[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Megas ever returning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-519Pidove.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-519Pidove.png
50KB, 250x250px
Were Megas a one off thing that were made to be only introduced in Gen 6, or are new Megas confirmed?

What does this mean for the future of regional variants like Alolan Forms, could they be one off gimmicks for Alola only?

Considering our last cross-gen evo was Sylveon and prevos were babies in Gen 4, why is Game Freak so inconsistent?

Pic unrelated it's just Pidove.
>>
>>29684538
There's no reason to make new Megas. The idea itself was an attempt to bring old Pokemon into the mix that they consider a partial failure since only certain Pokemon could benefit from it. Their solution to this are the Z-Moves, which enable any Pokemon to do cool shit, so they don't have to worry about disappointing people by not picking their favorites.

They clearly try to give each Gen certain gimmicks to keep everything fresh.
>>
Its a shame z moves are shit and don't really add that much to fights as a whole, but mega evos are the other extreme.
>>
Yes they will return. All signs point to the DP remakes.
>>
>>29684685
This. We know DP remakes are coming, and it wouldn't make sense for regional mons to be there in a remake. Plus, even GF isn't going to give megas to Kanto and Hoenn region starters and legendaries while leaving Johto and Sinnoh legendaries in the dust, as well as some mons like Dragonite, Flygon, or Milotic that got gypped.
>>
File: Sawsbuck Kawaii uguu.png (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sawsbuck Kawaii uguu.png
1MB, 1200x800px
>>29684538
No one knows. Pokemon is notorious for doing cool things once and also notorious for doing a cool thing but needing to wait a generation to re-implement it.

I don't think any of them are sustainable in a way that keeps people happy. Your favorite that is a likely candidate will probably not get a mega (i.e.Flygon), your favorite who could have a regional form probably won't have a regional form(i.e. Machamp) . if it did it probably won't make you happy (Sandshrew not being ground despite just being called Sand in moonspeak, M-Slowbro's design).

The worst part is seasons are never coming back and Sawsbuck will never get regional variants that have their own megas so that all four seasons have their own respective mega that are distinct which all have chlorophyll because even if you have something nice Gamefreak is going to fuck it up.
>>
>>29684538
Mega Evolution was an excellent idea in theory, but was executed horribly. I really like the likes of Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Altaria, but things like Mega Garchomp and Mega Blaziken were completely unnecessary.

I see no reason to make new Megas, knowing GameFreak, what's next? A 3rd Mega Evolution for Mewtwo?
>>
>>29684809
Mega Mewtwo Z
Type: Psychic Fairy
Ability: Battle Bond
BST goes from 680 to 780 to 890.
>>
>>29684630
Megas were the first time that "gimmick" had a direct impact on the gameplay though. If you look at the interviews you can clearly see they were nothing but a marketing tactic to bring people in without regards for game balance. this isn't the pokemon i have come to love. Not like this
>>
>>29684809
Honestly, my problem with megas for pseudo legendary mons was the blatant favoritism for third gen. Chomp's mega didn't look too bad, but was genuinely worse than it in most situations. Tar's mega was okay. Mence's mega is so strong that it is considered one of the best mons in ubers and Meta's mega made it a really good OU mon. WTF?
>>
>>29684773
>implying M-Slowbro isn't one of the few actually decent mega designs
>>
>>29684538
I can see it coming back - even if they limited it to like a few key mons or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if X/Y got a sequel/remake some years down the line and the starter trio and box legends got megas/origin forms or something.
>>
File: f97.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f97.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>29684753
Getting my hopes up, anon.
I don't know how I even can, though, since they've had three damn games to make them with.
>>
>>29684753
>Dragonite
>gypped
There's about a hundred different Pokémon that should be getting a Mega before orange Barney.
>>
>>29684630

>Their solution to this are the Z-Moves, which enable any Pokemon to do cool shit

What a terrible fucking solution. Z-Moves won't make Pokemon like Ledian any less terrible.
>>
>>29684773
I actually completely forgot about seasons. One of two good features from B/W, the other being Challenge mode. I'd trade 75% of the gen 5 pokedex in exchange for those features to come back
>>
File: unfair.jpg (74KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
unfair.jpg
74KB, 600x486px
>>29685452
Honestly, pic related is a good example of GF going wtf. Like, I get the idea of trying to make less popular mons more liked, but I don't think it worked well these two. And there WERE mons that at least should've gotten one to be even with similar mons (Slowking, Milotic, Dragonite).

I do like the new Marowak, but I thought next pic related would've been a good design idea to start with for a mega, if for no other reason it would be more reliable to make it stronger. We don't know if they did the stats right on this.
>>
Sun/Moon may not have new Megas, because they want to focus more on Z-Moves and these Alola Forms. Which, 17 Alola mons is kinda pathetic but I guess Z-Moves are a nice touch.

I don't buy the argument that "Z-Moves let all Pokémon do something cool", because it's not true. Bug Z-Move will still be shit on a Ledian or regular Beedrill. Also, some Pokemon have exclusive Z-Moves. That's just as unfair as choosing a Pokemon to have a Mega.

I think once A-Forms and Z-Moves have run their course of "freshness" (ie after VGC 17) , new Megas will be announced.
>>
>>29685483
Well, 4 other pseudolegendary mons got it, and 2 of them didn't need it, and one is outrageously overpowered.
>>29685635
Here is other pic related. Marowak had a lot of potential for a mega. Another cool idea was make it ground ghost mega and make the bone become a scythe.
>>
I want more Megas since the cat is out of the bag now so there are already Megas that are here to stay. Why not expand the pool of Megas and retool what's already there? They have shown they're willing to do so, with the Mega Kang nerf.

A Mega, executed properly, breathes new life into a pokemon and can make it interesting. Alternatively it can fuck it up for good(Audino) but that's what rebalancing is for.

Plus, a lot of them were pretty interesting. I want more stuff like Mega Heracross, less braindead shit like Megamence or Lucario.
>>
Where the fuck is Mega Dunsparce?
>>
>>29685701
>Mega Kang nerf
What now?
>>
>>29685798
Second hit is only a quarter instead of half.
>>
>>29685933
Good. It's still probably going to be uber though, and now it won't even be as strong in uber. Damn uber limbo.
>>
>>29684538
Yes, they'll need something to advertise in the DP remakes
>>
>>29685678
>I think once A-Forms and Z-Moves have run their course of "freshness" (ie after VGC 17) , new Megas will be announced.
>Implying anyone at VGC will be using A-Forms or Z-Moves
>>
>>29685529
It's not about making Pokemon not terrible, it's about being able to do cool shit with your favorites.

With Megas only certain Pokemon could do cool shit. Now any Pokemon can do cool shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.