[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No pokèmon on Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 16

Yes. I think the main series of pokèmon will not be on Nintendo switch.
Because? simple, just look at the 3DS.
Ever since the Nintendo DS came out, the Gamefreak used immediately lower screen, starting with a clock banal moving to a completely different menu. Now with nintendo switch you go back to one screen. I think for this new console will make us only the classic spin-off like pokemon wii-u games. Nothing new generation, nothing platinum remake.

So there are three points.
1: on 2017/18 nintendo will announce a new 3ds or a new portable console.

2: Gamefreak be so forward to take EVERYTHING that was on the bottom screen, again to one screen, returning to single-screen gameplay of the first generations and revolutionize the whole gameplay.

3: The New Generation and the remake of Diamond / Pearl will arrive on 3DS

This in my opinion and I would like to hear more about.
>>
>>29687137
Making a dedicated portable console would only happen if the Switch fails 10 times as hard as the Wiiu. When the main selling point of the Switch is mobility, why would you cannibalize your sales by making another handheld to go alongside it?

Further, some people have shown that you could seemlessly move the SM bottom screen up and still see the battle perfectly, as if they were preparing for something
>>
>>29687137
>Ever since the Nintendo DS came out, the Gamefreak used immediately lower screen, starting with a clock banal moving to a completely different menu. Now with nintendo switch you go back to one screen.
They use the console's features. Did you expect them to let the lower screen black because they were planning to make a pokemon game on a single screen console in 11 fucking years?
If you do, you are retarded.
>>
Of course there won't be a main series Pokémon fane on Switch. Switch is a home console, not a handheld.
Also, there are rumors that Nintendo is working on a new handheld.
>>
>>29687198
s-sauce
>>
>>29687198
No there aren't.
>>
>>29687180
Of course not, each console must be used to the fullest potential. from the diamond/pearl watch to sophisticated x / y menu. if you make a game on Switch I expect Gamefreak change completely the idea of the menu over this years we made of the classic touchscreen menu.
>>
>>29687137
Switch will 100% replace the handheld section of Nintendo.
Nintendo will optimize development of games by focusing on one platform instead of two.
You have to be pretty dumb to think oterwise. I bet you believed the third pillar lies of the DS.
>>
>>29687198

They said the exact same thing about the DS when that was announced, that it wasn't the GBA successor and that an actual successor would be released later. It's literally just marketing talk, in the event the Switch bombs spectacularly and they need to put out cheaper hardware asap. The whole point of the Switch is to combine Nintendo's home console and handheld markets into one device, making it cheaper for them to manufacture, easier for devs and cheaper for consumers who might want handheld style and console style games.
>>
>>29687137
So what you're saying is the Switch won't have any mainline Pokemon games because it's one screen, but the 3DS successor will have them and they will be on one screen?
>>
>>29687137
Dude redoing the menus really isn't that big of a deal. It'll be on Switch because Switch is unifying their playerbase and genuinely making things cheaper and easier for everyone.
>>
>>29687152
While the switch can be transported, I can't put it in my pocket like I do with my 3ds though.
Also Masuda said after ORAS that the main games would continue to be on handheld consoles.
>>
>>29687137
the lower screen offered nothing but a menu.

All this can be worked into a single screen using a good HUD design. You can even split screen so you can still see whats happening and navigate a menu.

You dont run around and menu at the same time in pokemon anyway so dropping the bottom screen will not even be an issue.

You can have a map in the HUD anyway.
>>
The whole point for the switch is consolidating games dev into 1 console. Not to mention the Switch is being marketed as a "Home Console" that happens to have a portable mode, but we all know thats not the marketing Japan is going to get.

