[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We imagine gen 7 hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1473455286992.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1473455286992.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>You are challenged by a Totem Mega Blaziken
>Solrock and Lunatone are catchable in the main game
>All team skull members use 3 pokemon minimum
>4 minimum for more important characters
>Totem pokemon get at least 2 boosted stats

I want it!

Get in here hackfags.
>>
>>29698761
>an oc donutsteel trainer with an overpowered team that acts as a self-insert for the author
>several alolan forms that are literally just recolors of their original forms
>more megas, but only for author's waifus; possibly two for flygon
>mark-hydreigon
>>
>>29698988
>implying most of this is possible
I'm not even sure if you could do non-recolor Alola forms since the animation data of the models isn't editable yet to my knowledge.
>>
We already know that totem pokemon needs a special sprite, so that's not gonna happen...
>>
>>29698761
>Lycanroc's form is determined by whether you evolve it with a Sun Stone or a Dusk Stone, not what version of the game you have
>Ballio is in one throwaway dialogue, mentioned as a rumored Pokémon that has been confirmed to not exist,
>>
>>29698761
>alolan politoed is a tentaquil
>>
>>29698761
I was actually planning on making one for ORAS based on a thread I saw about a month back. still might make it, but at the moment am considering saving it for gen7.

Keep mostly everything the same, just a few changes:
Normal and Shiny sprites swapped
Pokémon given new types to reflect their new palettes
Pokémon that don't drastically change given new abilities

For example: Dark/Dragon Fug, Ghost/Dark Gengar -> Ghost/Normal Mega Gangar, Water/Rock Macargo, etc

Start with just that, then move on to movepools, and then MAYBE some tweaking of stats to make a few shit mons usable.

The two major snags I've hit are so many Pokémon having hideous shinies, and also the eevee line. I wanted to Change them from their special types to physical types (Flareon=Ground, Sylveon=Flying, Jolteon=Bug, etc) but some of them would be a MASSIVE stretch, and that line specifically seems like the kind where you would have to do them all or not even bother.
>>
>>29700973
>a hack that isn't a edgy story filled with fakemons or a grind 20 levels on route 1 "difficulty" """fix"""
Please do this anon. You have no idea how much I would love that ground type flareon.
>>
>>29698988
You don't understand the 3DS Hacking scene.
There's a reason the only 3DS pokemon hacks are difficulty hacks.
>>
>>29698761
How are you going to put in a different totem that was presented in the cutscene and expect it to make sense?
>>
>>29700973
Ok, that's interesting. Better than having 3 different difficulty hacks.
>>
>Totem Primal Kyogre
>summons Garados

>Totem Primal Groudon
>summons Magcargo

Y/Y
>>
>>29701079
>implying difficulty hacks actually care about making sense
One of the two popular ORAS difficulty hacks gave Flannery a Volcanion
>>
>>29700973
I could see gen 1/2 being an issue with that, yeah. That could be fun though. A version of basically nothing but Alolan forms. Have the same "new" feeling of a randomized run without being complete bullshit entirely.

Plus I would love seeing Garchomp be exactly the same, and then mega evolve into Fairy/Dragon.
>>
File: both logos.png (829KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
both logos.png
829KB, 1920x1080px
>>29698761
all this is going to happen in addition to a reasonable EV curve (and a shallower level curve compared to Rutile Ruby / Star Sapphire now that we can use EVs in TRDATA) in my Gen VII hacks.
>>
>They let you go back to Kanto as the postgame
>>
>>29699030
>what is reading comprehension

>several alolan forms that are literally just recolors of their original forms
>>
>>29700973
That is literally the stupidest idea for a romhack I have ever heard.
>>
just want to catch everything and fight 6 slot trainers without waiting two years for a good hack
>>
>>29701350
>at least two stat boosts
you can't guarantee that anon?

