[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right? How did they manage to make such a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What went so right? How did they manage to make such a great Pokemon? Especially considering how most of Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon had shit designs.
>>
>>29688146
Nice detailed design and consistent with its past evolution line. I know /vp/ likes to hate on "just gets bigger" evolutions, but Venusaur adds a nice amount of change to its look even if it's basically just a grown up Bulbasaur.
>>
>Look I like Venusaur and dislike old gen pokémon! I'm such a contrarian XDD!!!!!

here is your (You)
>>
Inspired, visually appealing design with vibrant colour (in the artwork at least). Especially when compared to the drab, and comparatively simple designs it was paired with. Its spritework is pretty good for Gen I too.
As a side note, I think if Venusaur were released today, /vp/ would accuse it of 'overdesign'.
>>
>>29688335
No, I like it because it's an actually well designed Pokemon. Much better charetard or shitoise.
>>
File: b30.png (288KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
b30.png
288KB, 394x370px
>>29688146
>lizard, bigger lizard, even bigger lizard with wings
>turtle with fluffy tail, bigger turtle with fluffier tail and fluffy ears, big turtle with cannons (out of nowhere!) but no fluffy tail and fluffy ears

That's why Bulba line is the best Gen 1's starter. The other two become shitty edgy turds just to appeal to 9-year-olds.
>>
>>29688563
>Toad with a flower bud, bigger toad with a small flower, bigger and fatter toad with bigger flower and ugly pimples all over it's body

You can do this to make any Pokemon look bad.
>>
>>29688146
I disagree with your sentiment on Gen 1 and 2, but I agree that venusaur is great. It's a design that just "feels right".
It's just a chunky, pugnacious, toadlike monster with a poisonous plant erupting from its back, but that's what makes it great.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.