One of the reasons for the WiiU's fall, aside from gimmicks, was its sparse release schedule of core titles.
>>
>>29687370
Switch is the WiiU successor. It's not a handheld. It's a home console.
>>
>>29687370
>The whole point of the Switch is to combine Nintendo's home console and handheld markets into one device
No, this has always been just speculation

The Switch doesn't even satisfy everything Nintendo has done well with handhelds. We at least know the battery life sucks and the screen is larger than previous handhelds
>>
>>29687436
Pretty much this. The screen is too big for a handheld. The switch is nothing you take with you all the time.
>>
>>29687425
It's both. Are you still eating up their bullshit? Did you see the reveal trailer? It's a console you bring outside. You know, a handheld. And it's also a home console.
It will replace both the Wii U and 3DS. The Switch is successor to both.
>>
>>29687137
>The Eurogamer rumor was right all along
>People called it fake and they have been BTFO badly
>The same rumor clearly stated how the NX, aka Switch, replaces both home console and handhelds for Nintendo
>People still in denial deny the double nature of the console
You are fucked in the head. Keep clinging on the fake hope the 3DS isn't done for in a year or so.
>>
Are you people daft or something? The Switch is being marketed as a hybrid between handheld and home console, so the 3DS will be the last seperate handheld Nintendo released. Reasons are the poor sales of the WiiU and the lacklustre gaming idea behind it, yet people enjoying Nintendo's handheld systems without huge decline in sales.
>>
>>29687454
No it's not a handheld. It's a home console with it's own screen. Yes, you can take it outside. But that's not it's main purpose.
They say it won't replace the WiiU, this is bullshit of course.
They never said anything about the 3DS.
They Switch is not a console you take with you wherever you go.
>>
>>29687471
But we'll see when Nintendo announces the 3DS successor or is continuing producing 3DS games.
We can't know what their plans are ao nobody is right or wrong at the moment.
>>
>>29687445
it's on your hands it's an handheld how fucking tick could you be to believe this shit
>>
>>29687483
Based on past evidence it seems very unlikely we're getting a separate handheld. They said that the DS wasn't their next handheld and that a new GBA successor would come after that but we all knew that was bullshit, and not even Nintendo are stupid enough to release the Switch and then ANOTHER portable console. They're run by idiots but they aren't run by retarded children.
>>
>>29687471
Pretending that a real human with a working brain can't infer that the Wiiu/3DS is done and that the Switch is them pulling their eggs into 1 basket.

l m a o
>>
>>29687464
this
>>
>>29687394
switch is a handheld device
>>
We'll see if it replaces the 3DS (or its successor) or not. Only time will tell
>>
File: OMG ITS HUGE.jpg (125KB, 1090x1200px) Image search: [Google]
OMG ITS HUGE.jpg
125KB, 1090x1200px
>>29687445
>Pretty much this. The screen is too big for a handheld.
Its really not that much bigger to what children are running around with these days. Fuck when Go was just released i saw kids running around with iPads.
>>
I can't wait for them to name the real 3DS successor to drive home their advertisement of Switch as the new Home Console.

If Nintendo really is putting all of its eggs in one basket with the Switch after their complete failure in the console market with the Wii U and the continued proliferation of mobile devices filling the "portable gaming" niche, they're dumber than I thought.
>>
ITT: retards who need to understand that being portable doesn't mean it replaces Nintendo's portable business

Nintendo calls the switch a home console and have said the 3DS is still being supported. There's no evidence to say the switch is combining both markets.
>>
>>29687549
You're right.
But one point still stands: battery life!
I don't think it will replace portable consoles.
>>
>>29687553
Glad there are non-retards in this thread. Thanks.
>>
Switch is the new handheld.
3ds and ds are finished.
>>
People actually think that Ninti is willing to cannibalize its own handheld market by releasing 2 handheld (capable) devices.

Wew
>>
>>29687589
Battery will be an issue. nintendo are cheap when it comes to these.

If the switch is crazy popular i can see them pushing handheld games on the switch like Monster hunter.
You have to look at what kids are doing in Japan not the west. Kids are on handhelds and huge tablet phones playing MMO's and games on these. Nintendo is trying to kill two birds with one stone with the switch. If its a success why bother with a dedicated handheld when they can focus all resources in one device. This is a huge if tho.