are you the guy who made RR/SS or are you just some other anon
>>
>>29701684
The Rutile/Star dev said they'd start work on SM as soon as they finish their personal playthrough of the vanilla game. I imagine Drayano will also probably make one pretty quickly, they didn't make one for XY because they were expecting a Z.
>>
>>29702219
Going by the dex leak, GameFreak made totem 'Mon separate, so it should be possible with enough effort.
>>
>>29701107
And gave Maxie a Mixtini.
I have no idea what the fuck went through that guy's brain in order to completely bastardise the personality of so many pokemon teams, including six ubers Zinnia.
>>
>>29702588
Its why I prefer Drayano's Rising/Sinking. Sure its a bit easier than Rutile/Star, but at least it has sanity.
>>
>>29702588
What the absolute fuck. Am I stuck with that shit if I'm playing Meme Sapphire? Or does it use teams from whatever's more reasonable?
>>
>>29699034
>wishiwashi
>>
>>29702541
>wishiwashi
>>
>>29702632
Meme Sapphire uses the Star Sapphire teams, and the Sinking Sapphire everything else.
So yes, you're stuck with Flannery's Volcanion and Wallace's Kyogre.
>>
>>29702588
Most ROM hackers don't understand the difference between challenging and god forsaken difficulty.

Example, second gym you have by that point level 20ish pokemon. Gym leader has level 40s a legendary, a mega, insane strategy, and a full team of 6. I mean god damn I don't want baby level stuff, but this isn't even fun or possible unless I literally dedicate all my time to creating an equation on how to beat this guy.
>>
>>29702709
What hack decided to give the second gym a mega? never played Rutile but I know in rising the first mega on an enemy appears with Winona.
>>
>>29702727
I'm guessing star sapphire
>>
>>29702727
In Rutile/Star/Meme, the first gym leader to have a mega is Wattson with a Mega Ampharos.
>>
>>29702758
>>29702763
Jesus Christ why is this hack popular again? it sounds as bad as Neo XY.
>>
>>29702780
Because it's one of only two worth mentioning. I regret not just getting Rising/Sinking.
>>
>>29702844
Rising/Sinking just got an update that made it more like BB2/VW2, so it might not be too late.
>>
>>29702872
Is there some official page or a pastebin or somewhere I can read up on this?
>>
Can't wait to see Renamon replacing the Lucario line in the future.
Meh, no one cares about Pokemon hacking outside these "muh difficulty" guys. Smash on the other hand...
>>
>>29702929
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?49883-Pok%E9mon-Rising-Ruby-and-Sinking-Sapphire
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-zmEVN0Mas6Y0FvV3hnS0c5VkE
>>
>>29702957
I should clarify the update I meant was 2.0, I was unaware there was already a 2.1
>>
>>29702957
>>29702983
Sweet action. Now if only /hbg/'s romhack pastebin was updated with prebuilt .cias of the new versions.
>>
>>29703070
I found a pre-built version via google, which was handy because when I built it myself the cro changes didn't work properly.
http://3dschaos.com/threads/pokemon-rising-ruby-sinking-sapphire-2-1-0.7562/
>>
>>29699034
They don't technically "Need" a Special Sprite. But the Special sprites do make them Bigger.
>>
>>29703127
You so best. Are cros the ones you need to delete updates for? I only ever used prebuilt for other stuff and I know update data causes issues.
>>
>>29703210
Using an update will break shop and text changes, making some evolutions impossible
>>
>>29703210
Ah, as for what CRO does, it allows changes to static encounters. Before you'd always face a Wurmple in the first route of grass, and the Regis would always be level 40. I believe, thanks to the ability to edit the CRO, he made it so the first encounter is a Starly and that the regis are level 60. There should be documentation in the Drive, but I'm going off memory.
>>
File: 1477598729258.png (331KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
1477598729258.png
331KB, 600x575px
>>29698761
>challenged by Totem boosted Volcarona
>Summons the various oricorio to assist it
>quiver/fiery dance hell
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.