[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest Cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: Biggest City in Region.png (539KB, 1034x390px) Image search: [Google]
Biggest City in Region.png
539KB, 1034x390px
>Saffron City
>Goldenrod City
>Mauville City
>Three Island Town
>Jubilife City
>Castelia City
>Lumiose City
>Hau'oli City

Which regions had the best biggest cities and which had the worst? And how does Alola's compare to the rest?

I like Goldenrod and Castelia. Felt big without being confusing. Jubilife has elder god tier music.

Hau'oli is ok, great music, but noticeably one of the smallest. And while the locations are nice, unless the demo inaccessible areas have some interesting things to do, this place might not be one worth going back to often.
>>
>>29682890
My favorito is Lumiose because is a really a fucking big city, but the camera sucks

everybody who gets lost in Lumiose is a dumbass easy gamer
>>
>>29682890
Jubilife and Castelia are my favorites because although Jubilife doesn't feel very bustling with npcs, it just gives off a comfy vibe to me, and Castelia is just a great level of exploration that doesn't feel as tedious as something like Lumiose. I also love the Castelia sewers, and like you said, Jubilife's music is amazing.

Least favorite is definitely Mauville in ORAS, the whole being in the same building thing is a neat idea but it makes it feel not like a city to me, and I miss seeing all the tall buildings.
>>
>Best
Veilstone city (Comfy music, Game corner, shopping mall, Galactic HQ)
>Worst
Lumiose (the camera fucked it up)
>>
>>29682890
Goldenrod's cool. Castelia's a close second; it has cool spots like the back alley and the bar, but it's too copy-paste for me. The worst is definitely Mauville, since it just felt like a big shopping mall.
>>29683007
Lumiose City is the biggest clusterfuck is the franchise, it wouldn't so bad if everything didn't look the same.
>>
>>29682890
I miss old Mauville. It was comfy.
>>
>>29682890
Castelia is a best.
>>
>>29683095
It's called Haussmann. Welcome to Paris
>>
>>29683043
I LOVE Castelia Sewers and Goldenrod's Underground locations because it makes everything feel much deeper. Like there's more to the city. Especially love how you can go underground and come up in another location in the city. Helped the big city feel immensely.

Jubilife's music is doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to it being comfy for me. But it ended up without much due to how early it was. Which is why Hau'oli has me a bit worried. A lot of locations, not empty, but not much to go back to

>>29683107
Even if one dislikes new Mahville, I don't see why anyone would want the old one back.
>>
Gentoo Goldenrod.
>>
>>29682890
You should include Lilycove or Slateport if you're including Mauville since they were the biggest before ORAS
>>
>>29682890
Sinnoh's was the most bland

Veilstone was pretty neat though
>>
>>29682890
>mauville city
Stop this meme. Hoenn's largest city is Rustboro, not Mauville. The Mauville in the garbage ORAS remakes don't count by the way.
>>
>>29682890
My favorite is Lumiose. I know that the camera is fucked up, but it has so many places to visit, great music, and I loved those little alleys, and the cafes. It's just comfy and exciting at the same time
>>
>saffron
>mauville
Celadon and Lilycove are the biggest of its games.
>>
>>29683326
I'm only counting the biggest in the most up to date version of each region. Hearthome was the biggest in DP.

>>29683007
The camera sucks just too much for me. Plus yeah, every building and street is too similar.
>>
>>29683358
Rustboro has exactly two places of interest and one of them was the mandatory gym
>>
>>29683365
>so many places to visit
It's all filler though. Lumiose is trash. And the 20 different loading screens make traveling in the city tedious and cause a sense of disconnect.
>>
File: Biggest city.png (2MB, 2852x710px) Image search: [Google]
Biggest city.png
2MB, 2852x710px
>>29683370
>>29683358
I actually have a pic I saved from ages ago about this.