I can actually see them pulling a Switch mini that when connected to the main Switch you can play the mobile games on the TV. Like the patents.
>>
>>29687615
The Wii U was also "handheld capable". How quickly we forget how extensively they tried to push that portability gimmick.
>>
>>29687615
A large portion of Nintendo's handheld market won't be interested in the Switch if it's as expensive as a console and doesn't have games like Pokemon, Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem
>>
>>29687137
> nintendo will announce a new 3ds
they already did :^)
>>
>>29687549
You are confronting it with the XL faggot, which already ISN'T portable.
Oh,l I forgot you americucks only got that :^)
>>
>>29687658
not the person you're replying to, but are you saying that americans are the only ones to get the XL? if so, that's either really sloppy bait or you're just retarded.
>>
>>29687658
>which already ISN'T portable.
XD lil bitch hands anon reporting in LUL
>>29687658
>I forgot you americucks only got that :^)
XD google before you talk shit twat LUL

Seriously tho die in a fire.
>>
File: 1462935636288.png (463KB, 1003x542px) Image search: [Google]
1462935636288.png
463KB, 1003x542px
>>29687658
Dafuq you on about you got pockets for ants europoor.
>>
>>29687671
No. He's saying that americans didn't get the small one. Reading conprehension is not your strength
>>
>>29687658
>I forgot you americucks only got that :^)
USA got both now you fucking retard.
>>
Go to sleep useless amerilards.
>>
>>29687394
the Switch is a handheld device you doublenigger
>>
File: 2a5.jpg (77KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
2a5.jpg
77KB, 400x551px
>>29687683
No hes saying cause he has baby hands and pockets for ants that he the xl isnt portable.
>>
inb4 they release it on new handheld and switch
>>
fuck this thread is cancerous
>>
>>29687695
Kys amerilard

Nobody carries xl in their pocket unless they are a gross overweight neet in ugly clothing
>>
>Using a mobile chipset
>But its a home console

Oh anon..
>>
>>29687715
So when are they going to make a real home console then? Or have they given up hope on ever competing in that market?
>>
It can switch between. Being a hand held and a home console.

Nintendo switch.
>>
>>29687711
>Nobody carries xl in their pocket unless they are a gross overweight neet in ugly clothing

I'm sorry you're a tiny asian with a small cock, anon.
>>
>>29687723
>So when are they going to make a real home console then?
They gave up after the Cube.
Nintendo are a gimmick now.

i actually think the Switch will be a success. I do not think they would release a new Handheld that with actively compete with there current new system flagged as a all in one.
>>
>>29687683
>You are confronting it with
>which already ISN'T

10/10 grammatical skills. Honestly had a really hard time understanding what it was they were trying to say.

Also,
>Pedestrian "reading comprehension" insult

l o l
>>
>>29687394
you can't put a Gameboy in your pocket either
>>
>>29687735
Yo dude go take a nap. You are being real creepy.
>>
>>29687735
In what way does this post even begin to make any sense?
>>
>>29687723
Y E S
>>
File: 1462931668277.jpg (24KB, 337x399px) Image search: [Google]
1462931668277.jpg
24KB, 337x399px
>>29687711
Yup cause eveyone else who isnt fat only wears skinny jeans and pants with pockets for ants. Everyone else who isnt fat also are all the same height and skeletal structure that all their pants have itty bitty pockets.

Dont be mad that your shit country is so poor you dont need pockets cause you dont got shit.
>>
>>29687728
>Nintendo switch.

SWITCH between HANDHELD and HOME CONSOLE

SWITCH

HANDHELD

HOME CONSOLE

SWITCH

SWITCH

oh.. kinda makes sense.

