting to see a pattern here
>suddenly it has a pro-boxer tier punch
After being physically weak the whole time, suddenly it's a strong as a proboxer? I'm drone trying to understand Goodra, it just looks like it shat on everything Sliggoo built on and did its own thing

>>29719030
that fake one looks more like Goomy/Sliggoo than Goodra
>>
>>29719161
>What was the point of going through the trouble of a pokémon having poor eyesight to being blind to suddenly growing huge fucntional eyes
Because it was only needed at that stage of evolution. When it evolves fully it no longed needs to use its antenna for location and they become more developed for attacking. Also the eye style is a progression from, beady dot eyes, bigger green eyes with single lashes, Big green fully developed eyes.
>What was the point of setting up antenna only to drop the whole thing. Also this line is supposed to be physicially weak, why would they risk their antennas?
Because its about progression and bettering itself. The things it doesn't need at certain points in evolution are vestigial, like Sliggo's arms and eyes, until it can fully make use of them.
>You could argue that the shell becomes the tail but Sliggoo already had an extension on the backside, so what was the point of growing a shell to just drop it? I'm starting to see a pattern here
The shell isn't needed anymore as it's body has become durable enough to withstand attacks, so it also becomes a tool for attacking and at the same time makes it look more dragon like in its aesthetic.
>After being physically weak the whole time, suddenly it's a strong as a proboxer? I'm drone trying to understand Goora, it just looks like it shat on everything Sliggoo built on and did its own thing
The whole pro-boxer things is pretty silly admittedly, but its likely just in reference to its arms becoming more developed as it evolved.

You don't really need to try and understand it if you don't feel it is worth it. I'm not sure I know everything about it myself personally. But I'm just telling you what I believe it to be and why I enjoy it for what it is. Perhaps it could have been done differently while still keeping the same theme. The one you linked sort of seems too, but to me, looses a lot of the innocent charm that the whole Goomy line has. Sorry you and others feel differently
>>
>>29719742
That sounds pretty stupid. If Goomy was developing the antennas do attack the whole time, then it would actually make more sense for Sligoo to have good eyesight, as it takes a load off the antennas since they no longer would have to double as a location system and could just focus on being strong enough to attack.

The progression thing is all fine and dandy, but Sliggoo has evolutionary advantages over Goomy and Goodra has a completely different pair of evolutionary advantages. When comparing to something like the Bulbasaur line, the evolution just looks disjointed, as if two diferent people worked on the line and never exhanged emails

If the shell was gonna be dropped then there was never a point in developing it anyway. Sounds to me like a more logical progression if Goomy went fragile body --> slightly tougher body --> though body. Wasting energy and resources is just a waste of time. Once again disjointed evolution

The whole pro-boxer is the final nail on the coffin, because once again it was never hinted. Goodra would've made more sense if Sliggoo hinted at it, but it's a completely different ballpark

The fake retains much more elements from Sligoo such as the shell, the antenna shape, the soft squishy body and the green dots. Goodra doesn't even look like it's made of goo anymore
>>
>>29716280
did we even saw it on sun/moon ingame footage? I would really like to have it in my team again!
>>
>>29719959
>The fake retains much more elements from >Sligoo such as the shell, the antenna shape, the soft squishy body and the green dots. Goodra doesn't even look like it's made of goo anymore
That's the point. It isn't supposed to look like a bigger sliggo. It's its own Pokemon.
>>
>>29720001
It was in the sprite leak.
>>
>>29720126
I left the board during the datamine time, just come back here once in a while, so I don't know about the leak.

Was it on the teampreview or on something we can assume it will be catchable?
>>
>>29720251
It's in the regional dex. It was also shown in one of the trailers.
>>
>>29719742
>>29720076
The point that Goodra dropped all of what Goomy and Sliggoo had going stands.
>>
>>29720551
I don't agree, but I know I can't convince you or others that feel the same way. I can see your perspective, but I don't personally see it as you do. It's okay.
>>
File: 1475849347600.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475849347600.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
>めだまは たいかしてみえていない。
Does Sliggoo's JP pokedex say it regressed into blindness, or just say it's blind?
>>
>>29720774
First of all, you said that Goodra didn't dropped anything from Sliggoo, then proceed to explain why it is fine that it dropped those things, so you pretty much contradicted yourself.

Second, you said that Goodra "built upon Sliggoo".
Yet as has been explained by another guy, if you simply analyze the dex entries and the designs it's crystal clear that Goodra went literally the opposite direction from Sliggoo's.
Saying that Goodra built upon Sliggoo's direction when it actually went the opposite is one of the most incorrect things you can say on /vp/.

You like Goodra? That is completely fine.
But if you want to deny that it ruined what its prevos had going you're only fooling yourself.
>>
>>29721055
>First of all, you said that Goodra didn't dropped anything from Sliggoo, then proceed to explain why it is fine that it dropped those things, so you pretty much contradicted yourself.
Because I believe it built upon the concept as a whole evolutionary line. I guess I didn't really explain that very well. It going from Goomy to Sliggoo to the final evo is the important part, because as a whole I feel they add to it becoming more complete. The development of tiny arms and body shape was the main point as was the later progression to legs. It starts off weak but becomes stronger, but it still maintains its overall innocent charm. I know you think I'm a fool since I'm probably one of the few people who even hold this opinion on this site, but it doesn't change how I feel about the overall design of this line. You're fully within your right to criticize me about this, but I do think it will change anything.
>>
>>29721517
>do
don't* ha woops.
>>
>>29721517
It just baffles me that you really think the direction Sliggoo was going was continued by Goodra when it's so clear that it did a complete 180º turn.
I understand a bit your point, since you take the whole line in your analysis, making how the concept starts and how it ends (and how those two fit together) the most important parts.
But in my opinion you're dismissing what the mid-evo added as trivial details just because, well, it's the mid-evo.

Anyway, different perspectives at this point. As you said we're not going to convince each other.

>I know you think I'm a fool since I'm probably one of the few people who even hold this opinion on this site
Well, I sincerely apologize for coming as rude in my previous post.
I know very well what it is like feel in a huge minority with your own opinion and I also know that it's stupid to contempt people only for having different opinions.
I'm just, again, kinda baffled by your point of view and tried to argue it, but in the end I still respect it.
Sorry again.
>>
>>29721912
Thanks anon. It isn't like I don't understand why people think Goodr ruined the Goomy line, but I just feel like in the grand scheme of Pokemon designs, looking at all of them and seeing how they work, the Goomy line makes sense to me. I could easily be wrong and the designer actually did change things at the last minute, but it just feels like most people don't see the same kind of connections I do and I just wanted to present my case. Thanks for being respectful.
>>
>>29722193
To each his own, mate.
Well, off to continue that nuzlocke then.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.