[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new Mistery Dungeon when ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png (596KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png
596KB, 600x535px
new Mistery Dungeon when ?
>>
>>29716182
Iirc there was an Etrian one.
>>
>>29716182
haven't even played the 3ds titles. Are they better or worse than Explorers of Sky?
>>
>>29716278
they're okay but it's a step up from the rescue team games.
In the end it's just another mystery dungeon game to me.
>>
>>29716278
The one in OPs pic is probably one of the best.
>>
>>29716278
They're about the same as sky, maybe just a little bit worse?
>>
How's the transition to 3d? I've seen footage of gates to infinity and desu i prefer the sprites more, but it doesn't seem that bad. Does it look good when you actually play for longer periods?
>>
>>29716278
Gates to Infinity's gameplay and Pokemon selection are lacking, but it's story is pretty good.
>>
>>29716278
didn't really like gates to infinity. it wasn't bad on its own but as a followup to explorers of sky, i didn't really like it.
super mystery dungeon is good but literally half the game is tutorial
>>
File: squill.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
squill.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>29716209
I saw some pics of the game, too cute to handle!
>>
>>29716182
We've gotten one new Mystery Dungeon game per Gen. We'll probably get one in 2017 or 2018.
>>
>>29716402
I think models are alright. Some of them have some really great walk animations, like Serperior, and a lot of them have unique run animations too. Some of the dungeon environments are pretty nice too. I probably prefer sprites out of nostalgia, but I'm good with the direction of using models now that they have unique ones for 720 Pokémon (which means we won't have a content-weak game like Gates since they'll only need to make new ones for the Gen 7 Pokémon).
>>
>>29716278
Super mystery dungeon was my favorite one yet desu
>>
>>29716182
In 2018
>>
>>29716278
Gates is alright, not as shit as a lot of people might say it is but it's underwhelming coming off of Explorers.
Super Mystery Dungeon is both the only good 3DS Pokemon game and the best Mystery Dungeon game.
>>
>>29716278
Gates is probably the weakest title in the series. Not terrible, not horrendous, just tedious. It's got good side content but gutted core gameplay. Too easy, too boring.

Super did a frontflip and went total hog on the roguelike side of things, but that pushed it too far on the other side of the scale instead, so I didn't actually enjoy it all that much either. It doesn't really solve Gates' problems so much as compromises on them.
>>
hey, uh, anyone in here from the old /pmdg/ threads?

does anyone still have that file of portraits ripped from Super? i feel like i remember someone making some high-res versions of the icon bases (like, the icon with the emotion backdrop, but no pokemon) and i don't think i saved it
>>
Are you still not allowed to evolve until the end of the game? How does that work with mega evolution?
>>
>>29720064
There's an Awakening item (it's related to the way they handled IQ in the game) that you can pick up and stick in your IQ bracelet; if you can Mega Evolve, you do so, and if you can't, you just get a massive buff. However, there's some kind of meter that causes you to lose control if you attack too much? I never bothered to go out of my way for Awakening emeras, so I dont' really know.

You and your partner do evolve at some story points, but it's temporary and kind of dumb.
>>
>>29720064
Mega evolution doesn't matter in Super, you get it by using the Awakening Emera on fully evolved mons. Your player+partner duo evolve throughout the plot using their scarves, but never reach their mega form, and revert back to normal when the plot wants them too.

Slightly related, one of Super's problems was with mon variety, outside of the player, partner, and plot characters, you have very limited choices. Only set recruits are available before the postgame (cute but shitty mons like Azurill and Vulpix, along with "crutch" Pokemon like Salamence, Alakazam and Tyranitar) and there's a break system prevents you from using most of them.
>>
>dlc songs were found in the game
>no sign of the songs or dlc
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.