Celadon has more people, but the games actually refer to Saffron as the biggest.
>>
Goldenrod feels like half the region. Besides having the Beeg Mart and game corner, it has the underground, radio tower, etc. The you get the Park to the north and the first breeding house ever to the south which feels like extensions of the city.
>>
>>29683451
>the cozy little town of mauville is now a glorified shopping mall
I will never forgive GF for this.
>>
>>29683500
It makes sense, but would've prefered they added some of the shit to slateport, one of the previously biggest settlements
>>
Is Hau'oli for sure the biggest city? It seems way too small given the trend of Castelia > Lumiose > Mauville. Granted, each of those was substantially worse than the last, so I'm fine with a dialed back big city.
>>
>>29683500
Mauville is so much better now
It's literally Mall Ville
>>
File: 1476960486874.png (292KB, 964x454px) Image search: [Google]
1476960486874.png
292KB, 964x454px
>>29683358
I like Rustboro because of how cozy it is. It's like an urban Alazea Town. I dont want to think of it as a big bustling city.

>>29683500
I feel like they wanted to make Mauville big without changing the space it takes up, so they went up instead. And they're afraid of skyscrapers now (notice how all of the biggest cities not in Sevii were skyscraper cities until Gen 6) so they made it a mall

>>29683571
There will likely be a city with more people, but looking at the map it's clear hau'oli is supposed to be the biggest
>>
>>29682890
The biggest city in Hoenn is Rustborough. Or at least, that's what it would be if we took its real life counterpart, Fukuoka, as indicative of where the largest city in Hoenn would be.
>>
>>29683414
kill yourself nigger. i liked it and your favorite is trash too.
>>
>>29683684
>trash too
>too
So Lumiose is trash?
>>
>>29683283
Gen 2 Goldenrod is good, but Gen 4 Goldenrod is great
>>
>>29683619
The fuck are you smoking? What about Castelia? Literally skyscrapers: the city
>>
>>29682890
>mfw we might go back to Castelia in S/M
I miss the skyscrapers, there's nothing remotely close to that feeling in any other pokemon game.
>>
>>29682890
Castelia had the biggest impression on me. I literally was amazed at the scope the first time I went there in BW
>>
>>29683773
>until Gen 6.

That's what I'm saying. They could do them until the 3DS came out and now they're avoiding it like crazy.

It's one of the reasons i'd be curious about Sinnoh remakes. They cant avoid it since both Veilstone and Jubilife have them.
>>
>>29683821
Same. It still invokes "big city" the best
>>
>>29683591
>better
Well, yeah
>>
File: Goldenrod City (1).jpg (697KB, 1295x920px) Image search: [Google]
Goldenrod City (1).jpg
697KB, 1295x920px
Goldenrod is by far the best.

>comfy
>Radio Tower and Lotto for prizes
>Day Care Center right infront of the city, and long street to hatch eggs
>You get the Bike
>Comfy National Park right after
>Pokeathlon right after
>Back in Gen 4, WiFi services were right here in the city
>Get Eevee here
>Department store and Underground Services
>Plot causes you to revisit and save the City
>You can dress up as Rocket and all the NPC's react
>Train straight to the center of Kanto

It's undeniable.

Let's see, what about the others;

>Saffron
Empty, nothing to do, lame.

>Mauville
It's just a shipping center now.

>Three Island Town
What?

>Jubilife
Has possibly the comfiest music of any big City, and the Game Corner, but not much else. I like it though!

>Castelia
B2/W2 Castelia was good, adding the hidden areas, and the garden with Eevee.

>Lumiose
I love the concept, but the execution was poor. Mainly though, I ust wish there was more content. If all the buildings had reasons to revisit, it would have been neat. But there's not even a Game Corner? Can't we get Pinball or something? Problem with Gen 6 in general.

>Hau'oli
Too early to say, but I am not impressed.
>>
>>29685941
I may be getting Jubilife/Veilstone mixed up...

I think my points still stand though.
>>
>>29685969
No no, Jubilife is the one with the god tier music. Veilstone's was okay

>>29685941
You're right in that Goldenrod is pretty top tier. Lumiose/Mauville may have more things to do, but they were all similar. half the lumiose locations are based on just battling (Battle Institute, Restaurants) and half were based on shopping. Goldenrod had shopping, battles, pictures, a lotto in the radio tower and a different one in the department store, and gambling.