So when they releasing just the handheld part?
>>
>>29687745
He was implying the only people who have pockets large enough are fatasses with fatso cloths, duh.
>>
>>29687741
>having tiny pockets
Even a 2DS can fit in my large ass pockets, what's your excuse for not having those? Are you a plebian?
>>
>>29687751
Seriously go take a nap dude. This is really weird.
>>
>>29687757
>Even a 2DS can fit in my large ass pockets
Bullshit. Literally prove this shit.
>>
File: IMG_20161106_203059472.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_203059472.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>29687762
>>
>>29687775
Cant see shit. Nice "proof"
>>
>>29687762
Not that anon but the original 3ds opened is a little bit larger then the 2ds. I just easily fit that in my basketball shorts pocket.
>>
>>29687781
It's In the pocket mate, though not everyone has massive pockets like that
>>
File: IMG_20161106_203406723.jpg (812KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_203406723.jpg
812KB, 1456x2592px
>>29687781
>>
>>29687781
In honestly mine fits in my hoodie pocket, but it's never gonna fit in a trouser pocket unless you stuff it in your underwear
>>
My pants are loose and baggy, so my 2ds fits but only just. I'd have to walk slowly and carefully.
>>
>>29687245
>You have to be pretty dumb to think oterwise
You greatly underestimate Nintendo's stupidity
>>
>>29687800
I mean, my shorts are comfy and easy to wear.
>>
File: 20161106_113851.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_113851.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>2016
>not having a comfy purse and being effay af
>>
>>29687137
>on 2017/18 nintendo will announce a new 3ds
But that was in 2014.
Besides, >>29687615 is right. Switch will be marketed as a handheld in Japan and home console in the west, with the TV module as an optional purchase.
>>
>>29687821
youd make a good wife
>>
>>29687833
I think you're on the right track.
I'm guessing Nintendo is going to sell the Switch, TV base and all as one package in all regions to begin with.
But maybe ~1 year in we might get "Handheld" editions.
>>
>>29687833
yea sorry, i mean new "new 3ds" :P
>>
Nobody will buy the Switch if he wants a handheld. Home consoles are usually mire expensive. they would lose a lot of the handheld market if they replaced the 3ds with the Switch.
I hipe you retards never run a business.
>>
>>29688069
Also, one console sells less than two consoles.
>>
People with a PS4 or XOne won't buy the switch but they may buy a handheld console like the 3ds. So ninty would be really dumb if the switch was there only console for the future.
>>
The switch is going to be their next handheld, and a console. Pokemon's already confirmed to be on it.

Nintendo would have to be really stupid to fuck it up and make a true handheld to cut into sales, they are also powerful dumb motherfuckers sometimes but not really that bad.

Worst they'll do is eventually make a 2ds-esque switch thats just got the controls stuck to it so it can use one fucking battery.

God that was a dumb move, batteries are our one problem on all our shit lets cut it into thirds for three different parts.
>>
>>29688094
Pokemon will be on it. But that doesn't mean the mainseries will
>>
>>29687137
>Gamefreak used immediately lower screen
right, because they can't go back to utilizing one screen like the pokemon games before the DS....
>>
>>29688101
It'll be the main series, don't be daft.
>>
>>29688114
Nothing is confirmed. The main series will stay on the dedicated handheld console. They would lose too much customers if they switched to home console. Remember, people who just want a handheld won't buy the Switch. Then again, it's Pokemon so nearly everyone would buy it...
>>
>>29688069
handheld market is dead
>>
Who honestly takes their 3DS out with them?
Only Japan has this culture.
>>
>>29688144
I'm not saying it'll be a brand new gen to start, probably just a 3rd game, SM sequel, or remake to kick off to confirm market is there. Pokemon is one of few franchises bulk numbers of people will buy the hardware for.
>>
>>29688148
A lot of people do
>>
>>29688172
You are right. But i think if they switch hardware they do it with a new gen.
Also i personally don't think pokemon would be as successful on the switch as on a dedicated handheld. I may be wrong on that.
>>
>>29688148
I take mine to work. Graveyard.
>>
File: IMG_0565.png (373KB, 610x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.png
373KB, 610x338px
>>29687137
You can see everything just fine on the Switches screen if you overlay both screens together though.
>>
>>29687436
Nintendo literally released press statements about how the NX is going to be a successor to both. It was LITERALLY the first thing we found out about the Switch, half a year before we even knew it's name.
>>
>>29688537
Noice.
>>
>>29688091
>people won't by a handheld but they might but a handheld
(You)
>>
>>29688537
if that's not evidence the third version will release on Switch I dunno what is
>>
>>29688722
How about the fact that the lower screen doesn't even really DO anything in the new games.

