[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

So what was your first shiny? (Lake Rage red gyarados and event doesn't count)
Or was there something interesting that happened when you saw a shiny?

I had very odd one back in the original ruby, pic related. Honestly since gyarados was the only shiny I've seen in last gen, so I thought was a glitch that just didn't go away until a battled a friend in summer camp. They were so shocked and I didn't know what really was. People kept asking what I did to get but I didnt have answer.

However I lost the cartridge that held him on a road trip a couple years later and couldn't find it anywhere. Someday maybe I get another one...hopefully
>>
>>29693447
First shiny I found and caught was a full odds shiny duskull on ruby emulator
I waste every weekend on Masuda's Wild Ride nowadays, because I hate myself. But I now have half a dozen legit shinies locked up in box 24, AKA shiny prison
>>
>>29693447
first shiny encountered was in Ilex Forest
my brother thought a Lv. 5 Paras still needed to be weakened with his Hall of Famer
>>
My first was a Gligar in XD. I didn't know what it was, so I showed my friend. He said it was a game ruining glitch I had to trade away in order to keep my save. I didn't trade it to him, but I lost the cartridge I sent it to.
>>
Hatched a shiny Pichu from the free egg in Crystal, ended up finding a shiny Onyx later on in that same playthrough too. Favorite shiny was probably the shiny Azelf I got in my Pearl, still got him on there.
>>
File: koffing.png (34KB, 303x279px) Image search: [Google]
koffing.png
34KB, 303x279px
First shiny was in Gold, a Koffing in the Burned Tower. I was just a kid so I thought it was a glitch and turned off my GBA to be sure.

It took around ten years for me to find another shiny, in SoulSilver, funnily enough. It was Tentacool east of New Bark Town, which is cool because shiny Tentacruel looks great.

Got a bunch of shinies from Masuda-ing now though.
Fuck, I need to get a shiny Koffing and call it Gold.
>>
>>29693981
>>29694051
Envy those that where able to keep thier Pokémon all these years and kept track of those games. I lose shit all the time and crap breaks down over the years. My wii decided just never turn on again one day and it was too expensive to fix so I have a bunch of Pokémon stuck in Ranch, including a couple of shines.

I wonder if could find someone now or fix it myself since I'm older.
>>
>>29693447
Technically my first was before red gyarados even. It was a raticate on the route with Juggler Irwin, who I efinitely had a crush on as a wee child, which is why I remember it that way). I had no clue it was special till years later upon finding it in a box. But alas, I could not trade it up as the old version of silver is a bitch and can't trade past its game age.

My first recognized shiny was actually a God damn charmander. I was breeding starters in Y the second or third day after release so I could shoot hundreds of starters through the wonder trade and idk I like to give people surprise good pokemon with wonder trade magic. It was like 4am and it took me a stupidly long moment to realize the newest charmander looked weird. If anyone else has had a gen 6 shiny charmander you'll understand its literally like one color tone different. It's just slightly lighter than its normal colored siblings, so without checking for a star mark, as I as staring at the hatch screen animation, it took me awhile.

He is now a charizard with terrible stats because he was a fucking ditto baby but I love him anyways
>>
File: 075_Graveler_AG_Shiny.png (42KB, 982x486px) Image search: [Google]
075_Graveler_AG_Shiny.png
42KB, 982x486px
>>29693447
A fucking dumb ass idiot graveler in the safari zone in heartgold
Needless to say it got away
>>
>>29693447
My first shiny was a bibarel, i randomly found it on pokémon diamond (Great Marsh)
>>
>>29693447
I hatched a pink Dratini a few weeks back.
>>
I really wanted a shiny Suicune so I SR'd for one in Soul Silver. Got it in like 20 SRs, used a Master Ball.

Still have it sitting comfortably in my PokeBank.
>>
>>29693447
When I started Gen2 on Silver, I went to the north route on the way to I think Cherrygrove, and ran into a Shiny Geodude. I freaked out cause I didn't know what was going on and killed it.
>>
My first one was when I was playing through fire red with my friendo, we were trying to see who could beat it first. Three steps away from the exit to Mt. Moon I got caught by a wild. Pissed. Trying to go fast. Zubat shadow. Shiny. *screams*

And I named him Blindside. I still have him lol.
>>
>>29693447
My first shiny was a Buneary in Diamond. Lost it a long time ago, reset the game without knowing what shinies were.
Luckily now I've got like 45+ legit shinies, so I'm cool with it.
>>
>>29693447
I've been playing since silver, but I never found a shiny in-game until Omega Ruby. I was just fucking around on one of those mirage isles, looking for cophragius and boldores, just going around smashing rocks, ya know.

Out of fucking nowhere, this beauty of a graveler comes out, bronze and perfect. I lose my shit, but I quickly remember that these guys almost always have self-destruct and explosion on the wild.
I realized that I was out of options. It was a 1 turn capture or nothing. I threw and ultraball as I prayed to every god that is and has been for just a bit of luck, just once. My heart skips a beat as the capture is confirmed. Glorious.

Now, no one ever believes this part and I really dont blame them. But after like 10 or 15 minutes of looking around the cave, ANOTHER shiny graveler comes out of a smashed rock, except this one is male. I throw an ultraball, fail, and he inmediately explodes. Pretty great day, overall.
>>
>>29693447
I played yellow for 4 years.
Silver for 2 years.
Ruby for another 4
Pearl for 3 years
I played all the way through Black 1 and then put that shit on the shelf.

I've never gotten a shiny and I've been playing since generation 1 came out.
>>
>>29695248
Gen 1 didn't have shinies, though. Just pointing that out.
>>
>>29693447
My first shiny was a Golbat in Platinum Victory Road, training exactly the last level before going in. I'm glad I always carry Premier Balls just in case even if I hadn't found one before, but I did and caught it with only one confuse ray and 4 balls. Then 4 days later I find my second one, it was a Floatzel also on Victory Road but the part where you do double battles with Marley. It was amazing because she gave me time to switch out to my Empoleon and then the next turn she used Helping Hand and that helped me knock out her Arcanine. Caught it in a Dive Ball.

>>29695248
Keep at it anon, I just found my first one after 10 years on monday. And on friday my second one lol.
>>
I believe my first shiny may have been a Graveler in Gold or Silver. He exploded.
>>
I was replaying Silver for the first time in ages, and swear to God, the first Spinarak I ran into was dark purple. Since Spinarak is normally green, I caught it right away. Strange thing was, I think my game was glitched. I kept running into these dark purple Spinarak. They weren't marked as shiny, either. In fact, I haven't seen a single green Spinarak in my copy of Silver. I'm getting freaked out you guys. Is this a creepypasta game?
>>
My first shiny was a Goldeen, I killed it for looking so damn similar to the regular version out of spite. (I was aware it was shiny, I just didn't like it)
>>
File: shiny ralts.png (35KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
shiny ralts.png
35KB, 260x240px
>Gen 3
Shiny Psyduck just outside Lilycove. Fuck shiny Golduck for being almost identical to the regular version, by the way.

>Gen 4
Shiny Graveller on Iron Island. After catching it, I went to check its moveset just to confirm. It did indeed know Selfdestruct.

>Gen 5
Was breeding competitive Gardevoir when one of the eggs hatched shiny. It had perfect Special Attack and Speed, in addition to being female.

>Gen 6
Fishing around somewhere when I happened upon a shiny Barbaracle.
>>
First was a completely random Starly in Platinum. Then was a shiny Pidove in White.

Now in gen 6, I have so many of them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.