Also a lot more colourful than every other big city as the OP image shows
>>
I feel like Goldenrod is the best, but it was at at the expense of the rest of the region's towns.
>>
File: 10 out of 10.jpg (51KB, 1174x1111px) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10.jpg
51KB, 1174x1111px
>>29686113
Nah man, Johto's towns were great. The only lame ones were Mahogany, as they never went far enough with the ninja theme, and Frontier Access, because they made it tiny and empty even though it was all new and they could have gone further

>>29685941
>>someone saved my art
fellow Goldenrod-friend too
>>
>>29685941
>>29686160
Also, Three Island Town is a Sevii place. The region is pretty tiny.
>>
>>29686160
Mahogony feels like GF came up with all this cool stuff between Ecruteak and Blackthorn and then realized later the player might need a rest point in there somewhere.
>>
>>29686317
I could see Mahogany not existing.

Actually, you may be in to something. I remember seeing beta screenshots on Bulbapedia that showed Lake of Rage was supposed to be a town. Complete with a gym. But now its not.

It looks like they planned to have the whole plot happen at the lake, but then made the lake separate from the town and pit Mahogany lower.

You may be right.
>>
>>29682890
Castelia a best.
>>
>>29686517
I liked the music.
>>
>>29682890
Easily Lumiose.

I like the size, the zoomed in camera, and the maze-like structure. And the random battles on the alleys.
>>
>>29688656
The alleyway battles were good. We need more battles within cities
>>
>>29690011
This. I hate how cities and towns have become safe spaces.

If you must, make it so that trainers within cities/towns can be declined (except for certain ones like sneaky alleyway fuckers)

Gen 4 had battles in the Pokémon Centers which was great
>>
>>29682890
how is Mauville big?
you should have said Lilycove to be honest.
>>
>>29682890
Isn't Nimbasa the largest city of Unova, instead of Castelia?
And I'm pretty certain Saffron is smaller than Celadon.
>>
>>29682890
I love Castelia.

The worst is Lumiose, but I have to say that Saffron is a huge disappointment to me.

If we get Kanto re-remakes some day I fucking hope they make Saffron+Celadon actually feel like the Pokémon version of Tokyo instead of just the two boring cities they are now.
>>
>>29682890
My favourite one is Goldenrod City, but Hau'oli might be my new favourite. Mauville was good too, in gen 3. but it was not a big city so I guess it doesn't count

The worst ones are easily gen 5 and 6. Too confusing for me.

I'm glad they got back to small cities in gen 7 instead of stupidly huge ones like gen 5 and 6.
>>
>>29682890
Lumiose is fuck huge, but Castelia feels more like an actual city with the sewers and cluttered alleys etc., and it's also more organized
>>
Castelia > the rest > Lumiose
>>
Lumiose would 100 times better if it had a Parisian Catacombs area underneath the city.

>can only be accessed through hidden holes in the walls of some buildings and alleyways
>a giant spooky maze made of Pokemon and human bones
>you could expand the lore by saying it was another burial ground for victims of the Ultimate Weapon, to make Lumiose as a whole more interesting
>could be like the Sinnoh underground, where certain sections of the catacombs are only accessible through certain entrances
>filled with ghosts (Yamask and Honedge seem fitting)
>something cool at the end, pls no Abyssal Ruins again
>>
>>29691427
>>29691632

>>29683451
>>
>>29692099
This. It's ridiculous.

>Saffron has Underground Path
>Goldenrod has Goldenrod Tunnel and the Department Store Basement
>Mauville has New Mauville
>Castelia has Castelia Sewers
>Lumiose has no underground sections despite being based on Paris
>>
>>29690306
>sneaky alleyway fuckers
my sides
>>
>>29685941
>not mentioning the best girl
come on anon! she was the best part of the city.
>>
>>29692910
Buena?
>>
>>29692910
Bill's little sister?
>>
>>29692910
Flower Shop Lady?
>>
>>29693042
no (who?)
>>29693159
no (what?)
>>29693173
no (really?)

hint: touch the cow
>>
>>29693275
The day care lady!
>>
>>29693275
Picknicker Liz
>>
>>29693275
The girl in Whitney's Gym who tells you Whitney will stop crying eventually after you beat her and she throws a tanturm?
>>
>>29693275
Radio Host Mary?
>>
>>29682890
Lumiose is my favorite cause I live in Paris IRL, though I agree it's not the best.