The touch buttons all have a hot key tied to them. If you were to port MuSo to a console without a touch screen, it would still work fine.
>>
>>29687198
(3)DS family
\
Switch
/
Home consoles
>>
name one game that needs a second screen more than it needs a second analog stick.
I will wait.
>>
>>29687816
Underrated
>>
>>29688771
Pokemon
>>
File: Poke.jpg (173KB, 771x528px) Image search: [Google]
Poke.jpg
173KB, 771x528px
>>29688537
>>
>>29687445
people carry tablets around all the time nowadays. It's not just targeted at kids that have to fit that in their pockets anymore, it's targeted at normies and nu-males that don't leave home without carrying all of their apple products in a faggy bag. I think most people especially in western countries use portable consoles at home or during travels anyway, you don't see many people playing the 3ds in public.
>>
Do we know if they're only selling it in one whole package? Could they get away with selling just the console and regular controller in one bundle, just the gamepad in another bundle, then selling them together in a third one?
>>
>>29688864
Or a fucking backpack or gym bag
>>
>>29688581
No Nintendo didn't.
>>29688718
Who would buy a home console that is also portable but with low battery life when the only thing they want is a real handheld device which costs 100€/$ less?
>>
They'll make a main series Pokémon game for the Switch if Nintendo tells them to. It's that simple.
>>
>>29688892
The console part doesn't work without the handheld part.
>>
>>29688911
I hope the switch flops so hard that they give us a proper handheld.
I don't care about muh 1080 or fucking skyrim, I don't want to pay 300-350 bucks for a portable home console that shits the bed after 2 hours.
>>
>>29688537
>>29688805
This is what i want to see on next gen. No more forms, no more new items. just a new pokemon gameplay style
>>
>>29687137
hello stupid
see you with 8th gen on the Switch in a year or two
>>
>>29687137
Wow great post. Super interesting. Incredible. Wow.
>>
>>29687137
That assertion doesn't really hold much water.

Mainline Pokemon with more pixels will just end up using the spare screenspace for some of the bottom screen's functions.
>>
Gamefreak has confirmed a pokemon game for the switch and they have never made anything but mainline games in the series.
>>
>>29688990

They sadly won't do that again because B/W didn't sell well enough.
>>
>>29687454

I will never understand people who brings their consoles outside, this is completely uncomfortable to play with people around ect. it's a different story if you have own garden, ect. but otherwise I rather would take it only during longer poo or to my bed
>>
>>29689330
No, GF hasn't.
Or post source.
>>
Nintendo is moving their handheld DEVELOPERS to the Switch. That doesn't mean they won't be making handheld games anymore, it just means that third division of Nintendo that everyone forgets about will be in charge of making handheld games. They have already said they are focusing more on mobile phones. That is their new handheld market.
New Pokémon games will be on the Switch though, because the developer (GF) is moving to Switch.
>>
>>29687405
Maybe it could be like in Sun and Moon where all the buttons are on the edge to make thumb-tapping easier?
>>
>>29690351
or just build on what the 1st two gens did.
>>
>>29687471
>The switch is not a console you take with you wherever you go

>Reveal trailer is entirely made up of set pieces demonstrating how you can take it with you and use it wherever you go.

It has a mobile chipset, a big battery, a body and controller designed for portable gaming, a kickstand, and a relatively small screen compared to modern mobile devices like tablets, which runs at 720p for efficiency. It'll probably get you 5 hours gaming, 10 hours video. It has to compete against phones and more critically, tablets, which have proven that size is no longer as much of a barrier to mobile as it used to be.

Unless it fails immediately, it's going to replace the 3DS and Wii-U. And if they decided to get on board with the rest of consumer technology and push yearly revisions, then keeping the 3DS would be downright foolish.
>>
>>29688968
Shield tablet is a little bit bigger, but has a 1080p display and an older tegra chip in it, and it averages 5-7 hours.

The switch has a smaller, 720p panel and a more modern and efficient tegra chipset. It'll average the same. Battery life is not an enormous concern--one of the perks of moving into a larger, unified chassis and using mobile chipsets is that it leaves a TON of space for battery
>>
Makes sense to me, since Nintendo has been porting most of their A-list WiiU titles to the 3DS, anyway.
>>
You guys know that the 3DS sales are starting to tank right? You might get a year or so support like the GBA did when the DS released but this is it. The 3DS is done.
>>
The Switch is literally a portable gaming tablet that can easily be projected onto a tv screen. It's entire existence means Nintendo is leaving the home console market to focus on their handheld market, while not alienating their home console consumers.