Goldenrod was just perfect.
>>
>>29693296
no (again)
>>29693301
no
>>29693309
kek

how long is this gonna go on?

hint: pink and white
>>
>>29685941
actually, you're right
>>
>>29693275
>not knowing Buena of Buena's Password

and you call yourself a Goldenrod fan
>>
>>29682890
the stormy skies above lumiose was always comfy
>>
File: 1472226607162.png (266KB, 490x283px) Image search: [Google]
1472226607162.png
266KB, 490x283px
>>29693376
>pink and white
so >>29693325 was right
>>
>>29693376
Miltank!
>>
>>29693376
>pink and white

Nurse joy ?
>>
>>29683358
>I don´t like that city then it doesn´t count

Fuck off
>>
>>29682890
So we've got
-Marunouchi, Tokyo's business district
-Osaka City
-Kumamoto City
-Hachijōjima / Hachijōkojima island
-Sapporo City, Sorachi Prefecture
-Downtown Manhattan
-Paris
-Kapolei, O'ahu

A cool selection, in my opinion.
>>
The original Mauville is the worst

Don't really like any of them enough to call a best, Lumiose is the only one with the sheer size and content expected of a giant central city but from a geologist's standpoint it's a disaster
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x225px
Youre forgetting another city
>>
>>29693399
i like the goldenrod but i haven't explored the entire city yet

because i grinded my pokemon in route 34
>>29693429
that wasn't what i meant by pink and white
>>29693434
one last hint: its her owner
>>
>>29693521
>its her owner
Oh how silly of me

The farm lady on the route right before Ollivine! I remember feeding her Miltank lots of Oran berries! She was quite a fine lady, but I am afraid she already has a husband and two kids anon.
>>
>>29693552
i.....i.....give up all of them are the best girls.

i really need to visit goldenrod after beating pryce,
>>
>>29685941
This.

Castelia is a close second to me. It actually felt the most like a huge city, especially in BW2, but it just wasn't as comfy as Goldenrod
>>
>>29682890
What about Veilstone and Rustboro?
>>
>>29693581
To be fair, Goldenrod does happen to have a pretty high number of Pokegirls in or around it

>>29693486
I like how in BW2, a girl from Johto talks about how she has "Goldenrod Dialect"

>>29693423
>stormy skies
>comfy
European plz go
>>
File: 10.jpg (562KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
562KB, 640x576px
>>29686428
I never thought about it this way before. It makes sense.
>>
>>29682890
GSC Goldenrod is probably my fav.

The one I visited the most since it had important landmarks such as the radio tower, bullet train to Kanto, shopping center, game corner, plus the daycare just on the outskirts of town.

Jubilife is nice but unfortunately I never found a reason to visit it very often in-game.
>>
>>29683358
THIS

In RSE, Mauville is tiny, especially compared to Rustboro. In ORAS, it's more a glorified shopping mall than an actual city. Rustboro has the major corporation of the region, it's definitely the biggest city in Hoenn.
>>
>>29693817
Or Lilycove
>>
>>29693521
>i haven't explored the entire city yet

anon.. the game is decades old..
>>
>>29693817
Rustboro isn't even the biggest city in RSE
>>
>>29693775
I wonder what's the difference between Kanto and Kansai dialects.
>>
>>29682890
Isn't black city gigantic?
>>
>>29694643
Black City is hard to place but I'm fairly certain its not bigger than Castelia
>>
>>29694179
i have hgss

and i have yet to finish it
>>
>>29682890
I'm seeing a surprising amount of love for Goldenrod honestly. More than I expected.

I approve
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.