You're stupid if you think Nintendo will release a second portable hardware platform. We'll get a 'slim' model of the Switch and other later hardware revisions instead.
>>
Why would they prefer shitty quality when they could move to a HD portable console? As for two screens, they could just go back to what they used to do in the Gameboy eras.
>>
>>29691231
I really hope so. I wanna believe, but we don't know shit about it so I'm gonna doubt it until we see it in action.
>>
>>29691499
As long as the install base still buys games, that's not really important

>>29691879
Nintendo calls it a home console, so it's actually the opposite of what you think
>>
If they do ever consider DP remakes, then I'd imagine it would stay on the 3DS due to the game having some touchscreen stuff. Afterwards, you'd use Pokémon Bank to transfer to the new game.
>>
>carrying your 3ds in your pocket
nigga you're screaming to get robbed, I can't even carry my phone in my pocket here, all in the bag, and if you're on foot walk as fast as you can
>>
Well this isn't solid evidence at all just something I noticed that might support the "taking over both handheld and home console" side. They're going back to using cartridges again, so this might support backwards compatibility on 3ds. Or im just a dummy. idk
>>
>>29692311
confirmed no 3DS compatibility already. Sorry
>>
>>29692067
And Nintendo also called the DS a 'third platform' that would co-exist alongside the Gameboy line. In other words, it's corporate speech to keep home console fans happy. The Switch is a portable gaming device whether you want to hear it or not.
>>
>>29692119
Not everyone lives in a ghetto
>>
>>29692942
i wanted to write the same, replacing the word with niggerland, but was worried of /pol/ or racism accusations, even if it's just a joke. sjw presence is quite strong lately.
>>
Do people in this thread realize that the ONLY reason that Nintendo is pushing the "home console" angle so hard is because they plan to still support the 3DS for a few more years? They're not going to shoot the successful 3DS in the foot by marketing the Switch as a handheld. And if the Switch is a success, in a few years, they're not going to shoot the Switch in the foot by announcing a new handheld.

Honestly, if anything, in a few years when they start phasing out the 3DS, that's when they'll start selling the Switch without a dock (something they've already confirmed is a future possibility as it will always include the dock at launch).

The only way Nintendo will announce a new handheld is if Switch proves to be a failure, then they'll announce a new handheld.
>>
>>29687754
They've said that they may consider that down the line, it's going to depend on the success of the initial "with Dock" version.

I could see a Switch Mini someday that is more portable friendly, but still interacts with the dock in some way.
>>
>>29688076
One console near doubles the consumers and lessens the cost...
>>
>>29688892
The GamePad IS the console.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>29687549
God damn how am I supposed to carry that around. What a disaster.
>>
>>29689912
Not the other poster, but
http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/20/12986612/pokemon-nintendo-nx
>>
>>29693619
inb4 their first spinoff with "Pokemon TCG 3"
>>
>>29687549
Where the fuck am I gonna put this? It's so wide. Am I really gonna have to keep attaching and detaching the controller bits? Speaking of which, don't they drain battery as well?

This seems like it'll be such a disaster.
>>
>>29693705
Maybe they'll learn their lesson after this shit flops. If it doesn't, I'm happy too so I don't really care either way.
>>
>>29688722
They're not going to do it for a third version or a remake. I'm sure the next generation will be on the Switch but it's not going to happen for the gen 7 main games.
>>
Personally I think you'd have to be fucking insane to take this anywhere with you. I mean, it's the fucking console, isn't it? It's not like taking a handheld out with you. If something happened to my 3DS at least I'd have my consoles and PC. But if I bought this as a console I would never fucking take it anywhere, aside from the bathroom. I'd be paranoid as fucking carrying this thing around.
>>
>>29693806
That's why this thing is a mistake. It's wayy to expensive.
>>
>>29693419
I'm not one of those in denial about the switch replacing the 3ds, but your state ment isnt accurate, neither is the guy that states that 2 sperate consoles = double the sells
>>
>>29693844
When I said near double the consumers, I meant strictly 3DS adopters and strictly Wii U adopters will now have one single console instead two. But you are correct, having one single console would cut into the profit of consumers that buy both.
>>
>>29693910
Considering it was mainly 25-35 males almost exclusively they might not be losing a whole lot.
>>
We don't know the price point yet. Vita was 400 dollars at launch, 3DS was 250, WiiU is 300 for basic and 350 for deluxe. If it's around 300~400, it's not all that expensive for a handheld gaming device, and fairly cheap for a modern home console.

We also don't know the battery life. I don't think 5 hours is unreasonable given how long some tablets can last.
>>
>>29694363
>it's not all that expensive for a handheld gaming device
lol
>>
>>29693705
The sides are removable, so they have their own power supply. They have a charger of their own.
>>
>>29694425
It isn't though? Especially as it's one that doubles as a home gaming console with current gen specs.
>>
>>29694523
They have yet to prove that this thing can keep up with current consoles. The price tag says they want to compete with current gen, and that will only work with explosive launch titles.
Take this as comparison: I can buy a brand new N3DS with animal crossing home designer for 155. The version it's on makes it crackable, meaning all previous nintendo handheld and some home console titles on one device. I as a portable gamer don't see a single reason to buy this thing right now.
>>
>>29694667
with this thing referring to the switch
>>
File: pokemonswitch.png (137KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonswitch.png
137KB, 625x352px
If generation 8 and the remakes of D/P doesn't appear on the Switch then I will stop buying Pokémon games. Nintendo has to be really retard to not release any of the main series on a portable console that you can do much with it in terms of graphics and gameplay, just imagine a Pokémon game at 720p.
>>
>>29694667
And they've said that it's not meant to be a replacement for the 3DS. I'm merely trying to suggest it won't sell horribly. But, on the other hand, we all know that when Nintendo says "it's not meant to be a replacement", it eventually ends up a replacement anyway. As long as Switch doesn't sell like shit, I expect Nintendo to stop making 3DS games sometime in 2018. If it fails, they'll keep making 3DS games. But don't expect a new handheld until after 2020- this is the "new handheld". They'd need to think of some new gimmick to push with the new handheld. Nintendo doesn't just do normal consoles and such anymore.

And they showed it running the new version of Skyrim, so, I'd say that's proof enough
>>
>>29694923
>And they showed it running the new version of Skyrim
anon, that was literally shopped. The port isn't even done yet they even said that officially.
>>
>>29694957
Then why the fuck would Nintendo show it running on their new console? It doesn't serve them well to trick anyone, and it's coming out in MARCH so they should know the specs and not just be trying to go for a "concept trailer". If it was a year and a half out like with the WiiU I could maybe understand, but something that's basically ready doesn't make sense.
>>
>>29694997
Because they don't have anything else to show is my guess. I'm definitely not jumping the gun on that purchase.
>>
>>29695097
I'm not either... but that's mostly because I'm not made of money. If I had the means I'd probably buy it day 1. I waited too long to buy a WiiU but not long enough to realize it was a flop so now I have to play catchup with the games it DOES have...
>>
>>29687137
1. They won't announce another portable unless Switch doesn't do well. There's literally no point with the Switch being a portable itself.

2. Dual screen is a meme that's worn off. There's no need for it. Nintendo themselves have ditched the second screen and they're the last ones to push it hard. Switch flat out will not even let you use it as a menu screen. It's like phones at one point. Majority just wants a single big screen now. Pokemon is no more special than all those other RPGs that only need one screen.

3. There won't be another remake for 3DS. It'll be six years when Switch comes out. You may not even get another Pokemon game seeing as how XY never got a sequel or third version. There's pretty much nothing of value announced for 3DS next year. Just old ports nobody seems to talk about anymore.

People that say they'll release a separate handheld line don't understand why the Switch exists to begin with. The point is to get all the games on one system. Many predicted this would happen because Nintendo has been preparing for this internally for years now. No company can support two systems anymore. Sony gave up. Now Nintendo is doing it. There's just not enough quality games to go around.
>>
In the case:
Gen7 is only for the 20th anniversary gen, Gen8 is released in N3DS/3DS
Gen7 end in 2019/2020, Gen8 Is released in Switch/improbably 3DS successor
>>
Just got done talking to the owner of a mom and pop shop and he told me some fascinating shit that he apparently saw at E3 behind closed doors

>Pokemon Red and Blue are being remade for the Nintendo Switch
>It will be released November 7th 2017
>It will be a singular game and all 150 (didn't mention mew) pokemon are able to be captured
>This means there will be no "versions"
>While the game can be played in 3rd person view like all other pokemon games you can also switch to a 1st person view
>In 1st person view you can see your arms swing as you walk and if you turn your head you can see your shoulders
>He mentioned a "spectacular CG scene" of Red picking his pokemon which happened to be charmander
>When Charmander was sent out of it's pokeball it did so in a burst of flames
>The graphics were very reminiscent of Pokken Tournament
>The wild encounters are no longer random cut aways
>Rather you can see the pokemon roaming around in their habitat before you engage them
>>
>>29695629
you didn't have to try THAT hard for a (You).
now fuck off
>>
>>29695678
I can give you the stores phone number if you wanna call him and ask yourself.
>>
>>29695733
Do it
>>
>>29695757
(480) 765-2875
If someone wants to record the convo and post it here that'd be grand. I don't have the set up to do such a thing
>>
>>29695733
O shit you're telling me people can also lie on the phone? That's AMAZING
>>
>>29687137
G4 remakes won't happen on the 3DS.

muh patterns
>>
File: 1465934268378.png (50KB, 332x309px) Image search: [Google]
1465934268378.png
50KB, 332x309px
>>29687775

Holy shit, I was just about to respond to >29687757 with a joke about wearing cargo shorts and he unironically legitimately is.
>>
>>29696062
I hope so. I really want to see the remakes at 720p on a bigger screen.
>>
The main series will definitely be on Switch.

GameFreak are obsessed with communication and interaction in Pokemon games and the Switch provides an even better platform for that than the 3DS does.

They've expressed interest in the mobile market but ultimately been against it because kids might not be able to have their own phone.

Nintendo are likely going to merge Handhelds into the Switch and have everything on one console, it doesn't make sense to have two handhelds.

We'll definitely get main series games on the switch. Will it be Gen 8 or 9..who knows. I'd like to think 8 but then GameFreak don't typically jump straight into new consoles with main series games.
>>
>>29696179
Just wait for the Nintendo Flex with its fancy flexible carbon nanotube components
>>
>>29687715
ps4/xbx1 uses a tablet apu
>>
>>29687754
iwata mentioned multiple forms factors so home console akin to shield tv in holiday 2017
switch mini bundled with g8 pokemon games in march/holiday 2018
>>
File: 1476313964883.png (388KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476313964883.png
388KB, 2560x1600px
>>29695629
>>Pokemon Red and Blue are being remade for the Nintendo Switch

This isn't as engaging as nostalgiafags want it to be and it's sad they'll never realize that.
>>
>>29697835
No, they don't. They use Laptop APUs.

A tablet with a laptop APU would just be a Surface Pro
>>
>>29695629
>only gen 1
We just need gen 8. I can't handle this gen 1 pandering
>>
>>29696179
Switch should have gen 8 and 9. Gen 10 on the handheld afternoon that
>>
File: IMG_1855.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1855.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
>>29695237
>much nothing of value announced for 3DS next year.
Hey now, that oasis game looks good.
>>
>DPP remakes come out on Switch
>the first games to use two screens are also the first games to get rid of the second screen
>>
>>29693041
>thinking /pol/ and sjws are the same thing
That's not even remotely close to being anywhere near sounding like almost kinda being similar.
>>
File: 1361918637320.png (147KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1361918637320.png
147KB, 320x319px
>>29688722
>mfw it includes manual camera control
>>
>>29694363
>Vita was 400 dollars at launch
Vita was 249$
>If it's around 300~400, it's not all that expensive for a handheld gaming device, and fairly cheap for a modern home console.
there never a hh this expensive and switch is not a home console don't matter what nintendo says it will not being seen as one
>We also don't know the battery life. I don't think 5 hours is unreasonable given how long some tablets can last.
Nintendo is cheap and tegra is power hungy don't expect a good battery life in the switch
>>
>>29694735
Just gonna say this now: The Poketch would be really awkward to use with only one screen. Not happening.
>>
>>29700006
>just have a HUD overlay for all the various features of it
>>
I think the best evidence that Gamefreak is moving on from the 3DS is actually the Sun and Moon Pokedex, theres only two event mon for gen7, Magearna and Marshadow. Magearna is being given out this year in Japan which leaves just Marshadow for next year. I'm betting we get one more game for 3DS next year(I'm guessing gen4 remakes) and then 2018 mainline games are going to the Switch.
>>
Gamefreak already confirmed they're making a game for it though. They only make mainline games.
>>
>>29700863
I sure love my mainline pokemon games Tembo The Badass Elephant and HarmoKnight.
>>
>>29698466
Wouldn't it make more sense for the ONLY main region/games that have never been on a dual screen system to be the first games on the Switch?
>Kanto
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.